PDA

View Full Version : Who got Robbed?

darth chuck
01-28-2002, 12:21 AM
We all know of the characters which had about 1-2 seconds of screen time and have action figures, but which character(s) had the most screen time/speaking role, but has so far been cheated out of a figure?

Three immediately come to mind for me:

Captain Antilles
General Rieekan
Nemoidian pilot/navigator guys

LTBasker
01-28-2002, 12:48 AM
Well, General Dodonna, he had a few lines during the briefing scene and then when they would switch back to Yavin IV base during the battle and he would be there with Leia.
Alot of the skiff guards are being jipped, especially a few of the ones from Luke's skiff.
and a heck of alot of Rebel pilots.

Lord Tenebrous
01-28-2002, 10:00 AM
Admiral Piett
Emperor from TESB

El Chuxter
01-28-2002, 10:24 AM
Moff Jerjerrod
Jabba the Hutt
Most of the Ewoks, but especially Chief Chirpa

Beast
01-28-2002, 12:16 PM
Some possible good news is on the horizen for one of these charecters. A figure listed as "Rebel Officer" is showing up on lists for this year, and according to a german figure website the charecter is from ANH. Makes sense since this is the year of the 25th Anniversary.

Since it's supposed to be an ANH rebel officer, that leaves only two possibilities. General Jan Dodonna and Captain Antillies. I think it will be Dodonna myself, since he appeared by name on the "possible for 2002" list that slipped out a few months ago.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jedi master sal
01-28-2002, 12:22 PM
I can't believe you guys forgot General Reikaan (ESB)
LT. Toryn F... forgot last name. She was the hoth rebel with the bun hairdo similar to Leia in ANH. (Faryn?)
The olive drab uniformed Imp officer walking with Vader on the TantiveIV. Heck any Imp officer in the olive drab uniform. (counter to the Black clad Imp Ofcr). (including any variety of Star Destroyer Captains or Admirals).{RANK insignia specific.}

Lord Tenebrous
01-28-2002, 12:47 PM
Toryn Farr would be nice, but I don't think she spoke.

Rieeken was mentioned in the first post.

I don't think any Imperial Lieutenants or Commanders spoke much.

So we still need Captain Lorth Needa, Admiral Crane Ozzel, Captain Sorel Piett, General Tagge, and Colonel Wulf Yularen

On the Rebel side we have General Jan Dodonna, Del Goren, Colonel Feyn Gospic, Sargeant Eiew Hollis, Commander Bob Hudsol, Commander Evram Lajaie, General Ralph McQuarrie, General Carlist Rieekan, Captain Sesfan, and Commander Vanden Willard

bigbarada
01-28-2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Some possible good news is on the horizen for one of these charecters. A figure listed as "Rebel Officer" is showing up on lists for this year, and according to a german figure website the charecter is from ANH. Makes sense since this is the year of the 25th Anniversary.

Since it's supposed to be an ANH rebel officer, that leaves only two possibilities. General Jan Dodonna and Captain Antillies. I think it will be Dodonna myself, since he appeared by name on the "possible for 2002" list that slipped out a few months ago.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Didn't Captain Antilles wear the same uniform as the Rebel Fleet Troops? It's possible Hasbro might recycle the POTJ body with a new head and call it Captain Antilles.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-28-2002, 04:15 PM
If in fact that was Capt. Antilles that Vader choked (I've heard rumors), his outfit had more brown and yellow, I believe, than the Rebel Fleet Troopers.

Some possible good news is on the horizen for one of these charecters. A figure
listed as "Rebel Officer" is showing up on lists for this year, and according to a
german figure website the charecter is from ANH.

Could this Rebel Officer be the Rebel Fleet Trooper with knee articulation?

I'd make this list:
Paploo
Handmaidens in orange
"Storm's comin,' Annie" lady (I always forget her name)
Adm. Tagge
Tonnika Sisters (Yeah, hardly any sceen time, I know)

Beast
01-28-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
If in fact that was Capt. Antilles that Vader choked (I've heard rumors), his outfit had more brown and yellow, I believe, than the Rebel Fleet Troopers.

Could this Rebel Officer be the Rebel Fleet Trooper with knee articulation?

Nope, it was listed sepratly on the list from the Rebel Fleet Trooper. So it looks like we will finally get 1 of the OT rebel officers made. Now lets see Capt. Antilles, General Riekeen, and General Madine. And then some of the imperial officers. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
01-28-2002, 05:01 PM
I hope they don't make Antilles out of the Rebel Trooper mold so it looks like he's trying to choke Vader too. :rolleyes: It'd be cool if they made him articulated and put him in a neutral stance instead of him being pre-posed as being choked since we only got translucent Vaders for the POTJ line and people might not have a normal Vader. And he should come with a clear plastic stand to go under his legs that would be sturdy enough to help hold him and Vader up.

Btw, Antilles' costume was along the lines of the same as the Rebel Fleet trooper but I think it wasn't as baggy and the colors were tannish brown as the pants and shirt, not sure about the other colors though. Just pop in A New Hope, not like you gotta go through half the movie. :happy:

stillakid
01-28-2002, 09:21 PM
Midichlorians! They're in every scene with Luke, Vader, Emperor, Yoda, Obi Wan, Qui Gon, and Anakin! They get more "screen time" than anybody else!

Emperor Howdy
01-28-2002, 10:21 PM
ok.....what am I missing? Didn't we get a Captain Piett? :eek:

.......and how about a REAL Jabba?....or the "echuta" 3po droid?

Lord Tenebrous
01-28-2002, 10:34 PM
My bad...I thought it was Admiral Piett. :stupid:

Mandalorian Candidat
01-29-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by stillakid
Midichlorians! They're in every scene with Luke, Vader, Emperor, Yoda, Obi Wan, Qui Gon, and Anakin! They get more "screen time" than anybody else!

Well of course Hasbro made midichlorians! There are literally millions in each jedi/sith figure. You just have to cut them open to find them.

Darkross
01-29-2002, 10:46 AM
How about Captain Needa, Admiral Ozzel, Red Leader, Zev (Rogue 2), Hologram Darth Vader from ESB, Imperial Dignitary, Moff Jerjerod to name a few?

Bel-Cam Jos
01-29-2002, 10:52 AM
Jerjerrod? How could I forget him?
As for Hologram Vader, that would be his, oh I don't know, EIGHTH figure or so. I'd hardly consider that being "robbed."

How about the "fake" Wedge in Yavin 4 briefing room? Is that a resculpt? :p

Darkross
01-29-2002, 11:05 AM
Hologram Vader was a joke....he never said anything in ESB! That's the irony in my suggestion.

stillakid
01-29-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat

Well of course Hasbro made midichlorians! There are literally millions in each jedi/sith figure. You just have to cut them open to find them.

Maybe we could use our Jedi Points to redeem them.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-30-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Darkross
Hologram Vader was a joke....he never said anything in ESB! That's the irony in my suggestion.

Forgive me, my master. I did not mean to question you. I failed to notice the irony. I offer a BSLOS for my error:

"I come home at 3 a.m.
She's still up watching Vacation..."

:dead:

Darkross
01-30-2002, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos

Forgive me, my master. I did not mean to question you. I failed to notice the irony. I offer a BSLOS for my error:

"I come home at 3 a.m.
She's still up watching Vacation..."

:dead:

I think that Hasbro should release the AT-AT hologram projector that was in ESB. It would be cool to have a REAL hologram of Darth Vader on your desk at work to ward off unwanted visitors! But we all know how likely that would be! Hasbro would probably screw it up and have it project a hologram of JAR-JAR instead! EX-SQUEEZE ME!