PDA

View Full Version : Paint Advice

JON9000
08-14-2006, 12:43 PM
Since I opened up a POTF2 Hammerhead, then opened a SAGA one with a bar piece, I been kicking around the idea of customizing one to make him look vintage. Sort a custom "VOTC", if you will.

I need to paint his clothes blue like the original vinty one. I'm thinking if I can get his outer robe off then get it back on without the paint falling off (it needs to bend) my life would be a lot easier.

I'm thinking dark blue underneath with the vintage blue on the outer garmet and silver along the edges.

Anyway, my problem is this: what sort of paint would best fit the task? Acrylic?

figrin bran
08-15-2006, 01:56 AM
JON9000, you can use any of the following acrylic paint brands - Apple Barrel, Folk Art, Delta Ceramcoat. available at your local WM or Michael's. if you're worried about paint falling off, you can use Testor's Dullcote, available at Michael's (maybe even WM but i'm not sure as the model cars in the toy section at my local WM have vanished and so have the paints for them) and spray that on after you paint.

JON9000
08-15-2006, 12:58 PM
thanks for the tip!!

mastermatt24
08-22-2006, 03:11 AM
Yea figgy hit that one the head.
Just a note though- Ive never had problems with paint comin off, except on joints, but I have had some probs with the dullcoat. I quit using it because it made some of my customs too glossy- even though its supposed to be a "dull" coat. So if you dont have to use it I would personally suggest not to. (even though it is good at protecting things)

decadentdave
09-18-2006, 11:52 PM
Do not use a dullcoat spray. Use a brush on "sealer" that won't leave a sheen. Michaels, Wal-Mart, et al.