PDA

View Full Version : Could be some Star Tours action soon

K M Toydarian
08-29-2006, 12:04 AM
Disney is holding auditions this week for Performers for a Jedi Training Academy Show that will be in the Buzz Lightyear outdoor stage.
I don't know when the show will begin, but they are auditioning Hosts (Jedi), Vader, Darth Maul, and Stormtroopers.
Hopefully there will be some cool mechandise to go with the new Star Tours/Star Wars 30th push.
This show has been done at MGM during Star Wars Weekends. Don't know it Orlando has had it all year as well or not, but they probably will now.

JediTricks
08-30-2006, 02:16 PM
Wow, sounds very cool! A stage show could be really awesome now that we have technology to make realistic-looking lightsaber blades a la Master Replicas. The Buzz Lightyear stage is across from the Star Tours entrance and its exit into the Star Trader, right?

K M Toydarian
09-01-2006, 04:47 AM
The outdoor stage is in the courtyard area by the food stand, sort of across from innoventions, kinda across from the the Star Tader entrance. Hopefully there will be a stronger Star Wars presence in general. It would be great to see a lifesize ATAT like in Florida (MGM), or at least move that hanging X-Wing from the arcade, outside so we can get pictures by it!

JediTricks
09-01-2006, 11:56 PM
Hmm, I'm not entirely sure now where that is, but it'd be good almost anywhere, even on that crappy stage behind Red Rockets pizza port.

I don't think that large-scale X-wing would survive the elements, but I know what you mean, they really should use it better.

DarkArtist
09-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Hey, does anyone know if the show will be ready in Febuary? I am going the week of President's day with the family and Star Tours (or the R2-D2 ride as my niece calls it) is on the menu. Hopefully Star Traders will be nice and stocked with some new figures and the few Star Tours figures I am missing

K M Toydarian
09-05-2006, 04:23 AM
I'll keep my ears open. I used to work there in Entertainment, and still have lots of friends there. Was just there last week and the Star Trader didn'r have much new. Mostly Lushros and a few other peg warmers for Saga, and I don't really recall any Star Tours figs. I think they might be drying up actually. They do have the Mickey/Yoda 2 pack, and the 18" latex Yoda though. But the Mickey/Yoda is really a weird scale, not like other 3 3/4 figures. (and 20 bucks!).
They have some collectibles that are nice to see in person though, like a handful of Kotobukiya, Y-wing studio scale model, Master Replicas Sabers....

I'll post as soon as I know any info on the show, or other Star Wars improvements, and by Feb. I sure the Star Trader will carry losts of new Hasbro stuff.

DarkArtist
09-06-2006, 05:42 PM
I'll keep my ears open. I used to work there in Entertainment, and still have lots of friends there. Was just there last week and the Star Trader didn'r have much new. Mostly Lushros and a few other peg warmers for Saga, and I don't really recall any Star Tours figs. I think they might be drying up actually. They do have the Mickey/Yoda 2 pack, and the 18" latex Yoda though. But the Mickey/Yoda is really a weird scale, not like other 3 3/4 figures. (and 20 bucks!).
They have some collectibles that are nice to see in person though, like a handful of Kotobukiya, Y-wing studio scale model, Master Replicas Sabers....

I'll post as soon as I know any info on the show, or other Star Wars improvements, and by Feb. I sure the Star Trader will carry losts of new Hasbro stuff.

Hey K M when did you work there, I am an alumni to. Worked in 96 as various characters throughout the park

K M Toydarian
09-07-2006, 06:39 AM
Hey K M when did you work there, I am an alumni to. Worked in 96 as various characters throughout the park
I was a peformer (animal dancer) in the Snow White show the first run, didn't go back this summer, but lots of friends did. Couple of other shows there before that. In 96 I was in the Hunchback show.

DarkArtist
09-07-2006, 09:05 PM
I was a peformer (animal dancer) in the Snow White show the first run, didn't go back this summer, but lots of friends did. Couple of other shows there before that. In 96 I was in the Hunchback show.

Let's see, I was in the Mickey Mania Parade as Goofy, played Buzz Lightyear and a green army man. I also did one of the technicians/ pilots on the Star Tours ride. Worked several rides including Pirates, Spaceship Earth, and the dreaded ride It's a Small World.

RooJay
09-30-2006, 10:09 PM
Wow, that sounds pretty cool! Seems like I should've heard about that already at work...:thumbsup:

Ephantmon
11-03-2006, 04:12 PM
Hopefully we will get some new figures next year for the 30th Ann. I also read somewhere that next year is the 20th Ann of when the Star Tours ride first opened. That would make it perfect. Even if they rereleased some of the older figures on the new cards, that would still be cool.

JediTricks
11-04-2006, 05:52 PM
The ride was opened during Star Wars' 10th anniversary year. Man does that make me feel old.