PDA

View Full Version : Please give us this! (Homing Spider Droid)

jedi master sal
08-11-2006, 07:22 AM
First here's a link to what I'm talking about:
http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/homing_spider_droid.jpg
or if you prefer from the official site then here:
http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/homingspiderdroid/index.html

This droid/vehicle would be immensely EASY to manufacture. Consider that the four legs are the exact same, then each half od the "body" of the droid could be the same as well, that would leave only the laser radar dishes and even that could be the same. No accurate, but close enough.

So since there would be so many repetitive parts, this would be an easy thing to make. Not appealing enough to the kid/collecor you say? Well then add in a pack-in or two. Nothing fancy. Since these were primarily scene in the Battle of Geonosis in Attack of the clones, give us either a Super Battle droid or Red battle droid, or even better one of each!

With no pack in this shouldn't cost more than $15-20. With one pack in add $5, with 2 pack-ins add $10. So at most this would cost $30 but would include two army building pack ins that would be welcomed.

Have the droid come unassembled in the box. If you desire a window then show just the "body" portion and whatever pack-ins you choose if any, and "hide" the legs behind the cardboard of the box. Assemblage would be extremely easy. Ball joints can connect the standing legs to the "upper" legs that then join by ball joint to the body.

Seeing as how you want to keep things in this range, then this droid would be a perfect opportunity to do just that AND give us someting completely new. FYI, it was also briefly seen in Revenge of the Sith, so it's made two movie appearances.

Please make this. It's easy to create, uses repetative parts, can be packaged in a small box so as to not take up retail space and fits within your plans for retail cost.

Respectfully submitted.
Sal

Battle Droid
08-11-2006, 03:07 PM
Agreed, I love this droid! :thumbsup:

I'd also like to see the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid and Techno Union Tri-Droid made.

Tank Droid

http://starwars.com/databank/vehicle/tankdroid/img/movie_bg.jpg

Tri-Droid

http://starwars.com/databank/droid/tridroid/img/eu_bg.jpg

jedi master sal
08-11-2006, 11:53 PM
Agreed, I love this droid! :thumbsup:

I'd also like to see the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid and Techno Union Tri-Droid made.

Tank Droid

http://starwars.com/databank/vehicle/tankdroid/img/movie_bg.jpg

Tri-Droid

http://starwars.com/databank/droid/tridroid/img/eu_bg.jpg

The Tri droid is also known as the Octuptarra droid. Well the smaller ones anyways...

JediTricks
08-13-2006, 01:06 AM
I think these would be kinda boring if they released them as-is, they'd be non-vehicles - the Hailfire Droid only gets away with it because it's got wheels and a bunch of missiles, and the Droid Tri-Fighter gets away with it because it's a space vehicle (and I'm not even sure it really does get away with it). However! If Hasbro changed the designs so that the droids had cockpits for other figures to use, a la Star Wars:Battlefront II, that would be pretty cool (except the Tri-Droid, he's not that big). The LEGO Tank Droid is a vehicle like that and is really neat.

jedi master sal
08-13-2006, 07:25 AM
I think these would be kinda boring if they released them as-is, they'd be non-vehicles - the Hailfire Droid only gets away with it because it's got wheels and a bunch of missiles, and the Droid Tri-Fighter gets away with it because it's a space vehicle (and I'm not even sure it really does get away with it). However! If Hasbro changed the designs so that the droids had cockpits for other figures to use, a la Star Wars:Battlefront II, that would be pretty cool (except the Tri-Droid, he's not that big). The LEGO Tank Droid is a vehicle like that and is really neat.

Way to bring things down man...

Okay so they make the ball body open to fit a battle droid. There problem solved, now get on board man!...

JediTricks
08-13-2006, 06:52 PM
Way to bring things down man...

Okay so they make the ball body open to fit a battle droid. There problem solved, now get on board man!...
I already was on board, the "however!" part is meant to explain that.

figrin bran
08-14-2006, 12:50 AM
i'm on board as well. after all, my clone armies need something to fire away at.

jedi master sal
08-14-2006, 09:31 AM
I already was on board, the "however!" part is meant to explain that.

Heh heh, guess you didn't know I was kidding back at you...

JediTricks
08-14-2006, 02:38 PM
LIES! ALL LIES I TELL YOU! ;)

heh heh

Banthaholic
08-14-2006, 09:40 PM
I'm on board for this. Everytime I watch AOTC I keep shaking my head wondering why we haven't had one yet. Plus it's fit easily in the $20 price range Hasbro seems shooting for.

jedi master sal
08-15-2006, 01:36 PM
I'm on board for this. Everytime I watch AOTC I keep shaking my head wondering why we haven't had one yet. Plus it's fit easily in the $20 price range Hasbro seems shooting for.

Therein lies my point. It's in the price range that Hasbro wants to stay in, plus it would be easy to manufacture given the repetative parts.

-Sal

COMMANDERCODY2795
08-16-2006, 04:53 PM
i think doing like in battle fornt would be pretty cool and it should come with a red piot droid. (the droid with ble markings.) plus, im goonna get the new att and hailfire droid. because my clone outnumber them. plu i have the lego hailfire droid and its to scale with the action figures plus if u peel back part of the cockpit you find it hollow so i put my pilot from the little scout version of the aat (wich i lost the main body to so i use the botton as wreckage.) and put the stuff back over it and voila!

Blue2th
08-16-2006, 05:17 PM
Yes, Yes! this one would be cool! I thought they were going to make this droid at one time? I think I saw an anouncment way back after AOTC. It might have been for Action Fleet though. I can't remember which.

Jargo
08-16-2006, 05:38 PM
personally i'd like them to release an accurate spider droid with the homing spider droid. the little one has a gun nose that's too large, the illuminated 'eyes' are in the wrong position and hasbro has twice neglected to include the feet on the spider droid. So remove the wind up feature and make an accurate to movie version, then pack it with the homing spider droid. though adding in those rolled up destroyer droids would be sweet on top of the other two. didn't dig the droid launcher when it was out but liked the rolling droid.

I also like the idea of having the globe centre on the homing droid be a cockpit. I mean if it's just a case of open the top shove the figure in and that's that. I wouldn't want the exterior of the globe compromised to make it appear more like a cockpit though.

JediTricks
08-16-2006, 05:52 PM
Yes, Yes! this one would be cool! I thought they were going to make this droid at one time? I think I saw an anouncment way back after AOTC. It might have been for Action Fleet though. I can't remember which.There was an Action Fleet version mocked up in the AF Saga line, it was fairly close to being released when Hasbro canned the line.

I also like the idea of having the globe centre on the homing droid be a cockpit. I mean if it's just a case of open the top shove the figure in and that's that. I wouldn't want the exterior of the globe compromised to make it appear more like a cockpit though.Yeah, there's no reason to change the Spider Droid or Tank Droid exteriors to accomodate cockpits within.

Jargo
08-17-2006, 12:28 PM
Y'know what else would be cool on the homing spider? some kind of pneumatic effect in the legs. like a spring or something. just to give it more functionality and more than just being a globe with four legs. like something that could make the legs telescope or drop down lower for storage or something.
Hey i'm being really unspecific and explaining what i mean badly but say, like suspension on the legs and the ability to lower the cockpit to enable a pilot to get onboard. that kinda deal. something more practical than flick fired missiles or those red plastic 'blaster' shots things that look like missiles. missile firing things just wreck the aesthetic of the vehicle. i'd rather have a little engineering like the hailfire droids wheels or the republic gunship cago bay doors. technical and practical. rather than gimmicky and detail deleting.

COMMANDERCODY2795
08-18-2006, 04:43 PM
you have a point.except i dont thing the cockpit should lower as in the movie its a droid brain piloted thing. it maybe should come with a resculpted stap and battle droid.