PDA

View Full Version : The 2006 VMAs... when I accidentally tuned in.

JEDIpartner
09-01-2006, 09:39 AM
OK Go performed their latest track live. Well, they mimed it but they did the awesome treadmill routine and didn't screw up!
Jessica Simpson managed to look like a ho next to the P'ussycat Dolls. Impressive...
Justin Thimblef*** can dance but can't sing.
Rent-a-rappers are way overused these days.
Most of these acts wouldn't know a melody if it came crashing down on them like a grand piano.
I still can't get over how Jessica Simpson managed to look like a ho next to the P'ussycat Dolls!!!
Jack Black is the most annoying man in entertainment today and needs to die.
Christina Uglygorilla looks much better these days but needs to stop yelling all of the notes in her songs.
J.Lo looked scary.That is all. :o

2-1B
09-01-2006, 09:48 AM
I never even heard of OK Go until I saw that guy on The Colbert Report...the treadmill video is one of the dumbest things I've seen in awhile!

JimJamBonds
09-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the heads up JP, now I know not to turn on my tv over the next handfull of days so I don't stumble on it like you did.

Kidhuman
09-01-2006, 12:48 PM
How can they host video awards when they never show them&?

Slicker
09-01-2006, 12:50 PM
I was actually thinking the same thing. That'd be like CMT hosting the Vibe awards&...

CaptainSolo1138
09-01-2006, 01:21 PM
The people who write for the celeb gossip site idontlikeyouinthatway.com were impressed that Jessica Simpson could hide his testicles under such a short dress.

JEDIpartner
09-01-2006, 02:31 PM
L O L !!!!!!!!!

General_Grievous
09-01-2006, 05:35 PM
I think your Jack Black comment is a bit extreme and unfair, JP. Granted I didn't watch the VMAs, but Jack's been great in stuff like Tenacious D, School of Rock, and King Kong. Lay off the guy, especially when there are celebs out there who REALLY deserve to die, like Kevin Federline, Paris Hilton, and Lindsay Lohan.

Slicker
09-01-2006, 05:56 PM
Lay off the guy, especially when there are celebs out there who REALLY deserve to die, like Kevin Federline, Paris Hilton, and Lindsay Lohan.& Martha Stewart&

Rocketboy
09-01-2006, 06:04 PM
Wait a sec...they still have the VMAs?&

Slicker
09-01-2006, 08:58 PM
OK Go performed their latest track live. Well, they mimed it but they did the awesome treadmill routine and didn't screw upFor those that care here's the video (http://break.com/index/ok_go_treadmill_guys_vmasb.html).

CaptainSolo1138
09-02-2006, 05:20 PM
I prefer the OK Go performance where he was knocked out when someone threw a bottle at him on stage (http://www.jacked.net/index2.php?&file=panic.wmv&sort=Date&skip=0&show=1). How do you get knocked out by a water bottle?!

Even the puss from Nickelback took a freakin' rock to the dome (http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/1706330/) and all it did was tick him off further!

Bel-Cam Jos
09-03-2006, 09:37 AM
I actually think the VMAs would be more like the Annual Eight-Track Awards. Music videos seem to have gone outta style with the near-instantaneous release of streaming video online (and on phones, for gosh-dang-tootin' sakes! ) and music downloads. Artists don't really focus on videos to promote themselves, and, as was previously mentioned, what stations even show them anymore? MTV used to be cutting edge... when it was new, of course. I guess as I'm aging, my enjoyment of MTV has become "Might've Topped-off its Value." :washedup: