PDA

View Full Version : Most wanted Transformers Titaniums

El Chuxter
08-18-2006, 08:58 PM
Okay, I'm making this separate from the Transformers: Energon and Beyond thread so as to devote it entirely to the voting process (and discussion of the voting process). To begin with, please nominate up to ten Transformers from any toyline or timestream (ie, comic, cartoon) that you'd most like to see as the smaller Titanium figures.

I'm not going to use my full ten yet, so as to give them some thought, but there are a few I'll have to get out the way right now:

1) Bludgeon (http://www.comics.org/graphics/covers/2898/200/2898_2_080.jpg): A pathetically cheap-o toy from the final days of the original toyline, but, in the hands of comic scribe Simon Furman, he became the coolest interrim Decepticon leader ever. With a Pretender shell based upon a skeletal samurai warrior (how freakin' cool is that?), Bludgeon and his twisted sense of honor led the Decepticons up through their crushing defeat on Klo. Though his reign was short, he took over from my second choice. . . .

2) Thunderwing (http://www.comics.org/graphics/covers/2898/200/2898_2_066.jpg): An equally crappy toy, and an awesome equally wicked character. Thunderwing was the only Decepticon to bear an innate desire for the Matrix, and even turned its power to evil for a short time. He was never seen without his strange "golden vampire" Pretender shell, and his body was shattered into a billion pieces by Unicron.

3) Grimlock (dino-mode) (http://redlightreaction.com/jim/grimlock.gif): Nothing more needs to be said. Either the classic toy, the brightly-colored cartoon version, or the more gritty G2 comic version (seen in the link here).

4) Megatron/Ratchet. . . thing (http://transformers.wikia.com/images/thumb/8/87/Megs_ratch.jpg/180px-Megs_ratch.jpg): Mainly because this will NEVER have a chance of being made in any other toy line. Megatron was believed to be dead, prevented from escaping his exploding castle via space bridge when tackled by his prisoner, Ratchet. But, as the Autobots soon learned, the two were fused in the explosion and ensuing complications with the space bridge and trapped in the astral plane. Optimus Prime attempted to rescue Ratchet from "No-Space" and instead discovered the hideous creature, controlled by the conscious minds of both Transformers, and it nearly destroyed the Ark. (Don't worry. They got better. Well, until Ratchet died later anyway. But Megatron stayed better.)

Adam
08-18-2006, 09:23 PM
War Within Megatron is a must! Hopefully he wouldn't be as floppy as Prime and the GIJOE/TF Megs.

figrin bran
08-18-2006, 09:46 PM
i'll buy pretty much any G1 character but i really want (and this isn't in order of preference)

1. Grimlock in dinobot form
2. Omega Supreme
3. Devastator
4. Superion
5. Defensor
6. Shockwave

i'll think of more eventually...

Adam
08-18-2006, 09:48 PM
They should really try to get some done that got shortchanged like some of the one's that chux listed. Although I don't like the upcoming larger Titanium G1 Scourge, I do appreciate that they are trying to give him some justice. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
08-18-2006, 11:00 PM
FB, they are making Grimlock, check out actionfigs.com for the info

Adam
08-18-2006, 11:46 PM
They are making a wee little Grimmy though, he may have been refering to the larger scale.

Oh wait! This thread IS about the little ones, I thought we were talking about the larger Titaniums, my bad!

El Chuxter
08-18-2006, 11:46 PM
FB, they are making Grimlock, check out actionfigs.com for the info

Yeah, but he's robot form. They're already making two Optimus Primes (one in his original Cybertron alt-mode as seen in The War Within, and the better known Earth form), so two Grimlocks doesn't seem too far-fetched if the line goes on. If I had a choice, I'd pick dino-mode. (Of course, I liked his Nucleon-powered supercharged robot mode, from the ActionMasters and the last four issues of Marvel's comic, better than the original, but that's a longer shot than the melted Megaratchetronet.)

figrin bran
08-23-2006, 04:29 PM
ooops, i forgot to check both actionfigs.com and the little checklist insert that comes randomly packed with the TF titaniums.

scorponok and predaking are coming as well.