PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro confirms new Windu in 2007!

Battle Droid
08-25-2006, 01:45 PM
From, http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=9753

JI: Will we see a new version of the Mace Windu figure released thats on par (Articulation wise) with the Evolution of Anakin or the ROTS Obi-Wan pilot figures?

Hasbro: An improved Mace is coming early 2007 - with knee ankle, shoulder, and elbows. The only thing he won't have is ball and socket waist but he'll be a great figure. So….stay tuned!

Darth Cruel
08-25-2006, 02:30 PM
Better news than the R2 sculpt. I have only never opened a Mace because of lousy articulation. I will be happy with him as described and even happier if he at least has a turning waist.

dindae
08-25-2006, 03:05 PM
I'm glad that they are finally going to attempt to do him justice. Sounds like a good figure.

Slicker
08-25-2006, 03:42 PM
A newly sculpted Mace is long overdue.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-25-2006, 04:07 PM
Sweet! I've been looking for a good Neville Flynn action figure. :D

I just hope they give him a good, normal face sculpt.

figrin bran
08-25-2006, 04:08 PM
i don't even like mace very much but i will definitely look forward to this figure. however, they didn't say anything about the head! what if they kitbash a head from any of the saga or rots maces?

Kidhuman
08-25-2006, 04:08 PM
About time, lets hope they dont put any stupid faces on him.

Turbowars
08-25-2006, 09:55 PM
I want a Mace that says, I'm tired of these mother ****ing snakes on this mother ****ing plane!

Phantom-like Menace
08-25-2006, 10:25 PM
I am definitely one who will believe when it is in my hands. There hasn't been a Mace Windu figure worth displaying in . . . has it been eight years since the sneak preview figure or just seven? Either way to say it has been a long time is to ignore the fact that it has been an extremely long time.

And then of course it's probably going to have soft goods, which I detest.

Devo
08-25-2006, 10:45 PM
Apart from the ball-socket waist he'll have everything else? Damn. I was hoping they'd spare us of their new horrific trend of ball-joint necks.

Darth Cruel
08-25-2006, 10:47 PM
Apart from the ball-socket waist he'll have everything else? Damn. I was hoping they'd spare us of their new horrific trend of ball-joint necks.

I like ball-joimted necks.

Devo
08-25-2006, 10:53 PM
Its one bit of articulation I think isn't worth the ugliness it introduces to otherwise good sculpts. Just look at VTSC X-wing Luke. Not a good face sculpt as it is, made even worse by the fact that his hair juts out so far at the back. VOTC/VTSC Han meanwhile has a really terrible looking jawline but at least thats better than Evolutions AOTC Anakin who in fact has no jawline because of the ball joint. And of course on other figures its there but its completely useless - take Evolutions EpIII Anakin - his head can only move left and right, it might aswell just be a swivel neck.

And the ball-jointed neck on ROTS Mace did that figure no favours - probably contributing to the ape-like face of that figure if you ask me.

DarkArtist
08-26-2006, 01:11 PM
Here's hoping that the Mace will see SA like the Red Leader Obi Wan:thumbsup:

Blue2th
08-26-2006, 04:03 PM
Here's hoping that the Mace will see SA like the Red Leader Obi Wan:thumbsup:
Yes, and cauterized stumps for arms, with screaming face expression, naw...I hope he is SA also. It's about time.

Darth Cruel
08-26-2006, 04:06 PM
Yes, and cauterized stumps for arms, with screaming face expression, naw...I hope he is SA also. It's about time.

He only needs one stump, though. He only got one hand cut off.

El Chuxter
08-26-2006, 07:50 PM
Awesome news. Now they just need to show a little love for Qui-Gon.

JON9000
08-27-2006, 10:56 AM
And then of course it's probably going to have soft goods, which I detest.

would it be possible to have a highly articulated jedi figure without a soft-goods cloak? I can't imagine it really. I'm actually going to be looking into some ways to make the cloaks behave a little better by dipping them in starch. I think for playability, articulation beats all. Hasbro proved it with GIJoe in the 80's me thinks.

I think the preview figure is really good for a preposed plastic robe mace, so I don't feel it needs improvement.

Blue2th
08-27-2006, 11:10 AM
would it be possible to have a highly articulated jedi figure without a soft-goods cloak? I can't imagine it really. I'm actually going to be looking into some ways to make the cloaks behave a little better by dipping them in starch. I think for playability, articulation beats all. Hasbro proved it with GIJoe in the 80's me thinks.

I think the preview figure is really good for a preposed plastic robe mace, so I don't feel it needs improvement.
Yup, I think you can take that one and put it on the new one if you don't like the soft stuff. Someone here at SSG mentioned the ROTS Agen Kolar cloak as a good one to put on other figures too. Though he dosn't have a hood.

Turbowars
08-27-2006, 11:44 AM
would it be possible to have a highly articulated jedi figure without a soft-goods cloak? I can't imagine it really. I'm actually going to be looking into some ways to make the cloaks behave a little better by dipping them in starch.Try soaking the soft goods in water 1st. It works great for me. The Vintage Raider looks 100x better since I did the Water Treatment. People do ot a lot with SSC figures and it just so happens to work of Hasbros 3 3/4". It basically relaxes the cloth.

JON9000
08-27-2006, 03:21 PM
Try soaking the soft goods in water 1st. It works great for me. The Vintage Raider looks 100x better since I did the Water Treatment. People do ot a lot with SSC figures and it just so happens to work of Hasbros 3 3/4". It basically relaxes the cloth.

I'm going to soak it in starch and then pin it down. If it doesn't work, I can wash it out. I'm pretty sure it will though, starch is pretty good.

Phantom-like Menace
08-27-2006, 10:07 PM

First I'll say that I hate unarmored SA figures. Why? Unarmored figures don't have armor to hide the joints. I look at SA clone troopers or the highly articulated VOTC Stormtrooper (and its Saga Sandtrooper friend), and I see an awesome Star Wars figure. I look at some of these unarmored, ball-jointed fiascoes, and all I see are well-sculpted Stikfas figures. I'll admit they've gotten a bit better. Sora Bulq had nicely hidden ball joints in his arms, but they still miss more than they hit. I suspect they'll ruin the whole game trying to swing for the fences on Mace Windu when all I need is a base hit for the poor guy.

As far as cloaked, SA Jedi, nothing they've done has made me happier than Qui-Gon (Naboo) and Obi-Wan (Naboo). I like the simple cuts. They look more uniform with older figures and provide plenty of articulation for me. I want my Jedi to look like they're lightsaber fighting. I don't need them to be able to perform Yoga techniques and drag their nuckles on the ground without bending over.

JON9000
08-28-2006, 09:40 AM
Yeah, it definitely works better on some figs that others, and armored ones tend to beat all comers. What really annoys me is I think Vader would be an ideal candidate for SA and he didn't get it in the VOTC line, even with its insane price point. Hasbro knew exactly what they were doing, and the goal was to put out a Vader that was really good, but not a be all end all... SA Vader I am convinced is still on its way, and yeah, I'll buy him.

I would have to nominate VOTC leia for worst looking SA figure. I thought Han worked pretty well.

I have Qui-gonn and Obi Naboo and I am debateing whether to open them or sell them.

Phantom-like Menace
08-28-2006, 03:58 PM
Yeah, it definitely works better on some figs that others, and armored ones tend to beat all comers. What really annoys me is I think Vader would be an ideal candidate for SA and he didn't get it in the VOTC line, even with its insane price point.

I could see Vader being done well with super articulation. Of course the numbers one and two figures I want to see SA are the Fetts. These guys beg to have #41 Clone Trooper level articulation, and we beg to get them.

I have Qui-gonn and Obi Naboo and I am debateing whether to open them or sell them.

The biggest problem with both of them is that, even for me, they are lacking in articulation. Yes, I said no cloaked Jedi have made me happier, but Hasbro could have easily added more articulation and still not gone overboard.The fact that each only has one bicep cut and one rotatable wrist bothers me. If each had two bicep cuts and two rotatable wrists, I would have been several times more pleased. As far as display goes, they are my go to versions of the two of them. I even took an Episode II Obi-Wan head and put it on an Obi-Wan (Naboo) body. There really is much goodness to be seen in displaying them together.

dindae
08-29-2006, 07:03 AM
Don't worry by 2018 we will have so many versions of the main characters I'm sure you will have any variation of articulation you want. :D

El Chuxter
12-14-2009, 02:46 PM
Don't worry by 2018 we will have so many versions of the main characters I'm sure you will have any variation of articulation you want. :D

Not all of the main characters. Just Bossk.

The Mayans predicted the fifth Bossk will be released in 2013, and, when the first batch comes off the production line on December 21, 2012, it will cause the world to end.