PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with OMGCNFO.com?

mrshiny
08-23-2006, 02:25 PM
OK, is it just me, or has anyone else recently been charged by OMGNCFO and nothing arrived? I emailed them with no response. The phone number on the site is disconnected.

Anyone else?

Slicker
08-23-2006, 05:11 PM
Uh, oh. It sounds like we have another Kebco on our hands...

Reefer Shark
08-23-2006, 07:52 PM
Yeah.... OMGCNF screwed me too. I lost about $60. They charged me for some pre-orders, and then I never saw anything. Been trying to recover the $$$ for a while now, but I fear it's a lost cause at this point.

Definitely another Kebco situation....

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-23-2006, 08:20 PM
I figured things were hazy when the Kill Bill vol 2 figures were on pre-order for several months. And Maestro Hulk is still a pre-order. Odds are, they're done. Shame too cos i enjoyed doing business with them. :(

darktater
08-24-2006, 04:01 PM
Didn't I read somewhere that OMGCNFO is a west coast subsiderary of KEBco? Or was that in one of my nightmares?

Jayspawn
08-27-2006, 09:07 PM
Thats too bad. I've done business with them in the past. Real shame.

songwrtr
08-28-2006, 10:27 AM
Didn't I read somewhere that OMGCNFO is a west coast subsiderary of KEBco? Or was that in one of my nightmares?

My first thought is that it's just one of your nightmares because KEBCo doesn't have enough resources to have a viable east coast branch anymore, no less a west coast one.

Of course, when the business model is essentially register a web site and advertise lots of product on it, take people's money for that product and run without delivering anything but broken promises (if that), well, I guess that Ken and Scott could very well afford to have several subsidiaries. Not that I'm saying that OMGCNFO is at all related. I wouldn't know; I've practically given up ordering from on-line stores after getting fleeced in the KEBCo debacle.

But I don't want to turn this into another KEBCo bashing thread. That horse has been dead for a long time (and besides, there's a separate thread for that). Sad to see that there's another company preying on collectors.

mrshiny
09-04-2006, 07:42 AM
I just had my bank dispute the charge. They've issued me a temporary credit, which should hold up, as I haven't gotten anything for the charge!

I would have contacted OMGCNFO, but the one phone number they list when I tried it came up as disconnected!

bobafrett
09-04-2006, 08:56 AM
Was this a seller of Star Wars merchandise? I've never heard of the company, and just curious as to what kind of stuff they dealt with.

mrshiny
09-04-2006, 02:37 PM
They sold all sorts of action figures. Their site is still up: http://www.omgcnfo.com

Slicker
09-04-2006, 02:51 PM
Was this a seller of Star Wars merchandise? I've never heard of the company, and just curious as to what kind of stuff they dealt with.
I remember when they first came out and up until I read this thread they had always been a good dealer with very, very fair prices which is why this comes as more of a shock.

tagmac
09-19-2006, 12:04 PM
The best online places are the sites that come from large, reputable stores, like Amazon, TRU, KB (although they screwed up an order once and I had to pay to ship the figures back), Wal-Mart, etc. Those, and the big ones that have actual stores in California, like McFarlane and EE are also pretty good. The smaller sites are usually pretty good, but one must always be wary.

dindae
09-29-2006, 09:43 AM
Sorry to hear this. I was going to order some of their exclusive Muppet stuff. Oh well guess I will hit it up on ebay.

Kidhuman
09-29-2006, 10:22 AM
I have been using www.razorsedgecollectibles.com for some SW stuff lately. They are very good so far. I had used OMG and they were good to me, sent me free stuff too.

dindae
09-29-2006, 10:48 AM
I have been using www.razorsedgecollectibles.com for some SW stuff lately. They are very good so far. I had used OMG and they were good to me, sent me free stuff too.

I like the prices but the deposit thing gives me bad flashbacks so I'm gonna stick with EE. I'm at a point where saving a few bucks isn't worth the potential getting screwed.

Kidhuman
09-29-2006, 10:51 AM
Just to let you know, he has been in business foir a long time, he also does computer stuff in the same store, they recently got into toys.

mtriv73
09-29-2006, 10:51 AM
I had ordered from them several times in the past and always gotten what I ordered fast. Then, in late 2005 I preordered the saga wave 1 set from them and it never arrived. Luckily, they didn't charge me anything but I lost confidence in OMG.

For online ordering now, I stick with newforcecomics, bigbadtoystore, EE and Brian's toys. I would just order everything from BBTS and be done with all this chasing around, but their prices have been creeping up as they're getting more popular. Newforce is great. I've ordered 2 cases from them and gotten them in before seeing them on the pegs (at delivered prices comparable to buying individually at WM.) The only problem is, they don't carry everything.

Deoxyribonucleic
09-29-2006, 12:21 PM
I learned my lesson from Kebco, lost $200 from them so now I stick to Entertainment Earth, they may be a bit more pricey but at least I know my stuff will come and in great shape!! Sorry that this has to happen AGAIN! Hope all you guys get your money back or at least your merchandise.