PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Hockey again peeps

Kidhuman
08-23-2006, 09:39 PM
League is created. PM email addy to me, Slick, Solo, Rogue II, DQ and J&H have invites already.

LBC, you and your bro in, RB spot is saved for you.

DO you want points like last year or go head ot head?

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-23-2006, 10:07 PM
KH, Thanks for saving my brother and me a spot. Is it too early to create a team yet?

Head to Head, I liked much better than the point system. The point system was so dependent on goaltenders.

Rocketboy
08-23-2006, 10:21 PM
Awesome! Can't wait.

Kidhuman
08-23-2006, 11:05 PM
Ok, send me the emails LBC and I can get you in. We will be doing a LIVE draft again, they are fun. It is scheduled for 11pm on a saturday night right now, so I can change it if need be.

figrin bran
08-24-2006, 01:29 AM
i don't follow hockey enough to be a factor in the league but count me in if you do one for basketball this year.

CaptainSolo1138
08-24-2006, 07:37 AM
Head to head! Please! Unless you draft two of the top eight or ten goalies you have zero chance of winning. I'd prefer things to be more dependent on scoring.

Thanks for the add, KH. I noticed that leagues were available yesterday and wondered what took you so long. ;)

Anyone interested in being in two leagues? I play in two regularly, but thought of starting another one (as a companion to, not in compitition with this one :D) for s**ts and giggles. Let me know if'n you're interested.

Rogue II
08-24-2006, 09:31 AM
Dibs on Danton.

Slicker
08-24-2006, 02:53 PM
Definitely head to head. As mentioned the teams are just far too goalie based in regular points.

Adam, if you start another league I'm down. Gives me a better chance of not suckin' hind tittie.

Kidhuman
08-24-2006, 06:18 PM
Solo, you should know what took me so long, you called and what was I doing?

I would do anohter league if you start it Solo.

We need to have an even amount for head to head play, so if anyone could get a last minute player if need be LMK when I ask for one. Drast is Sept 30th at 11pm eastern time, it is a saturday night so I dont wanna here carp from anyone that they have to work.

Slicker
08-24-2006, 06:34 PM
it is a saturday night so I dont wanna here carp from anyone that they have to work.What if we have to go out and get sexed up?

That still doesn't apply to any of us. Just curious.;)

Kidhuman
08-24-2006, 07:41 PM
Give her some exlax, do whatever, but make the draft!!!!

CaptainSolo1138
08-24-2006, 09:02 PM
Alrighty then. I'll put the league together tomorrow at work. PM me if you want an invite (Except for RB, KH and Slick)!

Rocketboy
08-24-2006, 09:11 PM
Alrighty then. I'll put the league together tomorrow at work. PM me if you want an invite (Except for RB, KH and Slick)!If I didn't know better, that sounded like you were excluding us!
:D

jerk.

Kidhuman
08-24-2006, 09:12 PM
If I didn't know better, that sounded like you were excluding us!
:D

jerk.

I agree......

Slicker
08-25-2006, 06:06 AM
That's ok. We didn't wanna play in his stupid league anyways.

CaptainSolo1138
08-25-2006, 06:44 AM
Leagues up.

League ID= 11996
Password= domi

Kidhuman
08-25-2006, 07:54 AM
Present and accounted for.

Rogue II
08-26-2006, 09:10 PM
I joined both leagues.

Kidhuman
08-29-2006, 05:19 PM
We have an odd number right now, need one more to join so we can get head to head rules applied.

CaptainSolo1138
08-29-2006, 08:51 PM
Alright, where are all of you pices of carp at? RB, you need to join yet. Anyone else? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

If we end up with less than 6 I may just fold the league :(

Rocketboy
08-29-2006, 09:20 PM
I'll join - I just haven't yet.

Rocketboy
09-11-2006, 12:25 AM
Double post (eat it Grimlock).

I finally registered for Cappy's league.
Now get off my back, chump!

CaptainSolo1138
09-11-2006, 07:52 AM
About damn time. :D

Kidhuman
09-29-2006, 11:21 PM
My team in Solo's draft:

P. Datsyuk C
R. Luongo G
M. Naslund LW
T. Vokoun G
S. Zubov D
P. Kariya LW
M. Satan RW
M. Malik D
M. Modano C
M. Hejduk RW
M. Legace G
S. Gomez C
P. Sykora RW
M. Rozsival D
C. Joseph G
P. Kubina D

Rocketboy
09-29-2006, 11:37 PM
M Sundin C
R Lang C
V Lecavalier C
J Arnott C
K Calder LW
S Samsonov LW
H Zetterberg LW
M Straka LW
D Zubrus RW
J Cheechoo RW
S Sullivan RW
S Gonchar D
Z Chara D
R Miller G
D Roloson G
D Aebischer G

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-30-2006, 08:28 AM
My team in Solo's draft:

P. Datsyuk C
R. Luongo G
M. Naslund LW
T. Vokoun G
S. Zubov D
P. Kariya LW
M. Satan RW
M. Malik D
M. Modano C
M. Hejduk RW
M. Legace G
S. Gomez C
P. Sykora RW
M. Rozsival D
C. Joseph G
P. Kubina D

I'd figure KH would get Satan:twisted:

Kidhuman
09-30-2006, 09:25 AM
Dont forget LIVE draft tonight at 11pm EST. &

Slicker
09-30-2006, 07:42 PM
I put in my pre draft ranking yet I still managed to get bent over and one up right. Here's my team:

C: O. Jokinen

C: M. Savard

LW: D. Heatley

LW: L. Nagy

RW: A. Hemsky

RW: M. Knuble

D: C. Pronger

D: W. Redden

Util: E. Cole

Util: P. Boucher

BN: S. Horcoff

BN: Ju. Williams

BN: M. Rucinsky

BN: K. Timonen

G: M. Brodeur

G: M. Fernandez

I'm about to go and make me some moves right now.

CaptainSolo1138
10-01-2006, 11:19 PM
My SSG team:
P. Marleau
P. Demitra
P. Kariya
S. Samsonov
J. Jagr
J. Cheechoo
N. Lidstrom
R. Blake
T. Kaberle
B. Rafalski
R. Lang
M. Samuelsson
D. Sedin
H. Lundqvist
D. Roloson
V.Toskala

My team in my league:

P. Demitra
P. Marleau
A. Ovechkin
A. Tanguay
J. Iginla
T. Selanne
M. Schneider
T. Kaberle
S. Koivu
D. Sedin
M. Samuelsson
M. Zidlicky
C. Drury
H. Lundqvist
C. Huet
R. DiPietro

My team in my buddy's league:
P. Marleau
R. Lang
M. Naslund
D. Sedin
M. Hossa
M. Samuelsson
M. Schneider
B. Rafalski
J. Spacek
S. Koivu
H. Sedin
S. Samsonov
M. Recchi
M. Kiprusoff
D. Roloson
R. DiPietro

I'm least impressed with the last league. I thought the draft was at 9:45, not 9:30. I missed the first four rounds because of that. I ended up with Naslund and Kipprusoff when I'd have rather had Cheechoo and Ovechkin. Oh, well. You can't win 'em all I suppose. I'm quite happy with my other two teams and that's good enough for me.

Slicker
10-02-2006, 07:12 PM
Here's my other SSG team. I'm quite happy with this one:

J. Sakic
S. Fedorov
B. Shanahan
T. Holmstrom
D. Alfredsso
T. Selanne
M. Schneider
B. McCabe
M. Malik
M. Rozsival M. Bell
J. Corvo
D. Zubrus
M. Brodeur
M. Legace
C. Joseph

I'm most happy with my goaltending.

Rogue II
10-02-2006, 08:40 PM
Solo's league:

Skaters:
S. Crosby
E. Staal
P. Elias
S. Hartnell
D. Alfredsson
A. Kovalev
B. McCabe
D. Phaneuf
D. Briere
M. Svatos
M. Afinogenov
J. Spacek
B. Richards

Goalies:
M. Turco
K. Lehtonen
I. Bryzgalov

And my SSG team:

A. Ovechkin LW
B. Morrow LW
B. Gionta RW
M. Gaborik RW
Ju. Williams RW
B. Richards C
S. Gomez C
M. Sundin C
E. Malkin C
D. Boyle D
J. Bouwmeester D
Z. Chara D
W. Redden D
R. DiPietro G
M. Kiprusoff G
R. Miller G

I think I have one too many Centers and one too few LWs.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-22-2006, 05:43 PM
I benched the (not then) leading scorer of the NHL Maxim Afinegenov last night in favor or Ryan Smith. My brother than overtook me by 1 goal. Can't let that major err be forgiven :whip:

Other than that, the Sabres are hotter than Georgia Ashphalt and they show no signs of stopping. The scary part is that they have their most creative offensive talent missing from the lineup--Tim Connolly and if when he (if ever) comes back, then this team, which is scoring already more than 5 goals a game, gets even deadlier.

Of course it is only October, and things can change quickly, especially since injuries pile up as the season wears on. This team did not have the depth as it did last year and that will be quite possibly, the only weakness of this team. Their physical play too also concerns me since they are not a hard-checking team. In the playoffs, physical play steps up and the Sabres have been overcoming this weakness with their killer speed. We'll see what happens when the time comes.

Slicker
10-22-2006, 07:05 PM
We finally got another league together at work (I know only 4 weeks late). I think I got a pretty good squad this time.

Skaters:
P. Datsyuk
P. Forsberg
A. Tanguay
D. Sedin
T. Selanne
S. Doan
S. Zubov
M. Schneider
J. Arnott
M. Nylander
D. Langkow
B. Richards
S. Kotalik

Goalies:
K. Lehtonen
M. Fernandez
C. Joseph

I hope I can do better in this league than I do in teh two SSG ones.

Kidhuman
01-05-2007, 07:20 AM
One thing that irks me is that the Penalties category always goes ot the team with the most penalties. I think Yahoo neds ot change that. IT should be the lowest one wins that week.

Slicker
01-05-2007, 11:20 AM
One thing that irks me is that the Penalties category always goes ot the team with the most penalties. I think Yahoo neds ot change that. IT should be the lowest one wins that week.That one never made sense to me either, KH. The way I win that one is to just pick up the defensemen with the most penalty minutes. Defensemen aren't point scorers anyways so I don't even worry about the few points they'll lose me each week.

Rogue II
01-05-2007, 11:29 AM
It doesn't make any sense to me either. But until they change it, hope the boys put on some foil.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-06-2007, 07:44 PM
I guess the penalties category is there to keep everything honest, and to point out that for skaters, its not just the offensive stats that are going to garner all the attention. If anything, picking up a goon or at least a mildly offensive goon that rakes up the PIMs is something every fantasy owner should consider.

CaptainSolo1138
01-06-2007, 08:58 PM
For me, counting PIM as a positive makes up for the lack of defensive scoring.

Kidhuman
01-06-2007, 09:10 PM
But penalties in itself isnt a positive thing. I understand all your points Solo about making up for lack of scoring.

CaptainSolo1138
01-07-2007, 10:52 PM
It's the halfway point of the season. Soon we'll get to see the ridiculous "updated" uniforms (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2680102) that the NHL will have all of the players wearing in the next few years at this year's All-Star game.:rolleyes:

What doesn't suck? Your teams mid-point MVP. Who ya got? I'm in 4 leagues and mine are: Jarimor Jagr (SSG), Alexander Ovechkin (SSG #2), Marian Hossa (friend's league), and Sidney Crosby (Slick's work league).

What am I most grateful for this fantasy season? Having Pavel Datsyuk snatched form under me by KH on two separate occasions.:thumbsup:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
02-23-2007, 05:26 PM
Just for those folks who thought that the "Old NHL" was dead, last night's Buffalo v. Ottawa game proved that fighting and goonery, is still part of the fabric of hockey.

Slicker
02-23-2007, 05:28 PM
That fight was amazing!!!

For those that didn't see it here it is. Cappy sent me the link:

Old time hockey (http://withleather.com/post.phtml?pk=2203)

Kidhuman
02-23-2007, 05:42 PM
It was a great fight. I loved it.

Rogue II
02-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Wasn't everyone in the NHL saying how "soft" the Sabres are just last week?

Over at hockeybuzz.com, there are about 20 threads on that game. The mods blow, so all of them are out of hand.

CaptainSolo1138
02-23-2007, 06:16 PM
My favorite part of that vid is the smile of total enjoyment on Ray Emery's face throughout the entire thing!

Tie Domi would've kicked all their butts in order, though.:thumbsup:

CaptainSolo1138
03-07-2007, 10:09 AM
Rogue II, you're a bastard. I was looking at the draft order in the SSG league and saw you "stole" Evgeni Malkin as your 16th pick. Why can't I have foresight like that?!?!:mad: :p

Rogue II
03-07-2007, 10:40 AM
He wasn't drafted at all in the other league. Even though he was hurt in the pre-season, I'm still kicking myself for not picking him up.

CaptainSolo1138
03-07-2007, 12:26 PM
He wasn't drafted at all in the other league. Even though he was hurt in the pre-season, I'm still kicking myself for not picking him up.
I found the bandwagon too late. They were singing his praises on Sportscenter in morning (during their 27 seconds of NHL coverage) and when I went to pick up what I thought was my little secret he was gone in all 4 leagues I'm in.

Rogue II
03-07-2007, 01:31 PM
I listen to the NHL channel on XM and they hyped up Malkin plenty before the season started. Screw ESPN.

CaptainSolo1138
03-07-2007, 02:01 PM
Screw ESPN.Anyone with Stephen A. Smith on their payroll can have the same said for them as well. I haven't watched SC in weeks. I can't stand college basketball.

Rogue II
03-07-2007, 05:03 PM
I've been avoiding ESPN for about a year and a half. The only ESPN I watch now is a few minutes of ESPN News in a sad attempt to catch a couple hockey highlights. NFL Network covers my football needs. I don't care about basketball, and I've lost interest in baseball because of its lack of integrity.

The NHL Network might launch by the playoffs. This is good because Versus coverage blows, and we already said it, but ESPN sucks.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-07-2007, 05:15 PM
ESPN sucks, but it would suck way less if they got hockey back on the air. That was the only reason I watched the network, with its NHL2Night Show and crazy John Buccigross and Barry Melrose rolling through the highlights. The NHL decided that its interest lied better in a network that could dedicate more time to hockey. The problem was, no one knew OLN or Versus existed anyway, and still very many don't know it presently.

If ESPN managed to snag back hockey from OLN when its contract expires (which I think is the end of next year?) its credibility would shoot up a thousandfold.

Rogue II
03-07-2007, 05:36 PM
I could be wrong, but I think OLN/NHL already picked up the option for next season. When ESPN had the TV deal, they always showed the same few teams, Philly, Rangers, Red Wings, and Colorado.

If Versus wants to be taken seriously as a sports network, they need to quit showing Survivor marathons and ease off the rodeo and fishing shows. I've seen commercials saying VS. has some of the minor NCAA conference football & basketball, but nothing I'm interested in.

NBC's coverage is annoying also because it is regional, and for me, that is usually the Kings and Ducks, which I see all the time anyway because my local Fox Sports network shows practically all of their games.

CaptainSolo1138
03-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Agreed on all fronts. I thankfully get the CBC here and get to see Hockey Night in Canada every Saturday.

NBC's coverage seems amateur at best. I always feel like I'm watching curling (which isn't a bad thing, but please not when the Wings are on). Further, I always feel like I'm being talked to like a 3rd grader ("This guy with the pads is the goalie. He's named that because he stands in the goal!"). You should get your students to call the games on NBC, LBC.

NHL2Nite was always the sh*t. I miss that show. Melrose and his mullett make an occasional apperance on ESPN but only if there were 10+ games the night before or Stewart Scott runs out of batteries.

I don't mind the VS. coverage. They have a lot of the old ESPN2 guys on there (but thankfully no Darren Pang) so it feels like "old times". They fall into the same trap that RII was talking about ESPN doing: Showing the same teams week after week. I'm not sure I can stomach another Flyers game this season.

Rogue II
03-07-2007, 09:47 PM
I've seen "The Pang-er" on something recently. It might have been NBC. How can VS. have the national NHL TV deal and not have a NHL2Nite-type show?

Rocketboy
03-07-2007, 11:29 PM
I haven't watched ESPN since they dumped hockey and I haven't watched more than 10 minutes (total) of Sportscenter since that jackhole Stewart Scott was on.

"This guy with the pads is the goalie. He's named that because he stands in the goal!"NBC has John Madden?

CaptainSolo1138
03-08-2007, 07:47 AM
I've seen "The Pang-er" on something recently. It might have been NBC. How can VS. have the national NHL TV deal and not have a NHL2Nite-type show?He emceed Steve Yzerman's number retirement ceremony and, in true clown-shoe fashion, mucked it all up trying to make too many jokes and stumbling all over them.

NBC has John Madden?I knew that sounded familiar when I posted it. I realized it was Madden-esque a bit later but didn't see the need to change it.

Kidhuman
03-08-2007, 03:30 PM
I miss hockey on ESPN, I loved the announcers. I dont have VS/OLN because it sucks.

And only the other site has Madden

Rogue II
03-26-2007, 03:27 PM
In the SSG League, Pegger and I tied 4-4, but he had the tie breaker. So, he advances to the finals vs. Slicker while KH and I battle it out for 3rd.

In the other league, Slicker & I will go toe-to-toe for the championship.

CaptainSolo1138
03-26-2007, 04:07 PM
I finished 5th in three of my leagues and can't finish higher than 3rd in the fourth.:cry:

Kind of a carpy year if I do say so. It's funny how you can have All-Star rosters, but people like Slick who play Sergei Federov make it to the championship.

There's always baseball!:thumbsup:

Rogue II
04-09-2007, 09:18 AM
Congrats, Slick on winning the SSG league and finishishing 2nd in the other.

CaptainSolo1138
04-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Congrats to you, RII, for winning in the SSG bastard league.

I didn't realize Slick was doing so well! I locked up fifth place two weeks ago and haven't checked back since. Good job, lil brudder.

I finished in 5th place in three out of four leagues I was in this year. I finished in third in the other.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Congratulations to Slicker you cheating basta fair citizen on winning the SSG Hockey League and ending my brother's bid for a third consecutive championship.

pegger
04-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Congrats Slicker....of course - I lost to a guy in Japan....

Well - good season all!

edit - I see it was a close end too!! Tie breaker beat me!