PDA

View Full Version : Okay now that a fan figure poll has been done how about a vehicle/ship poll??

jedi master sal
08-11-2006, 07:56 AM
There are still MANY ships/vehicles, large droids that can be made as toys.

In this I would say keep them specifically to the movies as they would be the most recognizable and would have the greater potential to be bought by the casual buyer as well as the kid/collector.

Now what could be made say you? Glad you asked. Here's a list and bare in mind these are STRICTLY from the movies:

TPM:
Sith Infiltrator ( http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/sithinfiltrator/index.html ) Probably the second most requested vehicle/ship. Can be medium in size, could sell for $30-50
Gungan Bongo ( http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/bongo/index.html ) A medium sized vehicle, could sell for $30-40
Any number of Pod-racers, though Teemto Pagalies, Gasgano, Ody Madrell, Mars Guo, Mawhonic and Ben Quadrinaros pod racers come to mind first since they were featured in the movie. (Also a good way to reissue Anakin's and Sebulba's) Individual pods could sell for $20.

AOTC:
AT-TE-( http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/atte/index.html ) One of the MOST requested vehicles of all. Large, many repetative parts, could sell for $50-80.
Homing Spider Droid ( http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/homingspiderdroid/index.html ) Medium sized, repetative parts-easy to manufacture, could sell for $20
Solar Sailor ( http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/solarsailer/index.html ) To be honest not one of the most sought after, but would be nice to comeplete the collection of ships. Can be small/medium in size and sell for $20-30

ROTS:
V-wing ( http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/vwingstarfighter/index.html ) A small ship, tightly packed like the A-wing. Could sell for $20
Tank Droid ( http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/tankdroid/index.html ) (looks like a snail) Some repetative parts, medium sized, could sell for $25-30
Droid Gunship ( http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/droidgunship/index.html ) small/medium size, could sell for $20-30
Octuptarra droid ( http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/octuptarradroid/index.html ) Small, repetative parts, could sell for $15.
Clone Turbo Tank ( http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/turbotank/index.html ) Immense-this would be the biggest toy you could make from the movies. So big you might even consider making it a rolling toy chest! Price $100+ make this a pre-order ONLINE only to judge interest and if viable then go with it.
Millenium Falcon ROTS deco-Here's an easy one. Just give us a repaint and there you go. I'm betting this would see some decent sales. It IS the Falcon, plus it's the cool looking paint scheme from the movie.
FireSpeeder ( http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/emergencyfirespeeder/index.html ) A medium ship, you gave us the pilot for them, so how about the ship please. Could sell for $30

ANH:
Rebel Hangar transport (No link sorry) This is the small ground transport as seen in the Rebel hangar on the moon of Yavin. Extremely easy to manufacture, coudl come with a nice pack-in of the driver. with-out pack-in cost is $15, with pack-in $20.

ESB:
Twin Pod Cloud Car ( http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/twinpodcloudcar/index.html ) Probably the most asked for Original Trilogy vehicle not yet remade. You gave us the pilot, now please give us the ship for him to fly in, please. Samll size, could sell for $20
Rebel Transport ( http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/rebelmediumtransport/index.html ) You gave it to us in the "vintage" days and it was great. Either a reissue of this or make a new one. Large size coudl sell for $50-70

ROTJ:
Sail Barge ( http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/sailbarge/index.html ) Large to immense in size. Could also be used as a toy chest. See same idea from Clone Turbo Tank above. Could sell for $100++

Now I realize this is Prequel trilogy intensive, but that's because you've given us many of the iconic vehicles of the original trilogy. The prequels are still fresh in the minds of collectors as well as kids, so it's still a GREAT opportunity and area to pull from.

Please consider this for making a Fan Choice Poll for Vehicles/Ships/Large Droids.

Respectfully submitted,
We the fans of the Star Wars movies!

Kidhuman
08-11-2006, 08:01 AM
I think a ship/vehicle poll would be great. Whats even better would be a playset poll. And completely agree Sal, no EU allowed in these. Strictly movie related.

jedi master sal
08-11-2006, 08:28 AM
I think a ship/vehicle poll would be great. Whats even better would be a playset poll. And completely agree Sal, no EU allowed in these. Strictly movie related.

You want a playset poll?? I can do that too, give me a moment to write it up!
Same rules apply, ONLY movie related.
-Sal

Droid
08-11-2006, 10:10 AM
I vote Sail Barge.

jedi master sal
08-11-2006, 10:52 AM
I vote Sail Barge.

Heh, well this isn't the place to vote, but certainly you're welcome to express your opinion about what you'd like to see produced. Let's just hope Hasbro really IS looking at these threads and can see that we DO desire to own as toys many if not all of the items listed above.

-Sal

Phantom-like Menace
08-11-2006, 11:29 PM
This seems like a pretty cool idea, but were it implemented, Hasbro would definitely limit our choices pretty severely. They'd be asking for trouble if they opened this up to any choice.

As far as the Turbo Tank, I would hate a largely hollow vehicle. Come on, Rubbermaid can make an entire trash can for a few bucks.

jedi master sal
08-12-2006, 12:04 AM
As far as the Turbo Tank, I would hate a largely hollow vehicle. Come on, Rubbermaid can make an entire trash can for a few bucks.

Granted, thus the reason WHY Hasbro can make this. But the Turbo Tanks would also have:
Wheels
Rotating turrets
"Crow's Nest" look-out spire. Seats for the Pilots/Gunners in the TWO cockpits. Seats for regular clones along the inside "walls" of the turbo tank

So this would hardly be hollow. And the idea that it could also be a toy chest might be appealing to PARENTS, who are more apt to buy this due to it's dual functionality of toy and toy chest.

I only suggested a price. Of course if it can be made for cheaper but still look good and serve both purposes, then why not?

Phantom-like Menace
08-12-2006, 05:10 AM
I only suggested a price. Of course if it can be made for cheaper but still look good and serve both purposes, then why not?

I'm sorry. I have no idea how I managed to miss n't on the end of that. That absolutely should have read "As far as the Turbo Tank, I wouldn't hate a largely hollow vehicle. Come on, Rubbermaid can make an entire trash can for a few bucks."

That last line simply reiterates that it is economically feasible for Hasbro. I'm totally for your entire idea.

Totally sorry. I was talking with a friend while I was typing that, and something got lost in my edit.

JON9000
08-12-2006, 12:51 PM
The OT vehicles mentioned can be had on ebay for really low prices indicating there isn't much fan interest. I would be in favor of a realistically scaled Skiff for $40.

From the PT, the coolest would be a firespeeder with a water reservoir that would allow you to pump and spray water through the nozzles. Anybody ever see the eco-hiss tank from GIJoe? I think that could be decently made for $30 and would sell like hot cakes to collectors and kids.

jedi master sal
08-12-2006, 08:30 PM
I'm sorry. I have no idea how I managed to miss n't on the end of that. That absolutely should have read "As far as the Turbo Tank, I wouldn't hate a largely hollow vehicle. Come on, Rubbermaid can make an entire trash can for a few bucks."

That last line simply reiterates that it is economically feasible for Hasbro. I'm totally for your entire idea.

Totally sorry. I was talking with a friend while I was typing that, and something got lost in my edit.

No problem.

TheDarthVader
08-15-2006, 08:02 PM
I agree 100%.

pegger
08-16-2006, 06:36 AM
All I want is a FRIGGIN AT-TE!!!!

jedi master sal
08-16-2006, 07:36 AM
All I want is a FRIGGIN AT-TE!!!!

Yeah, I think above all other vehicles THAT one would be my top pick.

Now if we seperated these by size and could vote for one large, one medium and two smalls, what would do you (general you, not specifically pegger) vote for?

Here's the breakdown:
Large:
AT-TE
Clone Turbo Tank
Rebel Transport
Sail Barge

Medium:
Sith Infiltrator
Gungan Bongo
Tank Droid
Droid Gunship
Millenium Falcon ROTS deco
FireSpeeder

Small:
Homing Spider Droid
Pod-racers
Solar Sailor
V-wing
Octuptarra droid
Rebel Hangar transport
Twin Pod Cloud Car

My votes would go like this:
Large: AT-TE
Medium: Sith Infiltrator or Snail Droid
Small: Homing Spider droid AND Rebel Hangar Transport

-Sal

Kidhuman
08-16-2006, 11:37 AM
For Large I would be torn between the Sail Barge and AT-TE. I want both real bad.

Medium is the Sith infiltrator

Small would be the solar sailor.

pegger
08-16-2006, 04:43 PM
Large... hmmm.... ;)

Mid-sized - Tank Droid

Small - I now it's kinda dull- but the Rebel Hanger transport.

and Cloud car

PS - Did I mention I want an AT-TE?

Phantom-like Menace
08-19-2006, 04:31 PM
Large:

AT-TE with the Turbo Tank a close second (my clone army needs armor support)

Medium:

Sith Infiltrator hands down

Small:

Twin Pod Cloud Car and Rebel Hangar Transport

Battle Droid
08-20-2006, 09:59 AM
Large: MTT, Nute, Rune, and Gilramo's Neimoidian Shuttle, and General Grievous' Shuttle. :razz:
Medium: General Grievous' starfighter, Tri-Droid, Tank Droid, & Battle Droid Carrier.
Small: Octuptarra Droid & Homing Spider Droid.

bigbarada
08-21-2006, 11:52 PM
AT-TE would be number one for me, that's the only prequel vehicle that I actually like better than any of the OT vehicles.

I would also love to see more accurate versions of the AT-AT, the ROTJ AT-ST, and the Speeder Bike.

Once the TIE Bomber was released, that pretty much fulfilled all my wishes for OT vehicles.

jedi master sal
08-22-2006, 07:16 AM
AT-TE would be number one for me, that's the only prequel vehicle that I actually like better than any of the OT vehicles.

I would also love to see more accurate versions of the AT-AT, the ROTJ AT-ST, and the Speeder Bike.

Once the TIE Bomber was released, that pretty much fulfilled all my wishes for OT vehicles.

I here ya, BB. There's not much OT on my list. Aside from Jabba's Sail Barge (which we'll never see), Twin Pod Cloud car (unlikely as said by Hasbro), and the Rebel Hangar transport, there's no other OT ship that I really desire.

Although I do want more TIE fighters. I just don't want to pay $40 for one. Like I've said before, give me just the wings and I'll convert all of my other ones...

Well, it does seem that the AT-TE is the front runner for the large vehicles and is the most consistent of all sizes.
I really hope Hasbro reads this to see for themselves our desire to own this.
Depending on price I know I want at least 3, maybe 5. I can see these going for $60-70 easy. So long as there's room for two pilots in the front and 4 gunners in the body, plus one atop the cannon on the outside, I'm cool with it. We all know it will never be to scale. I'm thinking that if it were the same length as the AT-AT, but just half the height that that would work.

What do you think?

Phantom-like Menace
08-22-2006, 08:06 AM
Depending on price I know I want at least 3, maybe 5. I can see these going for $60-70 easy. So long as there's room for two pilots in the fron and 4 gunners in teh body, plus one atop the canon on the outside, I'm cool with it. We all know it will never be to scale. I'm thinking that if it were the same length as the AT-AT, but just half the height that that would work.

What do you think?

As long as the AT-AT and half the height sounds good to me, but given how many clones some of us have, a troop compartment in the back would be nice. At sixty to seventy dollars I'd get two, and scene appropriateness be damned, they'd look great in formation with the two AT-ATs I want to get this year.

bigbarada
08-22-2006, 01:49 PM
I here ya, BB. There's not much OT on my list. Aside from Jabba's Sail Barge (which we'll never see), Twin Pod Cloud car (unlikely as said by Hasbro), and the Rebel Hangar transport, there's no other OT ship that I really desire.

Although I do want more TIE fighters. I just don't want to pay $40 for one. Like I've said before, give me just the wings and I'll convert all of my other ones...

Well, it does seem that the AT-TE is the front runner for the large vehicles and is the most consistent of all sizes.
I really hope Hasbro reads this to see for themselves our desire to own this.
Depending on price I know I want at least 3, maybe 5. I can see these going for $60-70 easy. So long as there's room for two pilots in the front and 4 gunners in the body, plus one atop the cannon on the outside, I'm cool with it. We all know it will never be to scale. I'm thinking that if it were the same length as the AT-AT, but just half the height that that would work.

What do you think?

The AT-TE would be perfect if made to scale with the Gunship, this will give Hasbro the opportunity to rerelease a retooled Gunship later on as the Dropship that delivers the AT-TE in EP2.

At that scale I don't think that we can hope for more than two cramped figures in the cockpit and unmanned guns on the sides. Although since Hasbro has already released a Gunner figure, he could site atop the main gun (even though we never saw a clone up there in the films). Maybe a compartment in the back to hold 5 or 6 clone troopers too.

The fact that these walkers were prominent in two Star Wars films and one of them even "took out" Obi-Wan in EP3, it'd be ridiculous if Hasbro didn't make one.

Hopefully it's just a matter of 'when' not 'if.'

pegger
08-22-2006, 02:34 PM
The AT-TE would be perfect if made to scale with the Gunship, this will give Hasbro the opportunity to rerelease a retooled Gunship later on as the Dropship that delivers the AT-TE in EP2.

It would be great if they made it that size - it would be SUPER EASY to retool the gunship to make a drop ship too (hint, hint Hasbro - cheap and easy.....easy $45 a pop....easy money - no expensive molds,...see? easy...)

At that scale I don't think that we can hope for more than two cramped figures in the cockpit and unmanned guns on the sides. Although since Hasbro has already released a Gunner figure, he could site atop the main gun (even though we never saw a clone up there in the films). Maybe a compartment in the back to hold 5 or 6 clone troopers too.

I would think a tthe scale, we could fit 1 into the cockpit. If the "gun" is like the Lego version, we could have a seat for a gunner at the back. and maybe 4 into the "body" - of course they would have to sit tho....

I would be SO happy if they ever made this - but considering how much we have been asking for this, I doubt we will ever see it.