PDA

View Full Version : Saga wave 8 to be wal-mart exclusives?

Blue2th
08-28-2006, 06:04 PM
I read this in the latest Hasbro Q&A: Q. Will the Hasbro Toy Shop be carrying the last wave of 2006 basic figures that is slated as a Wal-Mart exclusive?

A. They will not be. Update on the expected date for this wave is January on shelf at WM. .............................. So from what I am reading here, the last Saga wave is going to be at Wal-Mart only? Or am I understanding this wrong? These are going to hard to get then. :squareeye

Phantom-like Menace
08-28-2006, 06:20 PM
Awesome! An exclusive Wal-Mart Wave of Star Wars figures! That means I'll be able to get everyone of them just like I got everyone of the very well-handled Wal-Mart Marvel Legends Wave! There's no way scalpers will get there before me and purchase everyone of them thus guaranteeing I don't get any!

So is there a list of these figures I will never see in life? If there isn't, I'll just occupy my time till the list comes out playing with my disassociated Giant Man parts.

Kidhuman
08-28-2006, 06:25 PM
Kitik Keedkak
Kabe and Gas Mask boy
The horned devil guy
Aurra Sing
Astromech Droid

Those are the last of the TSC wave, so look for those to be them.

El Chuxter
08-28-2006, 07:21 PM
Mace's Astromech and the Dark Jedi Aurra Sing, both EU retoolings of earlier sculpts, are the only two worth getting (assuming you got the others before). And they confirmed at Comic-Con that they will, indeed, be WM exclusives.

Blue2th
08-28-2006, 08:14 PM
So this will be post wave 8 then? Kinda like post OTC only harder to get? I guess we could call it wave 8 and a half? Wave 8 will be hard enough to get, then you gotta look for these guys!:squareeye

TheDarthVader
08-28-2006, 09:15 PM
Nabrun Leids (gas mask boy) and Labria (horned alien) are going to be repaints. There were some pictures and these looked like nice repaints to me. I will be getting them (again). I love the cantina so I have to have these. :)

Rogue II
08-28-2006, 10:32 PM
Right now, I only plan on getting Kitik Keedkak and Mace's R2. I'll look at Nabrun Leids and Labria, but I doubt I'll get them.

figrin bran
08-29-2006, 12:05 AM
Mace's Astromech and the Dark Jedi Aurra Sing, both EU retoolings of earlier sculpts, are the only two worth getting (assuming you got the others before). And they confirmed at Comic-Con that they will, indeed, be WM exclusives.

as part of my boycott of everything that's associated with mace being purple, i'm only buying the aurra sing, assuming that i'll find it.

El Chuxter
08-29-2006, 12:46 AM
But, dude, new astromech. Can't you overlook the supposed link to Mace for another random droid? ;)

Darth Cruel
08-29-2006, 06:54 AM
I am not sure where some people are getting the impression that wave 8 is the final wave of TSC. But at the current rate of release...it seems to me that to get to figure #74...we will need as much as 12 waves. Inless wave 9 and 10 are like 12 figures each. And considering that the final 5 (6 if you count the 2-pack) are a Wal-Mart exclusive...I am guessing at least 11 waves. And the final 1 or 2 waves will be released in early 2007. Something I read in the questions to hasbro from the other web sites seems to indicate to me that there may be at least one wave released at the same time as the first waves of the 30th annivesary line. I don't remember what website had the question that the Hasbro rep's answer lead me to believe that...but the questions from the other web sites are on the SSG home page so it shouldn't be too difficult to find it.

This link will show the pics of the rest of the figures from TSC line. Read the captions below the pics to get a little info about them...particularly a general time to expect to find them.

http://starwars.com/community/event/con/f20060718/20060718_picview_hasbro/pictureviewer.html?imgNum=20&world=community

dindae
08-29-2006, 07:27 AM
This is the way I see it happening since the only unknown at this point is 63-69.

Wave 8 (53-62)
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS85770H

Wave 9 (63-69)

Wave 10 (70-74)

Phantom-like Menace
08-29-2006, 09:42 AM
Kitik Keedkak
Kabe and Gas Mask boy
The horned devil guy
Aurra Sing
Astromech Droid

Thanks for the list. Great, my quest to have all things astromech (minus anything made from the Tactical Nuclear R5-D4 sculpt) means I'm going to have to try to get Mace's astromech. At least it's the only one I absolutely have to get.

Banthaholic
08-29-2006, 10:42 AM
This is the way I see it happening since the only unknown at this point is 63-69.

Wave 8 (53-62)
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS85770H

Wave 9 (63-69)

Wave 10 (70-74)

63-69 were announced at Comic Con

Here is the list for the end of the year courtesy of GNT's list elsewhere
#44 - Luke Skywalker - Endor
#45 - Darth Vader
#46 - Endor Rebel Trooper (two versions)
#47 - Obi-Wan Kenobi
#48 - Darth Maul - Hologram
#49 - Rep Been
#50 - Naboo Flight Crew
#51 - Dud Bolt & Mars Guo
#52 - Gragra
#53 - Darth Maul - Sith Training
#54 - Chewbacca - Cloud City Escape
#55 - Kit Fisto - Clone Wars
#56 - Holographic Commander Cody
#57 - Clonetrooper 442nd Siege Battalion
#58 - R5-A1 - Imperial Astromech Droid
#59 - Clonerooper 5th Fleet Security
#60 - Clonetrooper Sergeant
#61 - Super Battle Droid
#62 - Battle Droid 2pack
#63 - Holographic Obi-Wan Kenobi
#64 - Clone Commander Appo
#65 - Kashyyyk Scout Trooper
#66 - Yareal Poof
#67 - Darth Vader's R2 Droid
#68 - Arena Padme
#69 - Clonetrooper
#70 - Kitik Keed'kak
#71 - Kabe and Nabrun Leids
#72 - Labria
#73 - Aurra Sing - EU
#74 - Maces R2 unit

Rogue II
08-29-2006, 10:56 AM
There isn't much SW for me to buy for the rest of this year. There are 6 figures off that list, the Snowspeeder, and the Imperial Officer set.

Are the 30th Anniversary tins coming out this year or next year?

dindae
08-29-2006, 12:25 PM
63-69 were announced at Comic Con

I was talking about the case assortment. I assume that since there were only 7 figures they would keep them in the same wave but they could break it up.

JEDIpartner
08-29-2006, 12:28 PM
I'm so glad that I don't care about most of these.

Banthaholic
08-29-2006, 03:21 PM
I was talking about the case assortment. I assume that since there were only 7 figures they would keep them in the same wave but they could break it up.

Oh in that case, back in July when 4-inches.com broke the news of the final waves they listed the following case assortment
Basic Figures A909 (12 Figuren)
1x Clone Trooper E3 (87327)
1x Clone Trooper E2 (87330)
1x Battle Droid 2-Pack (87340)
1x Holographic Obi-Wan Kenobi (87341)
1x Commander Appo (87342)
2x Elite Corps Clone Trooper (87343)
1x Darth Vader's Astromech Droid R5-K5 (87346)
1x Padmé Amidala (87347)
2x Cobat Engineer (87348)
1x Yarael Poof (87355)

Not sure if it has changed since then, but does seem to make some sense.

BoShek
08-31-2006, 11:22 AM
Darth Vader's R2 Droid and Mace's Droid are the only ones I really want to get. I may get the others if I see them but it's no biggy if I don't.

kool-aid killer
09-01-2006, 11:03 AM
The last couple of figures being Walmart exclusives is no biggie to me, the only one i really want is the droid. Aurra will be decided upon when i see her, her accessories will be what determines if i take it or leave it. The other ones dont impress me enough.

Hopefully Hasbro doesnt go the route of giving waves exclusively to one place or the other, that could become a pain in the tail.

Kidhuman
09-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Espacially if Kmart or TRU get them because then we are all up sh*ts creek and no paddle&

dindae
09-01-2006, 12:50 PM
I don't know if Kmart got them I would be able to get them for months they never sell anything around here quickly.:D

Tycho
09-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Hasbro is doing lousy again.

Here's my buy list:

(1) #44 - Luke Skywalker - Endor
(-) #45 - Darth Vader
(-) #46 - Endor Rebel Trooper (two versions)
(-) #47 - Obi-Wan Kenobi
(-) #48 - Darth Maul - Hologram
(10) #49 - Rep Been
(6) #50 - Naboo Flight Crew
(4) #51 - Dud Bolt & Mars Guo
(2) #52 - Gragra (wanted a SwokesSwokes senate figure I could buy 8 of)
(-) #53 - Darth Maul - Sith Training
(-) #54 - Chewbacca - Cloud City Escape
(-) #55 - Kit Fisto - Clone Wars
(-) #56 - Holographic Commander Cody
(-) #57 - Clonetrooper 442nd Siege Battalion
(-) #58 - R5-A1 - Imperial Astromech Droid
(-) #59 - Clonerooper 5th Fleet Security
(? -maybe a few? 10 or less) #60 - Clonetrooper Sergeant
(-) #61 - Super Battle Droid
(-) #62 - Battle Droid 2pack
(-) #63 - Holographic Obi-Wan Kenobi
(-) #64 - Clone Commander Appo
(7) #65 - Kashyyyk Scout Trooper
(-) #66 - Yareal Poof
(-) #67 - Darth Vader's R2 Droid
(-) #68 - Arena Padme
(-) #69 - Clonetrooper
(-) #70 - Kitik Keed'kak
(-) #71 - Kabe and Nabrun Leids
(-) #72 - Labria
(-) #73 - Aurra Sing - EU
(-) #74 - Maces R2 unit

Next year that I know of, I'm down for gettig only:

2 Mustafar Lava Miners
2 Utopau Airborne Troopers
4 Galactic Marines (Mygeeto)

I'm not sure about the rest of the waves.

I'm not getting most ships and vehicles, though I wouldn't mind another Hailfire and AAT Tank (I have to deploy something for my Trade Federation forces on Kashyyyk)

I'm not going for the Crimson Empire 2-pack (I think. I might.)

I'm probably not going for the Imperial Officers pack.

I still need to buy the Lucas Family - want that one.

I'll be buying new Galactic Heroes sets. I'm pathetic that way.

Forgetting repainted Jedi Starfighters.

dindae
09-02-2006, 02:37 AM
I think these figures are fine for what they are. Peg fodder to get them through the christmas season. They have said that the line has been selling really well. My theory is they made their case assortments figured how many they were going to sell and over estimated the drop off from Episode 3. We kept buying the figures so the stores kept buying the cases. And surpisingly they did a good job of not creating many huge pegwarmers. So instead of pumping out more of the same the same figures we have on the shelves or rushing the plans for 2007 they are giving us a few filler waves. These are all figures they could do with a new paint scheme and previous molds. Keeping that in mind I think its a pretty good mix of figures. Maybe I'm wrong and they are just going cheap so they can make up more money.

Tycho
09-02-2006, 02:46 AM
Hmmm.

They are offering 31 different figures.
I am buying 30 figures.
However, I'm only buying 7 different figures. - That's less than 1/3 of what they're offering.

dindae
09-02-2006, 03:27 AM
Sorry forgot who I was replying to. Yes since you are not buying them they are not valid selections. :razz:

tagmac
09-02-2006, 09:30 AM
Looks like I'm gonna save a lot of money these next few months on figures. Only two look worth buying, and since my Wal-Mart never has anything (scalpers, poor stocking, etc.), I'll never find the last five anyway, even if I did want them.

Blue2th
09-02-2006, 10:14 AM
Well, I don't know about most of you guys, but as a completist, I WILL be buying at least one carded, and one loose figure (unless it's a re-pack-repaints qualify) This will be the last of the excellent TSC cards, and I want them all one way or the other.

Tycho
09-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Looks like I'm gonna save a lot of money these next few months on figures. Only two look worth buying, and since my Wal-Mart never has anything (scalpers, poor stocking, etc.), I'll never find the last five anyway, even if I did want them.

You didn't tell us which 2 you like, Tagmac.

Blue2th: being a completist is very dangerous. Hasbro could re-card the original POTF2 R5-D4 for "the 10th Anniversary of the Launch of the Plastic Missle" and if they put it on a nice card, perhaps with a picture of a collector vomitting in the background, you'll feel obliged to buy it. If so, a recard of the '98 Flashback R2D2 with Launching Lightsaber might then be in order. This figure would come out in 2008 and feature a commemorative picture of a collector having dysentary troubles with a Flashback card of the previous collector regurgitating all his Fruitloops that he ate with Lays Potato Chips for Hasbro's mail-order offers.

Blue2th
09-02-2006, 02:20 PM
I see your point Tycho. It IS getting out of hand. I do like the TSC cards though. I think the completist thing will end with the 30th ann. cards which I don't like at all. As long as I have a loose one of every new fig and possible re-paints for the 07 line I'll be happy.

TheDarthVader
09-07-2006, 11:06 PM
I will be getting all of the OT figures on that list and only a few of the PT figures.

abell748
09-09-2006, 06:51 AM
I think I'll pick up most of the filler waves with exception of 4 (Maul, Padme, Kit, and Chewie). The updated paint jobs on some might make me pass them by also if they are no big improvement (cantina figs). The straight up "new" figures from repaints I will pick up all of them. I hope I have an easier time finding them than I did with the last add on waves to the ROTS line last year. I was hoping I was mostly done this year, but darn you hasbro!!!

Kidhuman
09-09-2006, 08:12 AM
Whats funny is thast on the main page, there is a WM exclusive article and no mention of this wave in it from Hasbros main page&

Mad Slanted Powers
09-09-2006, 10:58 AM
I will get most of these. I will not be getting

#53 - Darth Maul - Sith Training
#54 - Chewbacca - Cloud City Escape
#55 - Kit Fisto - Clone Wars

I could probably pass on these as well

#47 - Obi-Wan Kenobi
#48 - Darth Maul - Hologram
#66 - Yareal Poof

Obi-Wan doesn't look to be much of an improvement over Episode I figures, the only difference seeming to be the cloth robe. Looks like the Episode I Jedi Knight mold.

Darth Maul just appears to be the Episode I Tatooine mold. A more neutral pose would be better for the hologram.

Yareal Poof is the same as the Jedi Council scene, but he comes with a lightsaber. I'll probably get it just to have a carded version (even though I may open it, I'll still have the card).

I'll buy at least two of every army builder figure.