PDA

View Full Version : What "planet waves" should Hasbro do in '07? Do you even like this concept?

Tycho
08-20-2006, 10:32 AM
Star Wars "planet-waves" could be as follows:

Tatooine
Death Star
Battle of Yavin

Hoth
Dagobah
Bespin

Tatooine
Death Star II
Endor

Naboo
Mos Espa
Coruscant

Kamino
Lake Country
Geonosis

Utopau
Kashyyyk
Order 66
Mustafar

What do you want to see?

Luuuuuuke
08-20-2006, 10:50 AM
I think there's probably other themes that waves can be built around. I mean, some of those planets have already been done to the hilt. Is there anything else that Hoth can give us?

DarkArtist
08-20-2006, 10:52 AM
I loved the battle / planet themes of '06 and would love to see it again, however my only wish is that they release more characters and more of each wave.

El Chuxter
08-20-2006, 11:22 AM
I would like to see an entire year of nothing but Endor waves, so that maybe Hasbro can come close to catching up on almost twelve years of relative neglect.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-20-2006, 11:34 AM
I really like the themed waves. I don't think they should only focus specifically on planets, and they don't always do that - I mean, the "Naboo" wave is half Naboo and half Tatooine, and the Coruscant wave had some Utapau figures in it as well. If they're going to do themes, they should focus on movies (as seen in the ROTS wave next year, with the Galactic Marine from Mygeeto, Lava Miner from Mustafar, and Airborne Trooper from Utapau).

We know we're getting a Yavin wave as well next year. I'd really like to see at least one wave for each movie (as it was this year), with a few more for ANH (being the 30th Anniversary and whatnot).

Tycho
08-20-2006, 12:53 PM
Personally, I feel:

Tatooine - could use more Sandcrawler droids and cantina aliens.
Battle of Yavin - could use Red Leader, Han Ceremony, a few

Hoth - still needs a replacement for the Kenner Hoth Rebel, Torryn Farr, etc.
Bespin - could use a black Bespin guard, Treva Horme, the heroes at the end of ESB

Tatooine - could use more Jabba Palace aliens like Woof, Herme Odel, etc.
Death Star II - needs Slim Aloo, maybe a SA Death Star II Luke
Endor - Leia VOTC's coming, more Ewoks would help, a modern Kenner B-wing pilot, Grey Leader, the real Arvel Crynyd, ethnic variations on Rebel pilots, etc.

Naboo - ethnic variations on Naboo, Padme from Qui-Gon's funeral
Mos Espa - AOTC Owen and Beru, Cliegg
Coruscant - Padme in several Queen outfits, some Senators like Po Nudo, Jocasta Nu from AOTC

Kamino - civilian Kaminoans, Jango out of armor, Clones in red jumpsuits
Lake Country - a few of Padme's outfits, especially black and yellow ones, Queen Jamilla
Geonosis - Tiikes, Baltar Swan, more Separatists

Utopau - Airborne Clone, Utai refuelers
Kashyyyk - SA Bariss Offee, new Wookiees
Order 66 - Stass Allie's Clone Commander, Bail Organa speeder pilot, Padme Senator, etc.
Mustafar - Darth Vader's medical droids, Padme's medical droids

Battle Droid
08-20-2006, 12:59 PM
Mustafar - Darth Vader's medical droids, Padme's medical droids

I don't remember seeing them there.:razz:

I say there needs to be more Separatists there.

Tycho
08-20-2006, 01:03 PM
I know that you know I was generalizing.

The best waves to include a lot of separatists in would be

E1 Senators
E2 Geonosis
E3 Utopau or Mustafar

Tonbuck Toora needs a figure.
Po Nudo does.
Tikkes does.
Anyone else?

Battle Droid
08-20-2006, 01:09 PM
Tikkes needs two, AOTC & ROTS. (His costume is different)
Rogra Wodrata
Po Nudo
Gilramos Libkath
Denaria Kee AOTC & ROTS (Again costume is different)
Shu Mai's AOTC Aide
ROTS Nute Gunray
ROTS Rune Haako
Rute Gunnay
ROTS Geonosian Aide
Unidentifiable ROTS Separatist Leader or Aide seen on Utapau. (Could be Rogra Wodrata)
Po Nudo's Aide

I think that's it for Separatist Leaders & Aides.

JON9000
08-21-2006, 09:58 AM
I suppose planets make as much sense as anything. In general, however, I prefer product to come out that kids can play with together. I mean, if you have a new Hoth Luke, you are going to want a Hoth Han to go rescue him, and a Wampa to get him. That's just smart marketing. The wampa/luke ice trap was really cool.

stillakid
08-21-2006, 10:31 AM
I want to see a boxed collectors set called The Deaths on Tatooine.

Included:

OT
Charred remains of Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru
Assorted Charred Jawas
"Blown" R5-D4
Blasted Greedo remains
Oola half eaten remains
Choked Jabba
Digested remains of Boba Fett

Prequel
Various "Smashed!" Podracers
Shmi Skywalker, who waits until a convenient time to die
Sliced and Diced Sandpeople
"Graveyard" playset with "Weeping-Action" Hayd-akin and accessory REAL sand!

jedi master sal
08-21-2006, 12:02 PM

Included:

OT
Assorted Charred Jawas
"Blown" R5-D4
Blasted Greedo remains
Oola half eaten remains
Choked Jabba

Prequel

Whoo-hoo, now that's a set I'd buy...heh heh...actually some of those I WOULD buy...

jedi master sal
08-21-2006, 12:16 PM
I'm more prone to scene building now. So instead of just going with planet waves, I'd like to see some of the iconic scenes done. Yes there would have to be several repeated characters as well as scenes we've seen before.

But if Hasbro included at least 1-3 new figures per wave like this, then they'd not only make us long-time collectors happy with new product, but also give a chance to those newer collectors to get some figures long ago released.

Let me give one example:

Hoth Medical Suite (this is not a battle pack but could be-rahter these would be single carded figs):
Figures include:
Bacta Luke (deluxe)<-- straight rerelease-also includes Bacta chamber
Luke in patient scrubs<--new figure! This can also sub for the patient Luke at the end of ESB!!
Chewbacca<--pick a good one
Han (with Blue coat)<-revised figure! Preferably SA!! Would take care of a few scenes!
Leai<--straight rerelease
C-3PO<--pick a good one
FX-7 and 2-1B deluxe pack! Straight rerelease, maybe include some new accessories like the medical bed Luke lays on.

Other Scene waves could be:
• Jabba's palace scene (a good way to get Yarna out there)
• Cantina scene-whatever never before seen aliens, plus an SA old Ben, Ponda Baba-with removable arm.
• Lars Homestead/Purchase of the droids-Improved Owen, Beru, other droids not yet made, tall Jawas
• Ewok villiage-Mother Ewok/woklings, other ewoks. Can be repaints of the fur, but with different headdress. This way Hasbro saves on the figure itself but gives us just enough new with the new paint job and headdress to call it new and make us want to buy it. Endor Rebel trooper, non-descript Rebel pilot. (Maybe a Hayden ghost....MAYBE)

That's just OT, there's plenty from the PT as well, but since we are celebrating the original I stuck with OT stuff for now.

COMMANDERCODY2795
08-21-2006, 01:44 PM
Yeah They Should Just Release All The Speratist Leaders And Their Aides In 2 Seperate Screen Scences As All Together There Are Only Like 6 Or So.

Included:

OT
Assorted Charred Jawas
"Blown" R5-D4
Blasted Greedo remains
Oola half eaten remains
Choked Jabba

Prequel
PERSONNALY I LIKE THAT IDEA BUT ITS A LITTLE TO GRAPHIC FOR KIDS TODAY, SO PARENT WONT LET THEIR KID GET THEM. OH AND BY THE WAY BOBA SURVIVES THE SARLAC.

dindae
08-21-2006, 03:56 PM
Tatooine - always good for me cantina aliens, jawa droids, improved lars
Death Star - with the confrence set there isn't much left
Battle of Yavin - Still a lot of good rebel choices pilots, crew, etc

Hoth - could get some rebels out of it but maybe push it to 2008
Dagobah - very done and we have a battle pack coming out to make it even more done
Bespin - this would be great I would love to see some guards, new ugnaughts, maybe ICMG

Tatooine - jabba's friend are always welcome
Death Star II - could be done Sim Aloo, SA Luke, some rebel pilots
Endor - more ewoks are good but I would like to see them as an EE pack since the rest of endor is pretty much done.

Naboo - more guards, gungans and padme I'm for it
Mos Espa - plenty to choose from
Coruscant - senators, padme, jedi what more do you need

Kamino - aside from some clone/Jango not much here
Lake Country - you could get more including all of naboo get the queen, padme, etc
Geonosis - great battle still good for new versions of jedi and a few more background jedi, clones rerelease, and I would love a repack of the clone pilot.

Utapau - a few good choices to go but pretty well covered
Kashyyyk - not much there that hasn't been done
Order 66 - not really a planet
Mustafar - can add some seperatist

I could see adding Coruscant to all of the prequel movies. When I think about figures I really want I realize how narrow my want lists are. I only have a few scenes that I want to flush out and they really aren't the major characters in those scene that I need. It looks like tons of rehashes to go before I get the figures I want.

Tycho
08-21-2006, 04:22 PM
The rehashes can come out to continue to sell the line like in the last Tatooine wave:

Han and Luke could "fight" Garindan and Hem Dazon and Momaw Nadon since Greedo and Ponda Baba have been overdone.

Nobody's making anyone buy every carded version of Han and Luke, such as if CommTech Han is again recarded on the 30th Anniversary Card. Who cares?

So "CommTech Han" can "fight" Myoom Onith and Elris Helrot (as rumored). I'll just buy the 2 figures I don't have, and a kid who doesn't know who they are, might be happy to get Han Solo if one day he decides to collect Star Wars.

The same goes for Lushros Dofine: he might sell if a new kid could buy an Anakin or Obi-Wan to kill him (not that this happened in the movie). But Lushros was a typical cowardly Niemoidian and not very inspiring.

JediTricks
08-22-2006, 03:39 PM
I've disliked this concept ever since it started in the Saga line, it feels like too many entries are forced or even rushed into production to get in the wave, whether it's older repaints or junky new figures like the Hoth Rebel Soldier. I also fear it's limiting our choices, the team can't think of more than 2 figures from a scene or planet so those 2 figures don't get done.

Slicker
09-06-2006, 05:08 PM
YOH AND BY THE WAY BOBA SURVIVES THE SARLAC.Are you sure? I could've sworn that a blind man with a stick smacked Boba in his easily accessible back pack switch and sent him to his demise. I must've missed the part about him coming out...

...oh, wait. No I didn't. That was in the same book where he was Dengars best man. With a story like that it's GOTTA be true.:thumbsup:

TheDarthVader
09-07-2006, 11:23 PM
Here is my contribution: I would buy anything that had to do with the DEATH STAR. I collect many items having to do with the death star, so as long as it is related then I am good to go.

COMMANDERCODY2795
09-09-2006, 06:02 PM
ORIGANALLY POSTED BY SLICKER.
Are you sure? I could've sworn that a blind man with a stick smacked Boba in his easily accessible back pack switch and sent him to his demise. I must've missed the part about him coming out...
...oh, wait. No I didn't. That was in the same book where he was Dengars best man. With a story like that it's GOTTA be true.:thumbsup:

I Havnt Read The One Where He's Been Dengar's Best Man,by The Way, Wich Book Is That? I Want To Read It. i've Read "PAYBACK DENGAR'S TALE" In Tales Of The Bounty Hunters An "a Barve Like That" In Tales From Jabba's Palace. in both of wich he survives, he's just really badly wounded.

El Chuxter
09-09-2006, 06:27 PM
I Havnt Read The One Where He's Been Dengar's Best Man,by The Way, Wich Book Is That? I Want To Read It. i've Read "PAYBACK DENGAR'S TALE" In Tales Of The Bounty Hunters An "a Barve Like That" In Tales From Jabba's Palace. in both of wich he survives, he's just really badly wounded.

If you read Tales of the Bounty Hunters and Tales from Jabba's Palace, then you've read the one where Boba is Dengar's best man. You must've just forgotten that bit.

I'm not totally against Boba surviving, but the stories in which it happens are stupid. And he should be totally downplayed from that point on. I see he's on the cover of the newest Legacy novel, which means he's somehow involved in that carp. Maybe Dengar will be his best man now or something.

Tycho
09-09-2006, 08:13 PM
Why do you write "carp" instead of "crap?" I don't think that "crap" is auto-sensored, though I'll find out when I hit the submit-post button.

Meanwhile, I though crap was recognized as a synonym for Hasbro on this site?

Note: I must make the disclaimer that I'm kidding. When Hasbro does it right, I'll be the first one to sing praises. I hope that happens as the Endor2/Naboo wave hits really soon.

I have high expectations for Luke Endor, Dud Bolt / Mars Guo, and possibly more.

mabudonicus
09-10-2006, 07:57 AM
"Pice of Carp" is a homage to the "dark times", Tycho, you will notice a certain group of types here will use it on occasion, and for some reason it is especially apropos here ;)

:beard:&

COMMANDERCODY2795
09-10-2006, 08:05 AM
i think you may be right chux. i just remember dengar getting boba away from th sarlacc and them talking so it could be in there.

Tycho
09-10-2006, 11:29 AM
"Pice of Carp" is a homage to the "dark times", Tycho, you will notice a certain group of types here will use it on occasion, and for some reason it is especially apropos here ;)

:beard:&

The "&" thing is driving me nuts. I don't know what that means, but Kidhuman is doing it, too.

I think from this point out I will take a vacation from the grammar police, and revitalize my full authority as the President of the Mouse Droid Sniffers' Association. I will end every one of my posts with "Mouse Droid," until I get an answer. Perhaps you don't know this, but now my keyboard is programmed to end my posts with "Mouse Droid" every time I post. We'll see about your False-&'s. Mouse Droid.