PDA

View Full Version : OT DVD's found

Slicker
09-04-2006, 04:30 PM
Forumite Melkor from Actionfigs.com (http://www.actionfigs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=425) found all 3 of the DVD's at Wally World. I guess keep an eye open for a Wally with stupid employees.

2-1B
09-04-2006, 04:36 PM
Fines for breaking street dates are awesome, every store should have them.

Kidhuman
09-04-2006, 05:44 PM
Well Damn&&&

UKWildcat
09-04-2006, 08:38 PM
Thats awesome! I'm still not sure if I'm going to pick them up or not. :neutral: What about you guys?

Jayspawn
09-04-2006, 08:52 PM
I'm going to purcase them. But this is one of the last times I'm buying the Original Trilogy on DVD. The only way I'll buy them again is if I get Deleted Scenes*

*All of them!

Kidhuman
09-04-2006, 09:09 PM
I have booties of the OT in original format, but I will buy these. I would like an official copy. I aint buying the 3 packs though, they bite&

Slicker
09-05-2006, 01:57 PM
I'm the same as KH. Rocketboy gave me a copy of the OOT DVD's for Christmas but I'll probably buy these just to have 'em.

Kidhuman
09-05-2006, 03:59 PM
I just preordered mine from WM.com, total came to 59.19 after shipping and tax.

JimJamBonds
09-06-2006, 12:18 AM
If I'd see it beforehand I'd buy 'em in a heartbeat!

bobafrett
09-06-2006, 10:15 PM
Depends on how much money I have, and the size of my.......pocketbook.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-07-2006, 04:00 PM
Depends on how much money I have, and the size of my.......pocketbook.
And the award for the best, vaguely sexual Dexter Jettster misquote goes to Bobafrett! :D

I doubt I'll see the DVDs before Tuesday. I still don't know where I'm gonna get them.

Mandalorian Candidat
09-08-2006, 09:07 AM
I was just over on the rs.com boards on a similar thread. They're complaining that these versions are lifted from the laserdiscs and that the sound is only 2.0 and not 5.1 and in a 4:3 anamorphic configuration...supposedly not a good DVD format. Anyone know anything about this?

2-1B
09-08-2006, 11:46 AM
Sounds about right, they didn't make the films anamorphic nor did they juice up the audio.

UKWildcat
09-09-2006, 10:29 AM
I'm still really disappointed with the non-anamorphic release but the titles do have a 5.1 track. I'm still not sure whether or not I'm going to pull the trigger on these but since Best Buy (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7970715&st=star+wars&lp=2&type=product&cp=1&id=1562088) dropped their price to $59.99 for the Tin, I may. It was $79.99 the other day. I'm going to give it some serious thought.

General_Grievous
09-09-2006, 10:36 AM
My local video store got them in for $23.99 each. No thank you. I'll wait until Tuesday and pick them up at Wal Mart for a reasonable price. (And a free comic book). But I'd say these things'll be gone by Christmas. Lucasfilm and Fox will underproduce these and send out more of the 2004 box sets. They did say it was for a limited time only...:shrug:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-09-2006, 01:08 PM
Sounds about right, they didn't make the films anamorphic nor did they juice up the audio.
Well, everyone wanted the "original" versions, and now they're complaining that these are TOO original. :rolleyes:

Now that the Best Buy set is only $60 I'll probably get the DVDs there.

DarkArtist
09-09-2006, 07:27 PM
Hey I just had a thought. Now we all know that back in 1994 -95 Lucas re-released the OT on VHS for the last time or so we thought. In the special editions both Lucas and McCullem said that the DVD's / special editions had to be made or the originals would never be able to be shown again. My thought was how do we know that the so called originals are really the versions from 77, 80, and 83 ? perhaps this are the originals from 1995 when certain lines of dialogue was changed and effects were altered. ????

Still against buying these however, and still believe that the special edition DVD's are the best versions.

General_Grievous
09-09-2006, 07:42 PM
perhaps this are the originals from 1995 when certain lines of dialogue was changed and effects were altered?
The only shred of proof that these are the pre-1995 edits is that the subtitle "Episode IV-A New Hope" has been removed from Star Wars. Every version of the movie since 1981 has had that subtitle.

El Chuxter
09-09-2006, 08:08 PM
If you don't recognize Aunt Beru's voice, chances are its the original original. Her voice was changed when the flick was re-released in the late 70s, and I doubt any of us would even recognize the original.

General_Grievous
09-10-2006, 12:48 PM
I just bought ONLY ANH from the above store I mentioned. I'll hold off on ESB and ROTJ until Tuesday. Impatience got the best of me. But anyway, I popped in the second disc of the DVD (the disc that has the original version). The widescreen was just like any other widescreen DVD I own. I don't understand the whole anamorphic thing. The sound is NOT Dolby 5.1. It is only 2.0. Which sucks, because the sound quality is a bit lower, but it's forgivable. Also, as stated before, the "Episode IV" subtitle is gone from the opening crawl. Aunt Beru's accent is still the American one we're all familiar with. This must have been the first redubbed version after its first release. Everything you'd remember from the original film is there, from the different establishing shot of Obi-Wan's hut to Han shooting first. And Obi-Wan's original krayt dragon call to scare off the tuskens (something they should never have changed for the '04 version) is back also. But a lot of the special effects look dated, as opposed to the newer ones in the special edition. I finally see why they went through with it. A lot of the Death Star shots and the shot of Alderaan blowing up look kind of cheesy now. You can see why they updated some of those effects. All in all, it's good to have the original movies on DVD. I can't wait to pick up ESB and ROTJ on Tuesday. I've especially missed "Lapti Nek".

2-1B
09-10-2006, 07:01 PM
Double G, are you watching it on a widescreen TV? If not, then you won't notice the lack of anamorphic...

General_Grievous
09-10-2006, 07:15 PM
Double G, are you watching it on a widescreen TV? If not, then you won't notice the lack of anamorphic...

I've been watching it on a regular TV, so that explains that.

JediTricks
09-11-2006, 04:17 PM
Sounds about right, they didn't make the films anamorphic nor did they juice up the audio.Well, everyone wanted the "original" versions, and now they're complaining that these are TOO original. :rolleyes:That's a total misrepresentation of the situation, Anamorphic transfer isn't an alteration of the original, it's merely capturing more actual image data onto the disc for a better picture (and larger on widescreen TVs); and 5.1 Dolby is simply a cleaner compression method for recording the audio track(s) - none of that would have made them any less "original", it just would have been a higher quality and more accurate home theater experience instead of this cheap 13-year-old bullcrap Laserdisc transfer.

I've been watching it on a regular TV, so that explains that.
If you zoom in on a regular TV on a non-anamorphic, you'll notice you can zoom into the black bars (anamorphic doesn't do that) and that the overall image quality is poorer because a percentage of each frame's allocated data space has to be dedicated to black bar data.

JEDIpartner
09-12-2006, 02:28 PM
I'm not buying these. The picture looks like crap and the effects are dodgy. Despite all the tinkering, I have no real issue with the new versions beyond the character assassination that is "Greedo shoots first"! I'm not paying $45 for shoddy pieces of sentiment. No way.

bobafrett
09-12-2006, 02:44 PM
I don't know, I bought them. I think it's just me trying to recapture my youth, seeing the films as I did when I was the tender ages of 12, 15 and 18!

Kidhuman
09-12-2006, 02:45 PM
I got em, but dont know why as they are the same as my booties&

2-1B
09-12-2006, 06:38 PM
I was going to get these but now I just can't pull the trigger and kick over the money again just to get the OGOT...if I want to watch the theatrical cuts that badly, I'll rent them overy few years.

UKWildcat
09-12-2006, 08:05 PM
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Best Buy Tin. I haven't opened it yet, but it looks pretty sweet. :rolleyes: ;)

Darth Jax
09-12-2006, 09:38 PM
i picked up the BB tin. and in 5 years when they rehash the saga once again i'm sure i'll pick up those as well. these dvds can go next to my SE ones and the bootleg SE & OT copies. and maybe next to the VHS versions as well.

mrhat
09-12-2006, 09:44 PM
The Best Buy Tin is nifty, I suppose, the fit more disks in 2/3 of the space of the 2004 DVD's. Well Now that I have 2 versions of the 2004 edit (Damn Hayden Christensen in ROTJ, WTF?!?!?!) I Can finally give my "I dont have money to buy movies blah blah" friend something to watch, but that bonus disk is totally mine still, heh heh heh. Now when they come out with a version that is the original but maybe those f'n sweet cut scenes from you tube, then I will be happy as a clam, clean up the effects all you want, we got what we wanted (mostly anyway) though it comes from a format that I never got a chance to use (I was 9 when the OT was on Laserdisk) I wish the OOT wasnt made as a bonus feature, but hey. Gotta gather my monies next check to pick up Lego Star Wars 2.

bigbarada
09-12-2006, 10:49 PM
This is a tough choice for me, I don't own any copy of the movies on DVD, but still $60 seems like a lot for movies that I have owned on VHS in some form or another since 1989 (when we first got the old CBS Fox versions).

I might just pick up Star Wars for now (no more "A New Hope!":thumbsup: ), then see how I feel about spending forty bucks on ESB and ROTJ. I actually think that 90% of the changes to ESB are great improvements to the movie and not enough was fixed for ROTJ.

Star Wars (or ANH) had some decent changes (the Death Star battle, the new shots of the Sandcrawler), but some unforgiveable changes also (just about everything else). So that is the one that I'm most interesting in seeing in it's original form.

Rocketboy
09-12-2006, 11:01 PM
After much flip-flopping, I ended up going for the Walmart Graphic Novel versions. I figured the GNs would get more mileage than the posters (which were pretty cool) or the carpy concept art. The tin was also nice, but if it's anything like Band of Brothers, it wouldn't fit on my shelf very well.

I still have the oversize ROTJ edition from '83/'84, which still gets read...from time to time. And I've never actaully read the ANH and ESB adaptions. I have a copy of Star Wars #3, but have only glanced through it and Cappy had a paperback novel-sized edition (B&W maybe?) of ESB I remember looking though years and years ago, IIRC.

El Chuxter
09-12-2006, 11:04 PM
I figured WM would charge for the "free" graphic novels. :mad:

As much as I hate Best Buy, I was in line to get the tin until I counted 25 people in front of me and only one incompetent cashier. With a wife and baby waiting in the car, I wasn't about to hang around. I figure I can swap out the discs from the 2004 edition and store them in the tin, and put these new ones in the slipcover for easier access.

JimJamBonds
09-12-2006, 11:30 PM
I figured WM would charge for the "free" graphic novels. :mad:

That they did, it was something like 5 bucks more.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-13-2006, 12:07 AM
I scoped out the Sunday newspaper ads and decided that the Target art posters or the Best Buy tin were my last choices. I liked the tin, but when I found out I'd have saved about ten bucks at Target, "I have-a the buyer's remorse." Eh. I have 'em now, and when I have time to watch them, I shall. But the $5 TRU gift card was another temptation, too. :rolleyes:

JediTricks
09-13-2006, 12:25 AM
I considered going to Circuit City, the DVDs are $15 there and a $5 savings off the advertised prices everywhere else, Target had 'em advertised for $20 but in store they were $17 with the included concept art postcards. But I am low on funds and decided to get LEGO Star Wars II at Target for $35 instead, I may pick up the DVDs by the end of the week at Circuit City but I'm still steamed about the non-anamorphic and Dolby 2.0.

bigbarada
09-13-2006, 12:32 AM
Well I only bought one of the movies like I said I would, except I picked up ESB instead.

I'm actualy very happy with the quality of the graphic novel that came with the Wal-Mart version. I figured it would be some crappy, newsprint, half-sized comic book, but it was actually the same paperstock and print quality that you would probably have to pay $15-$20 for if you were to buy it at a bookstore. So I'm VERRRRRY pleased with my purchase, and I might just go and pick up the other two graphic-novel versions here soon.

I'm actually more excited about the comic book itself than I am about the movie. I've been flipping through the pages for the last twenty minutes now and it's never even occurred to me (until this minute) to open up my DVD.

bigbarada
09-13-2006, 12:41 AM
One more comment, when I finally saw these on the Wal-Mart display shelf I was struck by how amazingly BAD the cover artwork is for these DVDs. The only one that's even halfway decent is the ESB cover and even that is ruined by the ANH Han Solo and Ep3 Vader.

Quite frankly, the ANH and ROTJ covers look like low-grade bootleg DVDs. Why didn't they just use the original poster artwork? :confused:

sith_killer_99
09-13-2006, 06:26 AM
This is a tough choice for me, I don't own any copy of the movies on DVD, but still $60 seems like a lot for movies that I have owned on VHS in some form or another since 1989 (when we first got the old CBS Fox versions).

I might just pick up Star Wars for now (no more "A New Hope!" ), then see how I feel about spending forty bucks on ESB and ROTJ. I actually think that 90% of the changes to ESB are great improvements to the movie and not enough was fixed for ROTJ.

Star Wars (or ANH) had some decent changes (the Death Star battle, the new shots of the Sandcrawler), but some unforgiveable changes also (just about everything else). So that is the one that I'm most interesting in seeing in it's original form.

BigB, that's the great part about the new release, these are 2 disc sets, each DVD has the newest latest greatest additions (Hayden Spirit in ROTJ and all) and a "bonus disc" with the original theatrical release.

So if you never bought SW when it came out on DVD the first time around you can own both versions!!!

I guess what I'm trying to say is....for God sake drag yourself into the new millenium and get the DVDs! Besides these look soooooooo much better than the old VHS versions.

BTW, GL did clean up the bonus discs. So the "Theatrical" versions DVDs look much nicer that the old VHS versions.

Kidhuman
09-13-2006, 06:26 AM
That they did, it was something like 5 bucks more.

Actually they arent charghing more, they didnt put those on sale as they did with the regular versions which are normally 19.96(same as the novel one) a crap move, but they arent really charging.&

Darth Jax
09-13-2006, 07:20 AM
Actually they arent charghing more, they didnt put those on sale as they did with the regular versions which are normally 19.96(same as the novel one) a crap move, but they arent really charging.&

you can justify it however you want. but if i pay $16 for just the movie or $20 for the movie & graphic novel, i've had to pay extra for the "free" exclusive pack-in.

Mandalorian Candidat
09-13-2006, 08:25 AM
I debated this myself for awhile but ended up getting the comix at WM. They were $3 more than the DVDs alone in my local store so I figured why not. I like the idea of the tin from BB but I had the original SW comic series when I was a kid in the 70s (SW first came out in three separate issues) and never got the ones for ESB and ROTJ. On a side note, I was surprised that the WM I went to had so many figure sets left at 8 pm. I guess most people are finally getting sick of the rehashes.

Rocketboy
09-13-2006, 09:26 AM
One more comment, when I finally saw these on the Wal-Mart display shelf I was struck by how amazingly BAD the cover artwork is for these DVDs. The only one that's even halfway decent is the ESB cover and even that is ruined by the ANH Han Solo and Ep3 Vader.

Quite frankly, the ANH and ROTJ covers look like low-grade bootleg DVDs. Why didn't they just use the original poster artwork? :confused:Yeah, I wasn't impressed with the cover art either. Why remake the awesome original posters with live images (which looks like bad amateur Photoshopping - kind of like the stuff I do :) ) and then show how bad that new image looks by putting the original image right there on the back?

They should have put one poster style on the front and another style on the back.

Droid
09-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Did anyone else have the annoying problem of taking the security stickers off and it leaving a lot of stickiness that won't come off?

pbarnard
09-13-2006, 03:12 PM
Did anyone else have the annoying problem of taking the security stickers off and it leaving a lot of stickiness that won't come off?

Apply some rubbing alcohol to a q-tip or paper towel and it should go away.

But yeah, the security sticker was on the outside of my Best Buy tin and I was more worried about scratching the paint job/tin while trying to remove it than anything.

Droid
09-13-2006, 04:05 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a try. :classic:

(Cut to a half hour later and me having Q-Tip cotton permanently stuck to the stickiness that won't come off my DVD package.)

Kidhuman
09-13-2006, 04:12 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a try. :classic:

(Cut to a half hour later and me having Q-Tip cotton permanently stuck to the stickiness that won't come off my DVD package.)

If that happens, post a pic so we all can enjoy in it.&

pbarnard
09-13-2006, 04:13 PM
If that happens, post a pic so we all can enjoy in it.&

How, he'd be stuck to his tin? Have some one else do it for him! :twisted:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-13-2006, 05:28 PM
I got the set at Best Buy yesterday afternoon, and the tin looks really nice on the front and back, but the sides are kind of wonky-looking. I haven't watched the films at all (and I've only seen the originals once, on VHS) but I looked at the menus on the bonus discs. They're pretty cool, but they're not nearly as awesome as all the menus from SW DVDs in the past. The only animation is when the main menu loads for the first time, and I wish there had been more.

Oh well, I didn't buy them for the menus.

2-1B
09-13-2006, 06:52 PM
Goo Gone and a napkin will take that stickiness right off.

LusiferSam
09-14-2006, 12:16 AM
Well I picked mine this afternoon. I'm truly dumb founded that SW is the true 1977 release and not the 1981 re-release. I'll have to sit down this weekend and watch them.

Mandalorian Candidat
09-14-2006, 08:33 AM
I opened up my WM ANH...er, Star Wars...DVD last night and thought it was pretty good. After all the gloom and doom bandied about on fansites I thought it was going to blow hard. I only watched the first half but everything I saw looked and sounded really good. The negative definitely was cleaned up and I didn't notice anything crummy about the transfer except for the part where the DS closes in on Alderaan. There were a few specks/grains that showed up but it wasn't a big deal. Also, you can see the red smudge under the landspeeder when it's flying around Mos Eisley and some gray patches around some of the ships during the space scenes where they were rotoscoped in.

I did notice one thing that I hadn't seen before. Just when Luke & Co. pull up to the Sandtroopers in ME and Ben pulls the whole Jedi mind trick, there are two astromech droids that scoot right in front of the camera, one green and white the other yellow. I don't remember seeing them before and they were really obvious this time because they take up like half the screen in this shot. I recall that in the commentaries, the Lucasfilm people mention putting characters or items right infront of a shot in postproduction to hide continuity problems or other goofups. I was wondering if these two astromechs were put there to hide something, like the undercarriage of the landspeeder, because their placing was so blatant and didn't seem to match the rest of the shot. Anyone else notice this?

JimJamBonds
09-14-2006, 08:35 AM
Anybody else notice the scene selections is diffrent on ANH but not the other two films?

General_Grievous
09-14-2006, 06:30 PM
Anybody else notice the scene selections is diffrent on ANH but not the other two films?

Because of the Jabba scene. Just finished ROTJ. The picture and sound are pretty good on this one. The negatives must've been well-preserved since 1983.

2-1B
09-14-2006, 06:50 PM
ManCan, I believe those droids were replaced in the SE with that set of gams of the Ronto lumbering by ? :confused:

Mad Slanted Powers
09-14-2006, 07:19 PM
ManCan, I believe those droids were replaced in the SE with that set of gams of the Ronto lumbering by ? :confused:
I know at least the yellow/orange R5 looking unit is in the new versions.

I got mine at Target for $16.99 each. What exactly are the comics that come with the Wal-Mart ones? Is there anything extra in the Best Buy tin other than having a nice looking tin? I didn't like the box from the previous DVD editions, so I don't mind having them loose. Now they can all line up together on the shelf.

El Chuxter
09-14-2006, 11:42 PM
They're definitely the originals. Check out this scene (http://www.starwars.com/episode-vi/release/video/f20060908/20060908_picview/pictureviewer.html?imgNum=15&world=episode-vi) that was cut. I've never seen Oola's infamous "slip-up" until a few minutes ago. Nothing to write home about, but definitely there.

The sound is a bit flat, and the picture quality isn't nearly as sharp as the 2004 versions. There are a couple of places where the image is a bit wobbly, or transitions are a bit abrupt. But still, I don't see the big deal about these not being remastered anamorphic Dolby yadda yadda. George wants to give you a reason to watch the new versions instead, if nothing else.

bobafrett
09-15-2006, 01:06 PM
They're definitely the originals. Check out this scene (http://www.starwars.com/episode-vi/release/video/f20060908/20060908_picview/pictureviewer.html?imgNum=15&world=episode-vi) that was cut. I've never seen Oola's infamous "slip-up" until a few minutes ago. Nothing to write home about, but definitely there.

The sound is a bit flat, and the picture quality isn't nearly as sharp as the 2004 versions. There are a couple of places where the image is a bit wobbly, or transitions are a bit abrupt. But still, I don't see the big deal about these not being remastered anamorphic Dolby yadda yadda. George wants to give you a reason to watch the new versions instead, if nothing else.

Are you talking about Oola's breast popping out? I saw this on one of the versions of the film, not the one I just picked up, but then I haven't had the chance to watch it yet.

El Chuxter
09-15-2006, 01:42 PM
Well, yeah. I just didn't want to send a new generation of adolescent SW geeks to their DVD players to go through it frame-by-frame. ("Mr Lucas, I can't explain it, but the re-released Return of the Jedi DVD is now outselling the other two movies by a margin of ten-to-one among 12-16 year old males.")

It's pretty funny that the official site says they cut the shot, but makes no mention of why.

JediTricks
09-15-2006, 02:58 PM
Actually, the SE version has her breast fall out twice, so it doesn't seem to be the reason they changed the scene.

El Chuxter
09-15-2006, 03:07 PM
Actually, the SE version has her breast fall out twice, so it doesn't seem to be the reason they changed the scene.

I swear I'm not being a pervert, but was that corrected for the 2004 DVD editions?

JediTricks
09-15-2006, 03:11 PM
Not to my knowledge.

El Chuxter
09-15-2006, 03:26 PM
So it's possible that they shot new scenes in 1996 with Femi Taylor, using the excuse that they wanted to show her in the rancor pit, to cover up the nip slip they were then aware of. Inadvertently, they wound up putting in two more instead (which, again, are missed until the film is released). Several years pass, and the movies are again altered for the DVDs. This time, either Femi Taylor cannot be used for pick-up shots for whatever reason, or they figure the same thing has happened twice, and there's no point in redoing it and risking the same thing happening a third time.

Rocketboy
09-15-2006, 03:55 PM
I got mine at Target for $16.99 each. What exactly are the comics that come with the Wal-Mart ones? Is there anything extra in the Best Buy tin other than having a nice looking tin? IThe WM comics are reprints of the classic Marvel adaptions - great nostalgia pieces.
As far as I know, the Best Buy tin is just than, a cool tin to store 'em in.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-15-2006, 05:30 PM
As a 12-16 year-old male, Chux, I can confirm that there are indeed two breast shots in both the 97 and 04 versions.

2-1B
09-15-2006, 05:54 PM
They should have just replaced Femi Taylor with Janet Jackson.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-15-2006, 08:59 PM
Is there anything extra in the Best Buy tin other than having a nice looking tin? I didn't like the box from the previous DVD editions, so I don't mind having them loose. Now they can all line up together on the shelf.

As far as I know, the Best Buy tin is just than, a cool tin to store 'em in.Yep. It's a tin with 3 DVDs in it. The tin is cool, for a keep-'em-all-together set, but I wonder if I'd have preferred to save money and get them loose.

El Chuxter
09-15-2006, 11:51 PM
I plan to put the three movie DVDs from the 2004 set in the tin, and the new DVDs in the slipcover from 2004. They won't match, put I'll have both versions of all three movies and the bonus disc more easily accessible.

JediTricks
09-16-2006, 03:28 PM
So it's possible that they shot new scenes in 1996 with Femi Taylor, using the excuse that they wanted to show her in the rancor pit, to cover up the nip slip they were then aware of. Inadvertently, they wound up putting in two more instead (which, again, are missed until the film is released). Several years pass, and the movies are again altered for the DVDs. This time, either Femi Taylor cannot be used for pick-up shots for whatever reason, or they figure the same thing has happened twice, and there's no point in redoing it and risking the same thing happening a third time.
That's a lot of supposition, maybe it has absolutely nothing to do with nipples and was just changed for narrative content. This is George "ILM" Lucas, if he wanted he could have digitally erased the "offending" nipples far easier than tracking down the actress 14 years later and shooting new scenes. The whole thing is moot, a non-issue.

2-1B
09-16-2006, 11:03 PM
Plus after 14 years they would be focusing on nipple continuity if it was such a concern for them.

JEDIpartner
09-17-2006, 12:40 AM
Never noticed that.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-17-2006, 10:52 AM
... using the excuse that they wanted to show her in the rancor pit, to cover up the nip slip they were then aware of. Inadvertently, ...Only if the reason was religious or political in nature...

Plus after 14 years they would be focusing on nipple continuity if it was such a concern for them.That's a good one. It could go along with Qui-Gon's moving mustache. But, keep in mind, because of Kenner's error with naming 4-LOM and Zuckuss, we get the they-were-inseperable-bounty-hunters story over and over, and over... :infinity:

Rocketboy
09-21-2006, 11:24 PM
The first three theatrically released "Star Wars" films, issued last week by 20th Century Fox in double-disc packages that contain both the original theatrical cut and the spruced-up 2004 version of each film, debuted at No. 5 ("Star Wars"), No. 6 ("The Empire Strikes Back") and No. 7 ("Return of the Jedi").http://www.comingsoon.net/news/dvdnews.php?id=16603

I was initially surprised when I saw this, but I guess I really shouldn't have been, considering that they were just released less than 2 years ago and most of the non-die hard fans probably bought 'em then.
These original versions were pretty much for most of us, the die-hards.

JimJamBonds
09-22-2006, 08:34 AM
I was initially surprised when I saw this, but I guess I really shouldn't have been, considering that they were just released less than 2 years ago and most of the non-die hard fans probably bought 'em then. These original versions were pretty much for most of us, the die-hards.

Plus there was a 3 disker that came out last year as well.