PDA

View Full Version : AOTC arena scene on A&E

2-1B
01-27-2002, 10:19 PM
What did you think of the bluescreen footage?
I thought it was a nice tease . . . confirming some spoiler dialogue when Ewan mutters, "Good job".

I know some people are displeased with Hayden Christensen as a "pretty boy", but I'm really anticipating his performance. I find his demeanor to be much more than that of the average teen hearthrob. Intriguing . . .

THE Slayer
01-27-2002, 10:27 PM
Yeah I saw it. I assume that Anakin's captors are going to be blue screened in later, the way he just walked up to the colum and put his cuffed hands above his head. It just looked funny in my opinion.

2-1B
01-27-2002, 10:32 PM
Slayer, I watched that part again and noticed that a person with his/her arms covered in blue was "tying" Padme to the pole. :)

THE Slayer
01-27-2002, 10:36 PM
Yeah I noticed that too, But why would anakin tie himself to the pole, unless that wasn't an actual take? just a run through for lighting etc. I assumed since there were blue arms around padme, there would have been blue people around anakin.. I'm just so confused!!!

2-1B
01-27-2002, 10:42 PM
Oh, I see what you mean. I guess I just assumed that I missed the blue arms around Anakin . . . now I'm not certain myself. :crazed:

Lord Tenebrous
01-27-2002, 11:03 PM
I didn't see it tonight, but I saw that particular segment already (TFN had it up). It's very nice, especially since it shifts the view of the scene from sarcastic to serious. I think the editing is a little better here than in the Mystery trailer.

For those of you who are still scratching their heads...

InsaneJediGirl
01-28-2002, 01:47 PM
I thought it was a good scene.I saw the blue hands by Padme,though..I dont know what they were exactly doing.

I didnt see any people when Mace was doing his scene.Though it was interesting..probably teaching Padawans about the Force methinks.

JetsAndHeels
01-28-2002, 02:01 PM
He was probably rehearsing some moves for the battle scene.
It looked like Lucas was guiding him through some fighting maneuvers.

derek
01-28-2002, 04:14 PM
in the scene in the arena where mace is squated and has his hand out he is using the force to calm the charging reek.

Queen Katharine Leah
01-29-2002, 07:29 PM
I really enjoyed the A&E special, and loved when they had the quick AOTC shots. "Good job!" Anything to rev' the anticipation of the movie. 3 1/2 months. WOW!!!

Derek-- you posted to me 11 days ago, and this is my first chance to say "HI" back. I'd love to say that I'm working 100 hours a week to have enough money saved up for April 23, but I'm not. The Radio biz has been especially cruel during the downturn in the economy. To paraphrase Yoda, "Fear leads to recession. Recession leads to advertising slump. Advertising slump leads to layoffs." I was furloughed with 30 others in the first of several waves of layoffs at my job. They rehired me to do several other freelance/fill-in gigs, but at a dramatically lower pay. I have been doing PR for a fine company, which has included 3 live stints on CNN, but the pay isn't what it was originally with the radio station. I am gripping with how to pay for the swarm of AOTC goods, where I once spent carefree on Star Wars toys. Its difficult. fhs Crap, this is starting to sound like Tales of a Star Wars junkie... Maybe that should be a new thread... All the same, thanks for asking! I hope all is well your way!

QKL

derek
01-29-2002, 11:24 PM
queen katharine,

sorry to hear about your work woes.
when you say "live" at cnn, does that mean you were on TV?
if so, tell judy woodruff to eat something.:crazed:

SithDroid
01-30-2002, 02:21 AM
I rather enjoyed the whole A & E special on GL. The bluescreen stuff shown (the arena stuff) is no different than what we saw in one of the SW trailers already (some of it anyway only with the CGI).

Queen Katharine Leah
01-30-2002, 07:33 PM
She won't have a chance. (Didn't you hear that Connie Chung is coming?)

I was on the CNN morning show with Colleen and Carol, and later on CNN Headline News with the NYPD Blue actress Andrea Thompson. Apparently 3 people saw me, not including my Mom, as the Atlanta Journal Constitution reported today that Fox News is kicking the crap out of CNN. OH WELL!

:eek:

derek
01-30-2002, 10:33 PM
QKL,

i'm curious, what were you on tv for, as a commentator or something like that?

the funny thing about fox news is that even though they are beating cnn and msnbc in the ratings, they are only breaking even. connie chung hasn't a prayer against bill o'reilly.

(and to keep jedi clint happy) i sure liked that footage in the A&E biography regarding episode 2. i saw anakin!:crazed:

Jedi Clint
01-31-2002, 12:18 AM
I appreciate the sentiment Derek. It is straying a bit off topic. Perhaps private messaging would better accomodate your discussion with QKL. Just a suggestion :)

Tycho
01-31-2002, 12:20 AM
To Queen Katherine Leah: I know what you mean about spending on Star Wars. I build model dioramas and think I could wind up spending too much on the product I've identified as 'confirmed' and coming out. I'm trying to establish myself in my career now just so I can afford my first home that I will put it all into.

To Ceasar: That was a rehersal scene for Episode Three: Attack of the Blue People. ;)

2-1B
01-31-2002, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Tycho
To Ceasar: That was a rehersal scene for Episode Three: Attack of the Blue People. ;)

Interesting . . . am I too presume the Blue People live in a blue screen environment? It would make for a cool/easy planet/set design, and GL could save costs as well ! :)

SithDroid
02-01-2002, 12:05 AM
The Blue Man Group is in AOTC. Cool!!!!!:D :crazed:

2-1B
03-09-2002, 04:31 PM
I watched the GL Biography episode again, and this time I noticed that in fact there are blue arms tying up Anakin. But the angle is from behind the pole, under his wrists, whereas Padme's blue guy is tying her arms from the front :)

Jargo
03-09-2002, 04:49 PM
Wouldn't that be a camera thing, so you can see hayden - the star - clearly and his face doesn't get obscured or hidden or blotted out or... And with padme they don't care cuz she's just a wench in the background of the shot heaving her bussooooooms.

If the blue people had been in front of Anakin they might have obscured padmes heaving bussooooooms. :stupid: just a thought.

2-1B
03-09-2002, 04:55 PM
"heaving bussooooooms" ? ? ? That's funny :)

Good point E-Jargo, that makes perfect sense. During that scene Hayden and Ewan are exchanging dialogue, so hopefully they wouldn't want a Geonosian's wings getting in the way of the action.

Then again, they let a Ronto get in the way of the camera for ANH SE, so . . . :eek:

Jargo
03-09-2002, 09:00 PM
True. Every time I see that Ronto, in my head I'm shouting "C'mon - shift yer bleedin' arse!" :D

"We came to rescue you"

"Good job, these blue people are blocking my view of the fighting.. I've seventeen hundred credits on the big crab to win......" :crazed:

2-1B
03-11-2002, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by SithDroid
The Blue Man Group is in AOTC. Cool!!!!!:D :crazed:

No, but they were in the intro to tonight's Simpsons episode :D