PDA

View Full Version : Korean War Movies

jonthejedi
08-25-2006, 03:13 AM
Have to put Pork Chop Hill & Bridges At Toko Ri at the top of my list.

Tycho
08-25-2006, 04:02 AM
I've never seen much of the Korean War. I think there is a new movie coming out, but I'm not sure.

I'm really only familiar with some reruns of M*A*S*H. That stands for something: Mobile Army ? Hospital ? I think But I'm not sure.

I wasn't really a fan of the show as it was pretty much before my time.

I'm going to go much further with my Vietnam War Thread (should I be the one to start it) but Korea stands largely as an unkown to me. It shouldn't be as recent current events with Kim Jong II tend to be highly relevant in today's world politics, especially after that missle test.

However, you could also make a Korean version sequel to Barbershop with that guy, hehehe.

Rogue II
08-25-2006, 09:12 AM
I'll have to check out Pork Chop Hill & Bridges At Toko Ri.

Well, the Korean War is known as the "Forgotten War". Someone told me I am technically a veteran of that war since I served there for 1 year. There has just been cease fire since the 1950s. I got to see the DMZ and toured Inchon.

And I think the "S" in MASH stands for Surgical. The movie is different than the TV show. It seems like AMC (or one of those channels) plays it every couple months, so if it's on, you should try to catch it.

JimJamBonds
08-25-2006, 11:49 AM
And I think the "S" in MASH stands for Surgical. The movie is different than the TV show. It seems like AMC (or one of those channels) plays it every couple months, so if it's on, you should try to catch it.

Yup AMC, it seems that it will be on a few days in a row and then nothing for a couple months and then its on a bunch of times in a short period and it starts all over again.