PDA

View Full Version : We Are Marshall

stillakid
08-22-2006, 09:00 PM
I was in West Virginia and Atlanta earlier this year to shoot behind the scenes for We Are Marshall. Here's a featurette that was cut from that footage:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/wearemarshall/featurette/

:)

Tycho
08-23-2006, 10:46 AM
Sorry Stillakid. My Quicktime program didn't want to play that. I do want to see your work. Any computer suggestions?

What is "We Are Marshall" about?

2-1B
08-23-2006, 11:52 AM
McG directing Matthew McWannabe? I smell Oscar. :D

stillakid
08-23-2006, 12:30 PM
Sorry Stillakid. My Quicktime program didn't want to play that. I do want to see your work. Any computer suggestions?

What is "We Are Marshall" about?

Hmm, I don't know. All I could suggest is going to the Apple site and making sure you have the latest version. Unfortunately I'm not much of a computer expert. I know enough to get by....

Maybe use a different browser? I've noticed that Firefox has trouble with QT stuff more often than not. IE seems to work almost all the time.

Tycho
08-23-2006, 01:38 PM
Yeah, I use Internet Explorer, but sometimes it doesn't open stuff.

dr_evazan22
08-24-2006, 09:39 PM
It looks interesting. When does it come out? Have you watched the featurette? Are you in it?

JimJamBonds
08-24-2006, 10:24 PM
I hope there is something about all the couch burning they do after winning big football games.

stillakid
08-24-2006, 11:09 PM
It looks interesting. When does it come out? Have you watched the featurette? Are you in it?

New latest release date I've heard is December 22. I have watched it. I'm not in it. I did shoot all of it except for the stock footage, of course. :)

stillakid
08-24-2006, 11:10 PM
I hope there is something about all the couch burning they do after winning big football games.

No couch burning, but everyone is very happy. :)

Tycho
08-25-2006, 01:15 AM
I couldn't see the video. Is this about Marshall Faulk? He is alumni from my alma matter: SDSU.

I thought it was about Marshall Matthers before (Emiem) before someone mentioned football.

2-1B
08-25-2006, 01:22 AM
Tycho, there was a plane crash back in the 70s that killed many Marshall players and coaches so the program had to rebuild.

Marshall is the school that Randy Moss went to, among others...I believe Chad Pennington, too ?

Tycho
08-25-2006, 01:39 AM
Oh. I'm not a NCAA fan of any sports, and I barely watch professional leagues as well.

I tend to think of politics and war as sports and you can tell the winners because they're still standing and there usually is no second game. (Usually - Hezbollah and Israel are in a World Series ;) )

So anyway, I don't know if Marshall is known for football (seems so), or basketball, or how their croquet team does.

2-1B
08-25-2006, 02:34 AM
I think they're known more as a "mid-major", not a huge powerhouse of collegiate football (I'm not a diehard NCAA fan like I am with the NFL).

Over the past few years they've been "known" for a handful of players who went pro and made it in that NFL (this is in no way a slap at any tradition at Marshall, just saying that many people don't know that much about the school/program...including me:D ).

stillakid
08-25-2006, 08:20 AM
The story is less about football itself and more about how the school and the community work to overcome the tragedy. A similar situation happened in Wisconsin where a team (I can't recall what sport right now) was wiped out by a plane crash.

JimJamBonds
08-25-2006, 12:58 PM
Tycho, there was a plane crash back in the 70s that killed many Marshall players and coaches so the program had to rebuild.

Marshall is the school that Randy Moss went to, among others...I believe Chad Pennington, too ?

Bryon Leftwich and Jason Williams of the NBA as well.