PDA

View Full Version : Cantina curved piece in 07.

Kidhuman
08-11-2006, 03:56 PM
Just saw this rummaging through the q&a from hasbro.

JediInsider.com: Any plans for some type of Cantina playset for all of the
Cantina alien figures that have been released, or get curved pieces to go along with the already existing bar pieces? Something to allow them to make a complete bar?

Hasbro: The curved pieces *will* be coming out in 2007. There are no plans for a complete diorama or playsetů.fans will be able to build the bar organically, however (the curved sections will be compatible with the straight sections).

DarthQuack
08-11-2006, 03:57 PM
Good deal, can't wait.

JON9000
08-11-2006, 04:01 PM
FINALLY!!!!!!!!

this is going to be so super sweet. I have wanted round sections ever since we were teased with the original cantina pack-ins back in '02. 5 freaking years later Hasbro gets around to fulfilling my collecting wishes!!! This development will get me into building a Cantina for bar to fit into, and somewhere to display the 30 or so Cantina figures I have collected over the last 11 years!!!!!

General_Grievous
08-11-2006, 05:07 PM
But now don't they have to make that big drink dispenser thing in the middle of the bar?

wedge1968
08-11-2006, 05:13 PM
I've heard that we are getting the distillery in '08.

What kills me is not knowing the dimensions of the curved piece. I've been putting together my cantina diorama for years now, and I am now thinking that if the curved piece doesn't fit, I'll have to start over!

Kidhuman
08-11-2006, 05:15 PM
But now don't they have to make that big drink dispenser thing in the middle of the bar?

Have heard the same thing.

JediTricks
08-11-2006, 05:16 PM
You guys suck! We had this answer 2 months ago!

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=76

SSG: Hasbro Q&A for the week of June 16th

Q: Will there ever be the curved Cantina bar end piece, and if so, when will it be made available and what will it come with?
A: Yes. The specifics on when it will be available aren't ready for announcement yet.

Kidhuman
08-11-2006, 05:18 PM
But now they have announced a date JT, all they told us was yes.

El Chuxter
08-11-2006, 05:32 PM
It will be only the curved piece of the bar (no figure) and will retail for $29.99. Oh, and it will be a K-Mart exclusive.

DarthQuack
08-11-2006, 05:33 PM
But now they have announced a date JT, all they told us was yes.

Total facial JT!!!!

JediTricks
08-11-2006, 05:58 PM
A date? They said "in 2007", I am pretty sure there are smaller increments of time involved in calendars than merely the year. And since Hasbro's plans are only at most 18 months in advance, the June answer also guaranteed it would be "2007" (not to mention they refuse to talk about anything beyond 2007, so it really should have been obvious without this "big reveal" :p).

Kidhuman
08-11-2006, 06:10 PM
The specific on Willrow Hood havent been announced, but they said it wont be in 07. See the difference. Just because they say they will do it, it could be 5 years, next month or sometime in 07. This is a more definitive answer than the one we got.

JediTricks
08-11-2006, 06:24 PM
That's different, that was a response to them suggesting they see it as something they'd NEVER do, their comment was merely to let people know that's not the case and to stop freaking out at them, they don't actually have a current plan to do him, they use terms like "eventually" and "no timetable", when that's the case with items in the Q&A they say the same thing, we'll get to it eventually but no timetable - it's a nice way of saying "it's not off the table for consideration, but no plans right now" - when they have a timetable they're not ready to comment on they say they're not ready to comment, when there's a timetable it's within 18 months because that's their general development timetable cap.

Willow Hood (the Ice Cream Maker Guy) seems to have a huge fan following among collectors. He even has enough of a fan following at Hasbro to be included in the joke wave presented during the Comic-Con panel.

Even though Willow didn't win the Toy Fare Fan's Choice poll, when can we expect to see him on the pegs? He'd make a nice two-pack if you paired him with a new super-articulated Bespin Han or Bespin Luke (hint, hint). You've got 12 more years ('til 2018), so you have to get to him eventually, right?

OK, it was cruel perhaps to include him (and Yarna) among a group that we would obviously never do. We WILL do Willrow eventually, but there is no timetable for his debut. In any case, it won't be in the 2007 line which is already put to bed.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-12-2006, 11:50 AM
I wonder how big the piece will be, and if it will be in one or two parts. Hopefully they won't make us buy any more straight pieces, as the nine we already have (three from individual WM sets, six from two K-Mart scenes) are more than enough.

JON9000
08-12-2006, 11:59 AM
You guys suck!

I missed it, I admit it, and what is even worse, I believe I submitted the question. Anyhow, my shame is overcome by my happiness at not only endpieces, but also the prospect of a DISTILLERY!!!

I cannot wait!! :love:

Blue2th
08-12-2006, 02:24 PM
The Distillery too huh? I guess I missed that one. That is cool! I wonder who there going to pack these pieces in with? There won't be any more Deluxe packs for a while. I don't think it'll be in a Battle Pack, but you never know.

Battle Droid
08-12-2006, 02:32 PM
I wonder if it'll be made out of IG-88 figure heads?

JediTricks
08-13-2006, 12:54 AM
I wonder how big the piece will be, and if it will be in one or two parts. They refer to the curve as "pieces" and "sections", since I believe the bar only has 1 curve in the movie I think we'll be getting maybe 2 semi-curves or more, this would also make it easier to sell more figures to complete the curve.

I missed it, I admit it, and what is even worse, I believe I submitted the question.Fear not, it was Turbowars who posted the question. :p

Anyhow, my shame is overcome by my happiness at not only endpieces, but also the prospect of a DISTILLERY!!!

The Distillery too huh? I guess I missed that one. That is cool!Don't get your hopes up too high, Hasbro has said nothing of the sort so far, it's just a wish-rumor as far as I know.

jedi master sal
08-13-2006, 07:36 AM
Heck as far as a distillery goes, that's easy to recreate yourself. Buy just about any plastic model that you might want to buil. carefully cut away the parts to the model to build. Then SAVE the trees. What I mean is the usually rectangle plastic pieces that the model pieces were attached to.
They are known as "trees" because they "branch" off. Anyway, becasue of this branching and the angles they already create, you've got piping perfect for the distillery. Just add some plastic boxes, cylinders and of course an IG-88 head to the ends of those smaller branches, paint as you see fit and BAM, you've GOT the distillery! And at no extra cost, other than the model, but that's why I said get a model you want.
Now if you don't model build, find a friend or a frined's dad who model builds. Chances are they have left over trees that they'd be willing to part with for nothing. If not that then try your local model store. They are building models there all the time, so they might have trees too, though they might charge a very modest price. Something like 50 cents per tree, but that's cheap. (Also if you do go to a model store, ask if they have any extra parts for kitbashing.)
Many times model stores will have a small box of parts that have gone unused for whatever reason and some of those may just fit for your distillery or any other SW diorama/custom.

-Sal

dindae
08-13-2006, 11:41 AM
Don't get your hopes up too high, Hasbro has said nothing of the sort so far, it's just a wish-rumor as far as I know.

I swore I read that in one of the Q & A answers. I just can't find it right now.

Rogue II
08-13-2006, 01:48 PM
I swore I read that in one of the Q & A answers. I just can't find it right now.

I thought I read that somewhere, too. I'm willing to put money down that if the distillery is indeed in the works, it comes with a re-released Wuher.

Since I didn't buy the K-Mart sets, I only have the 3 straight sections that came with the first wave. So, I'm hoping Hasbro releases some more straight sections to go with the curved parts. If there has to be a resculpt in the wave, hopefully it is Dr. Evazan.

JON9000
08-13-2006, 03:49 PM
Dr. Evazan.

I would really appreciate new figures at this point, but I know it represents a chance for Hasbro to dump their returns. A decent Dr. E. I would really be into, but Hasbro has released crappy ones so far and I think buying another crap version might send me over the edge.

El Chuxter
08-13-2006, 03:50 PM
They've released figures based upon the Goof Troop cartoon under the name "Dr Evazan." They have yet to release an actual Dr Evazan figure.

Rogue II
08-13-2006, 06:56 PM
I would really appreciate new figures at this point, but I know it represents a chance for Hasbro to dump their returns. A decent Dr. E. I would really be into, but Hasbro has released crappy ones so far and I think buying another crap version might send me over the edge.

Yes, we need new Cantina patron figures, but Hasbro loves resculpts. And of all the existing figures, Dr. Evazan is in most need of a resculpt.

They've released figures based upon the Goof Troop cartoon under the name "Dr Evazan." They have yet to release an actual Dr Evazan figure.

No re-paint in the world can save the POTF2 sculpt. That mold should be crushed by a steam roller and whatever is left should be thrown into a volcano...on Mercury.

JediTricks
08-13-2006, 07:46 PM
I thought I read that somewhere, too. Unless it's a site both myself and the RS staff have *never* seen before, I doubt it, both SSG and RS tally up all the Q&As every week and I don't see it on mine or theirs.

Battle Droid
08-13-2006, 08:15 PM
http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1153696374,23057,

Kidhuman
08-13-2006, 08:32 PM
Battel Droid, it comes up as invalid article when I clicked it.

Battle Droid
08-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Oops, now it should work.

Kidhuman
08-13-2006, 10:27 PM
Its working now, but I will quote it for everyone else.

1. As we already mentioned, the U-shaped portion of the Cantina bar that's been privately confirmed for a year or two now, is official for next year's 30th Anniversary line. No details on packaging or pack-ins though. Better yet, if all goes as planned, the Distillery portion of the bar will be arriving soon thereafter, in 2008, as Hasbro is just as anxious as the collectors to complete that great Cantina bar setup.

El Chuxter
08-13-2006, 10:59 PM
Great! Then they can get to making us some damend Ewoks.

Edit: Yeah, I see the typo, but it looks funny, so I'm leavin' it.

dindae
08-14-2006, 06:37 AM
JT you've never heard of Jedi Defender? :p

Thanks Battle Droid I'm glad I'm not going insane.

Rogue II
08-14-2006, 08:53 AM
JT you've never heard of Jedi Defender? :p

Thanks Battle Droid I'm glad I'm not going insane.

Yeah, thanks Battle Droid. That article has been quoted a few times now on this site.

kool-aid killer
08-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Like some of you guys, i would rather get an alien that hasnt been released yet with the curved section of the bar. However, like you guys also, i dont see that happening. I dont think the Dr. looks too terribly bad, his pose sucks but thats about it in my eyes. I dont know, im not expecting much out of this, except for the curved section of the bar of course.

Jargo
08-14-2006, 02:10 PM
three secions would make up a decent curve. They seem to be doing cantina figures in threes.

I'm totally interested in anything from te cantina but i shall be patient and wait til next year and see how the sets turn out.

JediTricks
08-14-2006, 02:48 PM
JT you've never heard of Jedi Defender? :pBarely, I've never visted them except when linked to by others, or now when I'm making sure other sites haven't answered questions on our Hasbro questions poll.

Anyway, I missed that article because it's not part of the Hasbro Q&A series. But I still am taking it with a grain of salt, there's no confirmation there of a distillery in that statement, just that one of the Hasbro guys said they'd LIKE to complete it - the Hasbro guys say they'd LIKE to have a Death Star playset too - and they say the curved section has been "privately confirmed" for 2 years which is way longer than needed if it was coming out today, which it's not.

dindae
08-14-2006, 03:11 PM
Barely, I've never visted them except when linked to by others, or now when I'm making sure other sites haven't answered questions on our Hasbro questions poll.

Just riding you a little. All in good fun. Can't say I have read their page before this instance either.:D

But I still am taking it with a grain of salt, there's no confirmation there of a distillery in that statement, just that one of the Hasbro guys said they'd LIKE to complete it - the Hasbro guys say they'd LIKE to have a Death Star playset too - and they say the curved section has been "privately confirmed" for 2 years which is way longer than needed if it was coming out today, which it's not.

I don't anything about it being "something they would LIKE to complete" but it does say "if all goes as planned" which means it is on the slate for 2008 which is a lot better than can be said for a Death Star playset. Now we all know things can change and the farther things are from coming the less you can count on the news. But I for one am hopeful.

JediTricks
08-14-2006, 04:01 PM
Just riding you a little. All in good fun. Can't say I have read their page before this instance either.:DWHAT THE...?!? YOU SUCK! :p

I don't anything about it being "something they would LIKE to complete" but it does say "if all goes as planned" which means it is on the slate for 2008 which is a lot better than can be said for a Death Star playset. Now we all know things can change and the farther things are from coming the less you can count on the news. But I for one am hopeful."If all goes as planned" could be the reason the curve was "confirmed" 2 years ago and still isn't in our hands though. I'm just saying, I'm going to be a little skeptical on this so I don't get my heart broken if Hasbro doesn't come through... it wouldn't be the first time that happened.

Val Da Car
08-25-2006, 09:33 PM
Can't I give the bar a warm/hot water bath and curve it to meet my needs.

Turbowars
08-26-2006, 08:56 AM
All I know is that if the curved sections come in 2-3 units, I want all new Cantina Aliens for each section. NO REHASH OR REPAINT! Then when the distillery is released I want 2-3 new figures and they could put it a battle pack kind of packaging.

DarkArtist
08-27-2006, 12:49 PM
I just hope Hasbro releases it with some decent figure and even perhaps the actual drink dispenser for the middle. rehashes are fine but at least give us a figure that looks good. hey this would be a great oppurtunity to make the curved section and pack in the Tonnika Sisters.:yes: