PDA

View Full Version : QUESTIONS FOR HASBRO - round 9

JediTricks
08-11-2006, 04:27 PM
Please post your VOTE for up to 4 (four) of the questions provided in this thread (yes, we've updated to max 4 votes), letting us know which ones you most want to see asked on Friday, August 25th. Keep in mind that your votes in round 8 do not count in this round, so if your question is still on the list, you may want to vote for it again.

Also, when submitting a new question post it separately from your votes, a moderator will later edit it, add it to the list, and delete the question's post to keep the thread clutter-free. Try to keep the questions as clear and concise as possible. Hasbro's answers from previous SSG questions (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=76); and from other sites (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=220).

Questions we're asking this week:
Could we get a US release of the Eopie Creature from the Episode I line which to date has only been released in non-US countries?
Why doesn't Hasbro include basic figure pack-ins that we can actually use (eg: clear stands; Mouse Droids; Senate Cams; Sith Probes; extra accessories like on and off lightsabers, commlinks, scanners, pilot headsets, oxygen masks, backpacks) instead of gimmicks like holo-minifigs and coins?
Which version of the Jedi Starfighter will be offered in the Titanium Series Ultra 6" Vehicle line, the Episode 2 or Episode 3 version?
Will the 501st Clonetrooper using the Super Articulated body ever be made available on a basic card?
In light of Hasbro making an ethnicity variation on the upcoming Endor Rebel Soldier figure, is there a possibility of ethnic variations for other figures that warrant it like a Black Bespin Guard or Rebel Pilot, especially since there was a Black Bespin Guard figure in the vintage Kenner line?
Is it an objective of Hasbro's to eventually make every character that had a speaking role in the films - whether or not they interacted with core characters - into action figures? Nearly all these characters have been given names by Lucasfilm or EU authors.Current questions (vote for up to 4):

- Could we get a re-release of the hard-to-find Expanded Universe figures from 1998?
- What is the status of Action Fleet under its original concept - minifigure interaction and true play features?
- What is the status of actual Micro Machines (the smallest vehicles Galoob regularly made in plastic)?
- What is the status of Playskool's Jedi Force line?

- Having met some of you at SD Comic-Con, where I've been able to talk to you and learn all sorts of things about the struggle involved in making these toys, I wonder if maybe you'd consider sharing a lot more of that with collectors in general? If not, why? - asked by Plasticfetish
- Back when you were posting updates about the Fan's Choice figure development on your site, it did a lot to generate interest. Any chance that you'd go back to doing somethig like that? If not, why?
- I've seen the Kenner and Galoob logos on a few things lately. Is that just a "special" thing, or are we looking to see a relaunch of some old brands?
- Are more properties aside from Battlestar Galactica and Star Wars and Transformers planned for the 3" vehicle and 6" Ultra Titanium lines?
- On the local level Hasbro gets only raw info on which items are selling at major retailers, but not specific trends such as what percentage are kids, collectors, hoarders, scalpers; nor why some figures sell poorly (is it a poor figure or the case ratio). Would Hasbro consider hiring collectors as area representatives for the Star Wars line?
- Will there be more Original Trilogy based 3 3/4" figure battlepacks?
- What are the chances of having a Collector's Society program where fans could buy toys directly (through HasbroToyShop.com perhaps, like how the GI Joe 3 3/4" line is currently offered) that Hasbro thinks wouldn't sell well in regular stores, such as an AT-TE, Sith Inflitrator, and new playsets?
- With each figure having at least 6 different "exclusive hologram figure" pack-ins, some collectors think these were created solely to sell multiples of the same figure to completists. What was the thinking behind these "exclusive hologram figure" pack-ins, and why change the color from blue to red when there were no red character holograms in the movies?
- What are the chances of seeing a relauch of the Collector Fleet series (the larger, electronic starships of the Rebel Blockade Runner, Imperial Star Destroyer, & the very-rare Super Star Destroyer from '96), with new entries such as ROTS ships like the Venator Class Star Destroyer and The Invisible Hand?
- Any chance of getting a figure of "Heater", the character name given to the human actor stand-in for Jabba in for A New Hope played by Declan Mullholland?
- Any chance of getting a Nute Gunray with robes and miter from Episode 2 and 3?
- Might you re-release the Naboo Fighter (last seen in Episode 2, for which there was no toy release) with appropriately-chromed aka vacuum-metallized sections?
- What's the chance of re-releasing older, harder-to-find figures (such as the Sio Bibble wave, the Admiral Motti wave, etc.)?
- Is there any way that Hasbro Toy Shop could be better-stocked than it is? There's rarely any new product on that site.
- In the future, will translucent ghost & hologram figures only be the all-blue style, or will we see more like the fully-colored translucent 2004 Luke and Obi-Wan figures?
- Canadaian collectors miss out on a many of the US-only store exclusives. Any chance Canadians could have every exclusive figure/vehicle/combination made available on shop.starwars.com after their shelf runs in the US stores?
- Why were there only 5 Vintage-style figures this year, and why was Empire Strikes Back left out of the line-up when there are such candidates as Snowtrooper, Bespin Luke, Bespin Han, the Hoth incarnations of Han, Luke, & Leia, and even ESB style Boba Fett waiting to be made?
- Is there any possibility of seeing a 7" Unleashed Clone Wars Animated wave?
- Removable lightsaber blades so Jedi figures could have saber accessories that were "on" or "off" and could be worn on their belts was a good concept, but this made the blades more fragile. Are there any plans to release Jedi figures - both main characters and secondary - with both solid one piece ignited lightsaber and "off" lightsaber hilt accessories?
- What is the status of the Holiday line? Any thoughts to a release of a Padme & Anakin with baby Luke manger type of scene?
- Will Hasbro ever produce a figure of the "Imperial Trooper in space" at the Death Star trench's guns watching as the Millennium Falcon is being tractored into the Death Star? This is different from the Expanded Universe Spacetrooper.
- Are you planning on releasing any new Neimoidian figures in 2007?
- With talk about the Expanded Universe figures returning in 2007, are the EU figures going to be short-packed like Scorch or will there be enough for everyone?
- Would Hasbro willing to create a catalog of replacement parts for those parts that break or get easily lost on vehicles and playsets so consumers can always get replacements even long after the toy has stopped manufacturing? If not, why not?
- Will the Republic Gunship turret from the 2002 Saga line's Clone Trooper Republic Gunship Pilot ever make a comeback? Will there be a version more in scale with the figures?
- Understanding that it's not currently possible for HasbroToyShop to offer a 1-of-every-figure subscription service, what about offering individual 1-of-every-figure-in-the-wave sets on the site when they come out, so a buyer can get all the unique figures in that wave at once without having to buy a full case with all its duplicates? Those duplicates could even be sold as individuals on HasbroToyShop.
- Are you planning on releasing any new Separatist Leader figures in 2007?
- If Hasbro feels that mid-sized vehicles is the way to go, then will we be seeing more airspeeders and landspeeders in the forseeable future? Some of the airspeeders are pretty much snubfighter sized.
- What is with the somewhat recent practice of putting the faces of Temuera Morrison and Bodie Taylor on helmeted troopers that we never see unmasked in the movies, especially those who likely are not clones (and if they are clones wouldn't be clones of Jango Fett since the DNA source was killed in Episode 2)?
- Many Imperial, Rebel, and other-faction lower-rank troopers seen in minor roles in the films have been given names and backstories in the EU. Any chance of seeing these minor individual 'grunts' released as individual character figures thus lending satisfaction for collectors when the names and individual likenesses of these troopers see action figure recognition, as well as another way of bringing greater variety to the various trooper ranks?
- Recently, you said some of the figure rumor lists are inaccurate. Will you debunk one of those rumored-to-be-coming-soon figures that Hasbro actually does not plan to release in any format in the next 18 months (any figure rumor of your choice)?
- Does the Star Wars team still have interest in seeing every original vintage figure that Kenner made redone in the modern line in some way (be it basic figure or otherwise), such as: Sim Aloo, Warok, Lumat, human B-wing Pilot, Hoth Rebel Technician / Tauntaun wrangler, black Bespin Security Guard, Woof (vintage Klaatu with the sheepskin), etc.? If so, any specific timeline for them?
- Eventually will all the Episode III Clone Commanders be released as an entire set?
- With the release of the George Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise and the Lucas Family Collection, can we expect to see a George Lucas the Director action figure in his trademarked flannel shirt and perhaps variations of old and young Lucas?
- Although we have two figures from the planet Utapau (Tion Medon and Utapaun Warrior, both Pau'an species), the ROTS planet had a second species seen in the film, the Utai - not major players in the film, but they have several moments of screen time making them at least as prominent as background characters such as the Mustafar Sentry or Neimoidian Warrior which are already figures - so are we likely to get any Utai in the near future?
- With Hasbro concentrating on mid-sized vehicles, will we ever see an AT-ST with more accurate details, ie: opening eye windows?
- Now that we have a new definitive Biker Scout, can we expect to see a more accurate Original Trilogy speederbike soon?
- Will there ever be a Fan's Choice Titanium Series Forged Figure?
- On the Saga (and currently shipping again as part of The Saga Collection's Endor wave) ROTJ Emperor Palpatine figure, why is the hood so oversized and why hasn't this been corrected?Vote now, and in separate posts, add new questions!

Battle Droid
08-11-2006, 05:15 PM
15, 26, 31, and 39.

Devo
08-11-2006, 07:40 PM
Ah. All 3 questions I wanted asked are being asked this week and one of them was a suggestion of mine. This pleases me. Anyway:

3, 34, 35, 36

El Chuxter
08-11-2006, 07:48 PM

Rogue II
08-11-2006, 07:55 PM
and saving one for later..

doch18
08-11-2006, 07:55 PM
# 11

# 30

# 31

# 36

dr_evazan22
08-11-2006, 08:39 PM
37 message still too short

sebillba
08-12-2006, 02:25 AM

sebillba
08-12-2006, 02:37 AM
I have a new question please.....

The Lars family were fairly major characters in AOTC, are there any plans to release figures of Cliegg (in hover chair), young Owen and Beru Whitesun? If so, who will be first, or will they get a simultaneous release?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-12-2006, 11:34 AM
19, 23, 35, and 38.

Blue2th
08-12-2006, 02:08 PM
First of all I'm happy the Eopie specific question is being asked! :thumbsup: .... I vote this round: #8, #13, #25, #39. Thanks.

Umbra
08-12-2006, 06:45 PM
As of right now, i'm interested in

33)

35)

I'll reserve the other two if something piques ny interest

JediTricks
08-12-2006, 08:04 PM
I have a new question please.....

The Lars family were fairly major characters in AOTC, are there any plans to release figures of Cliegg (in hover chair), young Owen and Beru Whitesun? If so, who will be first, or will they get a simultaneous release?Hasbro answered that back in June with "not at this time".

sebillba
08-13-2006, 06:12 AM
Dammit, sorry about that. I'm quite new to this thread, but did check back over Q&As for June and July, and didn't see this question, so I guess it was from a different site.

At least I got my answer, even if it's not what I wanted to hear! :cry:

LTBasker
08-13-2006, 06:57 AM

LTBasker
08-13-2006, 07:00 AM
Is there a limit on questions to submit at once? 'Cause this is like the tip of the iceberg. :p

-The Battle Droids we have gotten for AOTC and ROTS have been unable to support themselves, how come Hasbro has not used the same plastic they did for the POTJ Security Droid which can still support itself after all these years?
-With Hasbro concentrating on mid-sized vehicles, will we ever see an AT-ST with more accurate details, ie: opening eye windows?
-Will there ever be a Fan's Choice Titanium figure?
-Since the Expanded Universe is getting more attention is there any possibility of new minirigs?
-The VTSC Biker Scout has hips that allow him to sit on the speederbike, can we expect to see a more accurate trilogy speederbike soon?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-13-2006, 12:54 PM
JT, this is the second week in a row that we haven't had any questions answered while every other site has. What's the deal?

Rogue II
08-13-2006, 01:53 PM
-Since the Expanded Universe is getting more attention is there any possibility of new minirigs?

I'm pretty sure that was asked on one of the other sites Q&A and the answer was "not at this time."

Mad Slanted Powers
08-13-2006, 06:32 PM
JT, this is the second week in a row that we haven't had any questions answered while every other site has. What's the deal?I would like to know as well. I seem to have trouble figuring out where the answers are being posted. I think that the Just The FAQS section which is no longer used would be a good place, or else the new News section of the forums.

For this round, I'll vote for

Darth Jax
08-13-2006, 07:05 PM
13 - larger ships
33 - jango's face
36 - rerelease of all kenner figures

Warstar
08-13-2006, 07:24 PM
My votes are:

27 13 8 37

JediTricks
08-14-2006, 01:17 PM
Questions 40-41 added.

Dammit, sorry about that.
Don't worry about it. :)

Is there a limit on questions to submit at once? 'Cause this is like the tip of the iceberg. :pNot as of this time, but I am only human. ;)

-The Battle Droids we have gotten for AOTC and ROTS have been unable to support themselves, how come Hasbro has not used the same plastic they did for the POTJ Security Droid which can still support itself after all these years?2 different sites asked similar questions last month, the July 26th answers:
FFURG.com: As customizers, we often get a pretty intimate look at a figure. Usually while swapping parts, we get to see how the figure was produced, why a certain joint was used for an arm or leg, and why a certain part was sculpted a certain way. One thing that's puzzled us in recent years is the use of much softer plastic in the limbs of the newer figures when compared to Episode I and POTF2 figures. Why did you change to the softer plastic, which we feel is less durable?
Hasbro: I don't think you mean less durable, but rather not aesthetically pleasing, right? In any case, the durometer, a.k.a hardness, does vary both deliberately by figure and as an undesired manufacturing change. We are aware of the softness issues and are looking at that overall.

JediDefender.com: Figures like the battledroids from the last couple years have been criticized a lot lately due to the choice of plastic used in their construction. They're prone to falling over due to how flimsy it is, and fans are wondering what the reasons are behind those plastic choices? Any chance we'll see that improved upon in the future?
Hasbro: Yes, we are aware of the problem and are trying to improve. It's difficult with thin-walled figures like Battle Droids, because the harder the durometer (stiffness) of plastic, the more brittle and sharp they can become if they break, which is a safety hazard. We're looking at better ways of doing it but don't know if we'll be able to perfect a Battle Droid any time soon because of their design.

I'm not adding your "Will there ever be a Fan's Choice Titanium figure?" at this point simply because I have reason to believe the Titanium Forged Figures are already cancelled.

Since the Expanded Universe is getting more attention is there any possibility of new minirigs?Answered back on July 19th:
Action-Figure.com: Will you be doing any new or rereleased Mini Rigs or nice cheap price point vehicles?
Hasbro: We have no plans to go back to the Mini-Rig idea right now. The problem is that most of tehse don't exist in the movies (or EU) so when we do "small" vehicles it's better to concentrate on Speeder Bikes and vehicles that are in the fantasy. So if we go to small vehicles, that's probably where we'll look.

JT, this is the second week in a row that we haven't had any questions answered while every other site has. What's the deal?Actually, it's the 3rd week in a row. :( Because of the confusion around their scheduling issues regarding SDCC, we did not get questions for July 26th, and were unable to send questions that week. The next week, there was another miscommunication and those questions got sent in too late to be answered. Last week we sent in our questions on time but learned they won't be answering any questions until a week later, so we're unfortunately is going a month without Hasbro Q&As, it's very disappointing.

I would like to know as well. I seem to have trouble figuring out where the answers are being posted. I think that the Just The FAQS section which is no longer used would be a good place, or else the new News section of the forums.It's the same article every time, same URL, I just update the posting date when it's updated, and I link to both in the opening posts of these Questions Voting threads, and I start a new thread with that week's answers.

dindae
08-14-2006, 01:58 PM
Actually, it's the 3rd week in a row. :( Because of the confusion around their scheduling issues regarding SDCC, we did not get questions for July 26th, and were unable to send questions that week. The next week, there was another miscommunication and those questions got sent in too late to be answered. Last week we sent in our questions on time but learned they won't be answering any questions until a week later, so we're unfortunately is going a month without Hasbro Q&As, it's very disappointing.

So are we getting a mega answer session friday or are we loosing a week?

Rogue II
08-14-2006, 04:02 PM
Question 10 can probably be eliminated because of recent news releases, and, no one is voting for it.

Blue2th
08-14-2006, 05:31 PM
I'm not adding your "Will there ever be a Fan's Choice Titanium figure?" at this point simply because I have reason to believe the Titanium Forged Figures are already cancelled.

What?!! They are? I was just beginning to like these. Have you heard anything concrete on this matter? It wouldn't suprise me. All the new ones I saw at SDCC sure looked good. Bummer :(

Kidhuman
08-14-2006, 06:15 PM
ok, 41, 8, 28, and one more to hold on too in case new ??'s pops up

figrin bran
08-15-2006, 12:14 AM
and i'll hold a place for 3 others.

JediTricks
08-15-2006, 02:05 PM
What?!! They are? I was just beginning to like these. Have you heard anything concrete on this matter? It wouldn't suprise me. All the new ones I saw at SDCC sure looked good. Bummer :(Nothing concrete, but I have heard that retailers who ordered the C-3PO/Grievous wave are having their orders cancelled, and I heard Hasbro was talking at SDCC about perhaps dumping the line.

El Chuxter
08-15-2006, 03:40 PM
Here's a question for Hasbro:

"Given that you maintain that the 7" Unleashed line is a financial failure, what in the name of God and all that's holy possessed you to make a line of equally expensive, equally non-poseable metal figures who, for the most part, look almost identical to the plastic versions that cost 1/3 as much?"

:p

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-16-2006, 11:24 AM
Actually, it's the 3rd week in a row. Because of the confusion around their scheduling issues regarding SDCC, we did not get questions for July 26th, and were unable to send questions that week. The next week, there was another miscommunication and those questions got sent in too late to be answered. Last week we sent in our questions on time but learned they won't be answering any questions until a week later, so we're unfortunately is going a month without Hasbro Q&As, it's very disappointing.
So, will we ever see the answers to those questions?

JediTricks
08-16-2006, 03:10 PM
Question 42 added.

So, will we ever see the answers to those questions?They've actually been very good about that so far, I will work to ensure they get answered but I doubt I'll need to.

What?!! They are? I was just beginning to like these. Have you heard anything concrete on this matter? It wouldn't suprise me. All the new ones I saw at SDCC sure looked good. Bummer
Nothing concrete, but I have heard that retailers who ordered the C-3PO/Grievous wave are having their orders cancelled, and I heard Hasbro was talking at SDCC about perhaps dumping the line.Well, since I posted that, Steve put up news of EE getting a new case listing for these 2, so maybe they were just revising the cases and are going to give it another go. I'll add Basker's question to the list.

El Chuxter
08-16-2006, 03:52 PM
Uh, JT, I meant my "question" to be totally tongue-in-cheek. :)

Blue2th
08-16-2006, 04:56 PM
Well, since I posted that, Steve put up news of EE getting a new case listing for these 2, so maybe they were just revising the cases and are going to give it another go. I'll add Basker's question to the list.
I saw that, so there is hope, though there is no guarantee. Hasbro can still cancel at any time without warning. I've had it happen at least three times before and EE had no control over it. It's just one of those things.

Dark Marble
08-16-2006, 05:29 PM
I vote for 19, 29, 36, and 41.

JediTricks
08-16-2006, 06:09 PM
Question 10 stricken.

Uh, JT, I meant my "question" to be totally tongue-in-cheek. Gee, thanks for wasting my time. I'll remove it... gone.

I saw that, so there is hope, though there is no guarantee. Hasbro can still cancel at any time without warning. I've had it happen at least three times before and EE had no control over it. It's just one of those things.I strongly suspect that if the line even makes it to 3PO and Grievous, they will be the last ones in the line, but I'd definitely suggest any interested parties order now in case they make it out in short supply if nothing else.

Blue2th
08-16-2006, 06:29 PM
I strongly suspect that if the line even makes it to 3PO and Grievous, they will be the last ones in the line, but I'd definitely suggest any interested parties order now in case they make it out in short supply if nothing else.
I was just debating that with myself. I have just made it under the wire on a few cancelled items at EE. He who procrastinates...yada, yada.

El Chuxter
08-16-2006, 06:41 PM
Gee, thanks for wasting my time. I'll remove it... gone.

Sorry, JT Doggy Dogg. I thought you'd recognize it as a mean-spirited jab at Hasbro that was based upon the comments preceding it.

TheDarthVader
08-18-2006, 09:53 AM

Kidhuman
08-18-2006, 11:59 AM
My last vote to #30

JediTricks
08-18-2006, 04:01 PM
Votes counted.

BTW, I made a slight goof in the opening post and have now rectified it, I put the end-date of this poll as Aug 18th (today) even though I knew when I started it that Hasbro wasn't taking questions today due to a Rhode Island state holiday, so this poll is open until the 25th.

Banthaholic
08-19-2006, 12:08 AM
14. - Any chance of getting a figure of "Heater", the character name given to the human actor stand-in for Jabba in for A New Hope played by Declan Mullholland?

16 Might you re-release the Naboo Fighter (last seen in Episode 2, for which there was no toy release) with appropriately-chromed aka vacuum-metallized sections?

24. What is the status of the Holiday line? Any thoughts to a release of a Padme & Anakin with baby Luke manger type of scene?

25. Will Hasbro ever produce a figure of the "Imperial Trooper in space" at the Death Star trench's guns watching as the Millennium Falcon is being tractored into the Death Star? This is different from the Expanded Universe Spacetrooper.

Dark Marble
08-22-2006, 08:18 AM
I think I would like to change mine to 19, 35, 36, and 41.

JediTricks
08-22-2006, 03:35 PM
Question 43 added.

That was my question, so I'm counting it as my first vote, and my other votes for this week:

2) Action Fleet

3) Micro Machines

16) Chrome Naboo Fighter

Rogue II
08-22-2006, 03:40 PM
#41 (and I'll use one of my votes on 43 next week)

We have quite a log jam with all these questions that were not asked in the previous weeks.

Kidhuman
08-22-2006, 07:14 PM
They were asked, but not answered.

JediTricks
08-22-2006, 08:47 PM
It's not a logjam, it's merely a backlog, hopefully they'll just answer them all the way they have for other sites when this has happened. I won't let it back up our current questions.

JediTricks
08-25-2006, 02:38 PM
Round 9 here is now closed, look for the round 10 thread soon, and thanks again to everybody who voted. All deleted question posts will now be undeleted.