PDA

View Full Version : Madden 07

JetsAndHeels
08-17-2006, 10:29 PM
T-minus 4 days and counting!!
I shall be at my store at midnight waiting for my copy!!

Anyone else getting it on Tuesday and cant wait??

figrin bran
08-17-2006, 11:02 PM
i actually wait until the price lowers to around $29.99 before i get the current year's game. and i always turn the commentary off when playing...as if it weren't enough listening to the real Madden.

J&H, have you tried out NFL Coach? it could be your chance to prove you're better than Herm!

JetsAndHeels
08-17-2006, 11:09 PM
Yeah I've done NFL coach. Its alot of fun because I enjoy the strategy and making my own playbooks.

And any bum off the street that can tie his shoes halfway can be a better coach than Herm.

figrin bran
08-17-2006, 11:18 PM
cool, i'll have to try out NFL Coach myself. i sure rather play that than the nfl superstar mode on Madden.

how about this one J&H - Herman Edwards vs. Barry Switzer

JetsAndHeels
08-17-2006, 11:30 PM
Barry Switzer, hands down.

Herm Edwards vs. Big Bird

UKWildcat
08-17-2006, 11:50 PM
I too am going to wait a bit until the price drops. I've still got '06 that I've barely even touched for my PSP. Btw JAH, you need to check out that PSP thread. ;)

What system you guys picking it up for?

figrin bran
08-18-2006, 01:53 AM
Herm Edwards vs. Big Bird

Big Bird.

and so ends our mini version of "this or that".

UKW, i have xbox and i too haven't played M 06 all that much. i don't really like that QB Vision thing.

Rogue II
08-18-2006, 08:47 PM
I haven't even read anything about Madden 07. What are the new features?

Lord Malakite
08-19-2006, 11:13 AM
I haven't even read anything about Madden 07. What are the new features?

Nothing of importance to note from what I've read. Madden 07 is basically a general "bare bones" update of the mandatory things you'd expect to be updated, like graphics and team player rosters. You'll have to either wait till Madden 08 or pick up the Wii version of Madden 07 (due to Wii's unique controller set-up) if you want to try any new features.

I can't say that I've heard much praise from the critics about NFL Coach either. EGM compared it to Madden 07 but worse since you have no manual play control over the teams. On the field you just get to pick the move. The rest is watching your PC team try to pull the move off.

JetsAndHeels
08-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Lead Blocker Control:
Throw the perfect block and create a running lane with all-new lead blocking control, and then take command of the tailback and rip off a big gain.
NFL Superstar: Hall of Fame Mode:
Play your way to the Pro Football Hall of Fame by taking complete control of any position on the field. Your actions on and off the field determine your impact on the game.
Run Like the Players Run with the All-New Highlight Stick:
Bust out player-specific running styles matching those of real NFL players (e.g., smaller backs slash to break tackles, while bigger runners bowl over defenders in the open field). All-new jukes, cutbacks, and power moves.
Additions to Franchise Mode:
Scout collegiate prospects with the all-new NFL Draft Scouting System and the College All-Star Game, or watch players around the NFL impact their teams with the new Franchise Player Roles feature.
Team-Specific Defensive Playbooks:
For the first time, use actual plays from your favorite team's defensive playbook to shut down the running game, pressure the quarterback, or force key turnovers.
Online Play:
Climb the leaderboard as you take on your biggest rivals from coast-to-coast in Play Now or Session Match games.
In addition to features above, here's more for Madden NFL 07 on Xbox 360...

The Season Begins in Mini-Camp (XBOX 360 only):
Create a player then build up his attributes by running him through skill-based, combine-type mini-games. In the off-season use Mini-Camps to condition players or rehab injuries to get back on the field faster.
Madden Gamer Level (XBOX 360 only):
Track your career accomplishments in Franchise Mode to earn Madden Gamer Points, and then wager your rewards against the computer or against live online opponents to reach the ultimate reward—the NFL Hall of Fame.
Replay Challenge (XBOX 360 only):
Throw the red flag and challenge any play. Overturned calls or plays "that stand" have a huge effect on the outcome of every game.
MADDEN NFL 07 for PC-CD
- Same Run To Daylight features as the current-gen console version
- Customizable stats summaries
- New intuitive mouse and keyboard controls
- Also play using the new Xbox 360 USB controller

Rogue II
08-19-2006, 07:21 PM
The last football game I bought was ESPN NFL 2K5. I wish now that I had the XBox version so I could get an updated roster. I heard last year's madden wasn't bad, but not great. It's too bad the NFL decided to give out an exclusive game liscense and ruined the competition. Maybe I'll pick up Madden for the PC this year.

General_Grievous
08-21-2006, 06:43 PM
I'll be picking up Madden 07 at midnight for the 360. Can't wait to try out the mini camp thing.

JetsAndHeels
08-22-2006, 01:15 AM
Just got back from getting my copy and playing the game at the store. Here are my first impressions (remember I only played one actual game and haven't had the chance to try any of the special features):

The gameplay is identical to last year's version. The vision cone for the qb still is enabled but you can turn that off if you don't like it.
The features for the running plays are a little hard to figure out but after about a quarter and a half I got the hang of it. I like the feature (lead blocking, etc) and I think it will really help for those who want to develop more of a running game when they play. Its important bc we all know a good running game helps set the tone for successful offensive possessions.
Madden is still Madden...there was one particular phrase he had that cracked me up: "Jake Delhomme has something special when he plays..not sure what it is but you can tell he has it." :D
For those who have not played NCAA 06, the kicking is different and this will be your first time seeing this new technique. Its not hard to get, but it will take a little bit of adjustment at first.
When you are on offense and you try to sprint to make your player move faster, it seems there is hardly any sprint at all. I mashed the button so hard I thought I would break my thumb but still no sprint. That is one little thing that annoyed the snot out of me.

All in all it seems like a good game, and will make most football fans and gamers happy. I am now preparing for a few hours of play so I can try out the features and get accustomed to everything.
Hope everyone enjoys!!

figrin bran
08-22-2006, 01:25 AM
Madden is still Madden...there was one particular phrase he had that cracked me up: "Jake Delhomme has something special when he plays..not sure what it is but you can tell he has it." :D

that's exactly why i always turn off the commentary whenever playing any version of this game. it's bad enough having to hear statements exactly like that in real life games!

however, i should try playing as GB one day with the commentary on just to hear what he says about #4.

JetsAndHeels
08-22-2006, 01:28 AM
however, i should try playing as GB one day with the commentary on just to hear what he says about #4.

There is no telling!! I may even try that one myself!!

figrin bran
08-22-2006, 01:48 AM
yes, do try it out J&H and report back to us!

i do play quite a lot as the cowboys but i haven't heard any game commentary about larry allen, another of madden's favorite players. heh, i guess he has a thing for players who were once great but are now just shells of their former selves? and boy, does he ever love making excuses for them! "larry allen did everything he could to block out julius peppers on that play but bledsoe held onto the ball wayyy too long. that was just inexcusable"

JetsAndHeels
08-22-2006, 01:51 AM

Yes Sir..will have a report later today!!

2-1B
08-22-2006, 03:42 AM

i do play quite a lot as the cowboys but i haven't heard any game commentary about larry allen, another of madden's favorite players.

Don't forget about Madden's love for "BROCK MARION."

lol

figrin bran
10-29-2006, 08:53 PM
Madden 07 is on sale for only $27.99 this week at best buy.