PDA

View Full Version : I want a World's Finest movie!!

El Chuxter
08-08-2006, 12:14 PM
For the first time in human history, there are excellent Batman and Superman films coming out at the same time, by the same studio, and starring actors who are roughly analogous in age.

So we need a crossover movie! It's been done (and quite well) in cartoon form. The two heroes, from very different worlds (figuratively speaking), must join forces to stop a heinous plan (likely involving Kevin Spacey and Heath Ledger, if Joker doesn't die in Batman Begins 2). At first they are at odds, having such different methods as to almost be opponents. But they put aside their differences and in the end are, if not yet friends, at least allies. (And Superman has to entrust Batman with the only known shard of Kryptonite, of course.)

Anyone not thinking this would be a good idea? (You can check yourself into the insane asylum now if that's the case.)

2-1B
08-08-2006, 12:31 PM
I don't think it's a good idea, I like to think of "Batman" as a real world possibility WITHOUT magical flying men from other planets traipsing through the solar system with mystical powers. :)

scruffziller
08-08-2006, 01:17 PM
It had been in talks sometime ago but the project was scrapped.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-08-2006, 01:24 PM
If done right, a Superman-Batman mashup would be totally killer. However, it definitely has the ability to cross into the Cheese Zone very easily. I'd rather see them do separate sequels to the already outstanding films.

Rocketboy
08-08-2006, 02:39 PM
Not so long ago, either Brian Singer or Chistopher Nolan (I forget which), said he would actually like to make a Batman vs Superman movie. The problem would be figuring out which one the villain is.

JediTricks
08-08-2006, 03:36 PM
I don't think Routh and Bale would work well together in a crossover movie, Routh played his role with a bit of a weakness in character and Bale played his role with a strength of character, I think the combination would overwhelm the Superman role, he'd be steamrollered and it'd be a boring "fly here, do that" story.

Kidhuman
08-08-2006, 04:02 PM
I would headbutt both of them and win. Movie over!!!!

El Chuxter
08-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Not "Batman vs Superman," turkeys! "Batman and Superman vs Luthor and the Joker"!!

Darkness and light.

Realism and fantasy.

Brains and brawn.

I think in the hands of either director, this could be a great tale of two polar opposites joining together to fight overwhelming odds.

Imagine the premise if Luthor comes back to civilization, knowing what he knows about Jason, and hires some muscle from Gotham to kidnap him. He could con Superman into a situation where he's incapacitated, but he doesn't suspect that a "mere" mortal in a black suit will save the day.

But a "vs" movie would suck bigtime.