PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro confirms SA Qui-Gon Jinn for 2007!

Battle Droid
09-01-2006, 03:51 PM
http://cgi.denpetersen.com/YAK1/viewtopic.php?t=687

1) Hasbro - Hi - The Galactic Hunt Obi-Wan and the Evolutions Anakin
are amazing sculpts. Also some of the Episode III sculpts including Ki Adi
Mundi and Kit Fisto are fantastic. When will we see some more of
these ""super articulated"" Jedi scupts. A Qui-Gonn Jinn akin to the
Anakin and Obi-Wan previously mentioned would be very exciting to fans, as would any other SA type Jedi, including Adi Gallia, Eeth Koth, and Bariss Offee. Also, is the upcoming Yarrel Poof figure an
improved sculpt over the Jedi Council figure?"

Thanks for the comment. We do have some of the other Jedi that we want to do in an updated, SA (super-articulated) manner, and Qui-Gon is going to get that treatment sometime in 2007. Other that you mention will be updated, but not next year….they are slated for further out figures. Yarael Poof is the same figure as the Jedi Council version, with a lightsaber this time.

TheDarthVader
09-01-2006, 04:24 PM
This is good news for those who have been begging for that definitive SA Qui Gon. I am glad Hasbro is releasing Yareal again because I need him for my council scene that I am making. All of my jedi are going to stand. There will be no chairs. Anyways, this is good news.

Kidhuman
09-01-2006, 04:28 PM
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!&

jedi master sal
09-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Well, it's about damn time. I'm going to need about a dozen of him (if he's done right) for scenes. Then I can start selling off or giving away the other (older) Qui's I have.

figrin bran
09-01-2006, 11:24 PM
yessss! thank you hasbro!!! :thumbsup:&

Devo
09-01-2006, 11:36 PM
Ah good. Generally speaking I think the prequels are a load of tripe but Qui-gon, superfluous as he was, was actually the best thing about all 3 of the films. And I like the toys for these films so a good all-rounder Qui-gon will be most welcome.

Adam
09-02-2006, 01:09 AM
Mmm. Good news. If he comes with a soft goods cloak, I will probably buy two. :)

JediTricks
09-02-2006, 02:17 AM
So glad I wasted one of our questions today on that. :p

dindae
09-02-2006, 03:09 AM
Yet another cool figure to make 2007 a good year.

El Chuxter
09-02-2006, 11:23 AM
HOORAY!!!

This has just made my day! :beard::Pirate::Ogre:

So glad I wasted one of our questions today on that. :p

Well, it did mention Jango as well. So not a total waste. Maybe we can find out if anything not hindered by an action feature is in the works. :p

A Qui-Gonn Jinn akin to the Anakin and Obi-Wan previously mentioned would be very exciting to fans, as would any other SA type Jedi, including Adi Gallia, Eeth Koth, and Bariss Offee.

Thanks for the comment. We do have some of the other Jedi that we want to do in an updated, SA (super-articulated) manner, and Qui-Gon is going to get that treatment sometime in 2007. Other that you mention will be updated, but not next year….they are slated for further out figures.

I think in the excitement over Qui-Gon (totally justified, BTW), we're overlooking the second part of the question. "Other that you mention" -- is it a typo for "others" or is it referring to only one of the three characters in red? In any case, there are three. At least one of those is confirmed, albeit for the slightly more distant future. And, IMHO, there's one who seems a more obvious choice, having not only appeared in the films, but in several books (even prior to AOTC) and the Clone Wars cartoon.

Does this mean we'll finally get a resculpt of Barriss that isn't one of her one moment in the tryouts for Madame Butterfly? :love:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-02-2006, 01:54 PM
I really hope we get an SA Qui-Gon soon, but didn't Hasbro say in an older Q&A that we wouldn't get that one for quite a while? Oh well, this is newer information, so hopefully it's more correct.

DarkArtist
09-02-2006, 04:31 PM
Here's hoping that Qui Gon will be along the lines of red leader Obi Wan

JediTricks
09-02-2006, 05:49 PM
Well, it did mention Jango as well. So not a total waste. Maybe we can find out if anything not hindered by an action feature is in the works. :pThey touched on something similar yesterday:

JediInsider.com: Any plans for a VOTC Jango Fett figure?

Hasbro: Prequel Vintage is an interesting concept (if not an oxymoron) but we're not there yet… we'd like to continue to concentrate on classic Kenner figures that should be updated first. At some point we can see doing what you suggest, but it's not anytime in the near future.
Hopefully that last sentence means the vintage-style prequel figs rather than Jango but I fear it won't and Hasbro will see "Qui-Gon" and "Jango" in our question and ignore the part about other main characters.

JEDIpartner
09-11-2006, 01:08 PM
Finally!!!!!!!