PDA

View Full Version : Beerfest

scruffziller
08-28-2006, 08:38 AM
If you saw the trailer for it and was intrigued and laughed out loud. Stay away from this movie. It is another example at how the trailer tries to sell a piece of crap. Even the worst funny movies I at least laughed out loud once. I did not with this once. I may have chuckled a little bit here and there but it was a big disappointment.

JEDIpartner
08-28-2006, 08:41 AM
Are you for real? This movie looked completely stupid from the trailer! Yikes!!! I can't believe you gave those doofs your hard-earneds! :eek:

El Chuxter
08-28-2006, 09:47 AM
I got a big whiff of "trying too hard" from the trailer, but didn't expect this bad. :eek:

JEDIpartner
08-28-2006, 10:32 AM
I can't believe go to see these movies at the theatre!!! This totally qualifies for the "only on video if there's nothing else to rent" category based on the trailers alone! LOL

scruffziller
08-28-2006, 02:01 PM
This type of movie was right up my alley. And since Super Troopers was fall down hilarious, I thought that I couldn't lose. Hilarious movies in the theatre for me are always best watched there.

Slicker
08-28-2006, 05:10 PM
This type of movie was right up my alley. And since Super Troopers was fall down hilarious, I thought that I couldn't lose. Hilarious movies in the theatre for me are always best watched there.The Broken Lizard guys have tried sooo hard to try and live up to Super Troopers cult fame that they end up trying far too hard. I have yet to see Beerfest (and I may not after your posts) but the trailer did indeed look funny.

Darth Jax
08-28-2006, 06:44 PM
super troopers came outta nowhere. since then anything plugged as from the creators of super troopers has sucked. club dread anyone?

darthvyn
08-28-2006, 08:27 PM
i thought club dread was pretty funny, but yeah... super troopers can never be topped, as it's achieved cult status... this looked promising, i'm really disappointed to hear all the negs... you would've thought they had a huge pointy robot and tried to call it megatron!

anyway, i'll check this one out on video, i guess...

2-1B
08-30-2006, 12:43 AM
It can't be worse than Club Dread.

Or Dukes of Hazzard.

General_Grievous
08-30-2006, 10:13 AM
I decided not to see this as soon as I heard that stupid line in the trailer "This beer is so good I want to freeze it in the winter and skate on it, and melt it and drink it in the spring!". I've been to funerals that are funnier than that line.

2-1B
08-30-2006, 12:00 PM
If Beerfest tanks like you guys are saying, it will be its own funeral.

And Grievous, that is the funniest f***ing sig line I've seen in awhile. lol lol lol

General_Grievous
08-30-2006, 12:05 PM
Thanks, Cae. I appreciate that. :)

2-1B
08-30-2006, 12:09 PM
I'm surprised nobody from LFL licensed that last year and did liquor ads! :eek:

General_Grievous
08-30-2006, 12:15 PM
Hey, I heard McCallum was all for it....:p

2-1B
09-03-2006, 02:36 PM
The movie was rather blah but not the worst, it had a few moments...better than Club Dread but that's not saying much. lol

scruffziller
09-14-2006, 07:19 AM
It's weird. Even after I posted my review and my friends and I talking about how bad it was, we are now remembereing alot of moments from the movie and laughing about them frequently. Sometimes it takes hindsight to put a movie into perspective.

JEDIpartner
09-14-2006, 08:07 AM
Hindsight... are looking at it out of your a**? :laugh:

darthvyn
09-14-2006, 09:22 PM
It's weird. Even after I posted my review and my friends and I talking about how bad it was, we are now remembereing alot of moments from the movie and laughing about them frequently. Sometimes it takes hindsight to put a movie into perspective.

that's how movies like this are... super troopers is only really funny when you watch it a second time after quoting everything with your friends. same with napolean dynamite and the juggernaut *****...

Kidhuman
09-14-2006, 09:57 PM

Same thing happened to me with the 40YOV. I didnt care for it the 1st time, but the 2nd time was even funnier and so on&