PDA

View Full Version : Hey jeddah- TS B-Wing Pics HIGH RES (packaged)

Warstar
08-17-2006, 09:59 PM
DROOL! :p

Actually, I am kinda' impressed- most of the details are stencil-painted and not just an airbrush wash. All in all, I can't wait to get one to open (I have the one I will open on layaway since package condition isn't a concern :p)

jeddah
08-18-2006, 05:24 AM
Muoy muoy! I love you. The paint does look nice, I just wish they'd do them in grey instead of blue. The studio prop in the Barbican SW exhibition was grey, not blue.

You’re right the detail is sweet. I like the tail section. What is the gun paint job like?

Jeddah
(ps. Am I the only person who loves JJB?)

Kidhuman
08-18-2006, 07:02 AM
Very nice pics WS, I cant wait to find these.

RJarvis
08-18-2006, 04:15 PM
(ps. Am I the only person who loves JJB?)

yes, jeddah, you are...

:D

rj

Warstar
08-18-2006, 06:18 PM
The gun section is painted well, albeit it's unique to any version I've seen. Thing is, I REALLY think that this version is unique as far as paint jobs go, and I think it will look MUCH better out of the package...

...gotta get my layaway out for that though :p Gimme time :)

JediTricks
08-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Picked it up on Saturday, it's pretty nice. The masked painting isn't that big a surprise to me, they mask off a lot of their paint work really. I'm glad they painted both sides of the ship, could have cheaped out like a lot of other versions where the details are only on the "top" side. On this TS3" version, my favorite work is the gold around the engine nozzles.

Kidhuman
08-21-2006, 05:01 PM
I got one today, it is very nice.

Warstar
08-21-2006, 05:52 PM
Picked it up on Saturday, it's pretty nice. The masked painting isn't that big a surprise to me, they mask off a lot of their paint work really. I'm glad they painted both sides of the ship, could have cheaped out like a lot of other versions where the details are only on the "top" side. On this TS3" version, my favorite work is the gold around the engine nozzles.

I can't wait to see the engines then! :love:

I was more happy that they didn't just use generic airbrush strokes (like the dark brown on the Blue A-Wings, for example) to give the B-Wing detail- they actually got VERY detailed with it, so that makes me happy :)

JediTricks
08-22-2006, 03:58 PM
The brush strokes have the advantage of subtlety and fading in and out, the masking work is generally uniform in that respect - there's advantages to each.

Darth Michael
08-24-2006, 07:34 AM
I've seen maybe 6 B-Wings down here, and every single one of them has paint scratches on the inside of the plastic where the wing gun tips have rubbed against the bubble. Dammit!

JediTricks
08-24-2006, 04:44 PM
I'm not surprised, they're very close to the window on the ones I've seen.