PDA

View Full Version : Snakes on a Plane.

scruffziller
08-10-2006, 03:02 PM
Believe it or not I am psyched up for this movie. With so much fluff floating around the film industry, we need something so ridiculous in concept of originality to save the day at the movie theatre. I think Snakes On A Mo'Fo' Plane is just insane enough to work!!:thumbsup:

DarthQuack
08-10-2006, 03:32 PM
It does look pretty fun, especially with all the hype it's getting for a supposedly B movie.

General_Grievous
08-10-2006, 03:38 PM
I want to see it because of how awesomely bad it sounds. The internet hype surrounding this is overwhelming. But hey, I'll be there to hear Sam Jackson say
| |
V V

Rocketboy
08-10-2006, 03:46 PM
Looks so bad it's got to be good.

Besides, anything with Sam Jackson is worth watching.

Kidhuman
08-10-2006, 05:01 PM
I aint paying to see it in the movies, but will await the DVD release of it.

JediTricks
08-10-2006, 05:40 PM
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!! http://snakesonaplane.varitalk.com/

General_Grievous
08-10-2006, 10:31 PM
Except for "The Man". And "XXX 2". And "Deep Blue Sea". And "SWAT". :D Anyway, I just saw on imdb that Sam's character is named Nelville Flynn. Only Mr. Jackson can play a bad@$$ whose name is Nelville Flynn. Maybe they can get Chuck Norris to play Eugene Butterball in the sequel "Alligators on a Blimp". :p

El Chuxter
08-10-2006, 10:53 PM

Except for "The Man". And "XXX 2". And "Deep Blue Sea". And "SWAT".

And Revenge of the Sith. :cross-eye

Rocketboy
08-11-2006, 09:31 AM
Except for "The Man". And "XXX 2". And "Deep Blue Sea". And "SWAT". :D Anyway, I just saw on imdb that Sam's character is named Nelville Flynn. Only Mr. Jackson can play a bad@$$ whose name is Nelville Flynn. Maybe they can get Chuck Norris to play Eugene Butterball in the sequel "Alligators on a Blimp". :pNever saw The Man or XXX2, but I like SWAT (fun, mindless action flick) and Deep Blue Sea was worth it for the death scene alone (and Dave Chappelle only made that better - "They ate me! A f**king shark ate me!").

scruffziller
08-12-2006, 10:40 AM
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!! http://snakesonaplane.varitalk.com/

There is NOT a word in any known language to describe how motherf***** cool that was!

I sent one of the messages to my bud Steve. But I set it up where it says take your boyfriend Lance.
It was a good laugh.

DarthQuack
08-12-2006, 12:48 PM
I just sent this to my brother, f-ing hilarious!!!

Kidhuman
08-12-2006, 02:28 PM
I have been sending them to members on the forums whoes numbers I have.

JimJamBonds
08-12-2006, 03:41 PM
I just got one from Caesar.... so I turned around and sent one to somebody I know.

Kidhuman
08-12-2006, 03:57 PM
I sent to Caesar, Mabs and Chux, also some other people. What I should do is get customers phone numbers from work and do it

2-1B
08-13-2006, 12:44 AM
I hadn't read this thread yet so I didn't know WTF was up with the "message" from KH...I was checking my messages at work thinking how the hell did he find someone who does such a great SLJ impression? lol lol lol

Then I read the thread and needless to say, I spammed just about everyone in my phone list. :D

El Chuxter
08-13-2006, 01:26 AM
I sent to Caesar, Mabs and Chux, also some other people. What I should do is get customers phone numbers from work and do it

I didn't get one from you, turkey. :mad:

Kidhuman
08-13-2006, 06:48 AM
I guess it didnt go through then. I will send it later on today.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-13-2006, 12:24 PM
Once you send one to a certain phone number, you cannot send another one. Samuel L. Jackson will even say so, that you have already called that number. So use it sparingly. And you also cannot use it to call after 10:00 p.m.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-19-2006, 09:35 PM
So, anyway, I saw this movie today . . . it was pretty good. Definitely not Oscar material or anything. Most of the snake action was pretty awesome, but in some cases the CGI was a little too obvious. It seemed like Julianna Margulies definitely didn't want to be there, which was annoying.

Overall I'd give it around a B- or C+.

JetsAndHeels
08-19-2006, 11:25 PM
I saw it tonight.

mabudonicus
08-20-2006, 08:39 AM
I saw it friday. It is pretty damn terrible, but really fun and silly. My only real complaint is that it was kinda obvious which parts of the movie were made originally to be a "serious" film, and the sheer ridiculousness of the more recent bits (filmed in March if I'm not mistaken, and who knows when a lot of the FX work was done but I got the impression that it,too,was done to make the film less "serious") makes a pretty sharp contrast.

I LOVED the fact that there was literally NO character development whatsoever, even Sam Jackson played Sam Jackson without dropping a single stray note, you didn't really know who he was (beyond his job), any sort of motivation or ANYTHING, he was just there to kill the snakes (which, I imagine is no spoiler, he most certainly does) and say some funny lines.

THAT would be my only other complaint, real one nayways, that Jackson didn't get to yell as much as I was hoping. Since he was playing Sam JAckson, he was REAL cool and mellow for most of the flick, and I was kinda hoping for a lot more good qutable stuff.

The snake action is pretty insane, it's gonna take a few viewings to sort out some of the more hectic sequences, there's bits with snakes flying around all over the place, spitting venom and whatnot.

Overall, the complete lack of any serious tone was really refreshing, despite the fact that it was CLEAR that at least some of the film seems to have been made earnestly, the stupidity of the thing overall defeated any notion of any sort of "lesson" or anything.

The beauty of it is, a franchise would be simple to concoct from this starting point, since the bar was set SO low, the same film could almost be re-cut and have some new dialogue added , mostly a lot of lines about how wild it is that the same thing could EVER happen again (and a few new death scenes I guess) and I would go and see it. I really hope there are a few more films where this one came from. It's not perfect, but it has a lot of potential; I stopped enjoying Action films sometime in the late 80's after Die Hard made it so that every action hero had to be some stupid jerk who is witty and tough and you're just supposed to like them cos they're SO much cooler than you. A reversal of that trend was too long coming, and I hope this is only the beginning (and I realize there were a few films in between that are in the same vein, but I never got the sense that they were being reviewed OR marketed to take advantage of that, like "deep blue sea")

OH and for any AYBABTU fans out there, there's a parody (dunno what else to call it but ya know what I mean) of it out there somewhere, All Your Snake Are Belong to US, I'm sure it's easy to find but I won't link it here since it has the expected strong language in it :beard:

darthvyn
08-20-2006, 09:18 AM
that's an awesome review, mabs...

my aunt works for the FAA, and she was contacted by a press agency with questions on what kind of regulations there were on animals on planes... she said "well, there's really no regulation in place aside from the airline's carry-on and checked baggage policies for animals, aside from assistance animals, which are protected under persons with disabilities act."

the guy asked "are snakes considered assistance animals?"

she answered "since i've never heard of a seeing-eye-snake, i don't think so."

Slicker
08-20-2006, 11:05 AM
So did you end wearing a suit with snakes all over it mabs?:D

I saw this movie last night and it's quite possibly the biggest pice of carp ever made...and I wanna see it again and again and again and again...

It was soooo bad that it was almost good. The main character (the white surfer) was the worst actor in HISTORY. He couldn't deliver his lines with any emotion and he didn't even open his mouth to enunciate his words (ala Anakin). The CG was horrible and most of the other characters were horrible too. Other than that though...

The co-pilot (Dan from Waiting) was crackin' me up through the whole thing. Sam Jackson was *** kickin'. And I'm glad that frumpy guy got it.

Review over...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-20-2006, 01:10 PM
My only real complaint is that it was kinda obvious which parts of the movie were made originally to be a "serious" film, and the sheer ridiculousness of the more recent bits (filmed in March if I'm not mistaken, and who knows when a lot of the FX work was done but I got the impression that it,too,was done to make the film less "serious") makes a pretty sharp contrast.
That's it . . . it seemed like the film didn't know HOW seriously to take itself in places. I mean, occasionally it seemed like they were trying to make it cheesy, and other times it seemed like it just happened without their intent. I wish that they had just re-filmed the whole thing with the campy feel to it, which would've made it even more fun.

Either way . . . I'm never going to the bathroom ever again. :dead:

General_Grievous
08-20-2006, 08:50 PM
I'm never going to the bathroom ever again. :dead:
Amen to that, brother. Anyway, this was a terrible movie. Horrible acting. Bad characters. But I enjoyed the hell out of it. I got exactly what I expected: cool death scenes, hot chicks and nudity, and Sam Jackson at his most badass. I laughed like hell at the cheesiness of it. Freakin' Champ from Anchorman was in it! This was a really fun movie. I'd see it again just for the chihuaua getting eaten by the python. :evil:

scruffziller
08-21-2006, 06:26 AM
This was a great goofy fun film that was GEAT!!!! It was rather original and a well thought out idea and well written. The progression of how the passengers survived and did things to survive was great. I loved how the body guard made the comment, "I got bit too"! :D

JON9000
08-21-2006, 02:37 PM
You don't set out to "make" a "cult" film. It just sort of happens. You certainly don't market a film as "cult". It completely ruins your underground cred.

It's like: "Oh, let's make a movie that'll appeal to people who read aintitcool everyday! We'll tell them we are making a movie for them and they'll love the attention they think they are finally getting!"

Stupid movie, stupid marketing.

Anaconda is more cult than SOAP.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-22-2006, 05:09 PM
saw this on one of my news sites and had to post it. pretty funny.

"Two live diamondback rattlesnakes were released in an Arizona movie theater during a showing of the new film "Snakes on a Plane," according to Local 6 News.

Authorities said pranksters released the young venomous rattlesnakes in a dark theater at the AMC Desert Ridge near Tatum and Loop 101 in Phoenix.

The two snakes caused a panic in the dark theater, according to the report.

"That to me is very scary," herpetological association representative Tom Whiting said. "I would hate to be watching a movie about snakes and have a rattlesnake bite me."

Wranglers were called to collect the snakes, the report said.

No one was injured in the incident and, so far, the culprits have not been caught.

Officials believe the snakes were smuggled into the theater in backpacks.

"This thing is under someone's chair and they go to sit and they just push your foot in the air and startle it -- obviously all they got to do is startle this thing," Phoenix Herpetological Society spokesman Daniel Marchand said. "It's dark. They can't see you, you know that well. If it's scared, boom it strikes."

The snakes were released into the desert."

Tycho
08-22-2006, 06:00 PM
A member of the audience was quoted as saying: "I've had it with these mother-$#%*ing snakes in this mother-$#%*ing movie theater!"

:pleased:

JediTricks
08-22-2006, 08:59 PM
Is it wrong that I think that article's funny as hell? :D

scruffziller
08-23-2006, 07:42 AM
Is it wrong that I think that article's funny as hell? :D

You can say it's wrong but quietly chuckle under your breath.:D