PDA

View Full Version : Coins replacing Holos in 2007

DarkArtist
08-10-2006, 03:52 PM
I believe I read this at either GalacticHunter.com or RebelScum.com. If Hasbro is changing the bonus pack in to a coin is it going to be a coin of the actual character or is it going to be random again ? Plus is there going to be UGH 2: The Revenge with perhaps multi-colored coins ? I thought the old POTF Kenner coins were a neat pack-in but I would hate to have to hunt down all the variations of coins if Hasbro decides to do the same thing with the coins as they did with the holos.

jedi master sal
08-10-2006, 04:01 PM
I believe I read this at either GalacticHunter.com or RebelScum.com. If Hasbro is changing the bonus pack in to a coin is it going to be a coin of the actual character or is it going to be random again ? Plus is there going to be UGH 2: The Revenge with perhaps multi-colored coins ? I thought the old POTF Kenner coins were a neat pack-in but I would hate to have to hunt down all the variations of coins if Hasbro decides to do the same thing with the coins as they did with the holos.

You can bet the coins will be random. And I wouldn't at all put it past Hasbro to make gold coins, silver ones, copper, etc.

I'm not a variation hunter ir that would drive me fricking crazy.

Jayspawn
08-10-2006, 06:05 PM
I'm glad I'm not a variation hunter. Its too much of a hassle now adays. Coins would be better than the holos.

El Chuxter
08-10-2006, 06:21 PM
I believe at Comic-Con they confirmed that the coins would be character-specific updated replicas of the old POTF coins from the 80s. They also confirmed there would likely be gold chase coins. :(

pbarnard
08-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Almost an interesting pack in. Clear stands, CLEAR STANDS.

C'mon Hasbro.

Kidhuman
08-10-2006, 09:21 PM
Meh, it dont matter to me.

TheDarthVader
08-10-2006, 11:23 PM
I hope it's random because then I begin my next thread: "Which coin came with your figures?" :D :crazed:

Coins are much better than holograph figures.

Banthaholic
08-10-2006, 11:33 PM
I'm just hoping there not blind packed. I'm a competist in the sense I'd want one of every coin total (as opposed to the one of every coin on every packaging) and that might be hard to plan for if they're randomly done. Heck it's hard enough to assemble and pick what holograms to grab to capture everyone and there is only 12 total. And with those I'm just looking for a complete set sumulatively of blue/red/ and eventually silver.

As for the coin idea, it's kinda cool. As a displayer, they'll look nice. It might get 'other' SW collectors into the game. I know there are some people that collect SW coins and not modern figures might want to jump into the fire and if nothing else you can glue them all together and make your very own lightsabre hilt

evenflow
08-11-2006, 10:45 AM
I hope the coins are character specific. I love the vintage ones and went through a hard time putting together a complete set. With that said, I hope they are different from the vintage ones, i dont want to see the same coin for let's say Luke and be unable to tell them apart.

2-1B
08-11-2006, 11:24 AM
Awesome, coins will be the coolest pack in to date. :)

dindae
08-11-2006, 12:02 PM
I like the coins. The holos were getting old. If they would have done new characters instead of new colors it would have been better. They were just using the miniature game molds anyway and they have plenty of characters they could have done. The only gripe I have is that they are doing away with the stands.

kool-aid killer
08-11-2006, 02:45 PM
I think it would be cool if the coins had something like a "cash" value in that if you got X amount of them, you could redeem them in to Hasbro for something exclusive (Yarna maybe? I think she would be better off as an exclusive than a figure at retail) kind of like how it was to get the Georgetrooper figure.

abell748
08-31-2006, 04:49 AM
I want a set of these, I like coins. The thing that I think Hasbro should do is offer a complete set like they did with the vintage POTF coins. Throw in a display folder and take all my darn Jedi Master Points and I'll be a happy camper indeed. I really, really do not want to buy every figure next year.

DarkArtist
08-31-2006, 09:32 AM
I loved the POTF coins and still have my originals to this date. The only one I am missing in a Han in Carbonite. If Hasbro wants to really make the fans happy they should make all the coins available for direct sale in a collector's set.