PDA

View Full Version : Galactic Battlegrounds question

stardog24
01-28-2002, 01:56 PM
Does music play in the background during gameplay? Is there any sound whatsoever during gameplay? I get music at the beginning before the game starts, but as soon as the field is shown, I get nothing. Is something wrong with my game or is there no sound during gameplay? Just curious.

Lord Malakite
01-28-2002, 03:05 PM
I'm pretty certain from several of the reviews I read that there is supposed to be sound during gameplay. The problem could be with your speakers, sound card, or like you said, the game itself.

warren
02-26-2002, 09:15 PM
There is certainly sounds during the gameplay.
But it is limited to natural sounds.
Don't expect it to have music playing all the while during the gameplay.

PloKoon2385
02-26-2002, 09:53 PM
No there should be music playing the whole time. And it is good music. It is mostly Ep I music. Yours is messed up somehow.

b0b
02-26-2002, 11:07 PM
Alright since all previous posts seem to be extremely unhelpful:
Yes, there is background music to Galactic Battlegrounds. There is a whole load of MP3 files that play continuously in the background while the game is running. The music not playing in the background is a known bug. If you check out the official Galactic Battlegrounds website (http://www.lucasarts.com/products/battlegrounds/default.htm) you can download the update to GB and likely fix the problem.
-b0b - SSG VIDEO GAMES EDITOR

warren
02-27-2002, 02:36 AM
Thanks for the feedback.
I really did not realise that there was a bug
in the game.
I'll visit the official site and get my problem fixed ...

stardog24
02-27-2002, 01:00 PM
Yeah, thanks, b0b.

warren
03-13-2002, 12:22 AM
Hi Bob , I have tried downloading the update patch 1.1 but it seems to me it has no effect. I still don't get the background music during the gameplay.

is there some other way to fix the problem ?

Lord Malakite
03-13-2002, 11:28 AM
You might want to e-mail b0b about the problem warren. He rarely posts in the message boards, so it could be a while before he actually sees your post.

b0b
03-13-2002, 12:06 PM
Actually, the reason I don't post much is that I'm on the internet almost all day at work, doing work. So when I get home, I'm sometimes hardly in the mood to sit down in front of my computer again. Though that is starting to change a bit.

However, the reason I haven't posted a response yet is because I've been looking for some of the fixes that I've read about the no-sound problem. I don't want to type up non-pertinent posts on the boards. Ummmm, like this one. D'OH!

Anyway, I'll get an answer back, and Lord Malakite, I'll post more when I have the time. ;)

Lord Malakite
03-13-2002, 03:53 PM
I figured it was probably due to your work. :)

warren
03-13-2002, 08:31 PM
Thanks a lot guys .... I appreciate it !!!
will be waiting for your reply regarding this no sound problem.

Does it happen to almost every set or just mine ????? :(

b0b
03-14-2002, 12:49 AM
I've heard reports that it happens to about 10% of the machines out there. It happened to mine the first time out. It also happened to a friend of mine. Mine was fixed by using the 1.1 update, and my friend's was fixed by reinstalling DirectX. You might want to run the DirectX diagnostics to make sure you aren't having any problems. Simply go to the Start button in windows, go to RUN, and type in DXDIAG.