PDA

View Full Version : It's entirely possible we need more gunships

Phantom-like Menace
08-29-2006, 11:15 PM
The Toys "R" Us Clone Wars gunship sold very well in my area. If nothing else another exclusive would be nice. I don't really care if it's a straight rerelease of the previous gunships.

I'd be happy seeing these kept permanently on hasbrotoyshop.com just as we were promised army builders would be. In fact, if you were to really make some of us happy, it'd be nice if we could get ARC-170s. I know the gunships would do well, but I'm not sure about the ARC-170s.

But, yeah more gunships would be nice. There are lots of people with lots of clones, and we don't want our clones to be hoofing it.

And while we're talking about clone transport issues, please take notice of all of the requests for the AT-TE.

Blue2th
08-29-2006, 11:42 PM
The only useful Gunship with movie accurate colors is the Episode 2 one. The one we got for ROTS never appeared in the movie. They should at least re-release the AOTC Gunship. It's the one needed for a good Utapaun scene with Orange Clones and Commander Cody. And of course an AT-TE to shoot at Obi-Wan on his Boga.

Banthaholic
08-29-2006, 11:48 PM
It's funny we have 4 gunships released so far and none of them have ever been rereleased yet. All have a fair secondary market price.

My TRU sold through the latest one well. It might happen, though I'd like to see other things before I buy my 5th gunship.

JediTricks
08-30-2006, 04:23 PM
Blue2th makes a good point, the only Gunship that's been in the movies is the AOTC design from Hasbro's "Saga" line, and we haven't seen it in a while, we could use it again with better paint and some new ball turrets, maybe the hanging gear in the rear compartment.

jedi master sal
08-31-2006, 09:14 AM
Blue2th makes a good point, the only Gunship that's been in the movies is the AOTC design from Hasbro's "Saga" line, and we haven't seen it in a while, we could use it again with better paint and some new ball turrets, maybe the hanging gear in the rear compartment.

I agree completely.

I now need at least 4 more of these puppies, in the AOTC movie accurate version.

There's NO need for the black command one, nor the inaccurate ROTS one. The Clonw Wars animated variant is cool, but once this run is done, I don't see a need for that one again either.

JUST the movie accurate one you released for AOTC would be fine thanks.

And I also concur about the ball turrets.

That and we REALLY DO want/need the AT-TE!!! It's an exciting design, has a commanding presence and was in two of the prequels!! I'd drop $60-80 depending on how it looks and what amenities come with it, on each one. And I want 3-5 of them at least!!

Jargo
08-31-2006, 11:30 AM
AT-TE and drop ship. That's all i want. the gunship is ok but four releases in recent years is enough for me. Want something new for a change. I want to see hasbro putting in some real effort to entice me to spend my money.

Jayspawn
08-31-2006, 01:19 PM
I'd like to see a neutral-colored Gunship like in ROTS. I think it would compliment the CW and AOTC Gunships.

But I have 3 already so I'm done buying them anyways.

Phantom-like Menace
08-31-2006, 03:31 PM
Just FYI for anyone who agrees we need more gunships, my TRU just put out their AT-ATs and when they did, they restocked with some gunships.

So, you might want to check TRU. Hopefully I can get both a walker and another gunship Tuesday. And while I'm hoping, hopefully they still have AT-ATs when I can afford another (Why couldn't I have gotten my new job two weeks earlier or why couldn't TRU get their walkers and gunships two weeks later?).

Devo
08-31-2006, 04:05 PM
The ROTS toy actually has my favourite paint scheme from any of the gunships. I would rather this have been the 'film accurate' version.

Blue2th
08-31-2006, 06:23 PM
AT-TE and drop ship. That's all i want. the gunship is ok but four releases in recent years is enough for me. Want something new for a change. I want to see hasbro putting in some real effort to entice me to spend my money.
One of those drop ships would be cool! Here's a pic......http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e6/Laatc.jpg

Slicker
08-31-2006, 06:40 PM
One of those drop ships would be cool! Here's a pic......http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e6/Laatc.jpgIT looks like it could be an easy custom for someone that's at least a bit skilled. Looks just like a Gunship with the arse end chopped off&

JediTricks
08-31-2006, 10:12 PM
IT looks like it could be an easy custom for someone that's at least a bit skilled. Looks just like a Gunship with the arse end chopped off&
There's a larger sensor pod between the engines, the engines don't sport the rocket tubes, there are no ball-turrets in the wings, the cockpit is a totally different shape, and it's about 50% bigger than the Gunship.

If Hasbro made an AT-TE based on the scale of the current Gunship toy, the AT-TE would be needlessly dinky - the Gunship toy is already down-scaled, and the Airdrop LAAT/c version of the toy would have to be significantly bigger even to stay in scale with the Gunship toy - you scale the AT-TE to that and it'd be essentially a $30 minirig version.

BTW, to clarify my earlier statement, the Saga Gunship needs more weathering and other details from a new paintjob, that wasn't just a random statement I made, there's so much more that can be done with this toy's look while staying movie-accurate.

Slicker
09-01-2006, 10:00 AM
There's a larger sensor pod between the engines, the engines don't sport the rocket tubes, there are no ball-turrets in the wings, the cockpit is a totally different shape, and it's about 50% bigger than the Gunship.

Welllll....other than that it wouldn't be tough.;)

Blue2th
09-01-2006, 03:51 PM
Wonder if you could take two ROTS Gunships, and cut them up, using the fuselage of one to extend the other? Cut the bottom of the one for a cargo slot. Once you get the size, then make the mods to the rest of it, cutting the barrel of the rocket tubes off, cuttng the canopy in half, patch the various holes like the wing turrets and cockpit with pieces of the scrap Gunship.

JediTricks
09-01-2006, 04:15 PM
It's not just longer, it's physically bigger, the section under the cockpit is about twice as large (wide, long, deep) as the regular gunship, so you couldn't just graft 2 regular gunships together to accomplish this, I don't think there'd be a single piece not completely altered except the front cannons.

Phantom-like Menace
09-02-2006, 04:04 PM
I got paid today and went to TRU to purchase the goods. Well,in the last two days, my TRU had sold through both of the AT-ATs they had and one of the two gunships. I purchased the second gunship this morning.

So if you're reading, Hasbro, that is two AT-ATs and two gunships in two days, so an AT-TE would still be awesome.