PDA

View Full Version : Talk about dropin the ball..

mastermatt24
08-23-2006, 10:05 PM
Whoa- I just saw this today: http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87268#LargeImage

WHAT happened?? Some of them look like those comic book figs that are coming out that are painted with like ony four different colors.
Serioulsy- we finally get a chance at all these great characters and they totally blow the paint jobs. Ugh. Oh well- hopefully these are just protos.

Banthaholic
08-23-2006, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the heads up, pre-ordered it, these guys finally will be MINE, muhahahaha

mastermatt24
08-24-2006, 04:37 AM
Yea np.. :tired:
come on man- ya gotta support the cause not go against it! :whip:

;) :p

Patient Zero
08-24-2006, 10:25 AM
Is it just me or does the one standing right next to Vader look like Bush Jr?

Jayspawn
08-24-2006, 12:19 PM
I'm not much into figures anymore but I'll get this set for sure. I've been wanting it for a long time!

Support the cause! MORE Imperial Officers!

Rogue II
08-24-2006, 12:29 PM

Well, they already did a John Kerry figure. Bring on the Ross Perot Yoda!

Slicker
08-24-2006, 02:51 PM
It's quite possible that these are just rough mock ups and the finished product will look different...hopefully.

Droid
08-24-2006, 03:27 PM
I hated Jerjerrod's figure, but bought him. I want to send a clear message to Hasbro: I want Imperials. I want obscure characters. Hasbro probably made this to really make the fans happy. If this doesn't make us happy they may just say nothing makes us happy and make more Tatooine Lukes like they want.

However, Evazan, Owen, Red Leader, and Jerjerrod really need resculpts as they were are done very, very poorly.

General_Grievous
08-24-2006, 04:08 PM
They look fine to me. I'll be buying one for sure.

plasticfetish
08-24-2006, 09:55 PM
"Images of upcoming products may be prototypes and are subject to change before shipment."

I think they obviously are, but you never know with these sets. (Movin' this thread BTW.)

TheDarthVader
08-24-2006, 10:21 PM
I will be getting two sets: one to open and one to keep carded. I love this set. Paint apps be damned, we are finally getting a butt load of imperial officers. YES!

bigbarada
08-25-2006, 01:00 AM
They have that hand-painted prototype look to me; but it is nice to see Tarkin with the OT uniform instead of just a repaint of his Ep3 uniform.

If they are using the Jerjerrod body across the board, then I hope they at least fix the wide-stance problem.

The only real disappointment for me (aside from yet another Vader figure :rolleyes: ) is the POTF2 body on Admiral Motti. That ugly hinge on his arm has always bugged me.

Old Fossil
08-25-2006, 10:14 AM
The only real disappointment for me (aside from yet another Vader figure :rolleyes: ) is the POTF2 body on Admiral Motti. That ugly hinge on his arm has always bugged me.

Agreed. They should've fixed that. Also, it's too bad none of these guys has jointed knees. Not that they need 'em, we don't have a Death Star coffee lounge for them to relax in, but still...

SO glad to finally get an OT Tarkin. I can finally retire my old POTF2 one, who always reminds me of Mr. Olsen from the "Little House on the Prairie" TV series. ("Harriet!!!")

Another gripe I have is Chief Bast. I know he wasn't wearing his cap in the briefing scene, but I still wish there was a way for Hasbro to make him with a removable cap. That's how I remember him--with a cap.

All that being said, I preordered mine, too. It's a fine set, all in all, and it's one of the last things I think I'll be buying for my SW collection.

jedi master sal
08-25-2006, 12:04 PM

Looks like Tom Brokaw the news anchor to me.

DarkArtist
08-25-2006, 04:25 PM
I looking forward to this set also.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-25-2006, 05:40 PM
They pretty much looked like this in the Comic-Con pics, I think. However, I hope they fix the godawful turd-colored Motti hair, it's just damn terrible.

Blue2th
08-25-2006, 05:59 PM
Also, it's too bad none of these guys has jointed knees. Not that they need 'em, we don't have a Death Star coffee lounge for them to relax in, but still....

They should have at least done that. I'm sure some customizers would make the table and chairs. It would probably be one of the easier customs to do.

Devo
08-28-2006, 02:34 PM
I don't understand why everyone seems to hate Motti's arm hinge and yet have no problem with ball-jointed necks and the sheer ruination of sculpts that those are.

mastermatt24
08-28-2006, 03:41 PM
Exactly. :thumbsup:

Old Fossil
08-28-2006, 04:54 PM
I don't understand why everyone seems to hate Motti's arm hinge and yet have no problem with ball-jointed necks and the sheer ruination of sculpts that those are.

I guess I just don't see ball-jointed necks as a problem. I like my VOTC Han being able to look all around, or **** his head to one side in an imaginary exchange with Jabba. Motti's arm hinge is designed for one thing only: so that he can grasp at his throat. For that, he must suffer a massive elbow hinge??? All he can do otherwise is stand there. To me, ball-jointed necks usually are icing on the cake for many of our current Saga figures; it complements many other features, namely multiple points of articulation beyond the standard. Motti's hinge could be fixed with a simple swivel-type elbow; stick another swivel-elbow arm on his left, give us a ball-jointed head, articulated knees, and a working holster, and Motti'd be perfect -- though that'll never happen, since it is only dumb old Admiral Motti, after all.

plasticfetish
08-28-2006, 05:19 PM
Yeah, I don't see the ball jointed necks as being a problem either. (A bad sculpt will be a bad sculpt either way.) As far as Motti's elbow goes... it will be nice to get a loose version of that figure at last, but I really would have liked a good redesign. Would have been nice if all of these had proper knee, elbow and shoulder joints. Nothing wrong with including a meeting table and some chairs either. ;)

Just the same, I'll try to grab this. We'll never see these figures again, and I'm surprised we're getting them at all, so...