PDA

View Full Version : A most unexpected delivery

El Chuxter
08-22-2006, 11:45 PM
Expected arrival date: 10/2/2006

Actual arrival date: 8/22/06

Happy birthday, Charlotte Elizabeth [Chuxter]. :)

She's still in the neo-natal ICU, under close observation. Aside from rapid breathing (not uncommon in premies), she's doing quite well. (Mrs Chuxter seemed to be having a normal, even mild, pregnancy until this morning, when suddenly her water broke, and she was almost immediately in labor.)

So I'll probably be scarce from this neck of the woods for several days. ;)

2-1B
08-22-2006, 11:49 PM
Hey hey, congrats Chux and welcome to the newest of the n00bs, Ms. Lil Chux ! :grin:

Indeed your seed is powerful, as the Emperor has foreseen.
-Darth Vader

figrin bran
08-23-2006, 12:20 AM
let me be the second to congratulate you Chux!

hopefully you and mother and daughter are doing well. :thumbsup:

Banthaholic
08-23-2006, 12:21 AM
Congrats man, best of wishes to the younling and to your wife.

Glad to see the next generation of SSG posters is starting to populate

plasticfetish
08-23-2006, 01:13 AM
Congratulations!!!

2-1B
08-23-2006, 01:24 AM
Well, I wouldn't call it a "most" unexpected delivery...early, sure, but not COMPLETELY unexpected, unless Chux was unaware of his pending paternity. lol lol lol

mabudonicus
08-23-2006, 04:40 AM
Congrats Chux, damn that's cool... I sent ya a message yesterday and thought that you'd disappeared to take the heat off :beard:
Glad you had an actual reason to skip out.
Hope you, Mrs.Chuxter and the little one are in for relatively smooth sailing :D

Kidhuman
08-23-2006, 05:28 AM
Awesome dude. Congrats to both of you. May she bring you guys peace and joy through out your life. Mrs. KH loves the name. Will give ya a call later this week old friend. Enjoy your new child.

Edit: Forgot to say she is a beautiful child. Can I get a few wallet sizes?

CaptainSolo1138
08-23-2006, 05:41 AM
CONGRATS, CHUX!!! I'm really happy for the both of you and happier yet that you both FINALLY know the sex of your kid :thumbsup:

The NICU stuff can be pretty scary, but assuming Mrs. Chuxter was around 34 weeks you guys should be in great shape. We were at 31 weeks or so and we were there for two months, and if you go by the equation the nurses use and assume every day in the belly is two less in the NICU, then it would stand to reason that you guys should only be there for a couple weeks tops.

The best part of the NICU? They get the kids on a feeding schedule for you!

This is great news indeed, Chux. I couldn't be happier and wish the three of you the absolute best! Would I be correct in assuming that it was an immaculate conception? I only ask becuase anything that beautiful can't possibly have Flornbi genes! :D

2-1B
08-23-2006, 07:48 AM
whatever Twin Pops, you probably read this thread and smirked at Chux's inability to produce multiple babies. lol lol lol

and forgive me for not making the connection last night, but if Mrs. Human likes the name of the babe, I can only imagine how Palpatine feels. :crazed:

Rogue II
08-23-2006, 08:52 AM
Congrats, Chux.

Rocketboy
08-23-2006, 09:06 AM
Whoa...how the heck did I miss this thread when I first checked the site?

CONGRATS!!!

JimJamBonds
08-23-2006, 09:08 AM
Congrats Chux! :thumbsup:

seanmcfripp
08-23-2006, 09:53 AM
whatever Twin Pops, you probably read this thread and smirked at Chux's inability to produce multiple babies. lol lol lol

I'm smirkin' away. Yep, tough work getting into the two'fer club. Better luck next time Chuxt. In the meantime, a rockin' congrats to you, good sir!

Like CaptainSolo said, 34 weeks and you're in the clear. Our girls came at a few days shy of 34 weeks, and they were only in the NICU for a few days.

darthvyn
08-23-2006, 10:58 AM
wow! that does sound pretty unexpected, to have no signs of complications, and then BAM! get ready The Grins!

congrats, btw... and caesar beat me to "the phantom charlotte" ref... a day old and your kid's getting picked on... and by STAR WARS GEEKS no less... that must suck!

DarthQuack
08-23-2006, 11:08 AM
Congrats Chux!! Lots of happiness to you and your family on the new addition!

Battle Droid
08-23-2006, 11:13 AM
CONGRATS, she's beautiful! :thumbsup:

Dar' Argol
08-23-2006, 01:24 PM
A big ole slap on the back and CONGRATS to you and Mrs Chux!

Kids are great, not only can you feel the greatest pride in each of their accomplishments, but then you can also want to kill them when they knock down an entire display of figures.

Word of advice, start moving things to higher ground now. :D\

Congrats again Chux!

Darth Instigator
08-23-2006, 01:36 PM
congrats chux, I know how you feel right now

CaptainSolo1138
08-23-2006, 02:03 PM
Has anyone PM'd Grimlock yet to let him know?

LusiferSam
08-23-2006, 02:27 PM
Congratulations to both of you. Hopefully both of you are getting some rest.

Kidhuman
08-23-2006, 02:45 PM
Has anyone PM'd Grimlock yet to let him know?

Something tells me he knows already

JediTricks
08-23-2006, 03:05 PM
Ok, who shaved an Ewok? ;)

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter Chux, and may your first child be a masculine child... dangit Luca Brasi, you blew it again! :p

Let us know when she starts posting on the forums. :D

Bobby Fett
08-23-2006, 09:05 PM
Way to go Chux and Mrs. Chux! :thumbsup:

BTW, does a baby pooh in the woods?

Yes, and everywhere else as well! :love:

bobafrett
08-23-2006, 09:07 PM
Congratulations Chux, Mrs Chux and Youngling!

The day I feared is fast approaching for my son, the day he starts drivers Education. I've worried about this day since he was 2, so you still have a couple years before you need to concern yourself!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-23-2006, 09:17 PM
Congratulations Chux,

You are blessed with a beautiful bouncing girl, and with medical technology, there is no doubt she is in good hands and will make it without any complication.

I am already canvasing invitations to embark on a crusade to kill the soon-to-be-born antichrist, but it looks like he'll come out of a different mother.

InsaneJediGirl
08-23-2006, 09:40 PM
Congrats Chux and Mrs. Chux!

Another future SW geek added to the mix :)

El Chuxter
08-24-2006, 01:55 AM
Thanks for all the well wishes, y'all. :) I'm about half dead right now, having spent most of the day in the NICU (we were able to hold her today, but it looks like she won't be coming home until Friday at the earliest), and I just got home from driving 30 minutes so I could let my parents and brothers in when they got into town.

plasticfetish
08-24-2006, 02:51 AM
Thanks for all the well wishes, y'all. :) I'm about half dead right nowWelcome to parenthood. ;)

2-1B
08-24-2006, 11:22 AM
I'm smirkin' away. Yep, tough work getting into the two'fer club. Better luck next time Chuxt. In the meantime, a rockin' congrats to you, good sir!

Like CaptainSolo said, 34 weeks and you're in the clear. Our girls came at a few days shy of 34 weeks, and they were only in the NICU for a few days.

Sean once told me that Fathers Of Twins are like Prequel Fans because they have 2 babies that they love equally and can't pick a favorite from. :grin:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-24-2006, 03:48 PM
Congrats, man! I hope she has the best medical droids on all of Polis Massa. :D

Ji'dai
08-24-2006, 05:16 PM
Well, congratulations! Hope the young one gets to go home as soon as possible.

I see a lot of Barbies, Bratz, and My Little Pony's instead of SW & Transformers in your future ;)

Kidhuman
08-24-2006, 05:24 PM
You forgot Littlest Pet Shop Ji'dai

CaptainSolo1138
08-24-2006, 07:54 PM
You forgot Littlest Pet Shop Ji'dai
But that's Chux's.

Slicker
08-24-2006, 08:02 PM
Well, at least this proves that SW geeks CAN get sex. There is still hope for the rest of us!

I kid, I kid.

Congrats, Chux. If she's even have as cute as my niece and nephew then you're completely golden.

2-1B
08-24-2006, 11:18 PM
Congrats, man! I hope she has the best medical droids on all of Polis Massa. :D

That's the reason I want to have a kid someday, so when the bearer of my spawn is writhing in pain I can be scooping my hands in the background saying "Oooooobah. Ooooooooobah."

Slicker
08-25-2006, 05:10 AM
That's the reason I want to have a kid somedayAnd I think that very reasoning for wanting to have a kid will leave you childless FOREVER!:whip:

seanmcfripp
08-25-2006, 10:56 AM
Sean once told me that Fathers Of Twins are like Prequel Fans because they have 2 babies that they love equally and can't pick a favorite from. :grin:

I guess that makes you and "The Rick" proud parents of a set of triplets, buncha' bipolar little brats that they are. Gosh, I hate those kids. :mad:

2-1B
08-25-2006, 11:32 AM
And I think that very reasoning for wanting to have a kid will leave you childless FOREVER!:whip:

Good, I could use the money I'll save and spend it more wisely. ;)

I guess that makes you and "The Rick" proud parents of a set of triplets, buncha' bipolar little brats that they are. Gosh, I hate those kids. :mad:

Exactly, but then the next minute you love them.

I'm beginning to wonder if Caesar and seanmcfripp aren't one in the same, we're just separate bipolar entities of SeanMcCaesar...each side of the bipolar brain posting in shifts. Notice how sean and "I" are never online at the same time? :)

Either way, we're both dead sexy.

Now if only Lil Chux could have held out a few more days and been born today with JimJam and MasterMatt, THEN we'd have our SSG triplets ! :grin: :grin: :grin:

JEDIpartner
08-25-2006, 11:40 AM
Is it a bee?

Darth Cruel
08-25-2006, 03:06 PM
Congratulation, EC! The Force gets stronger each and every time a child is born (and judging by mine, the Dark Side benefits as much as the Light Side).

jjreason
08-26-2006, 04:00 PM
I'm ashamed at being so late, Chux - but am absolutely thrilled for you and the Mrs. Wonderful news.

El Chuxter
08-26-2006, 06:25 PM
She's still in the NICU until she can learn to eat, breathe, and circulate blood properly at the same time. Hopefully another day or two. (The 30-40 minute drive to and from the hospital is really wearing me down, but it's well worth it.) Aside from that, she's doing spectacularly well. This morning, she was even lifting her head and looking around, which is apparently rare for newborns, much less preemies.

I can tell already that she is going to be spoiled rotten. :) I've been in a couple of stores in the past week for reasons not tied to my toy addiction, and I believe I spent more time in the baby toys and "girlie" aisles of the stores than looking at action figures.

maatu
08-26-2006, 07:02 PM
congrats , absolutely wonderful.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-27-2006, 09:20 AM
And when you and she both cannot sleep late at night, just take her to the soothing glow of the computer screen and scroll through the threads here at SSG. Ways to beat that insomnia (you know a list is coming):

10. Just click a reply of all smileys.
9. Spend time creating :Lil' Ms. Chux: smiley.
8. Count all Caesar's resurrected threads.
7. Spam SirSteve's PM box.
6. Get around the only-one-ISP rule.
5. Train her to say "banned" for her first word.
4. Her gurgling and cooing can replace several scenes of dialogue in the PT.
3. Let her easily fall asleep with all the complaints about resculpts.
2. I don't even collect the diaper bags, but...
1. Reassure her she's in no way related to Slicker's mom!

Congratulations. You've taken your first step into- (watch out for the baby gate! :eek: )... :yes:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-27-2006, 09:49 AM
awesome Chux!! Congrats, dude!!! I was a Premie and all that jazz, but i'm currently 6'2'' and 270 pounds. I'm sure she'll be alright!!! Congrats though!!

P.S.- WTF, nothing even remotely SW related in her name?!?!? couldn't sneake a Padme or Leia in there, eh? :love:

Rogue II
08-27-2006, 10:05 AM
To tack on to BCJ's list...

11. Come up with ways to convert existing molds from Little People and Little Pets into Star Wars playsets.
12. Packing up the Star Wars collection to make room for Barbie.
13. Trying to reprogram the mobile in her crib to play the song from the Cantina
14. Build up a knowledge database for all the Disney Princesses
15. Finding the right mixture of baby food peas and green beans to match the slime that got on C-3PO in ROTJ.

Kidhuman
08-27-2006, 10:38 AM
awesome Chux!! Congrats, dude!!! I was a Premie and all that jazz, but i'm currently 6'2'' and 270 pounds. I'm sure she'll be alright!!! Congrats though!!

See proof that there is nothing to worry about.

UKWildcat
08-27-2006, 11:37 AM
Sorry about the late reply but Congrats Chux!!!

Btw, you all picked a very pretty name in Charlotte Elizabeth.:yes: :thumbsup:

Slicker
08-27-2006, 11:46 AM
See proof that there is nothing to worry about.Let's just hope that Chux' daughter isn't 6'2" and 270 lbs. though.

scruffziller
08-27-2006, 12:10 PM
Congrads Chux!!! Looks like she has that Kit Fisto grin too!!!:D

Deoxyribonucleic
08-27-2006, 12:49 PM
Congrats Chux, CONGRATS to you and your wife and the lil one! She's BEAUTIFUL! :love:

bobafrett
08-27-2006, 04:58 PM
16. Baby proof all low cabinets as she will be crawling before you know it, and that's when the trouble starts!

seanmcfripp
08-28-2006, 11:08 AM
Notice how sean and "I" are never online at the same time? :)

I'm glad you noticed it, because I've often wondered about this myself.

I'm beginning to wonder if Caesar and seanmcfripp aren't one in the same, we're just separate bipolar entities of SeanMcCaesar...each side of the bipolar brain posting in shifts.

So which one of us is Edward Norton? I guess that makes the other guy Brad Pitt. More importantly, which one of us gets to nail Helena Bonham Carter? If I understand this correctly, I think we both do!!! Sweet.

Either way, we're both dead sexy.

Don't have to remind me, although I could stand to hear this repeated a few times a day, every day.

Deoxyribonucleic
08-29-2006, 12:11 PM
and I believe I spent more time in the baby toys and "girlie" aisles of the stores than looking at action figures.

and so it starts ;) That's gotta feel good, I must admit! Oh man, my biological mama clock is ticking DAMNIT!! hehe

JEDIpartner
08-29-2006, 12:26 PM
Not a bee? Oh!! A BAY-BEE!! A baby!!!

Congrats, mista and missus!!! :thumbsup:

Slicker
08-29-2006, 12:53 PM
and so it starts ;) That's gotta feel good, I must admit! Oh man, my biological mama clock is ticking DAMNIT!! hehe*raises hand* You need some help?;)

HAW!!!!

Deoxyribonucleic
08-29-2006, 01:01 PM
*raises hand* You need some help?;)

Yes, you can hold the turkey baister ;) :love:

Slicker
08-29-2006, 04:26 PM
Yes, you can hold the turkey baister ;) :love:I was soooooo gonna say that but didn't know if it would offend you (although I should know better by now) or it was a bit much for the forums.

I guess the love which I have for you is destined to be forbidden, Ox.

CaptainSolo1138
08-29-2006, 07:54 PM
There's gonna have to be some...uhh...you know....photographic documentation of the whole process. Mind if I "help"?;)

bobafrett
08-29-2006, 08:48 PM
and so it starts ;) That's gotta feel good, I must admit! Oh man, my biological mama clock is ticking DAMNIT!! hehe

I'm mailing you some of my "Sea Men" as I have some pretty good looking genetics! You'll have to do the Turkey Baster thing yourself, as I have to get a fourth job to support the youngster! :lipsrsealed:

El Chuxter
08-29-2006, 09:26 PM
From a baby announcement to a bunch of guys hitting on a lesbian. Man, this thread has strayed far from its humble beginnings. :D

Rocketboy
08-29-2006, 10:05 PM
From a baby announcement to a bunch of guys hitting on a lesbian. Man, this thread has strayed far from its humble beginnings. :DDid you expect anything less in these parts?

Rogue II
08-29-2006, 10:30 PM
And what's a turkey baister between friends?

Slicker, stay out of my kitchen.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-29-2006, 11:03 PM
From a baby announcement to a bunch of guys hitting on a lesbian. Man, this thread has strayed far from its humble beginnings. :DSlicker's a lesbian?!? :confused: :eek:

Save this thread for the baby album...

Older Chux: "See? This is why daddy takes that special medicine so much now. But don't you worry, none of those crazy monsters will ever hurt you."
Toddler Chux: "How curious. Such an odd existence you lived, father."
Older Chux: "WHHHUUUUAAAAA?!?!!"
Toddler Chux: "Uh, I mean, 'goo goo ga ga.'"

CaptainSolo1138
08-30-2006, 06:31 AM
She's still in the NICU until she can learn to eat,Is you wife feeding her...errr..."naturally" or do you have to get Charlotte to figure out bottles? They're not giving her a feeding tube, are they?! That always broke my heart.
breathe,Is she on a ventilator or does she have a CPAP? Are they giving her caffine to prevent apneas?
(The 30-40 minute drive to and from the hospital is really wearing me down, but it's well worth it.)I had to drive an hour each way. For three months. Eat it, Richards. ;)
Aside from that, she's doing spectacularly well. This morning, she was even lifting her head and looking around, which is apparently rare for newborns, much less preemies.That's awesome. After "going thru it", I'm always glad to hear about people "graduating" from the NICU.

2-1B
08-30-2006, 09:10 AM
I feel left out :( , I think I'll go knock someone up.

bobafrett
08-30-2006, 09:34 PM
I feel left out :( , I think I'll go knock someone up.

NO! Don't do it Caes, it only leads to years of child support payments, and then they want your car keys only to leave you later as an empty nester. :cry:

Kidhuman
08-30-2006, 10:28 PM
Has she come home yet&

El Chuxter
08-31-2006, 01:36 AM
No, still in the hospital. Until she can take the entire bottle on her own at every feeding for 24 hours, we're making two or three trips to the hospital and back each day. :(

Here's a more recent pic, though. :)

2-1B
08-31-2006, 02:20 AM
Look at those attentive eyes! :grin: I take it she's viewing Star Wars for the first time? :grin:

(be sure to start her off with TPM so she can contribute to Tycho's research project ;) )

Kidhuman
08-31-2006, 05:26 AM
She is adoreable Chux, she will be home in no time. She is as cute as an &

El Chuxter
09-01-2006, 01:51 AM
THX. :D

By the way, it took tremendous willpower on my part, but (after getting to the checkout screen and getting ready to enter the $10 off promo code from Comic-Con), I decided she needed things like food and diapers more than the Barriss & Luminara maquette. Partly because she has no use for it. And partly because I'd be a dead man if that thing showed up on the doorstep without clearly being identified as a gift or freebie of some sort.

A friend of mine who wanted me to have kids picked up a little Darth Vader onesie for my then-unborn progeny many months ago. Once she is able to come home, she will wear it, whether from the little boys' department or not. :)

Kidhuman
09-01-2006, 06:01 AM
Awesome, every he should have a Vader onesie&

CaptainSolo1138
09-01-2006, 06:29 AM
A friend of mine who wanted me to have kids picked up a little Darth Vader onesie for my then-unborn progeny many months ago. Once she is able to come home, she will wear it, whether from the little boys' department or not. :)The bad part is that it'll fit for about 20 minutes before she grows out of it. :D

And by the way, have fun paying for NeoSure. That stuff is expensive as hell.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-01-2006, 07:43 AM
THX. :D
I decided she needed things like food and diapers more than the Barriss & Luminara maquette. Partly because she has no use for it. And partly because I'd be a dead man if that thing showed up on the doorstep without clearly being identified as a gift or freebie of some sort.

A friend of mine who wanted me to have kids picked up a little Darth Vader onesie for my then-unborn progeny many months ago. Once she is able to come home, she will wear it, whether from the little boys' department or not. :)Just wait for the Underoos B & L set. It'll take a few years for her to fit into it, but it'll be well worth it. Or, you could go to sw.com and get a customized verysmall that says "Barriss Got back" or something. :p

Or would all that make you a dead man, too?

darthvyn
09-01-2006, 01:01 PM
Has she come home yet&

Awesome, every he should have a Vader onesie&

dude, what's with the ampersands? is that like, your new "thing"? like PENDO! or something?

mrs. vyn and i already picked up two onesies at hot topic - one is pale blue and has a brown silkscreen print of a guitar with some other crap around it and it says "rockstar" on it... mine was all black with a skull and crossbones on it. those are gonna rock!

&!

CaptainSolo1138
09-01-2006, 01:11 PM
I advise you, dearest vynsent, to check out the onesies at TShirtHell.com (http://www.tshirthell.com/babyhell.shtml).

bobafrett
09-01-2006, 11:19 PM
Do onsies come in adult sizes!

Deoxyribonucleic
09-01-2006, 11:41 PM
(be sure to start her off with TPM so she can contribute to Tycho's research project ;) )

How it sux like a fox!! ;)

Luv ya :love:

mabudonicus
09-01-2006, 11:48 PM
Lookin good Chux, glad you got all the drapes hung ahead of time eh??

And Vinsunt, hey, no knocking the ampersands okay :beard:&

Bel-Cam Jos
09-02-2006, 10:50 AM
And Vinsunt, hey, no knocking the ampersands okay :beard:&I always thought it was "ambersands," named after Amber Sand, the pen name of the brother of George Sand, the female writer who used a male pen name to publish her/his work. Am I write, or am I rite&?

mabudonicus
09-03-2006, 08:37 AM
Neither, Bel-Cam, you're wright&

:D

Bel-Cam Jos
09-03-2006, 09:43 AM
Neither, Bel-Cam, you're wright&

:DD'oh! I mean&, "doe! " Or is it& "dough?" Or perhaps& "Mithrawdonantucket?" :o

Anyway, I guess I'll have to name my future daughter (doughter?) Amber Sand Jos... the IV. Now, if there was only some way to receive such a gift... :rolleyes:

dr_evazan22
09-04-2006, 07:06 PM
Congratulations Chux!

darthvyn
09-04-2006, 10:09 PM
I advise you, dearest vynsent, to check out the onesies at TShirtHell.com (http://www.tshirthell.com/babyhell.shtml).

i already knew about those, and would be all over those like a sauce, except the missus ain't too fond of them... i'll sneak at least one, though...

Lookin good Chux, glad you got all the drapes hung ahead of time eh??

And Vinsunt, hey, no knocking the ampersands okay :beard:&

so, ampersands, and different ways of spelling my name... i'm not in on the joke, am i? I AM THE JOKE!!! i'm taking my ball and going home!!!!

*!

Kidhuman
09-04-2006, 10:36 PM
Dotn leave Vyn&, we need the ball. What else will baby Chux play with?&

El Chuxter
09-11-2006, 02:51 PM
Here's a pic from earlier today of Chux Jr at home.

CaptainSolo1138
09-11-2006, 02:56 PM
Awesome. Every home should have that onesie, whether they have kids or not.

She's a beuat, Chux.

Kidhuman
09-11-2006, 03:14 PM
Dude, I had that onesie back in the day, did you dig my trash&?&

Rogue II
09-11-2006, 04:29 PM
Enjoy it while you can. She will be too big for it in a month or so. After our 2nd was born, my wife pulled out baby clothes from our first daughter that were either worn once or never worn at all.

Slicker
09-11-2006, 06:01 PM
I bought that same onesie for my friends baby too.

The kids looking cute. I just hope she doesn't have alot of Flornbi in 'er.

2-1B
09-11-2006, 06:52 PM
Don't be ridiculous Slick, I'm sure Chuxter Episode I The Phantom Chux is a florntastic baby.