PDA

View Full Version : Ewok custom repaints!

jedi master sal
08-20-2006, 09:58 AM
Okay, so we don't have enough Ewoks right?? Wrong, you can repaint those little suckers and have an Ewok army. Here are two repaints of Chief Chirpa. Note that I included the reference pic from ROTJ to compare.

Here's one of them.
http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/Brown_ewok_custom_views_sm.jpg

Here's the other one:
http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/Striped_collage_sm.jpg

What do you think? They're an easy customs but look quite different from Chirpa. I was going to take it further and snip of some of the bits on the hood, but decided to leave them for now. Also, note that I deliberately did NOT paint over parts of the hood so as to leave the brown and other areas showing through the new color I applied.

Not trying to pimp another site, but here's Chirpa unpainted so you can compare with the two I custom painted with the original:
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TSC/TSC039chirpafr.jpg

-Sal

kool-aid killer
08-20-2006, 02:25 PM
Those look really good, i especially like the second one, he would really stand out among other Ewoks. What did you use to color them? Im really digging them.

2-1B
08-20-2006, 09:15 PM
Very well done, Sal ! :)

Kidhuman
08-20-2006, 10:09 PM
As stated in the other thread, very good work.

jedi master sal
08-21-2006, 12:34 PM
Those look really good, i especially like the second one, he would really stand out among other Ewoks. What did you use to color them? Im really digging them.

I use Ceramcoat paint.

Only two paints needed for each Ewok. A brown and reddish-orange for the brown Ewok. And a simple black and green for the striped one. I didn't paint the grey stripes on that one, that's actually Chirpa's natural color showing through. Cool thing is though, when you put them side-by-side, they look completely different. The stripe one almost looks a little light blue in the grey areas. THat could be due to the green hood. While chirpa's fur looks grey with a hint of brown, again probably due to the hood.

Each custom paint job took no more than about 30 minutes (my paint dries fast and you're not putting much on anyway).

-Sal

Very well done, Sal ! :)

Thank you, sir.

As stated in the other thread, very good work.

And thank you as well, sir.

Glad you guys liked them. Funny thing was I wasn't going to buy 4 Chirpa's. I was only going to buy 2. (1 carded and 1 to open) It was my fiancee who said I should buy all 4 of the ones I saw. She said they would make good customs and since I wanted more Ewoks this would be a good way to get them, never knowing if Hasbro is going to make others.

Wasn't that cool?

It's good to have a faincee who's into collecting as well. She's a gem and a keeper. heh heh

-Sal

Kidhuman
08-21-2006, 12:37 PM
I have a few extra vintage ewoks I might try it on.

2-1B
08-21-2006, 01:39 PM
I am repainting my extra kidhumans to look like Ewoks.

Kidhuman
08-21-2006, 02:14 PM
I am repainting my extra kidhumans to look like Ewoks.

Thanks man, just use my back hair I am sending you for the fur.

El Chuxter
08-21-2006, 02:16 PM
I'm customizing my vintage Ewoks to be little hairy Kidhumans.

COMMANDERCODY2795
08-21-2006, 02:41 PM
lol @ THIS THREAD!

2-1B
08-21-2006, 11:37 PM
Thanks man, just use my back hair I am sending you for the fur.

:eek: :eek: :eek: