PDA

View Full Version : So what's the next ULTRA?

britcit3
08-15-2006, 11:37 PM
Given that we are due about a gazzillion of the 3"" titaniums, I just wondered if anybody knew what to expect next ultra-wise?

BC3

yorkie
08-16-2006, 01:01 AM
Hoping that Hasbro will eventually do all the original Action Fleet as Titanium Ultras. Maybe finally get the E-Wing and Tie Defender. If not then the Jedi Starfighter (both episode 2 and 3 versions) and the V-Wing would be great, also both marks of Viper and the Cylon Raider from Galactica.

All the best,
Yorkie

sicqnus
08-16-2006, 02:41 AM
Tie Fighter (regular) and ROTS Jedi Starfighter are on the list printed on the flyer included in the last Tit's Boxes.

Jangu Fett
08-16-2006, 01:55 PM
The question should be "Will there be a next Ultra Titanium?" not what will be the next. Hasbro said at SDCC that the Ultra line is not doing well, and might not continue. Which sucks, I wanted the Jedi Fighter, Grievous' Starfighter and V-Wing Fighter.

Warstar
08-16-2006, 03:18 PM
I want an Outrider...it'd be dang cool if that ship is in the new Star Wars TV stuff we'll be seeing soon...

I hope the Ultra line continues myself, though I do hope Hasbro learns from this release of them. Maybe get rid of the case or spruce up the bases or make them easily removable from the bases or SOMEthing different.

I don't really care though- I'll still buy them as they come out :)

Jangu Fett
08-16-2006, 03:31 PM
You'll be about to get the Outrider. A 3" version titanium Outrider, Hasbro has confirmed that to be included in one of the 2007 waves. That and other Expanded Universe ships. Though the Outrider was the only one named. I want the Eclipse Super Star Destroyer, Dreadnaught and Dirge on a Swoop Bike.

JediTricks
08-16-2006, 05:45 PM
EE doesn't have anything past the current wave listed on their site, wave 6 seems to be the end of the line as far as they know (wave 6 being 2x Vader's TIE, 1x Galactica, 1x Millennium Falcon). I hope that's not the situation, but it really looks like it will be. I was going to return my galactica with the screw sticking out of it to Target yesterday and realized I may never find another Galactica, all the Targets in my area have 2 of the Vader's TIE so they're going to be hesitant to put out another case with that.

As much as I gave this line crap, I don't want it to end, after Slave I the line's quality started picking up as more detail started going into these. Seems like the same mistakes that Hasbro made with the Saga line's Action Fleet entries, the first few releases were rehashes or poor quality new stuff which of course didn't sell well, by the time the AT-TE and Republic Gunship came out the axe was already falling.

dindae
08-17-2006, 07:13 AM
While I would like the line to go on my wallet will appreciate the end. But if the remaining cases continue to sell as they are around here they might change their mind. Since the Arc wave there haven't been a gluttony of any of these ships. They aren't rare except for the AT-AT and Falcon but that may change with time.

JediTricks
08-17-2006, 02:36 PM
AT-AT waves got overrun by Vader's TIE wave too quick, so Falcon, AT-AT, and Galactica are all rare right now.

SWAFMAN
08-20-2006, 10:57 AM
All I am seeing on shelves under the titanium ultra label are the character figures.

If stores are stocking the figure ultra die-casts, does that mean they won't be ordering any more of the vehicle ultra die-casts, or is there no real connection?

JediTricks
08-21-2006, 05:16 PM
There's no connection in ordering, they're not competing for case space. However they are competing for shelf space unfortunately, and since the figures take up less space and cost $5 less, stores are devoting more space to them than the Ultra vehicles (which sucks since the figures aren't selling for crap around here while the vehicles are selling moderately well now, provided you aren't Darth Vader's TIE Advanced :p), so in Targets there's only enough room for 4 Ultras while there's room for twice as many Figures, and in a lot of the Targets I saw the last few days the stupid figures got put into the Ultras shelfspaces because they're so backed up.

Jangu Fett
08-21-2006, 07:03 PM
I was never realy interested in the Titanium Figures, I was always more into the ships. Now I'm not saying that the figures don't look good, actually I think the look fantastic. I just could get into them. Right now I only have Boba Fett, I 'm making a little shrine for him;) . And I'll most likely pick up General Grievous and Jango Fett when those ones are released. IMO, those looked like the best shown at SDCC. I was thinking about getting the other bounty hunters also, but I seen Bossk at WM over the weekend. I didn't think Hasbro did a good job on him. The Unleashed Bossk was a better mold, and better likeness.

Oh, and yes, I do have a thing for the Mandalorians. I know that's hard to tell.:D

Blue2th
08-21-2006, 07:19 PM
I'm glad I have every Ultra released up to now. The Galactica and Falcon were almost impossible to find. I think that someone didn't buy them because the surrounding boxes were not mint. I don't care as I prefer these loose anyway. It's too bad we might have just seen the last wave of the Ultras. :cry:

BountyHunterScum
08-21-2006, 07:30 PM
Hopefully this or another type.

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Essays/StarDestroyer.jpg

SWAFMAN
08-22-2006, 11:30 AM
Hopefully this or another type.

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Essays/StarDestroyer.jpg

I'd definitely take a destroyer or SSD, but even at AF scale (based on the pics I saw of the never-released plastic AF SD) these ships have too much surface detail to render very well. I'm sure there are AF or smaller sized replicas by companies that I haven't seen, which have great detail, but I'd really like to see these capital ships done by Code 3, or at least at that scale. Models are great if you have the talent and patience to build and paint them. I'm pathetic at modeling. Only tried one customization of an AF in my life. I think it came out ok, but it was a pretty minor revision.

"T-16b" Skyhopper - img1 (http://home.adelphia.net/~jr44772/images/collections/T-16b_Front_01.jpg)

image2 (http://home.adelphia.net/~jr44772/images/collections/T-16b_back_02.jpg)

image3 (http://home.adelphia.net/~jr44772/images/collections/T-16b_gun_detail_03.jpg)

image4 (http://home.adelphia.net/~jr44772/images/collections/T-16b_QuarterFront_04.JPG)

sergiurusu
08-22-2006, 11:47 AM
I really like your custom AF T-16 Skyhopper. you removed the ugly large cannon and added a nicer one from an X-Wing. Cool!:thumbsup:

SWAFMAN
08-22-2006, 12:09 PM
It's an easy revision. When you remove the stupid toy gun, you can see how to modify the pieces so there is a ring at the bottom of the gun mount pylon. I believe the ring was part of the spring launching mechanism from the original gun, but it's been a while since I did this. You may need to modify the opening of the ring so the back of an x-wing cannon fits snugly in. Drill a small hole in the bottom of the fuselage just aft of the canon for the AF stand. Test the position with the stand, to make it as far forward as possible, because the weight distribution is already nose-heavy in this position.

The rest is just paint wash and minor detailing. I never realized until I did this, how much detail there is to the engine/lower portion of the T-16 under the cockpit. Also, the wings have excellent panel lines that just need a paint wash to "pop" them out.

It's too bad AF became relatively rare, because I wouldn't have minded trying another project some day. But I can't cannibalize any of my current ships for new project parts.

jeddah
08-22-2006, 12:36 PM
(snip)It's too bad AF became relatively rare, because I wouldn't have minded trying another project some day. But I can't cannibalize any of my current ships for new project parts.(snap)

Yeah, like the Tyderium and B-wing? Whoever designed those AFs should learn from their parents' mistakes and use birth control. A duck and a guppy. Cha.

Mind you Swaffy, even you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, innit. lol

I'm sad they never produced a Retublic Cruiser that drops everyone off at the end of Ep1. I wonder how difficult it'd be to get a Radiant and mash it up to a Retublic. I am sure I still see the Radiant around here now and again.

jeddah