PDA

View Full Version : Notices Showing Up for 12" Obi-Wan Kenobi & Mace Windu

JediTricks
08-09-2006, 07:50 PM
After an unexpected delay, Sideshow is now sending out 15-day shipping notices for 12" Obi-Wan and Mace Windu.

Hopefully you're a rich millionaire so that 12" Obi-Wan and Mace Windu shipping a week or so after 12" Bespin Han Solo (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=12&p2_articleid=214) won't break your wallet; for the rest of us, SURPRISE! With Obi-Wan it can't be helped really, for those who don't know, ROTS Obi-Wan's release was moved back to facilitate a correction in the color of Obi-Wan's Jedi robe.

Anyway, Sideshow has just started sending out notices that 12" Obi-Wan and Mace Windu will be arriving in Sideshow's Los Angeles warehouse in the next 15 to 18 days and customers who preordered the figures will see their credit cards authorized for their orders then. So if you have any changes to make to your account, do so now to avoid losing your preorders.

AmanaMatt
08-09-2006, 09:05 PM
I received the notice for Obi-Wan and Mace Windu!

Man, first Han, then Obi-wan and now Mace. I am glad Sept is a three paycheck month!

Hellboy
08-10-2006, 12:00 AM
Yeah I received my notices as well. Looking forward to both of these. I wonder who will ship first Han, Mace or Obi-Wan?

Jayspawn
08-10-2006, 01:09 PM
Sideshow is hittin the credit card hard this month! I bet Han will be showing up first.

Darth Cruel
08-10-2006, 02:26 PM
3 Sideshow figures in 2 weeks. I feel as though I have won the lottery. Fellow collectors, savor the moment as it may never happen again.

I only hope that my wife finds a reason to be especially happy to be married to me about 30 seconds before I tell her about this.

JediTricks
08-10-2006, 05:05 PM
Han ships first, then about a week later Obi-Wan and Mace probably within a day of each other, I am guessing Obi-Wan first. I preordered Han & Obi-Wan and with them shipping so close, I'm concerned that I'm going to have to cancel one of them - and it ain't gonna be Obi-Wan!

plasticfetish
08-11-2006, 01:05 AM
I preordered Han & Obi-Wan and with them shipping so close, I'm concerned that I'm going to have to cancel one of them - and it ain't gonna be Obi-Wan!Yeah, this is going to hurt. I've been so tight about ordering these... and here I'll be hit for these two at once. Ouch! (Still trying to decide if I'll cancel one also.)

jedimom
08-11-2006, 10:23 AM
I haven't gotten my notice yet. I keep checking the website too and no notice, just says reservation submitted

Darth Cruel
08-11-2006, 11:17 AM
I haven't gotten my notice yet. I keep checking the website too and no notice, just says reservation submitted

Welcome to the forum JM. Are you on the wait list for one or did you get in on the pre-order?

jedimom
08-11-2006, 11:35 AM
Thank you.

I am pretty sure I got in on the pre-order, since it says Reservation Placed. My Qui-Gon stauts has always said Order Placed. Maybe its the other way around, Qui-Gon got the pre-order and Obi is not? I dunno

Hellboy
08-11-2006, 07:53 PM
I am pretty sure I got in on the pre-order, since it says Reservation Placed. My Qui-Gon stauts has always said Order Placed. Maybe its the other way around, Qui-Gon got the pre-order and Obi is not? I dunno

Sounds like you might be on the Wait List. "Order Placed" means you got your order or pre-order in while "Reservation Submitted" means you're on the Wait List.

Checking the status of your orders is very easy to do. Simply log into your Sideshow account and click "Order History & Status." If you see a "T" in front of the order # your order was placed but if its a "W" you're still on the Wait List. If your wait list item is converted the "W" then becomes a "T" and when that happens Sideshow should send you notification so you can back out of the reservation should you so choose.

Oh yeah, welcome to the boards. :D

BlueSnags
08-15-2006, 12:01 PM
I just got the notice for Exclusive Qui-Gon today. Looks like the remaining four figures of 2006 will ALL be shipping in the next few weeks.:yes:

JediTricks
08-15-2006, 01:18 PM
I got one too, posted about it in the news. It's just 6 days after the last 2 which themselves were only a week after Bespin Han, it's crazy.

Hellboy
08-23-2006, 08:50 PM
Looks like Mace is next. I just received my credit card pre-authorization notice email which states Mace should be in their warehouse within 3-5 days.

shammykenobi
08-23-2006, 09:45 PM
Do you have to use a credit card when ordering from Sideshow?? Or do they accept paypal or debit cards? I don't have a credit card and that's why i've not ordered anything from them yet...and even thought the pics look great, they could be prototypes and the product may not look that good...although I did take a chance on Kit Fisto and it's one of my favorite figures...and the Jedi luke looked awful in the pics, but looks really good in person...

JediTricks
08-24-2006, 05:22 PM
I've been using my debit card as a credit card and it's worked 3 out of 3 times so far, it should work every time providing the money is clear in the account, my debit card has a Master Card logo and number. SSC definitely does not take Paypal right now, though they do take money orders and checks - however, if you want to do a preorder with check you must have a credit card and then you have to contact them and let them know you'll be paying with check or money order instead.

Darth Cruel
08-24-2006, 05:27 PM
Another benefit of using debit cards is: if you don't have enough money in the bank for the figure...with a credit card the charge will get declined and you will lose the figure. But with a debit card, you will still get the figure...it will just cost the extra $30.00 for the overdraft fee.

shammykenobi
08-24-2006, 05:49 PM
O.k. thanks for the info...I may start ordering from Sideshow then...but I'm still a little put off by the fact that you have to buy from them direct by mailorder...I know it cuts out the middle man or whatever but I would still rather walk into a store, see something that I know I want and buy it right then, rather than pre-order with credit/debit card based on prototype pictures, then wait god-knows-how-long, for a figure that may show up looking completely different when you finally get it...I've learned one time too many, that mail order is a big hassle...and even the best pictures can be misleading...it seems that sideshow could figure out some kinda of distribution with diamon so that at least we can by their figures at comic shops rather than having to pick them up on the secondary market.

JediTricks
08-24-2006, 06:15 PM
Don't count on that overdraft protection, its behavior varies from account to account and bank to bank, don't risk it if can at all help it. I realized 2 days ago that today was the first day Sideshow might start charging for Obi-Wan so I rushed down and made a $60 deposit to cover it, I don't want to miss that one.

You don't have to buy through Sideshow directly unless you want the exclusives, they send the regular release figures out to retailers, it's just that most of them sell them online instead of in stores so you're back to square one. I know Luke or Anakin was spotted in a store right after he came out, expensive though and random since it was a comic/specialty shop. The good thing about Sideshow is they guarantee you like the fig or your money back, the bad thing is, like you said, no way to see it before preordering.

shammykenobi
08-24-2006, 09:11 PM
I found a store in a mall in tennesse that was selling the 1/4 scale premium figures, and they had about 4 or 5 kit fisto's. Kit's were $65 and the premium formats were around $250 if memory serves correctly. I thought that they were selling them after they had paid retail and were just using them as a draw card because they were in the window. I mean it's really good to see something that cool in a window in a mall, but I would think that most comic/specialty shops would pass over them because that's a lot of money for one of their customers to drop at one time.

Darth Cruel
08-24-2006, 09:16 PM
I found a store in a mall in tennesse that was selling the 1/4 scale premium figures, and they had about 4 or 5 kit fisto's. Kit's were $65 and the premium formats were around $250 if memory serves correctly. I thought that they were selling them after they had paid retail and were just using them as a draw card because they were in the window. I mean it's really good to see something that cool in a window in a mall, but I would think that most comic/specialty shops would pass over them because that's a lot of money for one of their customers to drop at one time.

The retailer gets a lower price from Sideshow.

JediTricks
08-25-2006, 02:22 AM
Comic shops by me always have a few expensive items, heck, Meltdown had the NECA Balrog loose right on top of the display next to their door the other day, it's those big ticket "wow" items that only need to sell 1 or 2 of to make profite and to get people to take notice of the place.

Sith Lord 0498
08-28-2006, 07:49 PM
FYI, the 3-5 day notices have gone out for Obi-Wan. A call to Sideshow CS confirms Mace begins shipping out tonight and Obi should start shipping out by the end of the week!!!!

JEDIpartner
08-29-2006, 09:21 AM
I got mine yesterday as well! Sweet!!!!

plasticfetish
08-29-2006, 12:35 PM
Cancelled my Obi-Wan (too many hit to the credit card from Sideshow this month), so I'm sure someone on the waiting list will be happy. :)

Reefer Shark
08-29-2006, 08:00 PM
Comic shops by me always have a few expensive items, heck, Meltdown had the NECA Balrog loose right on top of the display next to their door the other day, it's those big ticket "wow" items that only need to sell 1 or 2 of to make profite and to get people to take notice of the place.

Hey JT, I know this is off topic, but where is Meltdown comics? I used to shop at that store regularly when they were located in Hollywood (like 10 years ago or so), but the last few times I've been by there, the shop was gone. Did they re-open in another city?

Samuel Windu
08-30-2006, 06:24 AM
Mace arrived:yes:

Check out some great pics here:thumbsup: http://www.hk501st.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=109

Jayspawn
08-30-2006, 12:06 PM
Got my shipping notification for Obi-Wan. Should arrive in a few days!

Great pictures of Mace there Samuel Windu! The final product looks pretty good. The accessories are great!

JediTricks
08-30-2006, 06:14 PM
I got my notice for Obi-Wan on my birthday, interesting timing. I don't even remember getting the short-notice for Han & SDCC Ani though, so I had forgotten to expect that. Hurry up and ship my Obi-Wan figure!!!

Those Mace photos make the likeness look really off, the eyes and left side especially. It's like he's got crazy eyes, I think they wanted them to seem soulful yet hardened but he looks looney!

Hey JT, I know this is off topic, but where is Meltdown comics? I used to shop at that store regularly when they were located in Hollywood (like 10 years ago or so), but the last few times I've been by there, the shop was gone. Did they re-open in another city?They moved literally across the street, big green double-storefront with the Meltdown alien dude in lights on top. The 7500 block of Sunset, south side of the street. There's also a couple satellite Meltdown stores now, Baby Melt in Atwater Village on Los Feliz, and Mini-Melt in Eagle Rock on Colorado.

Turbowars
08-30-2006, 07:22 PM
SSC just sent me a tracking # for Mace and he'll be here tomorrow. So check your e-mails if you ordered him.

I just received an e-mail replay about a few things from SSC and they told me Obi just came in this morning, so he'll start shipping early next week.

JediTricks
09-01-2006, 10:11 PM
Well, Sideshow charged me for Obi-Wan today, no email about that yet (they've gotten really slow about this stuff lately), but I'm very annoyed because for the first time they have charged me *MORE* than my estimated shipping price where all 3 previous figures came in cheaper. The estimate was $61.27 with tax & s/h but they charged me $65 something instead, it's $4 difference which I'd like them to explain - I know it's not a fortune, but I can barely afford these as it is and don't feel their value is quite living up to their pricetags so every extra buck makes a difference in how I feel about it.

Turbowars
09-01-2006, 10:17 PM
Well, Sideshow charged me for Obi-Wan today, no email about that yet (they've gotten really slow about this stuff lately), but I'm very annoyed because for the first time they have charged me *MORE* than my estimated shipping price where all 3 previous figures came in cheaper. The estimate was $61.27 with tax & s/h but they charged me $65 something instead, it's $4 difference which I'd like them to explain - I know it's not a fortune, but I can barely afford these as it is and don't feel their value is quite living up to their pricetags so every extra buck makes a difference in how I feel about it.
I don't thing they charged you yet JT, they are just holding funds right now. So far this is whatt they do with me. The estimate total is like 61.49, then they hold funds at about 64.11. Then when it ships I get charged 59.74. That's how it has gone for the last 3 for me.

JediTricks
09-02-2006, 02:16 AM
Hmm, interesting, good to know, I'll watch for it and see if it happens that way, it'd explain why I didn't get the email yet.

Reefer Shark
09-02-2006, 03:43 AM
They moved literally across the street, big green double-storefront with the Meltdown alien dude in lights on top. The 7500 block of Sunset, south side of the street. There's also a couple satellite Meltdown stores now, Baby Melt in Atwater Village on Los Feliz, and Mini-Melt in Eagle Rock on Colorado.

Thanks for the info JT :thumbsup:

JediTricks
09-05-2006, 09:15 PM
Well, still no shipment notice on Obi-Wan, anybody get one?

Turbowars
09-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Well, still no shipment notice on Obi-Wan, anybody get one?
End of the week, relax! :thumbsup:

decadentdave
09-06-2006, 03:32 AM
Well I got my Mace and like the Bespin Han, I'm disappointed. First of all, the Jango Fett helmet is cheap. I guess from the photos on their website I must have made an assumption that this was going to be die-cast or something, not molded plastic, and hollow so it could be "worn" but it is solid and small... looks like the Hasbro "pinhead" Boba Fett 12". The range-finder is not moveable like the Hasbro Ultimate Jango Fett helmet was and the soft plastic is "warped." What a let down. I thought this was going to be the prototype for the upcoming Scum and Villainy Fett figure but it sure as heck isn't. To all who missed out and ended up with the regular edition, you didn't miss out on a thing. Moving on, let's start with the head sculpt. It doesn't quite look like Samuel L. Jackson and it's only marginally better than the Hasbro 12" TPM Mace Windu. His eyes have that "red-eye" look that cries out for a bottle of Clear-Eyes. What kind of shroom he been smokin'? The body is the standard black-Buck which is an improvement over the Hasbro Joe-body. I was thinking maybe I shuld just order a generic Buck and do a head-swap with my TPM Mace and upgrade him with the SS Jedi belt, clothes and accessories. Here's hoping Obi-Wan will be better and judging from what I saw a Comic Con, he will. At least it "looks" like Ewan McGregor. Is it me or has the SS stuff been slipping quality-wise? Oh, and my box sustained impact damage so I'll be giving Amy a call tomorrow. Sheesh.

Gee, I almost forgot to mention the "stump." Guess SS got nervous after the failure of the Anakin interchangeable arm not staying attached so now the cauterized "stump" is interchangeable with the hand and it looks wrong. In the film, Anakin lops off most of his forearm but now it's his wrist. Hmm. Oh yeah, my covertec clip on his saber hilt fell off when I tried to place it in his hand. Yup, I'm calling Amy tomorrow.

jonthejedi
09-06-2006, 04:56 AM
Did anyone notice the text on Mace's access. promises three ignited lightsabers...I only see two in the tray.

jonthejedi
09-07-2006, 05:03 AM
...never mind my "duh moment."...I forgot Ep. 2 & 3 are the same sabers. I did read someone got a Mace with two left boots, though.

JediTricks
09-07-2006, 10:11 PM
End of the week, relax! :thumbsup:Hell no, they have my money, make with the goods already, Jabba the Hutt would put a massive bounty on any mofo who pulled that! :p It's a week late to ship (moreso if you count their original 20-day warning), I don't want to be left hanging for an indeterminate amount of time, the previous 3 SSC figures I preordered shipped smoothly and within the timeframes promised, this is the first one that has not (Qui-Gon is the second).

Is it me or has the SS stuff been slipping quality-wise?I've felt that way as well, their head sculpts all miss the mark to varying degrees and the quality on the bodies and costumes is slipping as well, the only thing I feel like I can count on is the accessories. If this were Hasbro and $20 figures, it'd be just more of the same which is why Sideshow took this license in the first place, to get us away from more of the same Hasbro blundering.

Sounds like Mace got really bad for you though.

decadentdave
09-07-2006, 11:23 PM
I agree JT. They always show us the prototypes when they take pre-orders THEN after several months they get the production samples and they look worse than the prototypes. Case-in-point: take the Obi-Wan production photos. Look worse than the photos I took from the display model at Comic Con. They pulled this stunt on the Forbidden Zone Taylor and never bothered to "update" with images of the actual production model or the product description which was grossly misleading. Call it Bait-and-Switch. I think Sideshow shows us the superior prototypes to hook us into ordering and then gives us a sub-standard figure that doesn't measure up. I'm going to be more skeptical when it comes to pre-orders now. Plo-Koon looks great and Kit Fisto was a great sculpt but the human figures have been very disappointing.

Luuuuuuke
09-08-2006, 11:12 AM
Holy crap, what did they do to Obi Wan? I just looked at the production photos and they sort of screwed up his face--or at least, it looks not as good as before.

His eyes look droopy. His face is really insipid looking. He has no pep. I liked him more before.

JediTricks
09-08-2006, 04:14 PM
I agree JT. They always show us the prototypes when they take pre-orders THEN after several months they get the production samples and they look worse than the prototypes. Case-in-point: take the Obi-Wan production photos. Look worse than the photos I took from the display model at Comic Con. They pulled this stunt on the Forbidden Zone Taylor and never bothered to "update" with images of the actual production model or the product description which was grossly misleading. Call it Bait-and-Switch. I think Sideshow shows us the superior prototypes to hook us into ordering and then gives us a sub-standard figure that doesn't measure up. I'm going to be more skeptical when it comes to pre-orders now. Plo-Koon looks great and Kit Fisto was a great sculpt but the human figures have been very disappointing.I'm actually used to that, their prototypes always have high-quality paint and whatnot because they're made by hand while the production versions are generally masked so they're a more automated and less artistic paint job. But that excuse only goes so far for a $50 figure, the eyebrows on Bespin Han Solo are a good example of this as they lack the required subtlety; ROTS Obi-Wan's production photos look like the paint work was incredibly sub-quality, that beard is easily 3 steps down and the hair lacks the luminesence. It's a shame because I do like their products more but they are slipping. I remember when 21st Century Toys was king of 1:6 scale military figures, then supposedly there was sabotage by a rival Asian 1:6 company and 21st started slipping and slipping and slipping in their head sculpts, paint apps, and clothing until they got to the sad state they are in now.

shammykenobi
09-08-2006, 08:00 PM
I thought the obi-wan production photos looked bad too...but one thing i was discussing with another collector the other day is that if you think of these figures in terms of the character and not the actor, then they're pretty good...I don't know if that makes sense to anyone or not, but even though the obi-wan looks worse (and doesn't really resemble ewan mcgregor) than the prototype, it's still a good likeness of the character and it's better than anything hasbro would have done.

But speaking of Hasbro's twelve inch, they showed us that they could do great work when they wanted to...like the ultimate villain Jango Fett, Plo Koon (which i've only seen pictures of) , Ki-Adi Mundi and Count Dooku...easily some of their best twelve inch, I just don't know why they couldn't do that quality all the time.

BlueSnags
09-08-2006, 09:40 PM
Exclusive Obi-Wan showed up earlier this afternoon. His hair is all wrong, unfortunately - it is dark brown, where it should be a light-reddish brown. Also, he was positioned in the box with one leg all turned around so he looks ridiculous. I was going to take him out eventually (don't have anywhere to display him right now), but that still ****ed me off.

Darth Cruel
09-08-2006, 10:14 PM
I got UPS' notice today. They still have not picked up the package from Sideshow yet. The email just said they got the request to pick up and the delivery address.

plasticfetish
09-08-2006, 11:05 PM
Also, he was positioned in the box with one leg all turned around so he looks ridiculous. I was going to take him out eventually (don't have anywhere to display him right now), but that still ****ed me off.Sounds a lot like my initial review of Han.

I'm still bummed that I had to cancel my Obi-Wan order... but maybe a little less now that I've read some of the comments from you guys. (I'll probably find him and buy him at a local shop later though.)

nash
09-09-2006, 05:22 AM
IMO im relived that these in hand photos show Obi in a much better light than Sideshow's photos did! This is the one figure that got me started on this line and other 1/6 figures so I had quite high expectations. not to mention im a huge obi fan. I think he came out pretty good and from these pictures im quite happy. Definitely not the SDCC prototype, but he makes Han look like a schoolgirl. whew.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j306/Wor-Gar/Obimore3.jpg

decadentdave
09-09-2006, 10:04 AM
If SS insists on showing "customized" prototypes on their pre-order page than they need to explicitly state that as such. In fact, I don't understand why they follow through with the hand-crafted paint apps at the production stage because the product they are selling does not resemble the product that was advertized. This is called "bait-and-switch."

Whoever made the comment about looking at the figure as a portrayal of the character instead of the actor I have to disagree. It becomes a cartoon charicature and not a likeness of the charcter or the actor portraying them. I want my Obi-Wan to look just like Ewan McGregor down to the paint apps on his beard and ginger highlights in his hair. The prototype on display at Comic Con was DEAD-ON and now what we get pales in comparison. I'm upset. I really thought Sideshow was the shiznit until I started receiving my figures and realizing I was getting products that fell considerably short of expectations and what was advertised. This is just wrong. I'll reluctantly keep my Kenobi but Mace is going back (still waiting to hear from Amy and it has been 4 days now).

And pouring salt on the open wound was what Sideshow did when they showed their "custom" painted Anakin on their blog. That was their way of saying "yeah, we screwed up on the paint job so here is how you can customize your own if only you have the skill and talent like we do."

Turbowars
09-09-2006, 11:04 AM
Damn I'm telling you SSC is determined to mess up all my orders. There has been enough $ on my card for 2 figures for a month and I get an e-mail yesterday saying my CC declined. I called and told them SSC did not even attempt to charge my. If they had I would had seen a NSF label on my Account and there was non, she ran it and what do you know it went through. Now Obi wont shipping until next week because someone dropped
the ball. I know it's not that big of a delay, but I don't feel like I need to baby sit an order all the way through, but I have to because of stuff like this. I don't trust UPS either.

nash
09-09-2006, 03:51 PM
I couldnt have said it better myself. This is the very reason why I respect companies like Medicom, Takara, and Hot Toys.

Ive noticed ALOT of people saying that they'd never buy a medicom or takara or hot toys figure because of the price, and Sideshow is better because its "cheaper". well yes Sideshow IS cheaper, but look at the kind of product they pump out.

I swear to God my Takara batman and cat woman is EXACTLY like what you saw in the prototype pics. So is my Hot Toys Predator figures, and my Medicom Superman. ALL of the are exactly like the prototype images.

IMO, you get what you pay for!

If SS insists on showing "customized" prototypes on their pre-order page than they need to explicitly state that as such. In fact, I don't understand why they follow through with the hand-crafted paint apps at the production stage because the product they are selling does not resemble the product that was advertized. This is called "bait-and-switch."

Whoever made the comment about looking at the figure as a portrayal of the character instead of the actor I have to disagree. It becomes a cartoon charicature and not a likeness of the charcter or the actor portraying them. I want my Obi-Wan to look just like Ewan McGregor down to the paint apps on his beard and ginger highlights in his hair. The prototype on display at Comic Con was DEAD-ON and now what we get pales in comparison. I'm upset. I really thought Sideshow was the shiznit until I started receiving my figures and realizing I was getting products that fell considerably short of expectations and what was advertised. This is just wrong. I'll reluctantly keep my Kenobi but Mace is going back (still waiting to hear from Amy and it has been 4 days now).

And pouring salt on the open wound was what Sideshow did when they showed their "custom" painted Anakin on their blog. That was their way of saying "yeah, we screwed up on the paint job so here is how you can customize your own if only you have the skill and talent like we do."

JediTricks
09-09-2006, 05:05 PM
IMO im relived that these in hand photos show Obi in a much better light than Sideshow's photos did! This is the one figure that got me started on this line and other 1/6 figures so I had quite high expectations. not to mention im a huge obi fan. I think he came out pretty good and from these pictures im quite happy. Definitely not the SDCC prototype, but he makes Han look like a schoolgirl. whew.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j306/Wor-Gar/Obimore3.jpg
Oh man, my heart totally just sank, those paint apps on the hair are WAY low-rent, especially the gray aspects.

Oh, and Han's bolero jacket from Sideshow makes him look like a schoolgirl. :p

If SS insists on showing "customized" prototypes on their pre-order page than they need to explicitly state that as such.You mean like the big red "PROTOTYPE SHOWN" under the main title for the figure and in every full-sized photo, like so: http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=search&item=2105&type=store
? :p (granted, that'll change soon as the Qui-Gon pics are going to update any day, but it says it right there near the top of the listing and on each photo, they're not hiding that these are hand-painted prototype images.

In fact, I don't understand why they follow through with the hand-crafted paint apps at the production stage because the product they are selling does not resemble the product that was advertized. This is called "bait-and-switch."It would be prohibitively expensive to hand-paint them all with that same quality, pretty much everybody does this from Hasbro to Ford cars, they advertise with what they have and try their best to live up to it, but ultimately that's why they have disclaimers on packaging about final product being different from what may be shown.

And pouring salt on the open wound was what Sideshow did when they showed their "custom" painted Anakin on their blog. That was their way of saying "yeah, we screwed up on the paint job so here is how you can customize your own if only you have the skill and talent like we do."I didn't see that blog post, could you elaborate please?

I swear to God my Takara batman and cat woman is EXACTLY like what you saw in the prototype pics. So is my Hot Toys Predator figures, and my Medicom Superman. ALL of the are exactly like the prototype images.

IMO, you get what you pay for!True enough, but I've had bad luck with imports, a lot are more fragile than expected and some come broken, you can't return imports for a replacement. As for Medicom, maybe if they had any idea of what scale meant instead of making tiny Vader figures I'd be more into it, great product but almost 1:7th scale instead of 1:6th.

decadentdave
09-10-2006, 12:49 AM
You mean like the big red "PROTOTYPE SHOWN" under the main title for the figure and in every full-sized photo, like so: http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=search&item=2105&type=store
? :p (granted, that'll change soon as the Qui-Gon pics are going to update any day, but it says it right there near the top of the listing and on each photo, they're not hiding that these are hand-painted prototype images.
Yeah, you are right. Funny, I guess I never paid that close attention because I am always hurrying to place my order before the exclusive editions sell out so I just glanced at the photo and said "yup, looks just like him!" OK, so "Prototype Shown" but that's still no excuse to radically short change the customer with a finalized product that does not live up to high quality standards and expectations they are setting with their prototype images that are examples of the best work we know they are "capable" of outputting.

It would be prohibitively expensive to hand-paint them all with that same quality, pretty much everybody does this from Hasbro to Ford cars, they advertise with what they have and try their best to live up to it, but ultimately that's why they have disclaimers on packaging about final product being different from what may be shown. It really does come down to Quality Control and Sideshow needs to make a better effort towards delivering a final product that will meet those high expectations for quality.

I didn't see that blog post, could you elaborate please?
Go to the Production Blog page and scroll down and you will see images of a fantastic custom painted Anakin by Adam Hughes that excels far beyond the paint aps delivered on their final product figure. What kind of impression are they trying to make here by saying that their work isn't authentic enough but customizers like Adam Hughes can improve upon our mediocre products? I think Sideshow needs to raise the bar here. Hot Toys makes wonderful 1:6 scale figures and the higher prices are definitely worth it. I 'm not complaining when it comes to my Terminator Kyle Reese, Aliens Hicks, Robocop or Rambo figures. I know that the photos I see are exactly the figure I am going to receive and none of their products have disappointed me yet.

nash
09-10-2006, 02:43 AM
I think Sideshow needs to raise the bar here. Hot Toys makes wonderful 1:6 scale figures and the higher prices are definitely worth it. I 'm not complaining when it comes to my Terminator Kyle Reese, Aliens Hicks, Robocop or Rambo figures. I know that the photos I see are exactly the figure I am going to receive and none of their products have disappointed me yet.

Exactly my point. No Hot Toys , Takara, or Medicom figure that I have gotten has dissapointed me. They all turn out just like the prototype shots, no shoddy paint jobs or huge eye brows. Im not bashing SSC, just stating the facts. I appreciate SSC for what they are, but come on, for $60+ a figure they need to do better.

And saying that you cant return imports, thats not true at all. Depending who you buy from. Buy it from somewhere with a return policy.

JediTricks
09-10-2006, 04:00 PM
Yeah, you are right. Funny, I guess I never paid that close attention because I am always hurrying to place my order before the exclusive editions sell out so I just glanced at the photo and said "yup, looks just like him!" Odd, when I do priority preorders I generally have to order without seeing the figure at all, the pics don't load as fast as the preorder page, so I preorder based mainly on the preview pic and hopes, then I see the pics after I'm sure my order went through, then I notice how far off Mat Falls' sculpting is. ;)

OK, so "Prototype Shown" but that's still no excuse to radically short change the customer with a finalized product that does not live up to high quality standards and expectations they are setting with their prototype images that are examples of the best work we know they are "capable" of outputting.

It really does come down to Quality Control and Sideshow needs to make a better effort towards delivering a final product that will meet those high expectations for quality.They do have a commitment to quality that they should be better living up to, but look at what they say about it in their faq:

Q: I am unhappy with the paint deco on my figure! Why do I need to pay $50 for this? A: The quick answer is that you do not. Our 30-Day Product Guarantee protects you in case you are not happy with the final look of your item. Just contact us and return the item within 30 days of receipt and we will make sure that you receive a refund! Our production team strives to make sure our final items match the prototypes as closely as possible, however all of our products are still constructed, painted, dressed and packed by hand. We want to make sure that you are proud to add our items to your collection and if not, we will take them back and return your money!
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?page_id=1593#01.05
You and I both know Hasbro doesn't do that, they don't give you your money back if you're not happy with their finished products, even the pricey ones.

I'm not trying to defend SSC's quality, I've got gripes just as you do, but I feel the discussion on it should be how to get them to do a better job replicating the quality of the prototype, not how they're screwing collectors out of their money.

Go to the Production Blog page and scroll down and you will see images of a fantastic custom painted Anakin by Adam Hughes that excels far beyond the paint aps delivered on their final product figure. What kind of impression are they trying to make here by saying that their work isn't authentic enough but customizers like Adam Hughes can improve upon our mediocre products?What, a 21-year veteran comic artist made a marginally-better paintjob on Sideshow's figure than a Chinese factory laborer? The deuce, you say! :p They're just excited to have that guy working with them, and he happened to have customized one of their pieces, it's not like they're rubbing our faces in how the average joe schmo would have done a better job.

I think Sideshow needs to raise the bar here. Hot Toys makes wonderful 1:6 scale figures and the higher prices are definitely worth it. I 'm not complaining when it comes to my Terminator Kyle Reese, Aliens Hicks, Robocop or Rambo figures. I know that the photos I see are exactly the figure I am going to receive and none of their products have disappointed me yet.Sideshow does need to better live up to their protos, but Hot Toys' products are nearly double the price of Sideshow's Star Wars figures, and they're probably not forking over nearly as much licensing coin as Lucas products charge. I feel like Sideshow's product already feels too expensive, raising the price for a marginal raise in quality doesn't seem like a decent trade off, plus it'll mean less overall sales for each piece which would further raise the price or lower the quality.

And saying that you cant return imports, thats not true at all. Depending who you buy from. Buy it from somewhere with a return policy.I don't know of any importer in my area - which has a LOT of them - with a viable return policy, and even if there was one the chances are good they've run out of them and can only refund me, not replace the item.

Jayspawn
09-11-2006, 11:51 AM
My Exclusive Obi-Wan should be showing in the next few days, cant wait to get him! Even though he's the Exclusive, I'm still gonna open him.

JEDIpartner
09-11-2006, 12:16 PM
Mine is scheduled to arrive on the 14th!! :)

decadentdave
09-11-2006, 12:23 PM
My Obi-Wan arrives Wednesday and I'm getting him for free because of technical difficulties with processing my orders on Sideshow's part. Actually this is the 3rd figure I've gotten free of charge. I also got my Anakin and X-Files Black Oil Krycek from them for free. Plus my Comic Con Sith Apprentice Vader that I won should be here anytime so that's the fourth freebie I've gotten from them. :thumbsup:

JEDIpartner
09-11-2006, 12:28 PM
Maybe someone should tell them how you're soaking them so they'll stop that immediately. ;)

decadentdave
09-11-2006, 12:42 PM
Actually I spoke to their IT lady and she said that when they were having server issues that my orders and account were exposed and not secured and my information could have been hijacked so for the inconvenience on their part they offered to give me the affected orders free of charge. I wasn't happy about how I got them but I'm not going to complain because they are free.

JEDIpartner
09-11-2006, 01:00 PM
No need to defend, mate. I was just talking bollocks at you!! :)

JediTricks
09-11-2006, 06:12 PM
My Obi-Wan is in my mailbox place now.

Darth Cruel
09-11-2006, 10:29 PM
Mine is in my grubby little mitt as I post this. it is about time!

JEDIpartner
09-12-2006, 03:10 PM
Whee!!!!! Just two more days for me!!!

wampaslayr
09-12-2006, 03:22 PM
I finally received my SS Obi-Wan Kenobi figure yesterday. Overall, I am pleased with it, but not blown away. Sideshow loses points on the hair because it is definitely too dark. The facial sculpt is pretty good and the outfit is okay. I guess I can't complain too much since Hasbro never made a 12" ROTS Obi and this is the only 12" ROTS version of this character we have right now.

Tycho
09-12-2006, 05:47 PM
I just got my SSE Obi-Wan less than an hour ago! Whoo-hoo! This is the 12" figure I've been waiting since 2005 for!

That being said, I opened him up immediately!

Overall I love him, but the complaints register in my mind first:

His hair is too dark, but well sculpted.

His binoculars fit nowhere in or on his utility belt - so I had to leave them in the package. (When did he ever use binoculars like these anyway?)

His white over-tunic is highly shredable. I spent considerable moments using a tiny nail scissors to carefully cut off the fringes that the white tunic had protruding all over. I was careful and successful in my endeavor, but still, good quality control should have made it unnecessary.

I needed to readjust his pants leggings so they weren't ballooning above his boots.

Both his and Anakin's lightsabers are very light blue. Hasbro did them more movie accurate and darker in hue so they looked blue, not pale turquoiz.

The good outweighs the bad though:

Perfect sculpt and great SS articulation.

Overall nice outfit and correctly colored cloak.

A complete set of accessories (except for a pilot headset).

It's Obi-Wan!

I can't wait to get my regular version of him - I ordered 2 of this figure (one vs. Ani and one vs. Grievous (Hasbro). I can't wait until I have the other one as well. I kept the exclusive Grievous' blaster out of the package eagerly anticipating discovery of whether Hasbro's General can hold on to it.

JediTricks
09-12-2006, 06:33 PM
The movie lightsaber blades are mostly white with a colored shroud around them showing only from the sides, I think light blue is more accurate than Hasbro's work - the only time they ever got that right was the glow-in-the-dark saber accessory for the McQuarrie Stormtrooper, that thing really looks like a lightsaber blade (except at the flare and tip).

Blue2th
09-12-2006, 07:10 PM
Just received my Exclusive Obi-Wan today. I could tell by the damage on the shipping box that the inside box was crushed. Sure enough it was. I just sent a scathing letter to SS customer service. Something about going through all the trouble of the nail-biting experience of the Priority Pre-order, and Sideshow creating a beautiful product with beautiful box, only to have a sub-standard packing box, handed over to the shipping monkeys to get damaged. "WHY?!!! This just totally ****ES me off!!!:upset:

JediTricks
09-13-2006, 01:09 AM
I picked up my box today, sure enough the outer carton was dented and bashed, this is EXACTLY why I hate UPS, FedEx is far more careful with my packages and my previous figures, which not surprisingly all came FedEx (strangely, my emails for Obi-Wan from Sideshow claimed it was sent FedEx but it was definitely UPS).

I have other problems with my set, I'm going to start a new thread asking for advice, but it's frustrating because this is my favorite figure in the line so far (I didn't say it was perfect :p).

decadentdave
09-13-2006, 01:15 AM
Finally got a response from Sideshow about my Mace. They are sending me a new box but if I want my broken lightsaber fixed I have to send it back to them and they will ship me a replacement. Fair enough. At least their Customer Service is as awesome as everyone has said. As for Obi-Wan, I'm disappointed with the paint color on his hair. It's as dark as Anakin's. I'm not sending him back though. This is the figure I have been waiting months for but I'm terribly let down that it doesn't look like the model I saw in San Diego which was a dead ringer for Ewan McGregor. :sad:

Turbowars
09-13-2006, 01:16 AM
Damn I keep hearing about the boxes being crushed or dented. That sucks JT! From what I hear, SSC will send you a new box (Box only, LOL) without you sending yours back.

BTW UPS says they will be here tomorrow with my Obi.

JediTricks
09-13-2006, 01:30 AM
You'd think that living within 40 miles of Sideshow's warehouse, UPS could get it to me without putting it through the dryer or whatever they're doing to them, but those clumsy oxen in the LA area apparently can't take 2 steps without drop-kicking the packages.

Yeah, but unfortunately mine has parts issues too so a replacement box may as well surround a replacement figure. :ermm: In for a penny, in for a pound I guess (I'm not sure if I'm in at all :p).

Tycho
09-13-2006, 02:38 AM
You guys are right:

The figure is representative of Obi-Wan Kenobi, but it does not look exactly like Ewan McGreggor as their display example at Comic Con and all the product photographs do.

I think this may be mold or material degradation that occurs in mass production versus the hand-crafting that went into their display product. I don't know. I'd say a similar thing happened with Han Solo.

Anakin's about where he should be I think.

But to get a ROTS Obi-Wan was why I even bothered buying some SideShow figures in the first place.

He's still my favorite one I bought, but that's not saying as much as I thought it would be. In fact, because I can make Anakin look "evil" with his hood up and his features obscured by shadows "of the Dark Side," I may have more fun with him.

I don't know. I just don't know. But I'm glad I'm not "collecting" all of these.

I suspect I can do without plenty of them.

As to future Jedi? I bet they make in short order:

Aayla Secura
SaeSee Tiin
Agen Kolar
Stass Allie

These I'd buy.

I really want Princess Leia in her red Bespin gown. I just thought of an awesome set of accessories she could come with: C-3PO's parts in that storage box Chewie brings them in! Leia didn't have much use for accessories in that outfit, so this would be perfect!

Luuuuuuke
09-13-2006, 11:19 AM
In fact, because I can make Anakin look "evil" with his hood up and his features obscured by shadows "of the Dark Side," I may have more fun with him.

You're exactly right. That's the solution to the Sith Apprentice Anakin not looking evil enough problem. I turn his head and cover it with the hood so that part of of his face, and even one eye is kind of obscured. Looks great.

As for the others, I only ordered Obi Wan(I'm on waitlist for the regular one) and Darth Maul Inclusive. I'm passing on everything else unless they ever made a really cool looking clone trooper.

Jayspawn
09-13-2006, 12:58 PM
FedEx dropped off Mace Windu this morning! Woohoo! hes a great figure. The look is a tad off (Hasbro got it better I think) but the figure itself makes up for it. I really dig the extra lightsaber hilts. He's the BMF!

2 days to wait until Obi-Wan shows up! HEHE!:D

Jayspawn
09-15-2006, 09:14 PM
Recieved the Exclusive 12" Obi-Wan today! hes still in the box for now -debating wether or not to open him (probably will). Looks great!

Tycho
09-15-2006, 09:19 PM
If you open him, he'll become more powerful than you could possibly imagine!

But you'll also have fun. Except for the tape on the inner plastic trays and the clear plastic head wrap strip they put in there for reasons I can't phathom, SideShow figures can be "resealed" to look good as new. (There's no tape on the outer cardboard).

So enjoy if you will. I forsee that he will become a great Jedi Knight.

AmanaMatt
09-16-2006, 09:52 PM
While the paint apps are too dark, the sculpt of Ewan does show through - this is still a very nice fig overall.

I wanted a masterpiece in the paint dept, but overall, a very good figure! One of my fav thus far and it comes with a semi decent exclusive too.

Tycho
09-16-2006, 10:24 PM
I just brought home Hasbro's 12" General Grievous to fight my 2nd Obi-Wan (should be arriving in a few days - I ordered it through a resaler after I ordered my SSE from SideShow directly).

I'll see how the 'ol General stands up to SideShow.

SS had previously stated that they wouldn't be doing Grievous because their niche is reusing the same humanoid bodies and Grievous is a singular sculpt. Even battledroids can be repainted "security, pilot, commander, Geonosis duty, etc."

JediTricks
09-17-2006, 03:39 AM
I thought they said they wouldn't be doing him immediately, but maybe for the future. Since then, they've given us Anakin's robo-arm, Jabba the Hutt, Jabba's Dais, and the Salacious Crumb creature pack, so I think they're showing more faith in the line already, doing stuff beyond just "new head, new clothes, old body".

Hasbro Grievous is too short and too poorly articulated, it's a sad state of affairs, but it's all we got.

Tycho
09-17-2006, 11:33 AM
Now that I've opened Hasbro's Grievous, I really like him. I'm using the small clear-bands that come with 3 3/4" figures to hold his lightsabers in his 3 hands (the SSE Obi-Wan's blaster is in his fourth grip, also secured by clear band). I really appreciate the pattern detail on his cape as well. (I'm leaving that on even though he shrugged it off before the Obi-Wan fight in the movie).

But while he may be too short for the character, he is 12" or thereabouts and doesn't appear stunted next to SS Obi-Wan. I can't wait for my 2nd SS Obi-Wan to arrive because my SSE is busy fighting Anakin.

But anyway, I'm really happy with Hasbro's Grievous.

Jayspawn
09-17-2006, 11:59 AM
Opened up the Exclusive Obi-Wan. Great figure! I think he's my favorite so far, I was big on Obi-Wan from ROTS anyways. Dont have any problems with mine at all! The sculpting on his hair and beard is incredible! I'm looking forward to Sideshow making ANH, AOTC, and ANH Obi-Wan down the road. I can only imagine what SS's Alec sculpt would look like on a 12" figure.

AmanaMatt
09-17-2006, 08:59 PM
While I passed on all things Grievous in the 1:4 or Hasbro 12" line, I would be willing to pay good money for a correctly scaled 1:6 General from Sideshow - it would need to come with the cape.

Originally Sideshow said 'no way' to this guy in 1:6 scale, but something tells me that this line's popularity has changed their tune!

Blue2th
09-17-2006, 10:29 PM
I'd pay the extra amount of $$ I'm sure a Sideshow Grievous would be.:thumbsup:

decadentdave
09-18-2006, 09:53 PM
Now this is how Sideshow's Obi-Wan SHOULD HAVE looked out of the box! Custom painted by Customikey at Sideshow Freaks:

Tycho
09-18-2006, 10:36 PM
Dave, those pictures show Obi-Wan as perfect! That's Ewan McGreggor!

That's what I tried to pay for. T-r-i-e-d.

I failed Master Yoda. I "did," but "did not," thus it wasn't even "a try."

dr_evazan22
09-18-2006, 10:49 PM
Just opened up my Obi. This is the 1st one that I have any reservations about. Overall, I think he looks pretty good, but the costume wasn't put on all that well and there are strings hanging from an exposed unfinshed seam. Will also need to wrestle with the lowest level robe to center it. The right arm was backwards (elbow facing forward). The utility belt feels loose, and it doesn't hold the macrobinocs or the aqua-breather.

Was reading over the bio for Obi... My guess for the next Jedi hero would be Agen Kolar - that would complete the line-up of Jedi that went to arrest Palps, who, hopefully, would be the next Sith.

I hope the things I don't like about my Obi are unique to mine, and that you all don't have these troubles.

Tycho
09-19-2006, 02:28 AM
I hope the things I don't like about my Obi are unique to mine, and that you all don't have these troubles.

No such luck.

Overall, I think he looks pretty good, but the costume wasn't put on all that well and there are strings hanging from an exposed unfinshed seam.

Ditto.

Will also need to wrestle with the lowest level robe to center it.

You mean his inner tunic? Ditto then.

The right arm was backwards (elbow facing forward).

That's nothing. Just sloppy packing by a line worker that doesn't really care, who's contracted work overseas for SideShow, nothing else - unless these things are American-made. Then it's still an apathetic employee. Who knows? If one of us had the job, we might get sick of packing every Obi-Wan with his elbow joint readjusted after we "dressed him" too. At the end of the day, it's probably not a very high paycheck - and even if it was - it's a redundant, tedious job and many of us would rather even be a rent-a-cop instead.

The utility belt feels loose, and it doesn't hold the macrobinocs or the aqua-breather.

You're right about the macrobinoculars (and when were these ever shown in ANY movie?) but I put my aqua breather in his belt's largest compartment, and sticking out a little at that - but you can barely notice. If a flash flood ever hits San Diego, I'll at least know my Obi-Wan figure won't drown!

Was reading over the bio for Obi... My guess for the next Jedi hero would be Agen Kolar - that would complete the line-up of Jedi that went to arrest Palps, who, hopefully, would be the next Sith.

You're forgetting SaeSee Tiin. I hope they make him with the darker face. I hated that white "pasty-face" that he sported during ROTS. His appearances in TPM and AOTC were much better.

I too hope they make Palpatine in his red outfit from the Mace Windu duel.

jonthejedi
09-19-2006, 05:35 AM
Just received my 12" Obi yesterday pm, and I have to agree with some of the reviews: problems with costume, pouches are loose, but the big thing is the paint ap. I love the sculpt, but the eyebrows, hair & beard are TOO DARK. The eyes are so bloodshot, you can't even see the whites. I love the sculpt itself, and the lightsaber detail is awesome. I placed it on the top shelf of my Ikea glass cabinet doing the Battle of The Heroes(segue to JW music!) thing with Anakin. The light does help lighten the head a bit, but of late, I feel quality control is slipping. They're almost turning into big McFarlane clothed figs. you're afraid to handle & pose too much.

JediTricks
09-19-2006, 04:18 PM
That's a nice repaintjob, needs a little more subtlety in the hair but they showed Sideshow what's what.

Jon, you're right, these are turning into McFarlane-style issues, I hate to see that, we should probably make a real effort to contact them over this, do something rather than not.

Doesn't Obi-Wan use the binocs on Geonosis in AOTC? I know the Hasbro Ep 2 Obi-Wan Pilot figure (4") had this accessory.

COMMANDERCODY2795
09-22-2006, 08:44 AM
The jango head with mace looks like its been choped off a hasbro jango. coincedence? i think not.

decadentdave
09-22-2006, 01:27 PM
The helmet for the Hasbro Ultimate Jango is hollow, made of a denser plastic, and the range-finder moves. The Sideshow one is just a piece of molded vinyl and the range-finder doesn't move and warps easily. For once, Hasbro made something better than Sideshow.

COMMANDERCODY2795
09-22-2006, 07:32 PM
i know that, im just saying it looks like it got cut of a hasbro jango, and made oh a qaulity of plastic that should put sideshow to shame.

Luuuuuuke
09-26-2006, 11:33 PM
I'm getting Obi Wan from an online retailer on Thursday, for a really good price too. I actually ordered it from this place as insurance in case my waitlist order from Sideshow didn't go through. Looks like I'm going to be canceling my Sideshow order.

RooJay
09-28-2006, 02:33 AM
Hey has anyone else still not got their Mace Windu? I ordered mine on the first day just like eveyone else but I still haven't received him. My Obi-Wan showed up right on schedule, though. I've been checking my order status frequently, but it still says order shipping soon (the status on my Obi-Wan order has been long updated to say order shipped.) Just wondering if anyone else is still waiting or if anyone has any insights. I'm going to be dropping them a line tonight to ask what the hold up is.

Darth Cruel
09-28-2006, 06:27 PM
Odd, when I do priority preorders I generally have to order without seeing the figure at all, the pics don't load as fast as the preorder page, so I preorder based mainly on the preview pic and hopes, then I see the pics after I'm sure my order went through, then I notice how far off Mat Falls' sculpting is.

The photo gallery will load and give you a chance to look at it before you order. But Maybe you are like me. When I order them, I am in an extreme panic that I may miss out on the item so I look at the pics AFTER I order. But the pics at that time are ALL prototype pics anyway. The production pics usually show up around the time they ship to Sideshow's wherehouse. And that is still plenty of time to check it (IF they post production photos...they do not always) and cancel the order. But if Sideshow is telling the truth about all of them being hand painted, then there will be no two identicle and some people may get a better likeness. This inspires me to start a new thread.

Luuuuuuke
09-28-2006, 11:36 PM
I just got my Obi Wan. Looks cool. No complaints, really. One corner of the box was dinged up but I don't really care. I got it from an online retailer for a cheaper than Sideshow, and I just canceled my Sideshow waitlist order. Now I'm just waiting for Maul.

JediTricks
09-29-2006, 08:27 PM
The photo gallery will load and give you a chance to look at it before you order. But Maybe you are like me. When I order them, I am in an extreme panic that I may miss out on the item so I look at the pics AFTER I order.That is part of it, but the gallery is also slow as hell usually and getting back to the preorder form takes too long - I can cancel a preorder, but I can't go back in time and order it if I missed out.

tagmac
02-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Well, I had put myself on a wait list for the Obi-Wan, figuring it to be too late to have a realistic chance of getting one. But, since Hasbro never made a 12" ROTS version, I figured, why not try it for laughs. Well, I now am the proud owner of a Sideshow Obi-Wan. The funny thing is, they never contacted me about. I happened to be checking my credit statmeent two weeks ago, noticed a charge from Sideshow, and checked to see that Obi was getting ready to ship.

The figure looks pretty good, with my only complaint being that the belt was a bit twisted (leading me to believe this was a returned figure that was sent out to wait listers), but I managed to fix it somewhat, after carefully taking it out of the box (have yet to actually open up my Bespin Han yet). The lightsaber was not warped though, which was my main concern. Can't wait to see what it looks like with the robe, but that may be a while. I ended up putting it back in the box, until I actually have the time to set both of these figs up, and have a good place to display them.

I skipped Maul & Anakin when the second chances came out after hearing the complaints about warped sabers and clothing issues (not to mention the price for these figs). So I'll likely be sticking with these two figures, barring the release of a Chewbacca figure with real fur that could blow all of the Hasbro versions out of the water.

Tycho
02-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Congrats on Obi-Wan, Tagmac.

My opinion, he's the best SideShow's offered!

JediTricks
02-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Ditto on both the congrats and the "best of the line".

Tag, you might wanna check your spambox, they send out like 5 emails any time an item ships - pre-auth notice, 2nd pre-auth notice, ship notice, tracking notice, second tracking notice from a 3rd-party.

tagmac
02-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Thanks guys! I have to disagree, in that I think Han is the best, but once I actually opemn and pose them someday, I may be more inclind to agree with you.

Jeditricks, I check my spambox every day and found nothing. Either the title of the e-mail was misleading, or someone made an error (in my favor, lol). All other e-mails from Sideshow show up in my inbox. It's no biggie, obviously. I was just curious.

Tycho
02-10-2007, 11:04 AM
LOL - Han is the worst. Trust me. I opened mine (though my magnetic Mynock is on my refrigerator).

They use the same body for most 12" figures of course (with new headsculpts).

Han's clothing must be created in the worst proportions, as it just looks funny on him. I think it's really too small for the figure and scrunches in, making it apparent where he's articulated as an action figure wearing clothes would be, rather than a real person like what Obi-Wan exemplifies with his slightly larger and looser clothing.

I was very sorry Han was flawed as I bought this because he is also a terrible figure in the Hasbro collection as well - moreso for his face sculpt from Hasbro.

I wonder if anyone has tried to put some of the Hasbro clothes on the SideShow figure? Certainly other stuff like the SideShow gunbelt is better. But something's got to be done about Han's clothes.

JediTricks
02-10-2007, 03:26 PM
Yeah, Han is undoubtedly the worst thing I've ever bought from SSC, the head sculpt is off, it's got those chubby cheeks, the pants are styled too high, and the jacket is styled too high and too tight like a ladies' bolero jacket.