PDA

View Full Version : wave 7 and 8 pics up on hasbro.com

figrin bran
09-02-2006, 01:39 AM
i'm sure everyone has seen pics of the figures in these two waves already but hasbro has updated their site with pics of them.

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/newsID.69DE43A1-D56F-E112-450BB251AB4FA030/page.news/dn/default.cfm

bigbarada
09-02-2006, 01:54 AM
I really like that green 442 Siege Battalion Clonetrooper and the astromechs.

Repainting the Biker Scout as the Elite Corps Trooper is kind of the lazy way out for that figure, since the armor is different enough that it should be a completely new sculpt.

Is that a POTF2 Padme?:stupid: She looks a little "buff."

Overall, not a single "new" figure, they're all repaints, rereleases, or retooled versions of existing figures. :frus:

bobafrett
09-02-2006, 07:22 AM
I believe SirSteve has these posted in a newsbot newsarticle already. I'm planning on getting at least one of each. 2 of each of the clones if possible.

Slicker
09-02-2006, 07:32 AM
Let's just hope that with all of the clones offered here that they've run the barrel dry for a bit.

Although they are all repaints/retools as BigB stated they do looked good and several of them are quite welcome (BD's, and Bespin Chew) so all in all these waves look quite decent&

tagmac
09-02-2006, 09:28 AM
The Kashhyyk scout is about the only figure I see myself getting out of this set, along with maybe Yarael Poof. I was really hoping we'd get the clone with the big helmet from Utapau (the one they put in the Mace set), but I guess we'll have to wait on that one.

Blue2th
09-02-2006, 10:06 AM
Well, we get a Holographic Cody, with a holo helmet (that's a first)...Padme is a little too buff in POTF2 style as bigbarada said. That couldn't be the final sculpt? Especially when we got the excellent Droid Factory Padme. Or even the Genosis Arena Padme (with or without mole :grin: )

El Chuxter
09-02-2006, 10:31 AM
They said at Comic-Con she was the head of one Padme on the body of another. I'm assuming the body is Droid Factory, or a re-tooled Geonosis Arena.

DarkArtist
09-02-2006, 03:35 PM
I like them all, will be getting at one of each them and several of the clones if possible.

JediTricks
09-02-2006, 04:55 PM
I think the reason Padme looks oversized is because they are putting the Arena figure's head on the Factory figure's body, and the Arena figure is a smaller scale, so this figure looks all pin-headed.

Anybody else notice that Holo Obi-Wan is holding a lightsaber even though that's an outer robe accessory with no hand there, so they globbed it onto the side of the robe just under the empty sleeve?

Blue2th
09-02-2006, 06:02 PM
They better fix that. It won't be healthy for kids role playing with their Anakin falling in love with a manly Padme. Now if they made her perky it might be ok. :grin:

kool-aid killer
09-02-2006, 06:09 PM
Im hoping these arent difficult to find like the last couple of figures were from the ROTS line. I only seen them once and they were gone. Hopefully that wont be the case with these, as im looking to purchase a decent amount of them. Its interesting to see Hasbro paint clones in the two of the three schemes we seen available in the ROTS clone three packs (the green and two blue stripe ones) it makes me wonder if the clones seen in the movie were originally supposed to have those colors on them. Plus, the combat engineer was available in the clone 3 pack from the movies DVD release. Now all they need to release is the clone with half dot on his head and they can be done for with the crazy color clones.

bigbarada
09-02-2006, 06:25 PM
I think Hasbro is going to try to milk the Clonetrooper concept the way Kenner tried to milk the Ewoks in 1983-86.

So, like the Ewoks, for those of you who are big fans of the clones, get them now while you can because once this initial fascination dies, then getting new Clonetroopers will be like getting new Ewoks in the modern lines. :frus:

Of course, that may not be accurate since new Ewoks usually require new sculpting. Hasbro can keep reusing the same Clonetrooper mold until the fans have just had enough.

Kidhuman
09-02-2006, 09:08 PM
A few passes, but will get the clones no doubt. So this wave 8 is the WM exclusive&

kool-aid killer
09-02-2006, 09:18 PM
I think Hasbro is going to try to milk the Clonetrooper concept the way Kenner tried to milk the Ewoks in 1983-86.

So, like the Ewoks, for those of you who are big fans of the clones, get them now while you can because once this initial fascination dies, then getting new Clonetroopers will be like getting new Ewoks in the modern lines. :frus:

Of course, that may not be accurate since new Ewoks usually require new sculpting. Hasbro can keep reusing the same Clonetrooper mold until the fans have just had enough.

I think at this point i would rather have Ewoks than clones, at least with them we can realistically assume they did appear in the ROTJ.

Phantom-like Menace
09-02-2006, 10:32 PM
I think at this point i would rather have Ewoks than clones, at least with them we can realistically assume they did appear in the ROTJ.

If you're that worried about it, a DVD player and freeze frame are in order. If you're not that worried about it, why worry about it?

Old Fossil
09-03-2006, 07:32 PM
I like Commander Appo and the two astromech droids. I'll leave the rest on the pegs for the kiddies.

That black R5 unit is sweet. I wish they'd do the orange one we see rolling around Mos Eisley in ANH.

sith_killer_99
09-03-2006, 08:50 PM
10 figures in wave 7!!! That's a bit much, plus there are too many recards.

Oh well, it seems the last few months have been spent buying figures I already have, so why should these be any different.

I am kinda happy to see a bunch of new clones (EP2 and EP3) but to tell you the truth I am out of army building on the PT side of the house. I am strictly an OT army builder now.

Which reminds me, in about 6-8 weeks I will be getting rid of a bunch of stuff, mostly PT army builders.

Back on track here, I am really happy to see a few new astromechs added to the line and I am always up for a new holo figure.:thumbsup:

Kidhuman
09-03-2006, 10:07 PM
Which reminds me, in about 6-8 weeks I will be getting rid of a bunch of stuff, mostly PT army builders.

Let a brother know when you are ready to trade/sell&.

Darth Instigator
09-04-2006, 10:57 AM
what happened to the holo darth maul? I thought that wave was coming out soon? Did I miss that?

jedi master sal
09-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Let a brother know when you are ready to trade/sell&.

Yeah, hook a brotha' up!

dindae
09-04-2006, 11:58 AM
what happened to the holo darth maul? I thought that wave was coming out soon? Did I miss that?

These are after that wave which should be hitting fairly soon.

sith_killer_99
09-05-2006, 06:11 AM
KH and JMS,

You know I'll do whatever I can to help out.

Now all I have to do is complete ANCOC, PCS to Fort Hood, find a place to live, get my stuff out of storage and sort through hundreds of figures.

Piece of cake. LOL:D

SirSteve
09-06-2006, 06:56 PM
I just added several figures from wave 7 in Hi-Res loose and carded.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=317

bobafrett
09-06-2006, 10:13 PM
I just added several figures from wave 7 in Hi-Res loose and carded.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=317

I saw the newsbot bit on the wave 7 and the wave 8, but when I press on the link bar, I get the same wave pictures for both links. Just a heads up.

SirSteve
09-06-2006, 10:28 PM
Not sure what you mean... the link above sends you to wave 7. We are waiting for the rest of wave 7 and 8.

JediTricks
09-07-2006, 08:42 PM
He meant this: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=32672

I'm guessing you typed "8" instead of "7" by accident and then went back and changed the article when you noticed, but the Newsbot doesn't alter or delete the old thread when a new one is added, it merely creates a new one whenever a new title or description comes up such as: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=32674

I run into this a lot because I'm never satisfied with my stories, so I always edit them a few times and they often show up multiple times in the RSS-fed newsbot posts.

stillakid
09-11-2006, 10:04 AM
I get the feeling that I've seen some of these figures before.

Darth Maul (Sith Training) #53: Is he just a repack? And why does he always look so pi**ed?

Chewbacca with Electronic C-3PO #54: This must be a repack.

Kit Fisto #55: Ditto

Commander Cody (Holographic) #56: Why so blue?

Clone Trooper (442nd Siege Battalion) #57: This one is cool.

Battle Droids #62: Ugh, not another Battle Droid?! A zebra no less.

R5-J2 #58: Droids are always good.

Clone Trooper (Fifth Fleet Security) #59: Looks like this guy got run over by one of those trucks that paints lines down the middle of the road...only it's blue paint. What the fu** is up with the random blue stripes? Somebody let their 2 year old come in and do the design on this one?

Clone Trooper Sergeant #60: Meh. Those Episode I and II types are lame.

Super Battle Droid #61: Is that supposed to be camoflauge? What, praytell, environment would someone hide in with that kind of paint job?

El Chuxter
09-11-2006, 10:58 AM
According to Hasbro, the Battle Droids and Super Battle Droids are supposed to be on Kashyyyk. I don't recall seeing such weird paint jobs in the movie, though.

dindae
09-11-2006, 11:03 AM
According to Hasbro, the Battle Droids and Super Battle Droids are supposed to be on Kashyyyk. I don't recall seeing such weird paint jobs in the movie, though.

That's because they are camoflauged. :p

Seriously though I don't remember these either. But I'm sure someone who has sat through every cell here can verify.