PDA

View Full Version : Vulcantouch-items Spoken For - Help!

vulcantouch-mom
08-28-2006, 05:39 PM
I'm going through boxes of Marilyn's collection and if anyone out there has not yet received items from Jean NOR had you been advised they were on their way before August 7th, please let me know. I've gotten permission to complete the project, but I'll need help.

I assured them I believe y'all would be fair and honest about prices agreed upon and that rip-offs would NOT be an issue because of the level of integrity I feel you all possess.

Soooooooooooooo, if you would, please, send me any info you can to help me complete your intended orders. Or if there are any items you hadn't yet communicated about, that's part of my project too.

Thank you:thumbsup:

vulcantouch-mom

Slicker
08-28-2006, 06:07 PM
Carolyn,

I would first off like to thank you for continuing Jeans work and also, once again, say that I'm sorry for your loss.

The only item that I can recall that was cemented between VT and I was this. The Freeze Frame Sandtrooper (http://www.vswmm.com/files/affreezeframe/sandtrooperff.jpg). I hate being the first to post because I don't want it to make me look like a heathen but you wouldn't have posted if you didn't want to tie up any loose ends.

Once again I'd like to thank you going through with this and I'd like to thank VT for getting everything started and caring enough about us to help out with Marilyn's collection.

BTW, the retail price for the figure was around $7 so with shipping $15-$20 sounds reasonable to me.

Kidhuman
08-28-2006, 06:59 PM
Thank you for taking your time to complete this daunting task. in this post (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=473205&postcount=310) he states what he had found for me. Dont worry about the Obi-Wan Kenobi(ben) figures as there are alot.

Grand Admiral Thrawn
Kyle Katarn
Space Trooper
EPhant Mon
clone 3 pack(yellow)
posters rolled up

The figures cost around 5 a peice unless I am mistaken. I dont know how much the psoters are, the 3 pack is ten bucks. If any further questions feel free to ask. Thanks again for doing this.

vulcantouch-mom
08-28-2006, 07:39 PM
You have NO idea how helpful sending the picture :yes: . I found it and, if I can, I'll send it tomorrow and advise of the actual postage.

Looking at these boxes all this time IS much different than actually getting into them :cross-eye . Kinda like living together differs from being married :rolleyes: .

I'm still looking and have a few lists - thanks, everyone for helping me with this.

vulcantouch-mom
08-28-2006, 08:42 PM
Ephant Mon and Clone Trooper, both in unopened packages. I've been looking in the wrong room. I'm going back in later, to see what else I can locate for you and others.

Wish me luck!

vulcantouch-mom :) :) :)

bobafrett
08-28-2006, 09:34 PM
You sent me a PM about a box that you had found labeled with Barry B on it. I sent you an e-mail, but not before reading this. It should have a Stormtrooper helmet and a Rebel Pilot helmet both by Riddell. They might be loose. I would have them taken offf of the stands before shipping them, if Jean had not done so already. I had my Stormtrooper helmet break just in moving less than a mile, as I left it on the stand before packing it. Hence, I was happy to take the one from Marilyn's collection.

I hope this helps.

sergiurusu
08-29-2006, 04:25 AM
Hi Carolyn,

Here is the list of MicroMachines playsets of what I wanted to buy from Marilyn's collection:

Ep.1 Generator Core Duel miniscene
Ep.1 Gungan Sub/Otoh Gunga Inside Playset
Ep.1 Trade Federation MTT/Naboo Battlefield Playset Theed Palace Assault (we discussed about this with VT, and JediGoofy will take the boxed MTT tank (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=787) and I'll take the loose one for $8)
Ep.1 Theed Palace Assault playset
Ep.1 Galactic Dogfight
Ep.1 Naboo Temple Ruins
Ep.1 Theed Rapids
Ep.1 Tatooine Desert

But not sure if these boxes with Micromachines playsets arrived to you. On the other hand we still need to figure out the price for them. As stated below VT asked Bobby F to help us pricing them (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=482180&postcount=347):

serg: "let me know how much"
VT "as indicated above, plz direct any quextions you have about pricing to bobbyf " :)
Thanks again for taking care of this even with your loss...

vulcantouch-mom
08-29-2006, 08:54 AM
Thank you VERY much for the detail and most helpful link regarding your 'wish' list and prices. I'm going to follow my son's practice and principle behind the shipping/handling(he considered the handling expenses silly as he used boxes available here for free from the library and packing foams, airbags we'd saved through the years).

I've got a small order going out to Slicker and SWAFMAN. Mom & I are awaiting status on possible work on her car needed to pass the State's emissions inspection, as her plates expire on Thursday. My elder sister's sons Jim and Garry have been working on it. It's here and running, so that's not a problem.

I'll be locating your pieces today, as much as possible, and will, of course, keep you up on their status.

I hope you're enjoying a terrific day, Sergiu. Having this project to work on is having a positive effect on me. Thanks again, for your well-appreciated information.

carolyn :) :) :)

sergiurusu
08-29-2006, 11:35 AM
THANK YOU Carolyn and please don not worry and don't hurry. There is time for everithing :yes:

Slicker
08-29-2006, 01:52 PM
THANK YOU Carolyn and please don not worry and don't hurry. There is time for everithing :yes:Total agreeance. Don't rush anything. As I said I'm in no hurry to get anything. I know it's still in good hands where it is so do what you've got to do personally then worry about us geeks.:p

Warstar
08-30-2006, 12:00 AM
I will re-send the list I sent to you, Carolyn. Thanks! :) :thumbsup:

vulcantouch-mom
08-30-2006, 03:22 PM
Lists are MOST helpful! Today, I bought copies of Jean's death certificate (for SS to stop his checks, and MSN to get CD's of his hotmail accounts so I can contact his friends in Japan and elsewhere in the US who are not SSG-folk).

If you have links w/images, that would help, otherwise, I'm Googling them to get an idea of what I'm looking for and will always verify before sending the wee'ns on their way.

I'm off!

vulcantouch-mom :) :) :)

sergiurusu
08-31-2006, 12:59 AM
Carolyn, here are the links with pics:

AF Ep.1 Generator Core Duel miniscene (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=toys/e1mmminiscene8.jpg)
Ep.1 Gungan Sub/Otoh Gunga Inside Playset (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=toys/e1mmtransformgungansub.jpg)
Ep.1 Trade Federation MTT/Naboo Battlefield Playset Theed Palace Assault (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=toys/e1mmplaymtt.jpg)
Ep.1 Theed Palace Assault playset (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=toys/e1mmplaytheedpalaceassault.jpg)
Ep.1 Galactic Dogfight (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=toys/e1mmafgalacticdogfight.jpg)
Ep.1 Naboo Temple Ruins (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=toys/e1mmafnabootemple.jpg)
Ep.1 Theed Rapids (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=toys/e1mmplaytheedrapids.jpg)
Ep.1 Tatooine Desert (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=toys/e1mmplaytatooinedesert.jpg)

vulcantouch-mom
08-31-2006, 01:17 AM
The links are MOST helpful. I truly enjoyed the photos, as well. That's the face of war that's seldom seen - I suppose because it's not sensational enough. It takes me back 35 years, when the boys' dad was in Viet-Nam. My brother-in-law, Don is a retired B-52 Tailgunner, having done 6-month tours of duty in between 6-month state-side duty. He gets so angry and disappointed in the way some law enforcement officers are 'sainted' when they're injured or killed in the line of duty. He says they should send the police officers (older ones) to Afghanistan instead of sending all the kids to the battlefront. A lot of his anger, I believe is coming from his frustration at the reality of the short length of time he has left. He's become hypercritical of many things. I worry a lot about him.

But, back to business :yes: - thank you MUY MUCH for the links. They'll be very helpful in my locating your items.

Have a wonderful Thursday, Sergiu, I'm waiting for more peeeeeeeeeeechurs from my sister, Kathie, in Santa Fe. I'm gonna try to scan them. I'll let you know how it works out.

G'nite:tired: !

carolyn/vt-mom

vulcantouch-mom
09-08-2006, 07:52 PM
My originally sent e-mail came back as a failed delivery. I was unable to get a PM to you with the body of it. My second attempt to your other e-mail address shown on your site came back.
They're in a double-thickness box - liner inside the outer box and I've put some blue paper on the top. I put something in a small envelope on the top of the pieces.

The postage was $3.99 (Media Mail) and the insurance $100 - was $2.30 (Insured Mail Receipt # VF 723 647 168 US) - for a total of $6.29. If you would, send check/mo to me -

Carolyn J. Wright
4985 Meade Street
Denver CO 80221-1031

Please include the $100 check in the same envelope payable to MIKE GUYOTE (you're already gonna DO this - - sorry, I had a blank moment here :o ).

This was the box Jean had addressed to you and, while I address a white sheet and encase it in a Fed-Ex shipping label plastic thingy that's entirely adhesive to the box, I didn't want to destroy it (he'd added his avatar on his return address), I put it on one side. Jean's hand-written addressing IS on the top of the box that will open.

I'll will e-mail Mike and Laura right away, so they'll know your check will be coming.

If you have any questions, just IM me or e-mail or PM thru the SSF Forum.

Enjoy :yes:

vulcantouch-mom:) :) :)

sergiurusu
09-26-2006, 01:46 AM
Ep.1 Generator Core Duel miniscene
Ep.1 Gungan Sub/Otoh Gunga Inside Playset
Ep.1 Trade Federation MTT/Naboo Battlefield Playset Theed Palace Assault * (we discussed about this with VT, and JediGoofy will take the boxed MTT tank (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=787) and I'll take the loose one for $8)
Ep.1 Theed Palace Assault playset
Ep.1 Galactic Dogfight
Ep.1 Naboo Temple Ruins
Ep.1 Theed Rapids
Ep.1 Tatooine Desert

* The Theed Palace Assault that appears near the red star is separate from that MTT playset. Only the MTT is $8, the Theed Palace Assault has other price.

It was my mistake when copying and pasting the names of the playsets! :sad: Sorry.

sergiurusu
09-27-2006, 12:17 PM
Please does anyone remeber the actual retail price for the MicroMachines Theed Palace Assault playset? Carolyn didn't get an answer from the persons she asked info from, and I thought you could help since all are AF/MM collectors.

Please if you have any info, pics, links or anything that might help us pricing this item from Marilyn's collection we'd be grateful. Please post here anything you have!! Thanks in advance!

shinakuma43
09-27-2006, 03:16 PM
I've only seen the Theed Palace Assault in stores once, it was at a store chain called Ames which has since gone out of business. Anyways, it was marked 39.99.

Hope that helps,
S43

JediTricks
09-27-2006, 08:58 PM
Theed Palace Assault boxed front: http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=toys/e1mmplaytheedpalaceassault.jpg

According to a data file I created back when it came out, it MSRPed for $19.99 just like the other Deluxe Playset "Royal Starship Repair".

vulcantouch-mom
09-27-2006, 09:20 PM
Only late, this afternoon, did I happen upon a rebelscum.com page that led me to that possibility. I've e-mailed for permission to use that as an acceptable price. You've given me validation for my vote. With your permission, I'd like to send your post to Mike.

I'm sifting thru some of Jéan's posts for items and am locating prices on some items here and trying to match them up w/Forum'ers' names - abbreviations are still getting me though.

As the first long list is directed to BobbyFett, I'll send him a list of undecipherables for help.

Again, thanks so much, JT, you've made my day!

VT-mom:thumbsup:

vulcantouch-mom
09-28-2006, 02:50 AM
The $19.99 from JediTricks matched the REBELSCUM-shown price. Now, I'm just waiting to hear from Laura so I can send Sergiu's order.

Such galantry! Two gentlemen coming to my rescue. I appreciate y'all's help.

It's really late and I'm falling asleep in front of "Scrubs".

G'nite :sleeping:

VT-mom :) :) :)

sergiurusu
09-28-2006, 05:49 AM
Thank you guys!!

RobertDD
09-28-2006, 01:49 PM
I've only seen the Theed Palace Assault in stores once, it was at a store chain called Ames which has since gone out of business. Anyways, it was marked 39.99.

Hope that helps,
S43

You must be thinking of the large theed hanger action fleet set....

shinakuma43
09-28-2006, 01:50 PM
Wow, it was 19.99 MSRP? Sorry for the incorrect info then, I guess Ames had it marked quite a bit higher than it should have been.

Later,
S43

JediTricks
09-28-2006, 03:40 PM
Only late, this afternoon, did I happen upon a rebelscum.com page that led me to that possibility. I've e-mailed for permission to use that as an acceptable price. You've given me validation for my vote. With your permission, I'd like to send your post to Mike.

I'm sifting thru some of Jéan's posts for items and am locating prices on some items here and trying to match them up w/Forum'ers' names - abbreviations are still getting me though.

As the first long list is directed to BobbyFett, I'll send him a list of undecipherables for help.

Again, thanks so much, JT, you've made my day!

VT-mom:thumbsup:
Sure thing, glad I could help. Run more of those abbreviations by us and I'm sure we'll be able to decipher them.

The $19.99 from JediTricks matched the REBELSCUM-shown price. Now, I'm just waiting to hear from Laura so I can send Sergiu's order.
Not as surprising as you might think really, the person who sold RS that database system used my original data.

Mothman
09-30-2006, 08:24 AM
Edited: sorry

vulcantouch-mom
09-30-2006, 11:09 AM
I began this, waiting until I could find the original post by VT - http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=26170&page=31 - on what he'd brought back. In the meantime, I've set up a WORD doc w/your list and will add it to the 'search' list. Of course, the veteran collectors/friends of Dee and my son, will take first priority on whatever is here, but, rest assured, whatever is possible, will be done to get as much as possible to you. If you want to e-mail me directly, you may reach me at round_grandma@msn.com and I'm usually online most of the day and evening, as I don't work outside the home--awaiting processing of my SS Disability claim - it's been nearly a year now. I'm caring for my Mother (92 in March), who's having a very difficult time with all this. Jéan had lived with her for the past 20 years and was her whole world. Sooooooooo, I'm very thankful to have been here when he left.

I've got to get going--we've an appointment w/the bank to see about the possibility of borrowing money for his headstone.

Nice meeting you, Mothman:yes: . See ya later .

VT-mom :) :) :)