PDA

View Full Version : saga figures in cases

vectorx
09-03-2006, 04:29 AM
has anyone tried fitting the latest saga figures in the official hasbro protective cases?

they cant seem to fit as the corners keep getting bent...

vectorx
09-08-2006, 08:28 AM
no one? .

Darth Cruel
09-08-2006, 09:49 AM
I have a ten-pack of these cases that my buddy bought at Comic-Con. He gave them to me for other figures because he bought them for the Saga ones and is having the same problem. I fully intend to notify Hasbro about this as they tout the cases as being able to fit "99%" of all Star Wars 9"x6" carded figures. And if they are not able to fit the Saga line...they can be nowhere near able to fit 99% of all of the 9"x6" carded figures.

vectorx
09-09-2006, 02:14 AM
so its not just me then.
what is this hasbro, false advertising?...i have bought something useless basically :frus:

Turbowars
09-09-2006, 02:17 AM
Everything that Hasbro makes is useless.

Jango Speck
09-12-2006, 12:48 AM
has anyone tried fitting the latest saga figures in the official hasbro protective cases?

they cant seem to fit as the corners keep getting bent...

No problems whatsoever- all of my Saga 06 figures fit into these, they just require a bit of care when first putting them in.

vectorx
09-12-2006, 12:18 PM
No problems whatsoever- all of my Saga 06 figures fit into these, they just require a bit of care when first putting them in.

do you think you can give some pointers...i have been trying for ages.

Jango Speck
09-12-2006, 09:11 PM
Starting from the back, I lay the top end of the card face down- in the top rim of the case, and let the heavy bottom end sit in the bottom of the case. Then, I put the back cover on, pressing down on the bottom indentations first, then work my way to the top to align the closure, finally pinching the round portrusions at the top. Then I flip the shole thing over, letting the full weight of the card settle in, and I push in the sides so that the inner portrusions are clearly overlapping the cardback.

Good luck.

vectorx
09-13-2006, 02:18 AM
these things are useless...i followed your method but still no success :(

Jango Speck
09-13-2006, 02:24 AM
these things are useless...i followed your method but still no success :(

I think you need some patience, I don't believe there is any widespread complaining about these cases- so they must work just fine. Otherwise, they'd stop selling them because nobody would buy them. I honestly don't see how you could be bending the corners, just lay them on the ridge and carefully press the lid into the ridge (with some good pressure). I haven't ruined any, and all of my Saga 2006 figs are in these things.

Snowtrooper
09-15-2006, 12:24 PM
HI!!! Long time lurker...First time poster.

I think the problem has more to do with the Saga2 card rather than the case. On some of the cards, the bubble hangs down a little lower than on others. As a result, the bottom of the case will push the card up a little higher when you are closing it, bending the corners. I've only had this problem on a few of the Saga2 cards. Most of them seem to fit just fine. Hope this info helps.

dindae
09-15-2006, 01:28 PM
Welcome to the boards Snowtrooper.

vectorx
09-18-2006, 10:50 AM
HI!!! Long time lurker...First time poster.

I think the problem has more to do with the Saga2 card rather than the case. On some of the cards, the bubble hangs down a little lower than on others. As a result, the bottom of the case will push the card up a little higher when you are closing it, bending the corners. I've only had this problem on a few of the Saga2 cards. Most of them seem to fit just fine. Hope this info helps.

i see. so is there any way to fix the cards giving the problems?

Snowtrooper
09-18-2006, 12:20 PM
i see. so is there any way to fix the cards giving the problems?
There isn't anything you can do to fix that. I'd suggest if you find a figure you're sure you want to put in a case, check to make sure that the bubble isn't too low on the card. From what I've seen, most of the cards don't have this problem. But you occaisionally find one that the bubble is low, or is even glued on crooked.