PDA

View Full Version : New Jedi Spirits

DarkArtist
08-27-2006, 06:30 PM
Hey Hasbro how's about making new sculpts of the Jedi Spirits ??? I mean the originals were nice and all but after the new and majorly improved Spirit of Obi Wan from the Dagobah line. How's about a set like this.

2-1B
08-27-2006, 07:17 PM
They need to do an HChristGhostakin.

bobafrett
08-28-2006, 09:14 PM
The prototypes look nice!

bigbarada
08-28-2006, 10:35 PM
Obi-wan looks like he's posing for a bodybuilding competition.:stupid:

Yes, the prototypes were much better, especially that Anakin. It's not like you can really pose the clear figures anyway, so why not just sculpt them as statues.

Banthaholic
08-29-2006, 11:49 PM
I'd really like a ROTJ Hayden-Anakin spirit. Every time I watch that DVD I keep telling my wife it's about time we get that figure. Would be a great TRU-type exclusive

El Chuxter
08-30-2006, 12:58 AM
It'd be re-releasing an existing figure in clear plastic. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.

2-1B
08-30-2006, 01:03 AM
And then re-re-release it in a reddish hue for Christmas.

And then greenish for St. Patrick's Day.

Anakin Palpatine
08-30-2006, 01:41 AM
I'm all about a Hayden Jedi spirit!!! Let's get goin' on that Hasbro

Jayspawn
08-30-2006, 11:21 AM
I'd go for an updated Spirit-Hayden!

The prototypes look better. The Spirits would look better without the frosted look -but thats ok. I'm happy with the ones we got.

JediTricks
08-30-2006, 05:16 PM
The protos indeed look better, the translucency and tightness of the sculpt come together far better than our foggy production versions. Look at the difference in size between the protos and the production versions though. If they redo Yoda and Anakin, they should do 2 versions, individually colored translucent like OTC Obi-Wan, and boxed totally clear like these prototypes - oh, and may as well include swappable heads on Anakin, Sebastian Shaw and creepy Hayden.

2-1B
08-30-2006, 11:49 PM
JT was cool enough to get the question asked of Hasbro and IIRC they said HChristakin is not on their radar for now.

I'm surprised because in 2004 when the DVDs came out that gave them the chance to do "an all new character"...that idea of swappable heads is pretty cool, in 2004 I would have said No to it but now that they are OTing the OT on DVD, it would make sense and fit in line. By that line of thinking, they should be doing twin packs of old and new Sy Snootles, old and new Joh Yowza, etc. :D

DarkArtist
08-31-2006, 08:46 AM
hasbro would be foolish not to make a Hayden Spirit figure. The fans want it and it would sell. I think that the figures should be made like the OTC Dagobah Obi Wan as well as the clear blue versions. This set pictured is a far better version then the one that was released. C'mon Hasbro, wake up and give us a new Jedi Spirits set.

On a side note, I had a wierd dream last night that Lucas redid the end of Jedi and included all the jedi spirits from Qui Gon to Mace. Talk about a ghostly party that would be.

JEDIpartner
09-22-2006, 08:16 AM
I wish they would redo these. With that really nifty Obi-Wan Spirit figure from a couple years back, the other set looks terrible!

DarkArtist
09-22-2006, 08:44 AM
You would think that with the 30th anniversary next year and the release of the original OT on DVD that Hasbro would take the oppurtunity to redo some of the earlier figures and bring them into the detail of today. This would also be a great way for a new spirit of Anakin ghost.

JEDIpartner
09-22-2006, 10:00 AM
Seriously... even if it was a lame SWshop.com exclusive or SOMETHING!!