PDA

View Full Version : Behind the Scenes Figures

stillakid
08-11-2006, 04:36 PM
Sitting here with "George Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise" got me thinking about how cool it would be to have a "film crew" playset with accessory lights and Panaflexes. The figures could be pretty generic for the most part as long as Lucas was properly represented in flannel and shaggy hair (from the Seventies). I highly doubt that you would have any problem selling such a set. We're talking about a camera on a dolly, a couple lights on stands along with a camera operator, boom guy (with boom), and maybe toss in a cute intern and the Lucas. That's only four figures and about 4 pack-ins! $25 bucks out the door and we can all pretend like we're there on set like we always wished we could have been.

Pleeeease! :love:

JON9000
08-11-2006, 05:13 PM
You know you would customize the cameraman into yourself, have him do something ugly to the Lucas director figure with a a stray mouse droid, and then have your custom doppleganger windup in the director's chair (assuming he has articulated knees) to completely reshoot the PT in accordance with your own dark vision.

Actually, Hasbro answered a question about this recently at the comicon I think. While the answer wasn't "drop dead", it was definately a no. Sorry to disappoint....

stillakid
08-11-2006, 06:14 PM
You know you would customize the cameraman into yourself, have him do something ugly to the Lucas director figure with a a stray mouse droid, and then have your custom doppleganger windup in the director's chair (assuming he has articulated knees) to completely reshoot the PT in accordance with your own dark vision.

Actually, Hasbro answered a question about this recently at the comicon I think. While the answer wasn't "drop dead", it was definately a no. Sorry to disappoint....

:( It was part of my nefarious plan to rewrite the Prequels, if only in 3 3/4" scale.

Kidhuman
08-11-2006, 06:16 PM
I wouldnt buy this set.

General_Grievous
08-11-2006, 07:27 PM
The only behind the scenes figure I would buy is a Kenny Baker with a bottle of Jim Beam and a picket sign that says "F--K CGI R2-D2!"

stillakid
08-11-2006, 10:37 PM
The only behind the scenes figure I would buy is a Kenny Baker with a bottle of Jim Beam and a picket sign that says "F--K CGI R2-D2!"

THAT'S not a bad idea for a behind the scenes figure. Not the Jim Beam and sign thing, but an R2 unit with removable dome and a Kenny Baker inside!!!! :love: Anybody here that tells me they wouldn't buy THAT is lying! :whip:

Kidhuman
08-11-2006, 11:00 PM
I wou;d buy it, 2 if it had those accessories

2-1B
08-11-2006, 11:29 PM
I would buy it if they made a line complete with producers and such. Well, one producer specifically (and I don't mean the bitterman who was selling stuff on eBay :D ). :)

stillakid
08-12-2006, 12:06 AM
I would buy it if they made a line complete with producers and such. Well, one producer specifically (and I don't mean the bitterman who was selling stuff on eBay :D ). :)

Would you prefer the Pre-Prequels Thin Rick or the mid-Prequels Jabba-like Foul Mouth Rick?

figrin bran
08-12-2006, 01:41 AM
i'd buy the set plus the kenny baker, a jeremy bulloch boba fett, frank oz w. puppet yoda.

2-1B
08-12-2006, 03:56 AM
Would you prefer the Pre-Prequels Thin Rick or the mid-Prequels Jabba-like Foul Mouth Rick?
when you say "foulmouth" it seems to me like this might come with a Commtech chip...I'm sold! :thumbsup:

JON9000
08-12-2006, 07:58 PM
Foul Mouth Rick?

I would get a foul mouth Rick. His demise at the hands of Wicket would be most entertaining.

Jargo
08-17-2006, 06:08 PM
eeeeeuw a stumpy midget in a tin can as a toy? no way jose.*

however, if such an atrocity ever came to pass I would hope it was accompanied by a jack Purvis figure either in an Ewok outfit or in a jawa costume. heroes unmasked so to speak. Peter mayhew without chewieshead on but with the black eyes. Anthony daniels still in threepio suit but without the head pieces in place. Harison ford Carrie fisher and Mark Hamill snorting coke. George lucas having a nervous breakdown. Gary Kurtz with 'throwing script at george' action feature. Phil Tippet with beard growing action feature. Stuart Freeborn with 'I've not done a tap of work on this movie but hot damn I'm getting full credit' smug smile action. Alec Guiness with 'please god kill me now' expression and paycheck. Peter cushing in full imperial uniform and slipers instead of boots. Dave Prowse in vader costume but unmasked with original dave prowse dialogue sound clips. And so on.....

*No that wasn't serious. it just amused me.

Banthaholic
08-17-2006, 11:00 PM
i'd buy the set plus the kenny baker, a jeremy bulloch boba fett, frank oz w. puppet yoda.

:twisted: The thought of a Yoda figure with a man's hand up his arse.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-18-2006, 11:54 AM
I'd buy pretty much any of the figures Daddypants listed. :D

Eventually, I'd like to see, at least, a plain and simple flannel shirt Lucas. No X-wing gear, no stormtrooper disguise, no Baron Papanoida getup; just a plain ol' Lucas figure. A Rick McC would be pretty killer too. :thumbsup: