PDA

View Full Version : Who here is a Medicom fan?

nash
08-28-2006, 05:24 AM
Anyone here who actually likes the figures that Medicom puts out and collects them? Im just doing a little survey to see who all isnt just a sideshow fan.

Reefer Shark
08-29-2006, 07:53 PM
Me, I'm a fan! Medicoms rock. Anyone who actually owns one could tell you how much better they are than Sideshows stuff.

Darth Cruel
08-29-2006, 09:47 PM
I like the Medicom stuff...but I don't think it is better than Sideshow's stuff. The Stormtrooper is my favorite piece. And I am really looking forward to the Clone Trooper that is coming out.

decadentdave
08-29-2006, 10:01 PM
Their Real Action Heroes Jedi Luke pales compared to Sideshow's. Their Real Action Heroes Jack Bauer is cool but I noticed their bodies are a little smaller than SS's. My personal favorite? Hot Toys. Their stuff rocks.

Reefer Shark
08-29-2006, 10:21 PM
Well, Medicom's likeness may pale next to Sideshow's, but that's it. Even then, Sideshows has a doofy expression. Everything else about the Medicom Luke is superior. Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean to sound like I was bashing Sideshow earlier, I'm a big fan of them and have all of thier SW 12'ers (and lots of their other stuff as well). But I also have all of the Medicom SW so far.

After opening 'em and playing with 'em and comparing 'em, Medicom just stands out as better quality stuff in general. Just my opinion though.

Here's some comparison pics that someone else posted at Medi-World Discussion Boards (http://com5.runboard.com/bmedicom)

The last pic is of one that had the head custom painted. Looks nice, wish I could do that to mine.

nash
08-30-2006, 04:38 AM
I agree, although the head-sculpt on Medi Luke is off , keep in mind that this was released a year and a half ago. Also, a year and half ago, 1/6 figures wern't exactly known for their "dead on" headsculpts, ie. Hasbro!. So perhaps Medicom didnt feel it was necessary to produce Luke with an exactly likeness to Mark Hamill. If you look at most of Medicoms offerings from the same time as Luke, all of their marvel figures have the comic or "anime" flair to them. And that's kind of what I think happened with Luke.

Often people see Medi Luke and think Medicom cant produce an accurate headsculpt, but look harder and you'll see that they really can.

Not to mention the excellent articulation of Medicom bodies and better proportionate bodies than the base sideshow bodies. The medi bodies just look much more realistic and not so much like a figure when posing.

I love Sideshow figures for what they are but I definitely do see a greater amount of quality in Medicom figures from the poseability to the clothing and accessories.

Samuel Windu
08-30-2006, 06:29 AM
Actually I'm not a Medicom fan.All I waiting for is Boba Fett.Yeah,he is coming soon:yes:

bigbarada
09-01-2006, 09:21 PM
Well, Medicom's likeness may pale next to Sideshow's, but that's it. Even then, Sideshows has a doofy expression. Everything else about the Medicom Luke is superior. Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean to sound like I was bashing Sideshow earlier, I'm a big fan of them and have all of thier SW 12'ers (and lots of their other stuff as well). But I also have all of the Medicom SW so far.

After opening 'em and playing with 'em and comparing 'em, Medicom just stands out as better quality stuff in general. Just my opinion though.

Here's some comparison pics that someone else posted at Medi-World Discussion Boards (http://com5.runboard.com/bmedicom)

The last pic is of one that had the head custom painted. Looks nice, wish I could do that to mine.

I actually prefer the Medicom Luke to the Sideshow one. The head and hands on the SS figure, while they are probably better sculpted, are too big for that body.

I just got the Medicom VSD (Vinyl Super-Deformed) Stormtrooper and I must say that this is a very well made toy. It's 8 inches tall so it looks really large and has 9 points of articulation (I wasn't really expecting any articulation). Very clean looking without a lot of sloppy paint applications.

Plus the box is just awesome.:thumbsup:

nash
09-07-2006, 04:21 AM
Just a couple of us i guess.