PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Gen Con Indy 2006?

Turbowars
08-09-2006, 06:39 PM
If anyone can help me with a Mara Jade GG mini bust please LMK.

Turbowars
08-14-2006, 11:59 PM
Thanks for all the help and replies!:yes: :rolleyes:

JediTricks
08-15-2006, 02:54 PM
I'm afraid nobody here goes to Gen Con, it's a gaming convention and it's split between Indy and SoCal (ok, "split" isn't accurate, SoCal is a fraction of the draw the Indy one has). But look at the other threads about Gen Con here: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=31920
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=20474

Nobody goes to these things from our group, searching "gen con" gets you these 3 threads and a bunch about Celebration 3, the CCG forum isn't exactly doing hot business (or virtually any business) and nobody's asked us to set up a Role Play forum, SSG just doesn't have much of a gaming community.

Turbowars
08-19-2006, 11:36 PM
Well it turns out that I didn't need any help from anyone here at SSG. A old Scummer friend and I traded. I sent him a Shocky and I got a Jade! What a awesome Bust and boy does she have a bust!:evil:

JediTricks
08-21-2006, 06:08 PM
Congrats on the get, now you can ogle in the comfort of your own home. :p

OC47150
08-30-2006, 08:32 AM
I went, specifically for the Jade bust. Shannon McRandle was there too, autographing the busts for free. :thumbsup: She signed the front of the bust and the box for me.

The guys I go with are gamers; I'm not. I go for autographs (depending on who's there) and looking for toys. I got BSG's Richard Hatch's autograph on a 12" Apollo figure. Only three booths selling SW toys, and most of those were overpriced. $40 for an UGH Scorch, and it sold!!

Also picked up the exclusive 100th Gentle Giant bust-up at the GG booth from playing a game. It's very nice.

Tritex
09-16-2006, 05:41 PM
Gen Con hasn't brought about anything special Star Wars Orientated yet but I am one of the key sponsors for an event in the UK called Game07 in Manchester and there will be a great deal of Miniature gaming going on these specific to Star Wars! May be worth a look-in!! :thumbsup: