PDA

View Full Version : Ehhhh it begins!

JimJamBonds
08-22-2006, 08:56 AM
I was at Hobby Lobby yesterday and for the first time this year I saw Christmas stuff on display. Which is a good thing since Christmas is only FOUR MONTHS AWAY! :upset:

Working for UPS and before that in retail can really chance a person's outlook on the big day. lol

2-1B
08-22-2006, 11:49 AM
F*** Christmas, I hate it.

Kidhuman
08-22-2006, 12:15 PM
Tis about right since most stores are doing Christmas resets on toys.

Jargo
08-22-2006, 12:19 PM
christmas officially begins in september. I thought everyone knew that. I guess some people are just a little anxious to get started earlier and make sure their place is really decked out. haha coz there's nothing more classy than a house covered in sentimentalised sacharin sweet imagery. Not to mention enough lights to illuminate a football stadium. yeah nothin like putting a total drain on the power stations. bring down the electricity grid with fairy lights why dontcha. Ooh and the music. I mean four months of christmas carols and songs. who could ask for more expecially blasting out at uncivil decibels. I mean, screw easter and halloween and 4th of july and thanksgiving or whatever lets just have 12 months of christmas coz after all if you aint christian you're a heathen who should be destroyed at all costs by means of fire and brimstone. Hell is too good for heathens even. so get with the christian programme and pucker up for christmas like all good as yet unproved deity fearing folk. **** you heathen false god worshippers. Christianity rocks and kicks your ***.

Slicker
08-22-2006, 01:14 PM
I just don't understand why they even bother to put the stuff away. It seems they put it out earlier and earlier every year.

JEDIpartner
08-22-2006, 01:19 PM
Christmas gets my lead pipe to the head recognition today! :upset:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-22-2006, 03:34 PM
Holy nuts. And I thought it was bad that I saw Halloween candy at a few places within the past few weeks. :dead:

Darth Jax
08-22-2006, 03:48 PM
hallmark typically starts releasing their holiday ornaments in july. i haven't noticed those displays up in stores yet.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-22-2006, 07:28 PM
hallmark typically starts releasing their holiday ornaments in july. i haven't noticed those displays up in stores yet.

I saw the display already up at one Hallmark Store. If I had gotten paid this week, I would have already have the ornament.

And yes, I too saw Christmas supplies already on the shelf yesterday. Won't get into the Christmas mood though for a good while now.

JimJamBonds
08-22-2006, 10:46 PM
Holy nuts. And I thought it was bad that I saw Halloween candy at a few places within the past few weeks. :dead:

I saw that crap there as well which I thought was bad enough until I found the Christmas crap. :(

Ji'dai
08-24-2006, 05:19 PM
I've seen more Autumn/Halloween stuff in stores than Christmas-crap lately, but I'm sure that will soon change. I actually like the Halloween stuff, it's my favorite holiday.

2-1B
08-24-2006, 11:26 PM
Agreed, Halloween is my favorite, too! :) I like seeing stuff out for Halloween...I could do without the Christmas and Valentine's merch.

InsaneJediGirl
08-25-2006, 06:00 AM
Seems right...when its 90 degrees outside I think of Christmas lol

CaptainSolo1138
08-25-2006, 06:07 AM
I'm with Caesar and Ji'dai. Seeing Halloween stuff means fall is coming, which means Sunday afternoons on the couch watching football and stuffing myself with on wife's chili!

scruffziller
08-25-2006, 06:18 AM
Damn!!! Did I stumble into Ebenezer's mansion, blachhhhhhh:whip:
I LOVE Christmas!!!!! I love it so because of all those fond memories as a kid getting all those Star Wars toys!!!! SW and Christmas for me have become one in spirit. How can anyone who loves SW (especially on a site about toys) hate the time of year when a franchise they love thrives on its energy!!! Unless you were a lucky kid that got the toys all year round then the specialness is null and void.:ermm: If so, I am sorry for you.

JimJamBonds
08-25-2006, 11:36 AM
I'm with Caesar and Ji'dai. Seeing Halloween stuff means fall is coming, which means Sunday afternoons on the couch watching football and stuffing myself with on wife's chili!

And new for this year lets not forget CHANGING DIAPERS during the last 2 min. of the fourth quarter! :p

CaptainSolo1138
08-25-2006, 01:14 PM
I'm to the point now that as long as I know where his "pistol" is pointing I can do it without looking or in the dark. Same with her. I just need to move faster because that pistol is nearly impossible to point. :D

My wife got a couplke catalogs in the mail the other day and they're loaded from cover to cover with Halloween and Christmas stuff. It's nice to see in the sense that I haven't seen any of it in nine months, but I agree that the last quarter of the year gets too much attention.

El Chuxter
08-27-2006, 09:37 AM
Damn, guys. Sit down, take a sip of water, and calm the **** down.

2-1B
08-27-2006, 01:15 PM
Why? :confused: