PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi Burning

Tycho
08-24-2006, 03:59 AM
Gene Hackman and Willem DaFoe play 2 FBI agents sent to Mississippi to find 3 murdered Civil Rights activists in this true story about a very violent era in our nation's history as Equal Rights legislation tried to be enforced so black people could participate in our democracy on the same level as white folks.

The movie is excellent and done suspenseful enough to keep you watching. The music score by Trevor Jones helps keep the excitement up in the movie as well.

The local police are in on the killings and Hackman fools around with a cop's wife to help them uncover the truth. Meanwhile the KKK rains terror down on the community, firebombing black churches and beating and lynching black members of the community.

To counter this, DaFoe's character calls in a whole army of FBI agents and the United States Navy Reserve! There's a new war in the South.

It's quite a memorable movie.

Slicker
08-24-2006, 02:55 PM
Definitely one of my favorite movies. I love the role of both Hackman and Dafoe. It's a great story and if I'm not mistaken it's either based on actual events or it is about the actual events. Either way it's a great movie.

maatu
08-24-2006, 03:26 PM
hi,
take out the actors and it's a true story. this really happened. 3 civil rights workers were murdered.

Slicker
08-24-2006, 06:30 PM
Well, thank you maatu. I wasn't sure which it was.