PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to fall in love over the internet?

bobafrett
08-12-2006, 12:07 AM
I am curious if it is possible to have only met someone through an online chat room, see only one picture, exchange words, then phone numbers and to fall in love with that person having never met them?

Such is the situation I am currently confronted with. If you don't hear much from me, or less than I already get on here, it's because I have spent hours IMing, and talking with this person on the phone. Did I mention she lives on the East coast, and I live near Chicago? Am I crazy? Have I been out of touch with the real (dating) world for that long?

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

stillakid
08-12-2006, 12:13 AM
to fall in love with that person having never met them?

Yes, it is possible. But like any "affair," remember that you are only seeing the best of what she wants to show you as you most likely are doing with her. Like any relationship, you are probably in the initial stages where the attention you're getting is very attractive. When you do finally meet, it will be stage 2 with another "meeting" period as you discover new things about one another. Only after that, can you know if this attraction and love will last.

My advice (if you care)? Life is short so embrace your feelings wholeheartedly, but also proceed cautiously, if only to protect your own heart in case she doesn't share your feelings. But don't waste too much time wondering...life is short and tonight is one less that you'll have to spend with her if she is the one. You'll never ever get this time back......

JimJamBonds
08-12-2006, 02:12 AM
"What's love Ron?"

- Brian Fantana to Ron Burgundy

2-1B
08-12-2006, 03:54 AM
I'm not feeling it Frett, the situation you described seems a bit odd to me. If you met this woman online and met up in person several times and THEN started with these questions, I think it could be legit.

But having no personal meeting yet? I can't see it, I think there's way too much room for someone to project his or her fantasy onto the un-met person, if that makes any sense? :D

Kidhuman
08-12-2006, 07:07 AM
Is it possible....yes. I actually met my wife online, but we met in person after a few months of talking and 6 years later we are still together.

El Chuxter
08-12-2006, 08:59 AM
After swearing I'd never date anyone I met online, I met my wife on the net shortly after I moved to California. We've been together almost as long as KH and SweetRain. I would have to say you need to meet her before you conclude you're in love, though, since it sounds more like infatuation at this point from what you've told us.

JON9000
08-12-2006, 05:19 PM
I think Kip and Lafawnduh settled that one.

kool-aid killer
08-12-2006, 05:45 PM
LOL. Im picturing Frett with a do-rag, diamond encrusted grill, and a spinning necklace with a stormtrooper helmet design in the middle, opening up all his posts with a "wat it do?" comment.

InsaneJediGirl
08-12-2006, 10:44 PM
I'm with kidhuman and stillakid. As for anyone in online dating/meeting,arent we all presenting our best front when we like someone? I certainly wouldnt act the way I do with my friends if I was trying to find someone. They would run lol :)

JediTricks
08-12-2006, 11:45 PM
Generally it's tough to find on the internet, it's too easy to let your imagination and expectations do all the real connecting.

Let me spin a yarn for you, back in 1997 when the web was fairly new and I was only talking on the net about Babylon 5 - on the official B5 Warner Bros website live chatroom, specifically - there was a good number of regulars, we all were pals and hung out and talked about B5 and Star Wars and Trek and life and whatnot, and there was the occasional attempt by a female chat-er to get web-intimate, I didn't go in for that sort of thing but I got approached a lot and I knew a lot of the others did too, some actually took them up on it and either cybered or made web-relationships or whatever. Two of them made a "love connection" though, they were adults (I believe at least in their mid-20s) and had what they felt was a real loving relationship brewing between them. After a short while, weeks or maybe months, she ended up moving in with him (moving a thousand miles away from where she lived, mind you) and they spent a couple weeks together. Then, one day, he answered the phone and it was her husband. He spoke to her husband and her mother, and learned that she was mentally ill and occasionally would have an episode where she'd forget she had a husband and kids and a life, eventually she'd snap back to reality and confusion and heartache would ensue - she was being medically treated for this even. Her mother soon came to pick her up, and he was an emotional wreck for quite a while.

Here's my advice: have fun with it if you want (and think you can keep it in check), but don't expect anything real out of it, don't let it take the place of real human interaction, and be very very careful.

2-1B
08-13-2006, 12:36 AM
If I may borrow from my good friend Hayders,

"No, no JT, it's because I'm SO in love with you."

lol

That's creepy about that guy and the crazy woman though, he's lucky he didn't end up with a slit throat or something. :(

CaptainSolo1138
08-14-2006, 07:12 AM
I met mabudon online and loved him even more after I met him.

El Chuxter
08-14-2006, 08:36 AM
Is it possible to love mabudon any more?

mabudonicus
08-14-2006, 08:47 AM
for 29.95 a month, no credit cards, no dialers, you BET it is ;)

:beard:

Bel-Cam Jos
08-14-2006, 04:23 PM
A good friend of mine met her husband online, and he's become a good friend, too. They have two boys, and another on the way, over a 5-6+ year marriage. So that's a good example. JediTricks's creepy one is something he simply made up, like his "Babylon S" show (c'mon, JT, at least come up with a believable name... :p), so ignore it.

but seriously, I'd use ol' Ben's comment: "we must be cautious." (hopefully not the "scum and villany" one :D ).

Luuuuuuke
08-14-2006, 08:59 PM
I think it's possible to fall in love via the Internet just like I think it's possible to fall in love with a Pen Pal. But it's also very possible to quickly fall out of love as soon as you meet said person in the flesh.

Having said that, I think it's easier for women to fall in love sight-unseen than for guys. I've seen attractive women with rather ugly dudes, but rarely the reverse. Which tells me that among other things, women are more likely to fall in love with someone based on their personality, their words, their sense of humor--in other words, things you don't have to 100% be there to experience. Guys are more superficial.

So sure, you could fall in love, but I wouldn't necessarily count on staying in love when you meet someone. It's too easy to pull a snow job on someone via the net.

bobafrett
08-14-2006, 09:48 PM
Well, I got to talk with her over the weekend. We would spend hours on the phone chatting. I don't have the job, the finances, nor the ability to go meet her in person. She told me she loves me, but you are right, we only show our "good" sides when we initially enter a relationship. I haven't had a temper tantrum, or complained about work or said I'd rather spend my money on Star Wars figures than buying a dinner.

I'm going to take it slowly, and if things work out, great, if not, oh well. I'm just afraid that I might fall in love, and end up broken hearted, because I have been without love for so long now.

My sister did meet her husband on the internet. He lived in Texas, and she lived in Minnesota. She flew down and met him, he flew up to see her, next thing I know tey got married at the "Mall of America" in Minneapolis. Now they live in New Hampshire, and are raising 5 kids. Who da figured?

2-1B
08-14-2006, 11:54 PM
Having said that, I think it's easier for women to fall in love sight-unseen than for guys. I've seen attractive women with rather ugly dudes, but rarely the reverse. Which tells me that among other things, women are more likely to fall in love with someone based on their personality, their words, their sense of humor--in other words, things you don't have to 100% be there to experience. Guys are more superficial.

Not sure I agree with that, I seem to have observed the opposite...how often do you see fat women with decent looking guys vs. seeing fat dudes with decent looking women? Regarding the Fat Factor, I see a disproportionate amount of men settling for big'uns vs. woman doing the same.

I'll have to think more about this but my initial reaction is to disagree based on my perceptions which seem to differ from yours. I'll think about it some more. :)

InsaneJediGirl
08-15-2006, 11:48 PM
Both men and women are shallow,but I really think men get a bad rap for it. As Cae observed,I have also seen a lot of men with chunky girls,while I'm hard pressed to find a semi-attractive woman with a guy of similar proportion.

Human nature to look at the good ones?Sure,but you guys just dont hide it well,you cant turn your head and totally look. ;-) Maybe thats where the shallow part comes into play? I'd have to say both men and women are equal on it as a whole

Luuuuuuke
08-16-2006, 10:33 AM
Maybe it's regional, cause man, around here in L.A., I see a lot of pretty girls with Cro-Magnon looking dudes. This particularly seems to be the case when it comes to gang member types. I grew up in the Eastside and I can't tell you how many times I've seen nice, pretty looking girls with ugly looking dudes with Raider jerseys.

I've seen some average to average ugly looking to nondescript guys with ugly women, but I have never seen a truly good looking dude with an ugly woman. Never. But I'm sure what you guys say is true. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Jargo
08-16-2006, 10:59 AM
I think lust and infatuation and wishful thinking are what you get from online relationships. without meeting a person it's all just simple fantasy. the feelings might appear real but unless you meet a person and interact with them and see their eyes and body language, until you get close enough to tell if they're chemically attractive and matched to you, it's never going to be real love.
Attraction and stimulation and common ground are only the base level, you can't know anything else until you've hung around with someone for a while.

however, interweb worldwide net crap can build a very strong base level that a relationship can grow upon. I was talking to someone online for 18 months before meeting them and within a couple of days og hanging around stuff together knew that it was feeling like love. before hat it'd been lust or just damn cool but once the feelings appeared I knew it was right and I've been having a long distance relationship with the person ever since. working excellently I must say. I just got back from a long weekend break with my lover and it just keeps geting better and better. sometime next year my lover is moving up here to be nearer. we're just taking it easy and slowly, making sure it's really the right thing to do and not rushing into decisions too fast and then fudging it all up.

slowly slowly catchy monkey as some say - apparently...

Bel-Cam Jos
08-16-2006, 06:19 PM
I haven't had a temper tantrum, or complained about work or said I'd rather spend my money on Star Wars figures than buying a dinner.But I heard that those are some of the traits women are into these days... :rolleyes:

He lived in Texas, and she lived in Minnesota. She flew down and met him, he flew up to see her, next thing I know tey got married at the "Mall of America" in Minneapolis. Now they live in New Hampshire, and are raising 5 kids. Who da figured?Well, they have a headstart on completing the sticker set of all 50 states!

Slicker
09-01-2006, 07:14 PM
My advice (if you care)? Life is short so embrace your feelings wholeheartedly, but also proceed cautiously, if only to protect your own heart in case she doesn't share your feelings. But don't waste too much time wondering...life is short and tonight is one less that you'll have to spend with her if she is the one. You'll never ever get this time back......I don't think it can be said any better.

I've never been in an online relationship but I'm open for anything. I forsee many of them in my future come the beginning of the year and I'll keep an open mind because you truly never know what's gonna happen.

Has anything progressed with the "relationship" of late, Barry?

scruffziller
09-03-2006, 06:20 AM
Be afraid, be very afraid.

bobafrett
09-12-2006, 03:49 PM
update. I decided to go with Yahoo Personals, and found a woman in the same town. We are going on a date Saturday, but she called me today and we met for lunch. We kissed. It felt great after being out of the park for a long time, and now I'm back into the ballgame!

2-1B
09-12-2006, 07:44 PM
Good luck, Frett! :)

(I hope you took off your Stormie helmet before leaning in to plant one on her? :grin: )

bobafrett
09-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Well, you know, I'm going from part time Stormtrooper to full time Stud! Booyah!

I'm waiting for her to call me back right now. Just bidding my time whilest I wait.

2-1B
09-12-2006, 10:45 PM
Is that another EU conception, the StudTrooper? lol lol lol

Really though, good luck in your quest. :)

bobafrett
09-13-2006, 02:35 AM
Um, well, she called and said she was going to the store to get a gallon of milk, but the store she was going too was closer to my house then her own. I offered to come meet her at the store to get a goodnight kiss, and somehow several hours later and a tour of my house, we ended up getting the milk, and my hair went from neat to messy. I'd say it was a successful quest!

If that is what you meant by quest.

Banthaholic
09-13-2006, 10:27 AM
I take it your hair didn't get messy from showing off your stromtrooper helmet or tusken mask :)

Way to go man! Hopefully things work for you!

Kidhuman
09-13-2006, 11:25 PM
Three &'s for Frett

bobafrett
09-13-2006, 11:31 PM
The sad thing is, I'm thinking, to myself "Lets see, nice dinner and a movie will cost me X number of Star Wars figures". But she seems to like me, and we have plans for tomoorrow night. So far I've only bought her one McDonalds coffee, and been shown more affection than I could imagine.

JetsAndHeels
09-13-2006, 11:35 PM
So far I've only bought her one McDonalds coffee, and been shown more affection than I could imagine.

Dude, imagine if you buy her a combo meal!!

Seriously, good luck man. You deserve it!!

2-1B
09-13-2006, 11:50 PM
Frett, as I've separated myself from the collecting addiction over the last several years, I'm finding that I enjoy spending money on activities far more than I do on "stuff" if that makes sense? :confused:

For instance, I don't mind overpaying for a meal from time to time if I'm enjoying it with friends and the comraderie that comes with it...kind of like going out to the movies. Yes the prices are outrageous when compared to a rental price or some piece of Star Wars merch I could buy, but it's the experience that I savor. So whereas it would be a rare thing for me to drop ten bucks on some SW figs, I don't hesitate to drop it at the cinema. If you enjoy spending time with this lady, then go for it and enjoy that over some collectibles. I'm not saying you would be wrong to choose collecting over a date, that's totally up to you, I'm just saying that if you are hesitant, give it a try and see what's more important to you.

Of course, don't let her walk over you and take whatever she can get in terms of comped meals, there is a certain give and take when it comes to fun nights out vs financially responsibilities.

Anyway what were we talking about ? lol lol lol

Seriously though, good luck and I hope it works out well for you. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-14-2006, 04:47 PM
and somehow several hours later and a tour of my house, we ended up getting the milk
I'll say! :eek:

Slicker
09-14-2006, 06:34 PM
You and I are the same way, Cae. I actually ENJOY spending money on other people. It makes me feel good to know that the money I spent gave others a good time...and if it's with a lady it may just give me a good time as well.:yes:

Good on ya, Frett. I hope there's alot more in your future.:love:

JimJamBonds
09-15-2006, 12:48 AM
You and I are the same way, Cae. I actually ENJOY spending money on other people. It makes me feel good to know that the money I spent gave others a good time...

Great to hear Slick, since you just told us the above I'll be sending you a p.m. with my home addy so you can send my some money (as much or as little as you like) and I'll make sure I have a good time spending it. lol

bobafrett
09-15-2006, 02:00 PM
Well, i just spent 13 hours straight with her, and we still haven't been on our first date yet. I'm tired, but got to much to do yet.

Slicker
09-15-2006, 02:56 PM
13 hours?!

Damn, Frett. You're a champ for the ages.:thumbsup:

2-1B
09-15-2006, 08:36 PM
I'm so happy for Frett that I just thought about Caesar knocking one out so I just HAD to knock one out myself.

I don't look quite as good as Dane Cook did in that Vicious Circle bit on HBO...but I can hold my own against him. :)

bobafrett
09-16-2006, 12:13 AM
Part of that time was sleeping in each others arms. Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do on our first date tomorrow night. I have a few ideas for dinner places, but do I take her to a movie? Or Bowling (she bowls on a league)? Maybe a walk?

And that's "old Man Frett" you youngsters!

2-1B
09-16-2006, 12:48 AM
Damnit that is hilarious, all these rendevous events yet there hasn't been a "first date" yet. Classic, old man frett, just classic. :)

Hey if you can still play the game, I say keep swingin, Pops. :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
09-16-2006, 01:11 AM
Damnit that is hilarious, all these rendevous events yet there hasn't been a "first date" yet. Classic, old man frett, just classic. :)

Hey if you can still play the game, I say keep swingin, Pops. :thumbsup:

Don't ever, ever change your avatar and sig.

Hey Frett, sounds like you've already had the first date. Just keep doin what youre doin!!

2-1B
09-16-2006, 01:15 AM
Don't ever, ever change your avatar and sig.

But, but, but, but what if I want to pay homage to The Rick down the road sometime? :(

JetsAndHeels
09-16-2006, 09:36 AM
But, but, but, but what if I want to pay homage to The Rick down the road sometime? :(

You mean to tell me The Rick is more important to you than Madden? Come on man, snap out of it!! Madden transcends all time, knowledge and space. I will just pretend you didn't say that. :D

Slicker
09-16-2006, 12:20 PM
Part of that time was sleeping in each others arms. Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do on our first date tomorrow night. I have a few ideas for dinner places, but do I take her to a movie? Or Bowling (she bowls on a league)? Maybe a walk?

And that's "old Man Frett" you youngsters!Definitely dinner and a movie. Since she bowls in a league bowling isn't anything new. You've gotta keep her guessing...besides if she bowls in a league she can no doubts whoop all on you and you don't need that.:thumbsup:

bobafrett
09-16-2006, 03:29 PM
I'm thinking dinner and a walk. She loves to kiss so much that my tongue was fatigued, and I needed last night to recover. There is a beautiful walking area out in Naperville that I saw during an art show several years back.

Rocketboy
09-16-2006, 10:14 PM
I'd say yes to the walk or bowling and no to a movie for the simple fact it's hard to talk and get to know someone in a theater (besides, you'd really tick everyone off of you did!).

You mean to tell me The Rick is more important to you than Madden? Come on man, snap out of it!! Madden transcends all time, knowledge and space. I will just pretend you didn't say that. :DJohn Madden is an idiot.

JimJamBonds
09-16-2006, 11:10 PM
"Have some chicken... maybe some s^^"
-Champ Kind in Anchorman

2-1B
09-16-2006, 11:50 PM
I'd say yes to the walk or bowling and no to a movie for the simple fact it's hard to talk and get to know someone in a theater (besides, you'd really tick everyone off of you did!).

True....but if they went to the movies they could be like young lovers and sit in the back row to work out that Gungan tongue of hers. :thumbsup:

bobafrett
09-17-2006, 05:27 PM
We went to eat at a nice pizzeria that was in an old firehouse. Afterwards we were less than two blocks from the riverwalk, and we spent an hour + walking along the river, listening to live music eminating from certain bars, they had a live band, and it sounded like an original band from the 70's playing their hits, but I couldn't remember the name.

I drove her home this morning on my way to work.

2-1B
09-17-2006, 06:53 PM
"This morning" ? :eek:

Slicker
09-18-2006, 03:58 PM
I think we can all fill in the blanks...:yes:

bobafrett
09-18-2006, 04:43 PM
I think we can all fill in the blanks...:yes:

It's true, I was with Slickers mom. :love: :whip:

Just kidding

JimJamBonds
09-19-2006, 09:12 AM
"This morning" ? :eek:

I think Boba took Mr. Kind's advice. :D

2-1B
09-19-2006, 08:43 PM
Oh, so it was BBQ chicken pizza that they had at the pizzeria, then ? lol

bobafrett
10-17-2006, 04:34 PM
One month and still going.

2-1B
10-17-2006, 06:52 PM
it's gotta be the 'fro

bobafrett
10-18-2006, 08:09 AM
it's gotta be the 'fro

Should I change my screen name to "Bobafro"?

2-1B
10-18-2006, 10:32 PM
No, change it to bobaphat or bobafreshpimp :beard:

bobafrett
10-21-2006, 09:06 PM
Here is the picture of me and my girlfriend.

2-1B
10-21-2006, 09:29 PM
Hey, you're smilin' with your teeth ! :D
You're a happy guy ! :grin:

Slicker
10-21-2006, 11:03 PM
Is this the girl from the internet, Frett?

If it is and she traveled to see you then that's a keeper.:thumbsup:

bobafrett
10-22-2006, 09:54 PM
She actually lives in my town! We went to Church services tonight, it was nice!

Slicker
10-22-2006, 09:58 PM
Hey, you're smilin' with your teeth ! :D
Maybe you should take a lesson.;)

JetsAndHeels
10-22-2006, 09:59 PM
Frett, you two look really happy.
Congrats

2-1B
10-22-2006, 09:59 PM
That's good to hear Frett, 'cuz you owed many many thanks to God Above for that Bears victory last week. lol lol lol

Slick, as soon as my Grillz arrive...as soon as my Grillz arrive...;)

bobafrett
10-25-2006, 11:57 PM
Um, tonight I came home and she had started putting curtains up on my dining room window. Hmmmmmmm........

2-1B
10-26-2006, 12:08 AM
Well, it was good while it lasted...

:crazed:

El Chuxter
10-26-2006, 12:09 AM
Ask mabs about curtains.

InsaneJediGirl
10-26-2006, 06:39 AM
Um, tonight I came home and she had started putting curtains up on my dining room window. Hmmmmmmm........

Run lol :D

mabudonicus
10-26-2006, 08:46 AM
Ask ME about curtains, and I'll just refer ya to Chux, who I think got his merit badge in "Curtains level 5" ... tho from what I hear you're okay til she asks YOU to deal with them ;) :beard:Isobars%

2-1B
10-26-2006, 09:23 PM
These curtains...do they match the carpet? And what size rod is she working with?

JediTricks
10-26-2006, 10:03 PM
ENOUGH OF THAT! This thread has already had plenty of editing over this content, no more or people are going to be in trouble and the thread will be closed or deleted.

bobafrett
10-26-2006, 10:22 PM
Please don't let this thread be closed my friends. I kinda like being able to keep you up to date in my newly found dating life.

2-1B
10-26-2006, 10:29 PM
Now that I don't collect Star Wars figures anymore, I needed a new hobby and found that I enjoy interior decorating. Why that would close a thread is beyond me? I thought Gen Disc was the place for that.

mabudonicus
10-27-2006, 09:23 AM
Yes, don't close the thread JT- the reference Chux dropped was specifically referring to one time I spoke to him on the phone and he was in the midst of "curtaining" his entire home one tiny window at a time, and he was enjoying it about as much as you'd expect- I seriously meant only that and no more :beard: Isobars&

El Chuxter
10-27-2006, 11:12 AM
Yeah, I wasn't even thinking of double entendres. Mabs bugs me about that to this day. Funny, though, KH has an ability to call during dinner, and he doesn't bug me about that. :beard:

Kidhuman
10-27-2006, 04:30 PM
I am going to call you about 2am my time and if you are eating, so help me.

bobafrett
10-31-2006, 09:26 PM
Okay, so today I'm at lunch, and she calls like she always does. We chatted, then out of the blue she says, " I hope you won't be to tired to talk tonight" and I said "Is it good or bad?" and she says it depends on how I look at it. After we hung up, she calls back about 10 minutes later and tells me she won't be coming over tonight, and she says she doesn't feel like talking. I say to her "Why, are you going to dump me?" and she responds, "No, I think you are looking to dump me."

After talking with her I reassured her that I wasn't planning on dumping her. I think she might just be insecure about the relationship. Anyways, I am writing from my work as I am pretty sure she will be over after I get off here tonight at 10.

I think I was happier when I was single.

bobafrett
11-04-2006, 04:43 PM
The chat ended up not being anything really. She just thought I was going to dump her, but I assured her I wasn't as she has made me nothing but happy.

JediTricks
11-04-2006, 07:57 PM
Ah ha! Now is the time to strike, she thinks she is safe, show the enemy no mercy, dump her, then when she's at her most vulnerable, get back together with her just so you can dump her again!!!! Bwa ha ha!!!

;)

bobafrett
11-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Nah, I think I'll keep her. She washed my sheets and comforter yesterday, made my bed, washed the dishes, made dinner (I made the salads), and reminded me that my son had requested sloppy joes for dinner when we went grocery shopping. The night before she took me out to a bar where we watched a Journey tribute band. They also did covers for other bands, and they sounded pretty good! Today she took two CD's that I needed to have returned to the BMG music club, and mailed them for me.

Slicker
11-06-2006, 05:04 PM
made dinner (I made the salads)Must...resist...salad...tossing...joke. Powers...growing...weak...

El Chuxter
11-06-2006, 05:10 PM
Slicker, I'll make it tougher for you:

"+ bobafrett walekd n the kichan, + their was that dum kid. . . ."

2-1B
11-06-2006, 08:46 PM
Must...resist...salad...tossing...joke. Powers...growing...weak...

Try to resist any curtain references, too...

Slicker
11-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Try to resist any curtain references, too...Thankfully he didn't call 'em drapes...

JediTricks
11-07-2006, 08:18 PM
Nah, I think I'll keep her. She washed my sheets and comforter yesterday, made my bed, washed the dishes, made dinner (I made the salads), and reminded me that my son had requested sloppy joes for dinner when we went grocery shopping. The night before she took me out to a bar where we watched a Journey tribute band. They also did covers for other bands, and they sounded pretty good! Today she took two CD's that I needed to have returned to the BMG music club, and mailed them for me.
Maids are cheaper than dates if you have them come by once a week. ;) Plus, maids don't make you go see Journey tribute bands. :D

2-1B
11-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Maids are cheaper than dates if you have them come by once a week. ;)

JT, please stop with the innuendo...you're going to get me in trouble by throwing out such softballs.

Kidhuman
11-08-2006, 08:26 AM
And Caesar checks his swing......

bobafrett
12-05-2006, 03:46 PM
Well, today I spent the day ironing the curtains, and putting them up. You will see my "before and after" window pictures, as well as me doing the ironing, which by the way, I managed to somehow burn a hole in one of the panels.

Slicker
12-05-2006, 06:42 PM
I love the pic of you peeking through the hole, frett.

I also love the house too. This girls a definite keeper if she hasn't either run off or broken your toys yet.:thumbsup:

2-1B
12-05-2006, 07:03 PM
Frett, it looks like there's a long haired bearded intruder in your house stealing your iron in that one pic ! :eek:

bobafrett
12-06-2006, 12:08 AM
Frett, it looks like there's a long haired bearded intruder in your house stealing your iron in that one pic ! :eek:

That would be me! You gotta check out the "Post a picture of yourself" thread evvery now and then.

scruffziller
12-06-2006, 09:49 AM
Wow, I never heard of anyone ironing curtains.

mabudonicus
12-06-2006, 10:58 AM
Ditto, I didn't know you even could iron shears (sheers??)

And Frett- notice the Iron sitting there on the board whilst you are posing for the 3rd pic?? THAT would likely be how you burned the hole in them, and would also likely be possibly the exact moment of the incident ;)

EDIT okay, good thing JediElf is here with me- on closer inspection, what I thought was the Iron is infact not, and you are holding it in yer left hand :D

But I still think that your vamping for the camera got them burned, the damn things are a single strand of flammable stuff thick, I can burn them with my eyes and I'm nearsighted
:beard:Isobaws&

2-1B
12-06-2006, 08:15 PM
That would be me! You gotta check out the "Post a picture of yourself" thread evvery now and then.

lol lol lol lol lol

InsaneJediGirl
12-06-2006, 10:52 PM
I'm with mabs on this. I just stuck the sheers up on my window and called it a day. Girlfriend making you watch Martha Stewart or something Frett? :D

bobafrett
12-06-2006, 11:30 PM
Ditto, I didn't know you even could iron shears (sheers??)

And Frett- notice the Iron sitting there on the board whilst you are posing for the 3rd pic?? THAT would likely be how you burned the hole in them, and would also likely be possibly the exact moment of the incident ;)

EDIT okay, good thing JediElf is here with me- on closer inspection, what I thought was the Iron is infact not, and you are holding it in yer left hand :D

But I still think that your vamping for the camera got them burned, the damn things are a single strand of flammable stuff thick, I can burn them with my eyes and I'm nearsighted
:beard:Isobaws&

I think you are right about that. I was posing for the camera, the picture you see is after I had burned them, so I just tried to get a picture of me in ironing action before cleaning the melted strands off the iron.

I'm with mabs on this. I just stuck the sheers up on my window and called it a day. Girlfriend making you watch Martha Stewart or something Frett? :D

No, but she is assigning me stuff to do. She also wants me to move the vioce changing Vader helmet off the love seat, but so far I haven't even touched his Sithiness's head gear.

bobafrett
12-22-2006, 12:23 AM
Okay, I just went out and did Christmas present shopping for my woman. I bought her three items. What I would like to know is, how much would you spend on someone whom you've known three months? Take into consideration, she has spent all but a few nights here, and has keys to my place. I know sometimes people have known each other for 3 months but haven't even kissed yet. I just want to see if maybe I spent the right amount on her.

InsaneJediGirl
12-22-2006, 12:33 AM
I'd say $75-150 easily if I actually liked them enough. Higher than that if something was going on longer, but three months is kind of a short amount of time.

bobafrett
12-22-2006, 01:03 AM
That's about what I spent, but I can't say what I got her though, even knowing that she has little computer know how.

El Chuxter
12-22-2006, 10:49 AM
She'd better come out of the house and see a Lexus in the driveway with a red bow on it, or you're in trouble.

:p

(Honestly, though, $75-$150 sounds good.)

Kidhuman
12-23-2006, 12:55 PM
I would have spent nothing on her. Tell her you are her present, iff she dont like it, theres the door.

Nah Frett, sounds like youre in the ballpark, remember, its the thought that counts.

2-1B
12-23-2006, 08:00 PM
I love what KH said, way to show 'em who's boss. :thumbsup:

mabudonicus
12-24-2006, 11:16 AM
I'm surprised he didn't suggest a generous pocketful of Isobaws to go along with it :beard:Isobaws&

Mad Slanted Powers
12-24-2006, 03:40 PM
I'm terrible with gift giving, so I guess I'm lucky I don't have to worry about that. As far as being able to find love on the internet, I'm sure it's possible. However, I've tried several dating sites and the matches rarely interest me. Apparently, something in my personality profile says I'm interested in liberals who are passionate about animals, as that is what most of the matches seem to be.

bobafrett
12-25-2006, 01:19 AM
I ended up picking her up some Christmas movies for another $40.00. We just got back from exchanging gifts with her family, and I was given socks (from Santa) which I needed, and a Bears NFC Central division Champs t-shirt!

bobafrett
12-25-2006, 01:14 PM
Okay, now that we have exchanged gifts I can tell you I got her the following:

Very Sexy body spray

Very Sexy body wash

6 pack of Christmas movies

Holidaze the Christmas that almost didn't happen movie

A personalized Christmas Ornament

A crystal rotary light show base for....

....a crystal Angel that glows sitting atop the base

A Christmas music CD

She seemed to be pleased with the gifts as she turned all affectionate (sp?) after we opened our gifts. It was nice to get some gifts too. My son is down in Florida seeing his mom for the holiday, and my immediate family lives up North about 6 hours, so I couldn't get up to see them this year. At least I had Robin here to keep me company this Christmas. She is spending time giving gifts to her kids right now.

JetsAndHeels
12-25-2006, 01:19 PM
She seemed to be pleased with the gifts as she turned all affectionate (sp?) after we opened our gifts.

I think it is safe to say that Frett didn't need any mistletoe this year. :)

bobafrett
02-01-2007, 10:52 PM
A little update, which I mentioned a breif blurb about, but yesterday I helped my girlfriend pack up her apartment to move in here with me. We spent about 5 hours loading and unloading all the bog furniture, and as much of the smaller items as we could into a 14 foot u-haul. After I got off of work last night, we returned to get the remaining items which fit into the back of my car. I left to unpack my Durango, while she returned to clean the apartment. At about 1 am, I was getting concerned that she might have fallen asleep or something. I got over there just after she had got to her car. We were both very tired, and so far I have only seen her briefly this morning before I headed off to work. We shall see what happens when two people start living in the "Real World".

Slicker
02-01-2007, 11:03 PM
Best of luck to you Barry in this endeavor!

Hope it all works out and now that she's shackin up with ya that means she pays half the rent, right? Right?

Mad Slanted Powers
02-02-2007, 01:29 AM
A little update, which I mentioned a breif blurb about, but yesterday I helped my girlfriend pack up her apartment to move in here with me. Those Christmas pictures made it seem pretty crowded. Is there room for all her stuff or are you throwing all your stuff out?

bobafrett
02-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Best of luck to you Barry in this endeavor!

Hope it all works out and now that she's shackin up with ya that means she pays half the rent, right? Right?

Yes, but it's the 2nd and I still haven't seen her first months rent yet. I'm not going to get upset just yet as we just moved her in the other day.

Those Christmas pictures made it seem pretty crowded. Is there room for all her stuff or are you throwing all your stuff out?

She doesn't have much, at least worth putting up amongst my collection. I have found little knick knacks here and there. We still need a day where both of us can work on getting solutions to the very tight quarters. I can't think of where I would move my collectibles to. The only places are the basement, which is heated, but shared with the upstairs tenant, the garage, which is not insulated, and left to the climate and spider critters, or the front porch which is unheated, and has the ever present fading sun rays. I could get a heated storage facility.

Kidhuman
02-02-2007, 04:57 PM
If you store them in rubbermaid totes, they should be fine Frett. Eitehr way good luck to you and yours.

InsaneJediGirl
02-02-2007, 11:47 PM
If you store them in rubbermaid totes, they should be fine Frett. Eitehr way good luck to you and yours.

I've drilled a hole into rubbermaid totes(the lid and the handle from the top) then stuck locks into the holes. That could solve your problems and be able to keep the stuff in the basement, but then you have to worry about others swiping the entire tote:whip: