PDA

View Full Version : QUESTIONS FOR HASBRO - round 8

JediTricks
08-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Please post your VOTE for up to 3 of the questions provided in this thread, letting us know which ones you most want to see asked on Friday, August 11th. Keep in mind that your votes in round 7 do not count in this round, so if your question is still on the list, vote for it again.

Also, when submitting a new question post it separately from your votes, a moderator will later edit it, add it to the list, and delete the question's post to keep the thread clutter-free. Try to keep the questions as clear and concise as possible. Hasbro's answers from previous SSG questions (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=76); and from other sites (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=220).

Questions we're asking this week:
Zizzle has released a 2.5-foot-long Black Pearl pirate ship for their Pirates of the Carribean 4" figure line for MSRP $50. In light of this, why hasn't Hasbro done Jabba's Sailbarge yet, especially when Star Wars is the more popular brand?
What are the chances that Hasbro will make Yarna D'al Gargan (Fat Dancer in Jabba's Palace) in 2007, after 2007, or if definitively not, has Hasbro actively decided that she will never be made?
If a figure made the top 25 of the ToyFare magazine Fan Choice Poll, does that give the figure more of a chance to be made?
What are the chances of Hasbro producing a Millennium Falcon vehicle that's actually in-scale (1/18th) with the action figures? If not, what about at least an all-new, larger Falcon with more interior play areas?
What is the selection process for characters to be made into figures, and what is the best way for fans to increase the chances of the release for a certain figure?
What are the chances of seeing more "battle-damaged" human characters (such as Qui-Gon, Shmi, and Owen & Beru Lars)? Assuming the chances are slim, why is that, are they considered too gruesome for release?Current questions (vote for up to 3):

- Could we get a US release of the Eopie Creature from the Episode I line which to date has only been released in non-US countries?
- Could we get a re-release of the hard-to-find Expanded Universe figures from 1998?
- Will the 501st Clonetrooper using the Super Articulated body ever be made available on a basic card?
- What is the status of Action Fleet under its original concept - minifigure interaction and true play features?
- What is the status of actual Micro Machines (the smallest vehicles Galoob regularly made in plastic)?
- What is the status of Playskool's Jedi Force line?

- Having met some of you at SD Comic-Con, where I've been able to talk to you and learn all sorts of things about the struggle involved in making these toys, I wonder if maybe you'd consider sharing a lot more of that with collectors in general? If not, why? - asked by Plasticfetish
- Back when you were posting updates about the Fan's Choice figure development on your site, it did a lot to generate interest. Any chance that you'd go back to doing somethig like that? If not, why?
- I've seen the Kenner and Galoob logos on a few things lately. Is that just a "special" thing, or are we looking to see a relaunch of some old brands?
- Are more properties aside from Battlestar Galactica and Star Wars and Transformers planned for the 3" vehicle and 6" Ultra Titanium lines?
- On the local level Hasbro gets only raw info on which items are selling at major retailers, but not specific trends such as what percentage are kids, collectors, hoarders, scalpers; nor why some figures sell poorly (is it a poor figure or the case ratio). Would Hasbro consider hiring collectors as area representatives for the Star Wars line?
- Will there be more Original Trilogy based 3 3/4" figure battlepacks?
- What are the chances of having a Collector's Society program where fans could buy toys directly (through HasbroToyShop.com perhaps, like how the GI Joe 3 3/4" line is currently offered) that Hasbro thinks wouldn't sell well in regular stores, such as an AT-TE, Sith Inflitrator, and new playsets?
- With each figure having at least 6 different "exclusive hologram figure" pack-ins, some collectors think these were created solely to sell multiples of the same figure to completists. What was the thinking behind these "exclusive hologram figure" pack-ins, and why change the color from blue to red when there were no red character holograms in the movies?
- Which version of the Jedi Starfighter will be offered in the Titanium Series Ultra 6" Vehicle line, the Episode 2 or Episode 3 version?
- What are the chances of seeing a relauch of the Collector Fleet series (the larger, electronic starships of the Rebel Blockade Runner, Imperial Star Destroyer, & the very-rare Super Star Destroyer from '96), with new entries such as ROTS ships like the Venator Class Star Destroyer and The Invisible Hand?
- Any chance of getting a figure of "Heater", the character name given to the human actor stand-in for Jabba in for A New Hope played by Declan Mullholland?
- Any chance of getting a Nute Gunray with robes and miter from Episode 2 and 3?
- Might you re-release the Naboo Fighter (last seen in Episode 2, for which there was no toy release) with appropriately-chromed aka vacuum-metallized sections?
- What's the chance of re-releasing older, harder-to-find figures (such as the Sio Bibble wave, the Admiral Motti wave, etc.)?
- Is there any way that Hasbro Toy Shop could be better-stocked than it is? There's rarely any new product on that site.
- In the future, will translucent ghost & hologram figures only be the all-blue style, or will we see more like the fully-colored translucent 2004 Luke and Obi-Wan figures?
- Canadaian collectors miss out on a many of the US-only store exclusives. Any chance Canadians could have every exclusive figure/vehicle/combination made available on shop.starwars.com after their shelf runs in the US stores?
- Why were there only 5 Vintage-style figures this year, and why was Empire Strikes Back left out of the line-up when there are such candidates as Snowtrooper, Bespin Luke, Bespin Han, the Hoth incarnations of Han, Luke, & Leia, and even ESB style Boba Fett waiting to be made?
- Is there any possibility of seeing a 7" Unleashed Clone Wars Animated wave?
- Removable lightsaber blades so Jedi figures could have saber accessories that were "on" or "off" and could be worn on their belts was a good concept, but this made the blades more fragile. Are there any plans to release Jedi figures - both main characters and secondary - with both solid one piece ignited lightsaber and "off" lightsaber hilt accessories?
- What is the status of the Holiday line? Any thoughts to a release of a Padme & Anakin with baby Luke manger type of scene?
- Will Hasbro ever produce a figure of the "Imperial Trooper in space" at the Death Star trench's guns watching as the Millennium Falcon is being tractored into the Death Star? This is different from the Expanded Universe Spacetrooper.
- Are you planning on releasing any new Neimoidian figures in 2007?
- With talk about the Expanded Universe figures returning in 2007, are the EU figures going to be short-packed like Scorch or will there be enough for everyone?
- Would Hasbro willing to create a catalog of replacement parts for those parts that break or get easily lost on vehicles and playsets so consumers can always get replacements even long after the toy has stopped manufacturing? If not, why not?
- Will the Republic Gunship turret from the 2002 Saga line's Clone Trooper Republic Gunship Pilot ever make a comeback? Will there be a version more in scale with the figures?
- Understanding that it's not currently possible for HasbroToyShop to offer a 1-of-every-figure subscription service, what about offering individual 1-of-every-figure-in-the-wave sets on the site when they come out, so a buyer can get all the unique figures in that wave at once without having to buy a full case with all its duplicates? Those duplicates could even be sold as individuals on HasbroToyShop.
- Are you planning on releasing any new Separatist Leader figures in 2007?
- If Hasbro feels that mid-sized vehicles is the way to go, then will we be seeing more airspeeders and landspeeders in the forseeable future? Some of the airspeeders are pretty much snubfighter sized.
- What is with the somewhat recent practice of putting the faces of Temuera Morrison and Bodie Taylor on helmeted troopers that we never see unmasked in the movies, especially those who likely are not clones (and if they are clones wouldn't be clones of Jango Fett since the DNA source was killed in Episode 2)?
- Is it an objective of Hasbro's to eventually make every character that had a speaking role in the films - whether or not they interacted with core characters - into action figures? Nearly all these characters have been given names by Lucasfilm or EU authors.
- Many Imperial, Rebel, and other-faction lower-rank troopers seen in minor roles in the films have been given names and backstories in the EU. Any chance of seeing these minor individual 'grunts' released as individual character figures thus lending satisfaction for collectors when the names and individual likenesses of these troopers see action figure recognition, as well as another way of bringing greater variety to the various trooper ranks?
- Why doesn't Hasbro include basic figure pack-ins that we can actually use (eg: clear stands; Mouse Droids; Senate Cams; Sith Probes; extra accessories like on and off lightsabers, commlinks, scanners, pilot headsets, oxygen masks, backpacks) instead of gimmicks like holo-mini-figs and coins?
- In light of Hasbro making an ethnicity variation on the upcoming Endor Rebel Soldier figure, is there a possibility of ethnic variations for other figures that warrant it like a Black Bespin Guard or Rebel Pilot, especially since there was a Black Bespin Guard in the vintage Kenner line?
- Recently, you said some of the figure rumor lists are inaccurate. Will you debunk one of those rumored-to-be-coming-soon figures that Hasbro actually does not plan to release in any format in the next 18 months (any figure rumor of your choice)?
- Does the Star Wars team still have interest in seeing every original vintage figure that Kenner made redone in the modern line in some way (be it basic figure or otherwise), such as: Sim Aloo, Warok, Lumat, human B-wing Pilot, Hoth Rebel Technician / Tauntaun wrangler, black Bespin Security Guard, Woof (vintage Klaatu with the sheepskin), etc.? If so, any specific timeline for them?
- Eventually will all the Episode III Clone Commanders be released as an entire set?
- With the release of the George Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise and the Lucas Family Collection, can we expect to see a George Lucas the Director action figure in his trademarked flannel shirt and perhaps variations of old and young Lucas?
- Although we have two figures from the planet Utapau (Tion Medon and Utapaun Warrior, both Pau'an species), the ROTS planet had a second species seen in the film, the Utai - not major players in the film, but they have several moments of screen time making them at least as prominent as background characters such as the Mustafar Sentry or Neimoidian Warrior which are already figures - so are we likely to get any Utai in the near future? Vote now, and in separate posts, add new questions!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-07-2006, 06:07 PM
22. Holograms/ghosts
27. Holiday line
37. Speaking characters

Turbowars
08-07-2006, 06:44 PM

DarthQuack
08-07-2006, 06:57 PM

Droid
08-07-2006, 07:20 PM
I vote for a new question:

Will you tell us one figure that has been rumored on some web sites as a coming figure that Hasbro does not plan to release in some format in the end of 2006 or during 2007?

Rogue II
08-07-2006, 08:20 PM
and I'll save my last vote until later this week.

Tycho
08-07-2006, 08:23 PM
New Question:

Does (and when will) the Star Wars team still have interest in seeing every original vintage figure that KENNER made, redone in the modern line in some way, such as:

Slim Aloo
Warok
Romba
Lumat
a human B-wing Pilot
a Hoth Rebel Technician / TaunTaun wrangler
a black Bespin Security Guard
Woof (vintage Klaatu with the sheepskin)?

Tycho
08-07-2006, 08:25 PM
I'll vote for

#1 the American release of the Eopie
#3 the 501st SA blue Clone Trooper, single carded

and I'll save a vote in reserve to see if my question is addable.

JediTricks
08-07-2006, 08:36 PM
I vote for a new question:

Will you tell us one figure that has been rumored on some web sites as a coming figure that Hasbro does not plan to release in some format in the end of 2006 or during 2007?I need a clarification on this, are you asking them to confirm the INACCURACY of a random figure rumor? If so, it'd probably be easier if you had a "top rumors" list from which Hasbro could choose to debunk.

New Question:

Does (and when will) the Star Wars team still have interest in seeing every original vintage figure that KENNER made, redone in the modern line in some way, such as:

Slim Aloo
Warok
Romba
Lumat
a human B-wing Pilot
a Hoth Rebel Technician / TaunTaun wrangler
a black Bespin Security Guard
Woof (vintage Klaatu with the sheepskin)?Although Yakface's question wasn't precisely what you're asking, I am pretty sure Hasbro's answer was aimed more at your question:
Yakface.com: Is it Hasbro's intention to release all of the vintage Kenner figures in the high end vintage figure series? If so, will we be seeing an "ultimate" version of Leia(Bespin Gown) sometime in the future?
Hasbro: Well, that would be nice to have such an end-point in mind. But rather than commit to that as the goal, we'll just have to say "wait and see" and take each wave as it comes. We're focusing on the higher demand figures first.
If you feel that I'm mistaken about the interpretation of that answer, LMK and I'll reconsider adding your question.

Battle Droid
08-07-2006, 08:46 PM
3, 29, and 34.

Tycho
08-07-2006, 08:58 PM
]If you feel that I'm mistaken about the interpretation of that answer, LMK and I'll reconsider adding your question.

A little mistaken about the interpretation: Hasbro seems to be answering the question on YakFace with regards gearing towards $11 figures in clamshells. We'd both doubt a Death Star Droid or Malakali would sell that way.

I think the question could be valid and should be considered by those here, and it should be specifically phrased so that people (and especially Hasbro) know we are not asking for a SA Malakali in a clamshell packed on a 1984 ROTJ cardback, but rather that human, red uniformed B-wing pilot (who is not represented by a Y-wing pilot who was mislabled Arvel Crynyd in the 3 pack). And I know the black Bespin Guard is actually more popular and still fits in that category of vintage figures not yet modernized for the $6 line.

SpartansOnFire
08-07-2006, 10:44 PM
Q: Eventually will all the Clone Commanders from Episode III be released as an entire set?

El Chuxter
08-07-2006, 11:38 PM
#10 (emphasis on GIJoes other than Darth Revan)

carl8s
08-08-2006, 09:09 AM
# 21, # 24, #31

Jangu Fett
08-08-2006, 09:22 AM
4 - FOUR
5 - FIVE
and 10

Once again, I must ask. HOW MANY TIME WILL WE ASK THE SAME QUESTIONS???? WILL THESE FIGURES BE MADE, WILL THESE SHIPS OR PLAYSETS???
Hasbro, clearly will not give a direct answer to these questions. Yet or ever. I think ever since doing the weekly Q&A someone, not on SSG, but else where has asked about the ice cream guy and Jabba's fat dancer. No I don't know their names, nor do I really care to. I don't think Hasbro needs to do every single charater in the SW universe. However I would like to see a larger or to scale Falcon. As well as some new playsets. But figures that were on screne for, all of what, 2 seconds??? Hey whatever. It's a vote.

My point is simple this. Hasbro is going to continue doing 3" figures, ships and playset. They have the rights till what 2018? It's most likely we will see all the things we want. So again I'm voting for the questions that ask about other SW lines that were put on hold after Hasbro bought out Galloob. Yes people, Hasbro does do other SW lines. Other then the 3" line. OK. I'm done now. Just needed to get that out. :thumbsup:

dindae
08-08-2006, 09:28 AM
1, 15, 17.

Droid
08-08-2006, 10:12 AM
I need a clarification on this, are you asking them to confirm the INACCURACY of a random figure rumor? If so, it'd probably be easier if you had a "top rumors" list from which Hasbro could choose to debunk.

They have said some of the rumor lists are inaccuracte. So I want them to tell us one FIGURE that has been rumored that is not coming in '06/'07. I don't much care how the quesiton is worded. I figured this question might get them to give a solid answer on something. If we asked them to reveal another figure that is coming they wouldn't say.

Dark Marble
08-08-2006, 10:40 AM
I vote for 1, 22, and 40.

glenntn
08-08-2006, 12:38 PM
I like 1, 14, and 25.

decadentdave
08-08-2006, 12:39 PM
Will the release of the George Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise and the Lucas Family Collection, can we expect to see a George Lucas the Director action figure in his trademarked flannel shirt and perhaps variations of old and young Lucas?

JediTricks
08-08-2006, 03:18 PM
Questions 41-44 added.

Droid, you have 2 vote slots left.

Decadentdave, you also have 2 vote slots left.

A little mistaken about the interpretation: Hasbro seems to be answering the question on YakFace with regards gearing towards $11 figures in clamshells.... I think the question could be valid and should be considered by those here, and it should be specifically phrased so that people (and especially Hasbro) know we are not asking for a SA Malakali in a clamshell packed on a 1984 ROTJ cardback, but rather that human, red uniformed B-wing pilot (who is not represented by a Y-wing pilot who was mislabled Arvel Crynyd in the 3 pack). And I know the black Bespin Guard is actually more popular and still fits in that category of vintage figures not yet modernized for the $6 line.Ok, I'll add it, but if it gets voted in I strongly suspect we get the same answer that they gave before.

Once again, I must ask. HOW MANY TIME WILL WE ASK THE SAME QUESTIONS???? WILL THESE FIGURES BE MADE, WILL THESE SHIPS OR PLAYSETS???
Hasbro, clearly will not give a direct answer to these questions. Yet or ever. First, let me clarify that on a couple rare occasions, they actually did answer questions with direct positives, and on many other occasions they have definitively shot down these requests which are direct answers - just not the ones we want to hear.

That aside, I agree with you, these specific questions - will they make this guy, will they make that ship - are ones Hasbro generally doesn't give us much traction with, mostly they say "no" and don't explain WHY they won't touch it. This is why the first 2 rounds had it so those specific questions weren't allowed, but Hasbro was answering specifics so I stopped doing it. However, I do feel like it's not the best use of our efforts.

They have said some of the rumor lists are inaccuracte. So I want them to tell us one FIGURE that has been rumored that is not coming in '06/'07. I don't much care how the quesiton is worded. I figured this question might get them to give a solid answer on something. If we asked them to reveal another figure that is coming they wouldn't say.Okey doke, thanks for clarifying. Like I said before, I wasn't totally sure what you meant in the question, your wording wasn't clear enough for me so I couldn't pose it to Hasbro because I wouldn't be sure of what I was asking. I've reworded it to something I think better expresses what you were driving for, question 41, LMK if I missed the mark you were after.

JediTricks
08-08-2006, 03:26 PM
My votes:

5) Micro Machines

15) Titanium JSF

19) Chrome Naboo Fighter

Tycho
08-08-2006, 04:06 PM
Thanks for adding my question JT. I'm going to vote for it. My first two votes didn't change. So my total votes are:

#1 the American release of the Eopie
#3 the 501st SA blue Clone Trooper, single carded
#42 - completing every Kenner '80's releases' modernization

doch18
08-08-2006, 04:24 PM

sebillba
08-09-2006, 01:22 AM
I'll vote for:

1 (I'm sure this didn't get released in the UK either)

sebillba
08-09-2006, 02:30 AM
I have a new question....

One of the major environments of ROTS is Utapau, a planet which takes its name from its two native species... we already have two Pau'an figures, but are we likely to get any Utai in the near future? They have several seconds of their own screen time, and are far more prominent than other "blink-and-you-miss-them" background characters (such as the Mustafar Sentry or Neimoidian Warrior). I'm sure they would appeal to kids as well as collectors... and would also make a great two-pack! ;)

If this question gets included, I'd like to vote for it instead of #17.

Tycho
08-09-2006, 02:33 AM
I think you have it backwards: we have two Utai figures and no Pau'ans.

But I might be wrong. I think the Pau'ans were the little guys that fueled Obi-Wan's starfighter.

sebillba
08-09-2006, 02:49 AM
I don't think I'm wrong on this one - I found a quote from starwars.com's databank....

"The Pau'ans, the taller of the two Utapaun species, are long-lived for humanoids, with lives that span centuries. For this, they have been nicknamed the Ancients by the outlanders who frequent Utapau (http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/utapau/). ..... In contrast, the Utai are largely ignorant and disinterested in worldly or interstellar relations. They've been called Shorts, due to their small stature but also their brief lifespans."

Hasbro call the Pau'ans 'Utapauans', which is the term for the two species lumped together.

Darth Jax
08-09-2006, 06:34 AM
10 - other "lines" for titanium
25 - CW unleashed
39 - useful accessories

LTBasker
08-09-2006, 09:52 AM
15. JSF
19. Chrome Naboo Fighter
39. Better pack-ins (clear stands, accessories, etc.)

Droid
08-09-2006, 10:04 AM
Questions 41-44 added.
Okey doke, thanks for clarifying. Like I said before, I wasn't totally sure what you meant in the question, your wording wasn't clear enough for me so I couldn't pose it to Hasbro because I wouldn't be sure of what I was asking. I've reworded it to something I think better expresses what you were driving for, question 41, LMK if I missed the mark you were after.

Thanks, the question looks good as you reworded it, but I do think there is a typo (has does not plan).

LTBasker
08-09-2006, 10:06 AM
I'm not sure on wether we're only supposed to post two picks and one question or go ahead with three picks and still post a question, but here's my question:

- Will the upcoming Kashyyyk trooper be exactly like the VTSC Biker Scout or will it have the pull-up visor addition that the tin set Biker Scout version will have?

(if we're only supposed to pick two from the list and then post a question then nix the chrome Naboo Starfighter one, please)

Tycho
08-09-2006, 10:47 AM
I don't think I'm wrong on this one - I found a quote from starwars.com's databank....

"The Pau'ans, the taller of the two Utapaun species, are long-lived for humanoids, with lives that span centuries. For this, they have been nicknamed the Ancients by the outlanders who frequent Utapau (http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/utapau/). ..... In contrast, the Utai are largely ignorant and disinterested in worldly or interstellar relations. They've been called Shorts, due to their small stature but also their brief lifespans."

Hasbro call the Pau'ans 'Utapauans', which is the term for the two species lumped together.

It looks like Sibillba is correct. Thank you for the info. :)

JediTricks
08-09-2006, 07:27 PM
Question 45 added.

Sebillba, let me know if I got the idea of your question across, I reworked it to fit my more linear understanding.

Thanks, the question looks good as you reworded it, but I do think there is a typo (has does not plan).Heh heh, oops. Fixed.

I'm not sure on wether we're only supposed to post two picks and one question or go ahead with three picks and still post a question, but here's my question:

- Will the upcoming Kashyyyk trooper be exactly like the VTSC Biker Scout or will it have the pull-up visor addition that the tin set Biker Scout version will have?

(if we're only supposed to pick two from the list and then post a question then nix the chrome Naboo Starfighter one, please)You are not obliged to add any questions at all, just vote for up to 3 of the questions. If you wish, you can include any new questions you wish in a separate post, but they won't count as one of your votes if you've already voted all 3 slots that week.

BTW, I'm not adding your question only because Hasbro said in another site's Q&A that it's a straight repaint of the VTSC Biker Scout:

GalacticHunter.com: Is the #65 Elite Corps Clone Trooper (Kashyyyk), as shown at Comic-Con, the final product, or a mock-up? Collectors have noted that the image shown is a repaint of the Vintage Saga Biker Scout, and the helmet and armor scheme isn't movie accurate. Is this figure likely to be revisited down the road?

Hasbro: It is a repaint of the vintage Biker Scout. If we do revise him down the road, it won't be for a long time…so this is the only version of this figure we are able to do right now.

sebillba
08-09-2006, 11:56 PM
Thanks for adding my question JT, it sounds fine.

So, if it's ok, I'd like to change my votes to:

Devo
08-10-2006, 12:00 PM
I'll go for 3, 37 and 40

Kidhuman
08-10-2006, 12:07 PM
Time to weigh in here:

36, 40, 41.

JediTricks
08-11-2006, 02:06 PM
Round 8 here is now closed, look for the round 9 thread soon, and thanks again to everybody who voted. All deleted question posts will now be undeleted.