PDA

View Full Version : Who's geting the TIE Bomber?

Jayspawn
01-28-2002, 12:10 AM
I am! It looks awesome!!!

You guys?

Lord Tenebrous
01-28-2002, 12:32 AM
It looks very nice, but I don't have any room for it. Luckily, the TIE Interceptors around here all sold, so there is an interest for vehicles like this...

Of course, for testimonial, you might want to ask these guys...

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1694973307 (eBay Bomber Sample)

Beast
01-28-2002, 01:11 AM
I definatly am, infact I have had them on pre-order from Planet Action Figure since around oh, I think September. :)

Same place I got the B-Wing and the Tie Interceptor from. Infact I also have the crashed Snowspeeder on pre-order as well.

Im suprised that the AT-ST hasn't popped up on there yet. I hope it does soon, I would rather buy them thru there and spend a few bucks extra then try to find them in stores.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Obi-Don
01-28-2002, 08:01 AM
There is no try,buy or buy not. I will be getting this for sure.

bigbarada
01-28-2002, 09:40 AM
I've wanted this vehicle for over 20 years now, even if I am giving up on Star Wars collecting, I still plan to buy one of these.

JetsAndHeels
01-28-2002, 09:58 AM
I will definately get one if I am lucky enough to find one in my area. I still havent seen any of the B-Wings here yet.

browndroid
01-28-2002, 10:39 AM
yeah, im gonna get it no matter what!;)

Darkross
01-28-2002, 11:15 AM
I hope to get two of them and three of the crashed snow speeders when they come out. Hopefully Wal-Mart Canada will be stocking these babies otherwise it will be a pain to pay US$ + Exchange + Duty.:(

Dark Knight
01-28-2002, 12:21 PM
I will definite will be getting it. The bomber looks so cool.:D

ChronicJedi
01-28-2002, 05:14 PM
Hey, Darkross, if you order stuff from PAF they mark it as a gift with an obscenely low value so you NEVER get charged duty. Shipping and exchange is all you have to worry about. It's only $79.99 US for the pair and I too have a pre-order for these though PAF as Hasbro Canada tends to...uh... suck, I guess.

Sean the Hutt
01-29-2002, 12:39 AM
A deffinate for sure if they can be found. I am going to go to Vancouver again in a couple of months Any of you Canadians want a b wing or y wing let me know I have an extra of each. I will bring them up if some one wants them, but you would have to meet me there. Any way good searching, and Toys R Us ...well...sucks everywhere!

Darkross
01-29-2002, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by Sean the Hutt
A deffinate for sure if they can be found. I am going to go to Vancouver again in a couple of months Any of you Canadians want a b wing or y wing let me know I have an extra of each. I will bring them up if some one wants them, but you would have to meet me there. Any way good searching, and Toys R Us ...well...sucks everywhere!

The only problem is that shipping will cost you about the same as the duty! The best thing to do is to buy the stuff and send it to a friend or relative in the USA and have them bring it accross for you wrapped as a birthday gift! I should have done this with the B-Wing I tried to order from Target.COM.

Darkross
01-29-2002, 07:11 AM
Sorry about that...I ment to quote ChronicJedi!

Princess_Leila
01-29-2002, 03:00 PM
So you have some extra B-wings and Y-wings? I'm from Canada too, and so I couldn't get these anywhere. Do you alos have some Brown tatooine skiffs, by any luck? I don't want to have to pay 65$ to Brian's toys to get one...

jedi master sal
01-29-2002, 03:16 PM
i am planning on getting two Tie bombers at least (want to make an asteriod bombing diorama).

JetsAndHeels
01-29-2002, 03:30 PM
I wont lose any sleep if I do not find one, but I sure would like to have it. I think if I had to choose which new vehicle to get, it would be a tie between the snowspeeder and the AT-ST.

Sean the Hutt
01-30-2002, 01:57 AM
Hey I have the ships, but no skiffs sorry Princess! I want to stay here until the tie bomber is released, and then I will be making my way up to Vancouver. I am looking to buy an apartment and move there more permently! Sorry Canadians! Anyway I can bring the ships if you are serious. I would only charge what they cost at Target, just buy me lunch or something. I am not in it for the cash. but would like to make more friends in the B.C. area, especially Star Wars friendly people! I was up there for a month last year. It was great except that I could not find any Star Wars anywhere! And the Toys R Us I went to kind of stunk too! But that can be said of many a toys r us from San Diego to AmsterdamAnyway, my email is seanhearn@cox.net if you should think of any other figs you might need let me know. I have many doubles, at least potf ones.

mark2d2
01-30-2002, 07:59 PM
Frankly, I still don't understand why they're even bothering to make this ship. It's a stupid design that's barely in the movie . . . .

PSYCH !!!

This ship will be the coolest ever! I am DYING in anticipation. Hurry up already! I've wanted this ship since I saw ESB. And from all indications it will be the highwater mark in Star Wars Toy Ships.

I am kinda amazed though that they are actually making it.

It really is barely in the movie. But that's what makes it so cool that it's finally coming out way. I think that of all the vehicles released, this one has the least screen time. And it's a pity. If I had my way, I'd put these things into Episode Three or something. Is it just me or are the new vehicles profoundly uninspired?

PS -- With this purchase, I will have all four TIE Imperial Ships. Thus far, Vader's is my favourite, but the Bomber will no doubt bump that into second place by a mile. Though the all new Vader's mold was done really well. I just wish at least one of them had that SCREAMING sound fx of the vintage. Sigh...

Sidiously Darth
01-31-2002, 04:43 AM
Actually, I think you see part of one hanging from a rack in one of the hangers on the Death Star in Jedi. The scene where Vader's shuttle lands.

Yes to your question. It will bring my fleet of tie fighters up to 5, actually a flight + 2. 2 Ties, 1 Advanced (You know, so they can "Assume the formation"), 1 Interceptor and one eventual bomber. I have to have something to go up against my 3 x-wings, 2 y-wings, 2 a-wings & 2 b-wings. I have a slave one to battle the Falcon & Outrider. And one Imperial Walker can handle 3 soon to be 4 snowspeeders.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling. Yes, I will be buying at least one.:happy:

Fixer
01-31-2002, 08:48 AM
Without a doubt, I'll be getting one or two. Finally, a new OT vehicle that looks like it was done right. 2002 - the year of the vehicles.

stillakid
01-31-2002, 09:40 AM
Um, yeah. Of course. This looks like one of the only thing that people will continue collecting in 2002.

Casual George
03-01-2002, 04:19 PM
I'd love to get one. Just hope I can find it.:(

Battle Droid
03-01-2002, 04:35 PM
I'm definately getting a couple of them!

Jargo
03-01-2002, 05:45 PM
Well, i'm kinda miffed thewy just re-used the wings from vader's TIE but still, it's a new TIE and it's the bad@$$ bomber too! I have two regular ties and two interceptors. So with this bomber and Vader's TIE I'll have a nice little formation hanging from my ceiling. I won't be able to move at all but it'll look great from my bed. :) Now if they'd just release the shuttle. Oh, and the landing craft too...... :rolleyes: :D

stillakid
03-01-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Now if they'd just release the shuttle. Oh, and the landing craft too...... :rolleyes: :D

That shuttle is liable to kill you if it falls from the ceiling!

Jargo
03-01-2002, 06:53 PM
Which is why I have huge big ginormous steel rods to hang my ships from. :D you think I want the royal starship and Millenium Falcon crashing down in the middle of the night and giving me a heart attack? No siree! I use twelve pound fishing line to hold them up and plenty of it at as many strategic stress points as I can tie it round. Aint no way any ships are falling down on this Emperor. :D

but given the size of the wingspan, I'd probably not get it to hang anyway. I think I have about four square feet of room left in my tiny cell of a room. :(

mark2d2
03-01-2002, 09:03 PM
Jargo,

I was initially bummed about the wings, But then I watched Empire again and realized that they are in fact as best as I can tell --- the exact same wings. Perhaps ILM --- which was notorious for recycling the props --- simply bashed up the original Vader Tie Models --- notice they never were needed again --- to make the BOMBER.

Any thoughts?

squee666
03-02-2002, 01:35 AM
I'm really excited about this ship!! Unfortuneatly, the Walmart in my area has to be the worst. The Star Wars pegs are always empty, and I'm lucky if any of the employees in the toy department have any knowldege of Star Wars period!!! Sounds like a road trip will be in my future.

Beast
03-02-2002, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by squee666
I'm really excited about this ship!! Unfortuneatly, the Walmart in my area has to be the worst. The Star Wars pegs are always empty, and I'm lucky if any of the employees in the toy department have any knowldege of Star Wars period!!! Sounds like a road trip will be in my future.
Same reason that I don't depend on B&M stores anymore for my Star Wars purcases. Most of the stuff can be found on-line for around the same prices, and with no need to actually hunt the stores for products that bearly show up, and when they do are hoarded by scalpers anyway. Infact Yestertoys has the Snowspeeder and the TIE Bomber for I believe, 35.00 each. Not to bad to save yourself stress and gas money trying to find stuff in the stores. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mark2d2
03-02-2002, 03:52 AM
Dang! Jar Jar Binks!!! What a Hot Tip!

I just went to Yestertoys and ordered my Non-Mint Bomber for a whopping $32. That's a lousy two dollars and five cents over retail. Even with the shipping charge of 5.60 --- I'm paying only a few measley bucks over retail. (Factoring in the tax . . .) What a deal! I live at least 20 miles away from a Walmart. So, this was definitely the way to go. Especially for an "opener" like myself.

I ordered the FX-7 wave from them a while back and was very pleased with the service, too. Man oh man, am I a happy boy tonight!!!

Beast
03-02-2002, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by mark2d2
Dang! Jar Jar Binks!!! What a Hot Tip!
I just went to Yestertoys and ordered my Non-Mint Bomber for a whopping $32. That's a lousy two dollars and five cents over retail. Even with the shipping charge of 5.60 --- I'm paying only a few measley bucks over retail. (Factoring in the tax . . .) What a deal! I live at least 20 miles away from a Walmart. So, this was definitely the way to go. Especially for an "opener" like myself.
I ordered the FX-7 wave from them a while back and was very pleased with the service, too. Man oh man, am I a happy boy tonight!!!
Coolness, glad I could point you in the right direction. It's my pledge to help people avoid scalpers if possible, so makes me happy I can help. To bad that I already have my order locked in for the Crashed Snowspeeder and the TIE Bomber thru PAF. :( I don't like cancelling pre-orders, so I will deal with paying a little more then I would thru Yestertoys. I know one thing though, if Yestertoys can secure the rumored Imperial Shuttle for this Christmas, I'll go thru them for the purchase instead of PAF. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

PloKoon2385
03-02-2002, 02:43 PM
I agree that Yestertoys is a good place. I also ordered my TIE Bomber and Crashed Snowspeeder from them. I also reccomend DNStoys.com, though they don't have them available for preorder, once they get them they are good at getting them back in stock on a regular basis. I have ordered many things from them and their customer service is excellent and their prices are great. I also like their shipping rates, they are fair. I am looking forward to this ship, even though it is useless in the Star Wars universe. But oh well. I have always wanted it along with the Interceptor and now I will die happy... if they make the Imperial Shuttle and Sith Infiltrator, that is.:D

Jargo
03-02-2002, 03:05 PM
I fear it'll be a long wait for the Sith infiltrator......

Mark2d2, I haven't been paying that much attention lately, :rolleyes: I was looking at pics of the film model and you are so right about the wings. I've attached a pic of the movie model to illustrate. :cool:

starwars92590
03-03-2002, 01:45 PM
i will but not until my basement is done being redone and i get a new shelf to put in the basement.:D

DarthMaulSithLord
03-03-2002, 05:22 PM
I am hoping to get one for around $30-35 at a fair in April. It looks really awesome, i just wish Hasbro put some electronics into it.

:)

mark2d2
03-04-2002, 04:05 PM
Yes, the electronics will be sorely missed. I wish we had a TIE that "Screamed!!!" like the vintage. Not even one out of four --- Dang! Maybe if they do a resculpt of the regular TIE everyone keeps wishing for . . .

Beast
03-04-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by mark2d2
Yes, the electronics will be sorely missed. I wish we had a TIE that "Screamed!!!" like the vintage. Not even one out of four --- Dang! Maybe if they do a resculpt of the regular TIE everyone keeps wishing for . . .
Well, there are some rumblings we may get a 25th Anniversary TIE Fighter this year, though it will probably be an exclusive to TRU. Since they are getting the 25th Anniversary X-Wing. Hopefully when they are correcting the wing size of the TIE Fighter, they re-sculpt the pod as well. That stupid battery compartment area is completly useless on the new ships.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SithDroid
03-04-2002, 05:27 PM
I'll pick it up if I can find it. The Wal-Mart in my area is pretty ghetto, not that I live in a ghetto area, but the closest one is pretty dirty and they never have anything there when I go in.