PDA

View Full Version : Tonnikas conrfimed in Q & A for 2007???

dindae
08-26-2006, 09:15 AM
"Rebelscum.com: As 2007 is the 30th anniversary of Star Wars, will we see a larger percent of Original Trilogy characters who have never been made before, compared to previous years? Characters like CZ-3, Hermi Oodle, Yarna Gargan, Tonnika Sisters, etc, would make great 30th anniversary presents!

Hasbro: Tough one to quantify, but I think that collectors will be very happy with the selection of new OT figures next year, including at least two that you mentioned."

If you take the Tonnikas to be one and Yarna to be two then you might think both but I don't want to get ahead of myself. I think I'm going to be pretty satisifed with next year the way the list is shaping up.

Battle Droid
08-26-2006, 09:52 AM
Hermi is one of them, and I think CZ-3 is the other.

Hermi was on Rebelscum's list, and there was also a Jawa w/ Droid on it, so it's probably Jawa w/ CZ-3.

Though the Tonnika Sisters could be coming with the curved bar piece.

Slicker
08-26-2006, 10:42 AM
Well, seeing as fans want both Yarna and the Tonnika Sisters that means that we'll be getting CZ-3 and Hermi.

Kidhuman
08-26-2006, 10:57 AM
First, I chnaged the title and added some ???'s to it, you nearly made me crap my pants. Secondly, I do believe it is hermi and the droid

kool-aid killer
08-26-2006, 11:05 AM
Im not expecting to see the Tonnika sisters released next year, not even with a curved peice of the cantina. Like it others have mentioned, i think Hermi is a lock, and the droid is probably going to be the second figure. Now if they were speaking about exclusives, i might think Yarna would be possible. I think thats the best way to get a figure of her.

dindae
08-26-2006, 11:57 AM
Ok I feel like a 'tard. That's what I get for reading news when I haven't fully awaken. I was thinking "last two" instead of "at least two". Thanks for changing the title KH.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-26-2006, 12:00 PM
As others have said, I'm fairly sure we'll be getting CZ-3 and Hermi Odle. The others would have been fantastic, but these will still be pretty damn cool as well. And they said "at least two," so there's still a possibility of getting one of the ladies next year.

Darth Jax
08-26-2006, 12:30 PM
can't give the collectors everything they want yet. otherwise what's the point of having the license til 2018. put out a couple of figures a year that collectors are clamoring for and it'll keep them involved enough to continue army building and picking up the occasional dramatic improvement of figures that have been released countless times but now have been retooled/repainted/ or even possibly resculpted.

2-1B
08-26-2006, 12:37 PM
Well, seeing as fans want both Yarna and the Tonnika Sisters that means that we'll be getting CZ-3 and Hermi.

sounds about right.

Tycho
08-26-2006, 01:06 PM
I'll really enjoy getting Hermie Odel and CZ-3 (or CZ-9, whichever it is). They're on the rumor mill lists and have been for some time. So that's fine.

As far as Yarna and the Tonnika girls, we can still press on for them. It took us a little bit to get the Cantina Bartender, remember? Eventually we'll do it though.

Keep the faith!

DarkArtist
08-26-2006, 01:09 PM
Since Hasbro already played the April Fool's joke on the fans by saying they would not make a Yarna figure it's a safe bet to assume that Hermi and CZ-3 would be the two figures they are talking about. And with the re-release of various characters and such it is also a better bet that CZ-3 will be one of the two who are released since it already saw the light of day.

Kidhuman
08-26-2006, 02:02 PM
Ok I feel like a 'tard. That's what I get for reading news when I haven't fully awaken. I was thinking "last two" instead of "at least two". Thanks for changing the title KH.

No problem.

bigbarada
08-26-2006, 02:15 PM
The only two on that list that I would be super excited about would be Hermi and Yarna.

Tycho
08-26-2006, 03:26 PM
And with the re-release of various characters and such it is also a better bet that CZ-3 will be one of the two who are released since it already saw the light of day.

I honestly didn't understand this. But I'm guessing by the rest of your post that I agree with you.

Meanwhile, figures I'm excited about and plan to buy:

Airborne Clone Trooper - Utopau
Galactic Marine - Mygeeto
Lava Miner - Mustafar
CZ-3 - Tatooine
Hermie Odel - Jabba's Palace

I left off Mace and R2 as I have no need for more resculpts, save for very specific or generic figures of Anakin and Obi-Wan.

JON9000
08-27-2006, 11:42 AM
10 to 1 odds the curved piece comes with a repacked figure.

figrin bran
08-27-2006, 09:01 PM
so you spelled "confirm" incorrectly! ;)

i can't wait for hermi and CZ!

Turbowars
08-27-2006, 09:13 PM
10 to 1 odds the curved piece comes with a repacked figure.
I'm thinking these curved sections will be packaged like a battle pack and will most likely come with repaints like you said.

I'd like to see them come out like the 1st release cantina sets.

Banthaholic
08-29-2006, 03:27 PM
I know that I'm game for any of the residents of Tatooine, whether be Cantina drunks, Jabba's denziens or droids.

CZ-3 would be a good figure, could be rehashes a few times as well for other figures. Hermie would be a cool large figure as well.

Turbowars
08-30-2006, 07:40 PM
Seems strange that they are entertaining Hermie. They said Mon wouldn't be released again on a basic card, so I figure Hermie wont be either. If he does come out I guess he will be in some kind of deluxe packaging so they can charge us 15 bucks for him.

Banthaholic
08-30-2006, 09:25 PM
Seems strange that they are entertaining Hermie. They said Mon wouldn't be released again on a basic card, so I figure Hermie wont be either. If he does come out I guess he will be in some kind of deluxe packaging so they can charge us 15 bucks for him.

I was thinking that when I first heard the rumor of Hermie, though I definitely will not be complaining if it happens in the basic line :thumbsup:

Jargo
08-31-2006, 12:27 PM
And with the re-release of various characters and such it is also a better bet that CZ-3 will be one of the two who are released since it already saw the light of day.
When? There's never been a release of CZ-3.

If you're thinking of the droid from the sandcrawler that's RA-7. Badly painted RA-7.

Devo
08-31-2006, 03:56 PM
Does anyone else really hate when you click on the last page of a thread and theres only one post there? Its just happened twice in succession for me.

Tycho
08-31-2006, 08:08 PM
Well, you have to go back a page to read what you might've missed, but I use the User CP button to navigate through the threads I follow and since it's at the top of the page, there's less to scroll back up through.

I've meant to post a suggestion that a User CP button be also placed at the BOTTOM of each new page as well as the top for convenience in navigating, but I sound really lazy suggesting that.

Darth Cruel
09-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Tycho - In fact...there is great help in that suggestion. I am on a 28800 dial-up at work and that helps to navigate a lot faster. I don't use it but only because I like to look through all of the threads I can anyway...even if I do go to the ones I like best or have info on first.

TheDarthVader
09-01-2006, 10:38 AM
What if the curved part of the bar is coming with the WM exclusive kitik keed kak, nabrun leids with kabe, and labria? It seems possible because those guys would not have many accessories to pack in with them, especailly Kitik. That is just an idea. ;)

I am not sure who all that would want to place in a Cantina battle pack with new paint. I don't see that happening.

Anyway...yes I believe the figures are Hermi and the droid, and I am going to pick both of these guys up when I find them. I have waited for Hermi for a very long time.

Tycho
09-01-2006, 10:54 AM
It's time for one of Tycho's lists. (This is a great way to exercise one's memory and waste time!)

Cantina Characters already done:

Han Solo
Chewbacca
Luke Skywalker
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Wuher
Figrin 'Dan
Greedo
Ponda Baba
Momaw Nadon
Zutton
Takeel
Nabrum Leids
Labrina
Muftak
Kabe
Dr. Evezan
Dannik Jeriko
Myo
Feltipern Trevag
Jawa
Bo Shek
Garindan (Mos Eisley, technically)
Sandtrooper
Djas Puhr
Lak Sivrak
Kitik Keed Kak

So who (if any?) have I forgotten?

Kidhuman
09-01-2006, 12:32 PM
You forgot Kewtol&

Tycho
09-01-2006, 12:38 PM
Yup. That's right: Ketwol. Thanks KH.

And I also forgot Hem Dazon of all things after I'd made such a huge deal about getting his figure over all these years!

Anyway, we're up to 24 figures from the Mos Eisley cantina if you don't count the main heroes - and 22 if you drop Garindan and the Sandtrooper as non-cantina exclusives.

Hasbro might not be done here, but they did do pretty well. They didn't do it this way, but if you break down 22 figures by 11 years that the modern line has been in production, that's like getting 2 per year. Not bad.

dindae
09-01-2006, 12:45 PM
You need to add the Duros Ellorrs Madak & the Modal Nodes

Tycho
09-01-2006, 01:00 PM
That's right: the Duro!

I put Figrin 'Dan on the list. To make the Modal Nodes, you essentially bought 6 of him. They weren't really different figures (nor will they be in the 2007 commemorative tin).

TheDarthVader
09-01-2006, 03:30 PM
Zutton was the potj figure in the red jump suit. You forgot the K-Mart BLUE SNAGGLETOOTH! ;)

Tycho
09-01-2006, 04:53 PM
Blue Snaggletooth is an interesting situation:

I wanted him because I want all the original Kenner figures remade for the modern line (hence my cries for a B-wing Pilot and Slim Aloo, amongst Ewoks, and a different Hoth Rebel, etc.)

However, he is one I really never felt I needed to buy. There are very few of those in terms of Kenner-redos, and he might in fact be the only one I didn't go for.

But since he's not a different size of figure, as the Kenner one was, I don't think I'll call him a separate character.

So I didn't count him.

DarkArtist
09-04-2006, 10:20 AM
When? There's never been a release of CZ-3.

If you're thinking of the droid from the sandcrawler that's RA-7. Badly painted RA-7.

My bad. I thought that was CZ-3. I would love to see RA-7 get a carded version however.

Jargo
09-04-2006, 03:22 PM
if they did they should take the time to check the reference photos again and get his colouring right. he's silver with black oil marks, and some orangey rust marks. parts of his chrome plating are worn through to the base metal. he is NOT a yucky greenish gold colour.

I think CZ-3 (or CZ-1 seeing as they're both the same droid costume) definitely needs to be added to the release schedule though. it's about time we got him. And he does look pretty visually interesting unlike yet another re-coloured protocol droid.
could also shove out R5-A2 the orangey yellow coloured droid that crosses screen as the landspeeder pulls up to the cantina. There's also a cool looking dude with a mustache who wears a jacket similar to Ponda baba but all blue. as Luke and Ben make their way to docking bay 94 the same guy appears about four times. And there's the female wearing the long dress/coat costume with big red stripes down it. I believe she's been labelled 'the prophetess' by some. It'd just be nice to have some colourful characters amid the sea of drab tan and brown. Visually interesting figures. crowd builders.

And why have we not got the weirdest alien in star wars? Wioslea the speeder salesthing? BIIIIIIIIG headed, multi-eyed, tentacled, Jedi robed - how much more alien can you get? Jerbas and landspeeders we should have those. Mos Eisley is full of speeders especially around the cantina.

Clone wars and Sith nonsense be damned. space craft, aliens and droids. that's where it's at.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-04-2006, 06:32 PM
But since he's not a different size of figure, as the Kenner one was, I don't think I'll call him a separate character.
Yes he was; they repainted Ponda Baba's arms and legs and gave him Zutton's head and limbs, making him much taller than the red-suited single-carded figure.

I also really want Wioslea, and I'd like to see more cantina humans made (including Yerka Mig and Rycar Ryjerd off the top of my head).

TheDarthVader
09-04-2006, 07:00 PM
Yes he was; they repainted Ponda Baba's arms and legs and gave him Zutton's head and limbs, making him much taller than the red-suited single-carded figure.

Yes, I agree. I compared the two figures and the blue snaggletooth is taller than Zutton. But I don't really care if you count him or not. (To me) he is a separate cantina alien due to coloration and size.

pegger
09-06-2006, 08:11 AM
I also really want Wioslea, and I'd like to see more cantina humans made (including Yerka Mig and Rycar Ryjerd off the top of my head).

Where did you get this info? I'm trying to put together a list for myself of all the characters in the film...which is very difficult for 4 scenes - the streets of Tatooine, the Cantina, Jabba's Palace and Ewok village....any help would be appreciated.....

dindae
09-06-2006, 08:30 AM
I know a lot of these are from the Decipher cards.

El Chuxter
09-06-2006, 09:44 AM
Where did you get this info? I'm trying to put together a list for myself of all the characters in the film...which is very difficult for 4 scenes - the streets of Tatooine, the Cantina, Jabba's Palace and Ewok village....any help would be appreciated.....

The third Ewok from the left in scene 237 is named Roger. I hope that helps!

Jargo
09-06-2006, 12:12 PM
That's not roger that's Bill. Roger is fourth from the left you doofus.

pegger
09-06-2006, 12:39 PM
That's not roger that's Bill. Roger is fourth from the left you doofus.

Thanks for screwing me up El Chuxter....