PDA

View Full Version : Montgomery Gentry: Enemies of Bears!

El Chuxter
08-16-2006, 09:10 PM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

From Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060816/ap_en_mu/people_troy_lee_gentry):

Troy Gentry accused of killing tame bear

DULUTH, Minn. - Troy Lee Gentry, of the country singing duo Montgomery Gentry, has been accused of killing a tame black bear that federal officials say he tagged as killed in the wild.

Gentry, 39, of Franklin, Tenn., and Lee Marvin Greenly, 46, of Sandstone, appeared Tuesday before U.S. Magistrate Judge Raymond Erickson in connection with a sealed indictment returned by a federal grand jury in Minneapolis.

Authorities allege that Gentry purchased the bear from Greenly, a wildlife photographer and hunting guide, then killed it with a bow and arrow in an enclosed pen on Greenly's property in October 2004.

The government alleges that Gentry and Greenly tagged the bear with a Minnesota hunting license and registered the animal with the state Department of Natural Resources as a wild kill.

Gentry allegedly paid about $4,650 for the bear, named Cubby. The bear's death was videotaped, and the tape later edited so Gentry appeared to shoot the animal in a "fair chase" hunting situation, the government alleges.

If convicted, both Gentry and Greenly face a maximum penalty of five years in federal prison and a $20,000 fine.

Gentry's manager, Johnny Dorris, said Wednesday that Gentry, an outdoorsman and hunter, expects to be exonerated.

Gentry "relied on the knowledge and expertise of a local guide to obtain the proper permit," Dorris said in a written statement. "Troy felt what he did was legal and in full compliance of the law and was surprised to hear of the indictment."

Greenly did not return a phone message seeking comment.

Montgomery Gentry, along with co-singer Eddie Montgomery, are known for hits such as "My Town" and "If You Ever Stop Loving Me."
Although this subhumanly wicked stunt ensured that they will forever be the favorite redneck band of filthy otters everywhere, they have guaranteed themselves a spot in hell, where they will burn eternally for this outrageous desecration of beardom.

Seriously, all joking about bears and otters aside, this is so despicable that the word "despicable" doesn't cut it. I hope this SOB gets the full sentence, and while in jail is shivved by an ecoterrorist.

Kidhuman
08-16-2006, 09:40 PM
Only one word to sum him up:

Bast*rd

JimJamBonds
08-16-2006, 10:02 PM
Although I happen to be a hunter I have to say this is uncalled for and I hope they are prosecuted to the letter of the law.

2-1B
08-16-2006, 10:39 PM
Way to go, Monty. Go in there and nab your bear! Be proud of your kill.

Banthaholic
08-17-2006, 11:01 PM
I liked a few of there songs but lost some repsect for Gentry when I heard this on the radio. Guess he wanted to be like Davie Crocket but was 36 years too late.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-18-2006, 07:23 PM
Don't worry, the animal world has demanded justice and will receive it against this "Montgomery Gentry." A bounty hunter has been dispatched to make Montgomery reap what he has sowed.

Check out who just exactly has been sent.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4275440853107357955&q=cat+scuba+diving

El Chuxter
08-18-2006, 07:34 PM
That's freaking cool! But what would possess a guy to try to find out if said animal enjoyed said passtime?