PDA

View Full Version : Smallville Season 6 begins Sept. 28th

Pages : 1 [2] 3

JetsAndHeels
02-09-2007, 09:12 PM
The best part of last night's episode was the ending.

I am talking about the dialogue between Clark and Lex in the barn. Lex is so much better when he is showing his evil side towards Clark. That whole "when you used to matter" line was great. And you can see how Clark resents Lex just as much.

In my opinion this show needs more of Lex and Clark, more of the zoners, more of Clark embracing and moving closer to his destiny.

Enough of Lex and Lana already!!

figrin bran
02-09-2007, 10:46 PM
Tycho, i can see those spoilers without even having to highlight them

Tycho
02-10-2007, 12:33 AM
Tycho, i can see those spoilers without even having to highlight them

Either you're making a sarcastic comment about the show, or if you're sincere, your internet display functions might be different from most of the rest of ours.

If you're spoiler sensitive, and the latter is the case: I appologize.

If you mean you could see the plotline coming from a mile away, then Miles Milar and Al Gogh ought to appologize.

JediTricks
02-10-2007, 12:37 AM
Droid's right, this ep was a total mess, I really didn't like it! It was Lana-heavy but not even in a character-development way, just a trashy thriller manner. And everything everybody did was devoid of logic - Lana's in danger, let's drive to Metropolis where there's lots of empty dark spaces to be ambushed; Lana's in danger, let's put her in the abandoned hospital wing (and why Smallville Hospital would be so prosperous that they could afford to have an abandoned WING...?) and then have nobody around to guard her in the creepiest and easiest-to-enter place in the county, let's allow Lana who is known to be suspicious of Clark to stay in Clark's room even though the Kent house has several extra bedrooms including the one Lois used to stay in.

This ep had almost no Clark at all, a really lame Jimmy B-plot that felt like it was missing a bunch of connective story pieces, and then when it could possibly have ended on the right note at least - when Clark's just saved Lana and he rebuts her comment about always watching her by saying maybe for the same reason she's been watching him - that would have been a great way to end it and keep us waiting, but then we come back from commercial for 10 more minutes of the same Lex/Lana hypersoap bullcrap we're always stuck with.

All in all, another frustratingly Supes-free flat episode that was such a mess that it's barely even quantifiable as filler.

It was pretty easy to guess that Lex's security guard was the one stalking Lana (which by the way brings the number of times that Lex's security has been useless off the charts).No kidding! The second they called in Brady I thought it'd be him, then it turned out it was the guy standing behind him - Lex's team is THE most overpaid compared to their competence. :p

I think it is stupid that everyone acts like Clark has a big secret all the time and that Chloe basically admits it to Lana.Yup, hated that.

Chloe keeps files on Clark on her computer? Yup, hated that. But hey, at least they were password-protected. :rolleyes:

Lana is really slimy digging through Chloe and Clark's stuff. Yup, hated that. And she was really bad at it too, and all she found was a piece of jewelery which looked similar to her green meteor rock necklace from season 1 (granted, WE know it's the same thing but she could think it was a replica) and is hardly Clark's huge secret that it's not green anymore.

Are we really to believe that Lana would go hide out at the Kents under any circumstances? That was so stupid.Yup, hated that. No Jonathan, no Clark there, no way she'd go there. And yeah, it's real hard to imagine a woman who was quoted to say she still had Clark feelings going to his house - that was a real headscratcher. :p

I thought it was cool how they panned over to show Clark had caught Lana. Of course I think Superman would be fast enough to have caught both of them and put the first person he caught down in time to catch the second.Heh heh, yeah, he could have saved the bad guy but he's essentially selfish. :D He took an awful gamble catching her too, the glass could have killed her by then or she could have landed on glass in his arms - he could have rushed up to the roof and stopped her fall (which would have been more believable as to why he didn't save the villain) or jumped up to meet her (which would have blown his cover).

Clark threw somebody (that reporter) again. Someday he is going to kill someone. This time they seemed to touch ever so briefly on that.

But my biggest Smallville pet peeve happened twice this episode, people walk up and Clark doesn't know they are coming and acts surprised. Chloe just appears, "Oh hey Chloe." Lex shows up, I would assume DROVE to the Kents, and Clark is surprised by it? Where is the super hearing? Clark would hear the car, the footsteps, Lex's heartbeat.Apparently he has to turn it on for it to work, kinda cheap really.

And Lex left when Lana was in danger? That makes no sense.Yup, hated that. ;) Totally no sense at all, at the very least why not take her with him?

I keep waiting for her to fall down the stairs and miscarry (and that really isn't medically possible under most circumstances).That can't happen, in the Smallville universe falls down entire flights of stairs end in only slight abrasions to the forehead, as well as temporary unconsciousness and/or amnesia followed by a visit to Smallville Hospital. :p Even though stair-fall-leading-to-miscarriage is a classic soap opera trick, this show uses newer teen-soap tricks which are sloppier.

TYCHO - your spoiler-text is never invisible in firefox anymore, I keep having to fix it. You need to put the color in quotes, like so:

text goes here and it'll look like this for everybody: === text goes here ===
(and I do care about spoilers for shows like this, while Transformers looks like such a pile of crap that I couldn't care less what the spoilers say there)

As for your spoiler, in the last ep we were told she had the baby and in this ep we're told the baby's fine, so your theory makes no sense.

The best part of last night's episode was the ending.

I am talking about the dialogue between Clark and Lex in the barn. Lex is so much better when he is showing his evil side towards Clark. That whole "when you used to matter" line was great. And you can see how Clark resents Lex just as much.I dunno, that stuff always feels too soap opera-y for me, it lacks nuance now and is just a cliche to me, and it always comes tacked onto the last 7 minutes of the episode this season, you could set your watch by it.

figrin bran
02-10-2007, 01:00 AM
Either you're making a sarcastic comment about the show, or if you're sincere, your internet display functions might be different from most of the rest of ours.

If you're spoiler sensitive, and the latter is the case: I appologize.

If you mean you could see the plotline coming from a mile away, then Miles Milar and Al Gogh ought to appologize.

neither is the case Tycho.

i meant it literally. the spoilers you posted were not invisible at all. i use firefox as well and so JT probably isolated the cause of the troubles. i don't really care either way since i peruse the spoilers over at kryptonsite from time to time but i just thought since you're making it invisible, make sure it's not false invisible.

maybe they're all a bunch of claire bennets and just heal really quickly out in smallvilleland.

Droid
02-10-2007, 11:24 AM
Maybe Clark has to "turn on" his super hearing (which is stupid), but I still would hope he'd notice Lex drive up.

Also, it seems to me Lana is getting thinner as the pregnancy progresses. Couldn't they at least pad her a bit?

Tycho
02-10-2007, 11:29 AM
I was a huge Kristin Kruek fan - my instant attraction to her led me to first watch the show not even knowing what it was about.

But perhaps because she has gotten older (she's about 24-25 now), she has not looked that great this season. It might be intentional on the part of the makeup department, but I'm not inclined to think so.

JediTricks
02-10-2007, 04:33 PM
maybe they're all a bunch of claire bennets and just heal really quickly out in smallvilleland.Awesome! Chloe, Lana, Lois, Lex - they're all self-healers, that'd explain it all... except why they bother going to the hospital at all. ;) Oh wait, I forgot, someone always takes them so they can have words with Clark Kent - whenever you need to talk to Clark, just hit yourself on the head and call an ambulance, he'll be waiting for you at Smallville General.

Maybe Clark has to "turn on" his super hearing (which is stupid), but I still would hope he'd notice Lex drive up.He'd go deaf quickly if it was set to max, but yeah, it's not like Lex is particularly stealthy.

Also, it seems to me Lana is getting thinner as the pregnancy progresses. Couldn't they at least pad her a bit?I've been wondering about that myself.

I was a huge Kristin Kruek fan - my instant attraction to her led me to first watch the show not even knowing what it was about. But perhaps because she has gotten older (she's about 24-25 now), she has not looked that great this season. It might be intentional on the part of the makeup department, but I'm not inclined to think so.How could you be a fan of a girl whose first national exposure is the very show you're talking about?

Anyway, I have noticed she's gotten a little haggard, maybe it's the makeup department trying to fight her natural aging.

figrin bran
02-16-2007, 12:02 AM
you may be putting someone who saves lives on a daily basis at risk

so where has this version of Lana been all my life? that was perhaps the best line she will ever utter on this show

"Clark, i need you to x-ray me!" was possibly the funniest line i've heard on this show.

even though it was just a joke, how could chloe not be a meteor freak when she gets tossed onto the hood of car and doesn't so much as suffer a scratch. she gets surgery via heat vision and doesn't even bleed? nathan petrelli really must've gotten around i guess :p

Tycho
02-16-2007, 12:07 AM
Tonight was an excellent episode!

JetsAndHeels
02-16-2007, 12:08 AM
I thought this episode was very good. Even though it involved the same old meteor freak angle it took a different approach. I am very interested to see what happens with Chloe now....I just hate that Lex is overseeing all this. I know he always has been but the guy is just such a weasel and all I hate to think what may happen to Chloe.

Anyway, looks like we have a month's worth of reruns in our future. The good news is the Justice episode re-airs next week.

figrin bran
02-16-2007, 01:04 AM
i liked tonight's ep as well. perhaps the 2nd best this season behind Justice, which i downloaded weeks ago and so i can do something else next week.

lana's "even if you were infected, you'd still be the same clark kent" was pretty interesting...it gives hope that when, and right now it seems to be a matter of when and not if, she finds out about clark, she won't betray his secret. it also seems to imply that lana is waiting for clark to tell her on his terms. from what we've seen of her, we know that she always waits for you to trust her and then when you do, she returns your trust tenfold, even when you're the biggest jerk on the planet.

Tycho
02-16-2007, 01:11 AM
I've been involved in threads on MySpace etc. where Chloe turns out to be the real Lois Lane.

I'll use the actresses names:

Erica dies.

Allison takes her cousin's name because perhaps someone is trying to kill Chloe, but she won't have to give up journalism if people think she is Lois Lane.

There's the issue of how she might forget that Clark is Superman though. In an interview, Gogh and Milar said they were restricted from getting Clark and Lois together on the show because that is to be saved for the Brandon Routhe movies.

figrin bran
02-16-2007, 11:42 AM
i forgot to add that Rosenbaum did a pretty good job of directing last night's episode

JetsAndHeels
02-16-2007, 11:46 PM
Michael Rosenbaum announced that after next season he would be leaving the cast of Smallville.

Kristin Kreuk also hinted at the same for herself.

Tycho
02-17-2007, 12:22 AM
That would be the show's 7th season.

What shows have gone on more than 7 seasons? In Star Trek, 7 has been the usual number for 3 of its 5 series, the other 2 being cancelled.

It totally has to do with how many episodes the studio can sell for syndication.

Standard series contracts are for 5 years (what was initially planned for Smallville anyway according to what I witnessed Gogh and Milar say in person at a Comic Con event).

Then successful shows can sign their cast for 1 or 2 more seasons, as has been the case for the VERY popular Smallville.

I don't see them doing an 8th season myself - and how? With Clark, Chloe, Martha, Lionnel, and Lois?

I'm sorry. It's often Lex that drives the storylines if they are not infused with meteor freaks.

If the show is rebooted into Metropolis, maybe Tom and Erica would have something to do on a new series, but it's hard to imagine the show without making the leap to Superman in the first place (something they won't do with Brandon Routhe making movies) and without it including Lex.

JediTricks
02-17-2007, 07:36 AM
I found this a pretty good episode despite the last 5 minutes or so being way too Lexana-heavy. I still feel like Lana should be seeing the inaccuracies in Lex's BS since her relationship claims to be predicated on his honesty with her "you're the only one who's never lied to me Lex". Lots of Clark powers stuff which is good. The ep was directed by Michael "Lex" Rosenbaum, his directing debut, and I think it's a good start.

you may be putting someone who saves lives on a daily basis at risk

so where has this version of Lana been all my life? that was perhaps the best line she will ever utter on this showI've been wondering where that character was throughout the last 2 seasons, it's like night and day with this b**ch!

even though it was just a joke, how could chloe not be a meteor freak when she gets tossed onto the hood of car and doesn't so much as suffer a scratch. she gets surgery via heat vision and doesn't even bleed? nathan petrelli really must've gotten around i guess :pBecause every character on the show survives the same beatings over and over. It was a great twist to make her a meteor freak, but I think either she should have already known, or it should have been made somewhat more obvious - I'm guessing she's a super-hacker thanks to Kryptonite.

Crap, one thing I just thought of, she said she has been around more Kryptonite than anybody else in town, maybe she's not a meteor freak, maybe the kid's just seeing the residual K-energy and it hasn't altered her.

Anyway, looks like we have a month's worth of reruns in our future. The good news is the Justice episode re-airs next week.HOW LAME! The stupid wedding is set for Feb 23rd I believe, according to the invitation, I figured they'd have a big wedding episode for sweeps, but instead they're going on break. STUPID!!!

lana's "even if you were infected, you'd still be the same clark kent" was pretty interesting...it gives hope that when, and right now it seems to be a matter of when and not if, she finds out about clark, she won't betray his secret. it also seems to imply that lana is waiting for clark to tell her on his terms. from what we've seen of her, we know that she always waits for you to trust her and then when you do, she returns your trust tenfold, even when you're the biggest jerk on the planet.I found this a little inconsistent for Lana, she's been far more anti-Meteor-Freak in the past, and the main reason she was hanging with Lex at all originally was because of her "no aliens" viewpoints. Still, it's nice to see them finally getting towards a resolution here, it's been a long time coming.

I've been involved in threads on MySpace etc. where Chloe turns out to be the real Lois Lane.

I'll use the actresses names:

Erica dies.

Allison takes her cousin's name because perhaps someone is trying to kill Chloe, but she won't have to give up journalism if people think she is Lois Lane.I threw that concept out there like the first month this show was on the air! It's not going to happen now I bet though, Chloe is too much in Clark's life to switch names that heavily, plus it'd undermine the Clark/Lois relationship even worse than Smallville has so far.

Michael Rosenbaum announced that after next season he would be leaving the cast of Smallville.

Kristin Kreuk also hinted at the same for herself.I thought this was the last season anyway.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-17-2007, 02:35 PM
Fantastic episode! I liked how Chloe is finally getting more screentime and it only makes sense that she has some meteor infection going on with all her exposure to kryptonite. I just hope she doesn't get knocked off; that would irk me beyond belief. I do like your idea JT that the kryptonite has given her some sort of wacky mad hacking skills. But I did like how Clark just pimp smacked that bullet out of the way and the scene with Clark taking care of Chloe's GPS was great!! Only seven episodes left this season. I'm still hoping for a huge melee fight between the JLA and some sort of Lex monsters. I did giggle at the limo that had the license of "Q2." I was hoping they'd not mention who it belonged to just as a silent allusion, but then Clark had to yap about it. :p

A seventh season was confirmed by WB a few weeks ago and it's kinda obvious that'll be the last one. Looking forward to the show going out in stylet and i have faith the Mile and Alfred will do it properly. I'll DEFINATELY have to DVR "Justice" next week and keep it on there. I love that episode. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Droid
02-17-2007, 03:06 PM
I am glad next season will be the last. I thought it should have been this season, but at this point I don't think they have enough wrap up time.

I thought tonight's episode was really good. The scene with Clark getting out the GPS was great. (so was it going to explode? Clark said it was just a GPS. I kept waiting for hitmen to show up or something. What was the threat?)

Chloe strapped to the table was creepy.

I would bet that Lana AND Chloe have met some friendly meteor freaks (the one who could see how everyone died or the little boy that aged fast and blew up come to mind). I thought they were all a bit black and white on that.

This whole Lana figuring it out and being accepting thing would be neat save for one point - she already found out. She was accepting. Then when Lex thought he was losing her it got Lana killed. So Clark didn't tell her in the new history and Jonathon died instead. We already know how Lana reacts. The question is - could she live if Clark told her? Jonthon already died to even the balance of the universe or whatever garbage Jor-El said. So maybe she wouldn't have to die. To repeat I hated the way Jonathon died and hated the whole alternate destinies thing. I will say they sidestep the fact that if Lana finds out she should find out that her parents died because Clark came to Earth.

Chloe as meteor infected. Not crazy about it, but I do think that it will be interesting to see if this is how Chloe ultimately dies or otherwise leaves Clark's life. She can't be around as there is no Chloe Sullivan in Superman.(There is a Cat Grant. Maybe they should have had her be Cat Grant.) Maybe Pete will come back, restate his love for her and take her away. But I've always thought she'll die. Particularly now that she is with Jimmy and Jimmy doesn't have a significant other named Chloe Sullivan.

No Martha, Lionel, or Lois.

Would have been interesting if Tobias would have seen something in Lana's stomach, not that Lana was infected, but there was something he couldn't put his finger on...

So Chloe and Lana go bowling? What happened to the press chasing Lana wherever she goes?

I don't remember Chloe and Lana ever bowling together. And if they did it all the time they were both pretty bad at it.

They took Chloe's DNA. If she does die they can just grow a new one.

Qui-Long Gone
02-17-2007, 11:27 PM
I love this series and always hoped they'd transition it to something like Smallville: the Metropolis Years.....Clark has to leave Kanasas sometime soon or he'll be the oldest Superman to save the planet....they've already something good going with the young Justice League....why stop now?

And Lex does drive the plots, but there's more evil fish in the sea for Clark to battle....loosing Lex won't ruin the show but it will change the dynamic....

JetsAndHeels
02-17-2007, 11:35 PM
Britney Spears will assume the role of Lex...she's already looking the part.

Qui-Long Gone
02-17-2007, 11:37 PM
She'd be able to rally alot of skanky villians to her cause....like Lindsey Lohan as Brainiac and Paris Hilton as the Joker.....

JetsAndHeels
02-17-2007, 11:41 PM
A little bit of news concerning upcoming new episodes:

WWE stars Kane and Ashley will be appearing in the episode "Combat", which will air in late March.

Also Linda Carter (of Wonder Woman fame) will star as Chloe's mother in another late March episode.

Tycho
02-17-2007, 11:50 PM

...stars Mary-Kate and Ashley will be appearing in the episode "Combat", which will air in late March.

Are the girls going to wrestle? :D

Also Linda Carter (of Wonder Woman fame) will star as Chloe's mother in another late March episode.

Will they be dyeing her hair blonde, or is it gray now and she'll work as she is?

You know, she will fit prefectly into the role of a crazy if she runs out of a mental institution wearing a leotard and carrying a yellow ball of yarn that she thinks is a golden whip! Her trying to board an invisible airplane will put it over the top!

JetsAndHeels
02-17-2007, 11:54 PM
Are the girls going to wrestle? :D

Haha, you wish. I do know that Lois gets involved and has a fight scene.

Will they be dyeing her hair blonde, or is it gray now and she'll work as she is?

That is a good question, but there aren't any details or pictures on that yet.

Tycho
02-18-2007, 12:02 AM
You know how they've included so many famous cast members as new characters on Smallville (Christopher Reeve, Margot Kidder, Annette O'Toole as a regular)?

I read or saw a video interview that Milar and Gogh looked into getting Gene Hackman (original Lex Luthor of the movies) but just his one-day-rate was astronomical and the show could not afford it.

Thus if Hackman ever wanted to guest star "for charity" or something, they'd write a role for him.

They did have a plan to use him as Lillian Luthor's father (Lex's grandpa on his mother's side). That might've been fun. I wonder what he would have been like because Lillian was good. Lionnel is / was bad. It's the angel / devil on Lex's shoulders thing.

JetsAndHeels
02-18-2007, 12:17 AM
You know if they hadn't brought people on like Tori Spelling and Tom Wopat and that guy from the OC they might have had more funds to do something like that.

Of course I am sure that getting them was 100 times easier than someone like Hackman. I just figured with the extra cash they had to shell out for these actors they might could have used it for someone else.

I'm not complaining though, I think things have worked out pretty well. Seeing Chris Reeve on the show was a real treat.

Tycho
02-18-2007, 12:51 AM
Tom Wopat was actually a lot of fun to have on the show. I used to be a Dukes of Hazzard fan. The only thing the episode was missing was a patrol car ending up in Crater Lake ;)

Tori Spelling I could've lived without. She looks like a frog-woman, doesn't she? Ugggh. I shudder. She's only where she is in life because of who her father is. I think back in the day, he created M.A.S.H. before 90210 or Melrose or any of his other shows I never watched.

Now Christopher Reeve and Margot Kidder were "necessary" for the show, in their own way.

I seriously doubt their "day rate" which is probably in the top "100's or mid-1000's" is nothing next to Gene Hackman who might be $10,000 a day or something. When looked at it that way, the only way they could save the money up to have him on the show would be to make a season with half as many shows. That really wouldn't be worth it if you asked me.

Now if it was Christian Bale and they were going to have an episode with "the real Batman," that would be so much more ground-breaking than Lillian Luthor's father.

I'd almost take a 13 episode season or something to have a Justice League episode with the "official Batman" on the show in some major way. And while they're reaching into the deep pockets, make it a 2-part episode that features Bale prominently in BOTH episodes.

That would be the way to do it.

scruffziller
02-18-2007, 08:16 AM
Lana's "even if you were infected, you'd still be the same clark kent" was pretty interesting...it gives hope that when, and right now it seems to be a matter of when and not if, she finds out about clark, she won't betray his secret. it also seems to imply that lana is waiting for clark to tell her on his terms. from what we've seen of her, we know that she always waits for you to trust her and then when you do, she returns your trust tenfold, even when you're the biggest jerk on the planet.

I think what is going on in Lana is that she is forgiving Clark for everything because she now understands why he was holding back in their relationship.

Droid
02-18-2007, 10:25 AM
Aaron Spelling didn't create M*A*S*H. Fantasy Island. Charlie's Angels. Dynasty. Love Boat. Mod Squad. Beverly Hills 90210. Melrose Place. 7th Heaven. Not M*A*S*H.

I've wished they'd have Hackman too. They should get Jimmy Olsen from the movies. Ursa. Non. Jackie Cooper. Miss Teschmacher. Otis (he was a regular on Roseanne after all.)

Tycho
02-18-2007, 10:27 AM
Then the one thing I can forgive Aaron Spelling for is the casting of Ricardo Montalbon.

KHAN!

But it's not due to Spelling's credit that Montalbon is a capable actor.

Did anyone just think that perhaps Tori is a spelling-error? Haha. I'm so funny!

Droid
02-18-2007, 01:02 PM
I also think Dean Cain should make an appearance. I don't think they could get Terri Hatcher.

Tycho
02-18-2007, 01:12 PM
I don't think they could get Terri Hatcher.

She could do a scene for an episode at the Wild Coyote called Desperate Bar Flies. :D

Droid
02-18-2007, 02:00 PM
It occurs to me that the plot of having the blind kid be able to see meteor infected people is right out of X2 where the mutant could locate other mutants.

Also, I thought Chloe was meteor infected once before. Wasn't there an episode where everyone told her the truth all the time?

I think that kid Ryan was another friendly meteor freak. And if I remember correctly Shelby the dog started out as meteor infected.

JediTricks
02-18-2007, 09:58 PM
Any way we have Chloe swapping brains or lives with Lois, it runs into the same dead-end for the Superman future so I don't think that'll happen.

I thought tonight's episode was really good. The scene with Clark getting out the GPS was great. (so was it going to explode? Clark said it was just a GPS. I kept waiting for hitmen to show up or something. What was the threat?)If it was going to explode, they could have blown them all up at once, so it wasn't going to explode. Your second guess is pretty good (makes you wonder why they stayed there after destroying the GPS though :p).

Chloe strapped to the table was creepy.Yeah, I was surprised, usually they go for the sexy type of thing with that, but this wa only creepy.

This whole Lana figuring it out and being accepting thing would be neat save for one point - she already found out. She was accepting. Then when Lex thought he was losing her it got Lana killed. So Clark didn't tell her in the new history and Jonathon died instead. We already know how Lana reacts. The question is - could she live if Clark told her? Jonthon already died to even the balance of the universe or whatever garbage Jor-El said. So maybe she wouldn't have to die. To repeat I hated the way Jonathon died and hated the whole alternate destinies thing. I will say they sidestep the fact that if Lana finds out she should find out that her parents died because Clark came to Earth.Yeah, that whole thing was a mess and the negative turning point for the show I'd say.

Chloe as meteor infected. Not crazy about it, but I do think that it will be interesting to see if this is how Chloe ultimately dies or otherwise leaves Clark's life. She can't be around as there is no Chloe Sullivan in Superman.(There is a Cat Grant. Maybe they should have had her be Cat Grant.) Maybe Pete will come back, restate his love for her and take her away. But I've always thought she'll die. Particularly now that she is with Jimmy and Jimmy doesn't have a significant other named Chloe SullivanI figure Chloe could just end up taking a better job at another paper or perhaps at a TV news place that takes her out of the picture, that'd be more believable.

No Martha, Lionel, or Lois.There's something that's been bugging me, Lionel would have had a part in this ep any other way, and he's been absent a lot lately.

So Chloe and Lana go bowling? What happened to the press chasing Lana wherever she goes?Good point about the inconsistency on the press thing. The bowling was kinda stupid, it was a real left field turn for them and of all the activities pregnant women can do, I would think bowling would be definitely OFF the list.

I love this series and always hoped they'd transition it to something like Smallville: the Metropolis Years.....Clark has to leave Kanasas sometime soon or he'll be the oldest Superman to save the planet....they've already something good going with the young Justice League....why stop now?

And Lex does drive the plots, but there's more evil fish in the sea for Clark to battle....loosing Lex won't ruin the show but it will change the dynamic....I'd like to see the show continue with Tom Welling, his last year of college, his trip around the world, then finally him heading off to Metropolis and living a life - there's a lot of history between Clark's life in Smallville and his Metropolis existence that hasn't been explored enough, plus it'd give them the chance to really build the character into Superman and by year 3 or 4 make it the Superman we know.

As for Lex, I think he should stick around but not be so involved with Clark all the damn time, he's running a billion-dollar company, hates aliens, and is greedy and evil, there's got to be more to his life than just hanging with some dopey kids in Smallville, Kansas.

WWE stars Kane and Ashley will be appearing in the episode "Combat", which will air in late March.

Also Linda Carter (of Wonder Woman fame) will star as Chloe's mother in another late March episode.More WWE wrestlers? What the hell? First it was Batista in "Static" and now this, it's SUCH a bad fit.

Lynda Carter as Chloe's mom? That seems like an odd fit considering what we know about the character.

You know if they hadn't brought people on like Tori Spelling and Tom Wopat and that guy from the OC they might have had more funds to do something like that.Yeah, I'm sure Tori and Tom Wopat really broke the bank, they're in such high demand after all. :p

Gene Hackman would be a bad fit with the show unless he was willing to really work hard with the director and do a multi-ep arc, he doesn't fit well in the Superman universe IMO and without a strong hand guiding his performance he falls back on his cliches.

I've wished they'd have Hackman too. They should get Jimmy Olsen from the movies. Ursa. Non. Jackie Cooper. Miss Teschmacher. Otis (he was a regular on Roseanne after all.)Jimmy from the movies, Marc McClure? That guy's in way too much stuff IMO, he's too recognizable as a character actor, especially since he did Back to the Future. I wouldn't recognize Sarah "Ursa" Douglas these days without a pop-up arrow pointing out it's her, I've even seen her in a few shows and not recognized her - her acting style would fit Smallville really well though; same with Valerie "Ms Tessmacher" Perrine. Ned "Otis" Beatty is in a lot of stuff, but he's such a recognizable character actor that it'd stand out heavily, I just saw him on CSI and I couldn't stop noticing it was Ned Beatty.

Did anyone just think that perhaps Tori is a spelling-error? Haha. I'm so funny!Actually, it's short for "Victoria".

I also think Dean Cain should make an appearance. I don't think they could get Terri Hatcher.Dean Cain would be such a distraction, but it's not like he's got anything else to do lately. ;) I feel like a lot of the recent Lois-heavy episodes of Smallville have been lifting too heavily from "L&C" so having that show's Clark would be weird.

Teri Hatcher does have a regular busy schedule with Desperate Housewives but I think she knows her place still (bony though it may have become) and isn't out of their financial range.

JetsAndHeels
02-18-2007, 10:01 PM
Yeah, I'm sure Tori and Tom Wopat really broke the bank, they're in such high demand after all. :p

The key word here is more funds. lol

Dean Cain was supposed to be on the show last season..kryptonsite had an interview with him where he discussed the plans of the show with him but I guess something happened and it fizzled out. I would love to see him on there though if it could work.

JetsAndHeels
03-14-2007, 11:52 PM
Hey everybody, don't forget there is a new episode airing tomorrow night. Here is the official description from the CW:

LEX AND LANA'S WEDDING DAY - On the day of Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) and Lana's (Kristin Kreuk) wedding, Lex receives a call from Dr. Langston (guest star Fred Henderson) who threatens to tell Lana the truth about her baby. Lana begins to have second thoughts about marrying Lex and Clark comes to his own realization that he can't let Lana marry Lex and decides to tell her about his secret. However, no one is prepared for what happens when Lionel Luthor (John Glover) steps in. Annette O'Toole also stars.

Brian Peterson & Kelly Souders wrote the episode directed by Rick Rosenthal.

pbarnard
03-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Yawn. Blackmail blackmail toil and trouble. Only surprising thing is whether or not Lana is pregnant or pregnant with a Luthor engineered freak.

figrin bran
03-15-2007, 10:27 PM
so are you watching this or the Heels game, J&H?

Tycho
03-16-2007, 12:11 AM
The episode was alright. I wondered if Lana would go through with the wedding - but if she knew of Clark's powers, why didn't she feel she could have warned Clark about Lionnel's threat and served him that way? I guess Luthor alimony money can go a long way. :rolleyes:

JetsAndHeels
03-16-2007, 12:19 AM
so are you watching this or the Heels game, J&H?

I watched Smallville. The Carolina game did not start here until after 10pm, so I had some time to gear up for it. :)

figrin bran
03-16-2007, 12:24 AM
The episode was alright. I wondered if Lana would go through with the wedding - but if she knew of Clark's powers, why didn't she feel she could have warned Clark about Lionnel's threat and served him that way? I guess Luthor alimony money can go a long way. :rolleyes:

that would've been the sensible thing to do but that's not Lana's style now is it?
another sensible thing would've been to call Lionel's bluff that he could actually hurt Clark.

i'm actually watching Supernatural just to see Tricia Helfer

Tycho
03-16-2007, 12:37 AM
I've been watching Star Trek: Enterprise season 3 on my DVDs and actually prefer it. The stakes are higher with the war with the Xindi versus the little soap opera wedding playing out on Smallville at the moment.

Droid
03-16-2007, 11:50 AM
The episode would have been good if there had been no episodes before it. Smallville's problem is that things never add up and they don't acknowledge what already happened.

Is it neat to have Lana find out about Clark's powers? Yes, but it happened before and they didn't acknowledge it. (I thought it was neat when Lana finally remembered the tornado. Cheap shot on Lana's part using Chloe to find out Clark's secret Pretty weird that Lana could break that door handle.)

Was Lex married before? Yes, and they didn't mention it. (It's kind of why it frustrates me any time they mention Julian. His death is cheapened by the fact that they did an episode with another Luthor brother that was in for one episode and never seen or mentioned again. He's alive out there somewhere I guess.)

It is awesome to see Lex kill someone. But how many people has he killed so far? (his first wife comes to mind) I also don't like them portraying Lex as someone who can't control himself. I have always thought of Luthor as a sociopath, but a calculating one. He could have paid the blackmail and then just had the guy rubbed out later.

And what is up with Lionel? First he's Jor-El, then he's Clark's pal - telling him to kill Lex - then he's the ever devoted father. Remember how on the X-Files you thought eventually all the episodes would line up and you'd know what the writers were doing? Well the episodes on Smallville don't add up. It's like each writers just tries to do something he or she thinks is cool without acknowledging the past.

I thought Clark pleading with Lana and trying to tell her his secret was pretty neat and good acting on Welling's part.

I found the jumpiness kind of ineffective and distracting. It would have worked just as well shown in order.

I did think Lionel's threat was well acted and cool; it just doesn't add up.

So is Lana pregnant with Zod's child and Lex knows it?

I think there is a bit of a disconnect on Lex being obsessed with Lana and madly in love with her, yet using her as some sort of experiment. I'm interested to see what the story really is on that because it doesn't make sense that he would be doing something to her or messing around with his own child.

pbarnard
03-16-2007, 12:53 PM
This show is becoming proof that shows set with main character in high school shouldn't continue beyond high school. Everything is contrived on forcing the core group together instead of them going their separate ways.

Maybe Smallville needs a continuity editor like the EU has?

I think the writers are confused as to whether which Luthor is the big evil using everyone and everything to their gain as a master manipulator and which is just little evil and doing things for personal gain.

Tycho
03-16-2007, 03:27 PM
Lionnel might be Jor-El still, and doesn't want Lana and Clark together (again to protect Clark and make him focus on his duty according to Jor-El). So he used his charm to influence Lana and keep her away from Clark? (could be)

JetsAndHeels
03-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Droid, good points about Lex being married before..in fact he was married before twice. Don't forget Desiree Atkins, the pheremone-controlling meteor freak who tried to have him murdered.

Droid
03-16-2007, 11:15 PM
Lionnel might be Jor-El still, and doesn't want Lana and Clark together (again to protect Clark and make him focus on his duty according to Jor-El). So he used his charm to influence Lana and keep her away from Clark? (could be)

That may be true and is a neat theory (though I doubt it is true).

And while we're on it, have they shown Lionel discover Kryptonite can hurt Clark or is it just something he knows because he was Jor-El?

Droid
03-16-2007, 11:16 PM
Droid, good points about Lex being married before..in fact he was married before twice. Don't forget Desiree Atkins, the pheremone-controlling meteor freak who tried to have him murdered.

I did forget about that one. I was thinking of Clark's doctor as the person he married.

JediTricks
03-17-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm beginning to think that Lana's baby is either a Kryptonian baby from when she was there at the Kryptonians' landing, or maybe Brainiac's.

I thought this was a disappointing episode because of the lack of new direction in it, even with a big reveal it was still just more of the same at the end. Way too much silly manipulation, and Lionel's motives swung way too far over Evil country again, they can't keep mixing them like this. Lana's behavior was all over the map as usual. Lex killing over Lana was undersold, lazy.

Pretty weird that Lana could break that door handle.She locked it, it wasn't that weird.

And what is up with Lionel? First he's Jor-El, then he's Clark's pal - telling him to kill Lex - then he's the ever devoted father. Remember how on the X-Files you thought eventually all the episodes would line up and you'd know what the writers were doing? Well the episodes on Smallville don't add up. It's like each writers just tries to do something he or she thinks is cool without acknowledging the past.Yeah, that's totally true for me as well.

I found the jumpiness kind of ineffective and distracting. It would have worked just as well shown in order.I think it was an effective way to tell parts of the story without giving away everything, though it was largely filler by showing some of the same stuff over and over.

pbarnard
03-17-2007, 10:33 PM
Other shows that have done the out of sequence recently have been ER and CSI and they weren't even original. Now not saying the writing, storytelling or even the acting is up on those levels, but they're just following a trend.

Droid
03-17-2007, 11:13 PM
She locked it, it wasn't that weird.

So did Clark accidentally break off the handle? He said, "The handle broke." Did Lana break it or did he?

I'm beginning to think that Lana's baby is either a Kryptonian baby from when she was there at the Kryptonians' landing, or maybe Brainiac's.

I worry that everything has to have a Kryptonian baby now. Superman Returns. From what I understand in the comics right now Clark is raising a Kryptonian boy.

JetsAndHeels
03-17-2007, 11:16 PM
From what I understand in the comics right now Clark is raising a Kryptonian boy.

He is. The boy was sent as a trap to lure Superman out...Zod, Non and Ursa are behind it.

JediTricks
03-19-2007, 08:03 PM
So did Clark accidentally break off the handle? He said, "The handle broke." Did Lana break it or did he?She locked the handle, Clark didn't know it was locked and assumed he could just pull it to open it, thus breaking it. It was a little sloppy in that they should have had Clark try it normally, then pull hard and it broke.

I worry that everything has to have a Kryptonian baby now. Superman Returns. From what I understand in the comics right now Clark is raising a Kryptonian boy.Ugh, that would be pretty cheesy. They do that sort of cross-promotion though.

JetsAndHeels
03-22-2007, 10:23 AM
Don't forget to catch an all new episode of Smallville tonight. Here is your description:

6x17 - Combat
Clark and Chloe find an escaped Zoner named Titan who is the star of a secret fight club that puts its death battles on the internet. Lois can tell that there is a story and goes to investigate, where she is put in the ring to fight. Clark goes in as a super-powered fighter to take on Titan but ends up against a different opponent instead.

Tycho
03-22-2007, 11:35 AM
Clark goes in as a super-powered fighter to take on Titan but ends up against a different opponent instead.

What would Tyler Durden do?

Brad Pitt and Edward Norton also star ;)

JetsAndHeels
03-22-2007, 11:48 AM
What would Tyler Durden do?

Brad Pitt and Edward Norton also star ;)

I would take those 2 over what we're actually gonna get..Kane and Ashley from WWE.

figrin bran
03-22-2007, 11:52 AM
meh. i'm not going to miss UCLA/Pitt for this episode.

JetsAndHeels
03-22-2007, 11:53 AM
meh. i'm not going to miss UCLA/Pitt for this episode.

I am!! I will suffer through it. :)

pbarnard
03-22-2007, 12:39 PM
I'm in class till after 7:30 central time. Not going to book it on the bike for this. Also, while being one of the handful of shows that I actually watch in a week, it's one I have no desire to have on DVD.

Trying to figure out which show they're trying to promote to which fans. Are they trying to bring WWE fans to Smallville or push Smallville fans to the WWE?

Tycho
03-22-2007, 01:31 PM
or push Smallville fans to the WWE?

It's not going to work. I know Wrestling is fake but real people escaped the planet Krypton before it blew up, as did some of its prisoners in the Phantom Zone. :crazed:

figrin bran
03-22-2007, 11:23 PM
even though i'm tuned into UCLA/Pitt, i still switched channels in time to see Lois in the red suit. that's probably the highlight of the episode!

Tycho
03-23-2007, 12:18 AM
Actually, the Clark vs. Kane fight was the highlight of the episode. The best darn fight on Smallville EVER! That is what I'm talking about!

This TV EPISODE was better than Superman Returns, giving Clark someone truly worthy of his abilities to fight - and actually KILL! Yup. It was sort of "an accidental death," but Clark said he wanted to kill "Titan" and didn't see an alternative for dealing with Phantom Zoners anyway.

This was the episode I was waiting for! Bloody delicious!

There was the almost lesbian kiss scene between Lois and Ashley, but the violence surpassed the sex this time.

Rock on Smallville! :twisted:

figrin bran
03-23-2007, 12:59 AM
i caught the fight as i was switching channels. FINALLY, we see Clark unleashed!

Tycho
03-23-2007, 01:12 AM
Clark kicked serious butt tonight!

I watched Supernatural afterwards. First time. I like werewolves and Emanuelle Vaugher (Lex's 2nd wife - hottie Hellen Bryce) guest starred. She had to volunteer for silver-bullet termination at the end of the episode (hey, why wasn't she waking up naked for scenes after she'd "wolfed out?" That would have been hot and she did strip down for the sex scene anyway).

Well, they resurrected "Silent Lucidity" from my all-time favorite band (WARNING: Tycho's on another Queensryche trip!) for the big scene they ended with euthanaisa silver bullet style.

But back to Smallville - between both shows actually - tonight was a good night on the CW for TV Land.

JediTricks
03-23-2007, 07:36 PM
I liked parts of this episode, but there was a lot that really irked me.
- Lexana - Lana is trying to fake loving Lex and that's the best she can do? LAAAAME! And then losing the baby, how soap opera was that? "Now that the plot point is out of the way, we can dispose with the contrivance!" Heck, if Lex hadn't cried at the end I would have suspected he just faked the whole pregnancy with drugs.
- Wrestlers - ugh, that is such a bad fit with this show! All they do is make the regular actors look better at their craft, any giant lug can perform those stunt moves.
- Lois - her entry into this was so stupidly done, sloppy and ridiculous and the red pleather suit looked very bulky on her. And she can't take pictures quickly and book, but she's a super-duper fighter? But hey, at least she lost consciousness right when the plot needed her to.
- Making Clark fight Lois - hello, what the hell? This is supposed to be meteor freaks vs meteor freaks, the guy sees Clark's hardcore so he puts Kal-El up against LOIS?!? Makes no sense at all.
- Clark doesn't even bother trying a disguise when folks all over are watching?
- Chloe says it can be recorded or saved, then pauses and zooms in and manipulates the images?
- Lois looks so old! The makeup and cinematography for her is so awful.
- Clark just leaves the Kryptonian there after he's dead! And how are Lex's people able to do an autopsy?

What I liked:
- Folks died! When was the last time that happened when it wasn't a plot device?
- Clark got to take the gloves off and fight! Not exactly sure how he beat the enhanced Kryptonian, maybe he should have said something like "you should spend more time outside in the SUN!" (Superman's powers being solar-charged) And I wanted more fighting with impacts where even the blast waves did serious damage.
- Chloe's thinking about her possible powers in a positive light, and suspecting what a lot of us are.
- Clark putting on airs really had that Superman feel, Tom Welling definitely should just transition from Smallville right to a Superman show, he totally brought his Superman A-game with that voice and intensity in those scenes.

All in all, Clark finally got to have a real character arc for once, going from brooding and angry to learning and growing a little. Plus, we got some super-fightin'! There was a lot that didn't work for me, but it was a step back in the right direction.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-23-2007, 10:22 PM
I really enjoyed last nights episode; great action scenes and I was chuckling pretty hard at Lois being in the cage. GREAT fight between Clark and Titan was pretty fantastic. Lex and Lana didn't bug me as much and I STILL don't know Lex's motives. I think we were all under the impression that Lex was up to something and I STILL believe that due to the looks that Lex was exchanging with Dr. Albright. I think the only reason Lex was crying was due to his guilt and seeing Lana suffer. My guess is the kid is still alive and under observation, just an idea.

And seeing Clark kicking arse was fantastic. Great to see him just going crazy, but dude, you can shoot flames from your eyes: USE THEM DURING A FIGHT.

and I LOVED the scene where Lex was looking at the footage from one of his stations and saw Oliver taking out the camera. GREAT part, even showing the locations that the Junior JLA have taken out.

Overall, i've really enjoyed the last two episodes. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

next new episode: April 19th.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-05-2007, 06:25 PM
"Video preview" of the next few episodes. Kind of a collage of the last few and new stuff from the new episodes. I like Clarks last statement, "A war is about to begin." http://www.cwtv.com/video?vid=smallville

(crosses fingers for battle between the Junior JLA and Lex's creations!) :thumbsup:

Tycho
04-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Isn't it a re-run tonight?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-05-2007, 08:41 PM
Isn't it a re-run tonight?

Yes, new episodes start 4/19.

Droid
04-09-2007, 11:40 AM
I agree with most of what JediTricks said. I'll try not to repeat him.

I didn't think the person was a Kryptonian so much someone the Kryptonians branded and jailed in the Phantom Zone. At one point he called Clark "Kryptonian" and I don't think he would do that if he himself was Kryptonian. And how did Titan know Clark was Kal-El or who Kal-El was?

I thought it was dumb that Lex didn't at least see that Lois and Clark had been in the cage prior to the transmission being lost and have a few questions. And wouldn't people have seen Clark shoot the heat vision to destroy the link? Wouldn't Lex have heard Titan bust in and say, "Kal-El?"

What was the bit about Lex watching Green Arrow on his screen? I didn't get that.

Yes, Clark should use his heat vision in a fight. The fight was pretty good.

Starting the episode and then going back to show how we got there is a device that is becoming tired, partiuclarly given that the wedding episode jumped around also.

I'm with Tycho. Lois is Martha's Chief of Staff and running around in a red catsuit working for the Inquisitor? Pick a profession and stick with it!

I think Lex had the baby removed. I agree it is under observation somewhere. I think he worried the unknown nature of the baby could hurt Lana. However, I still think his motivations seem all over the place.

Tycho
04-09-2007, 01:12 PM
I didn't think the person was a Kryptonian so much someone the Kryptonians branded and jailed in the Phantom Zone. At one point he called Clark "Kryptonian" and I don't think he would do that if he himself was Kryptonian. And how did Titan know Clark was Kal-El or who Kal-El was?

All really good points.

I thought it was dumb that Lex didn't at least see that Lois and Clark had been in the cage prior to the transmission being lost and have a few questions.

The contrived plot device that has a "normal person" miss something about Clark, or be unconscious when he uses his powers, etc. are all a regularly recurring thing for the past 6 years.

And wouldn't people have seen Clark shoot the heat vision to destroy the link?

Maybe the viewing audience can see the effect, like we can see Clark run really fast, but everyone in their fictional universe cannot. That's the way I always thought it was. So if you were in Smallville, you might notice Clark looking at something that combusts, but you wouldn't see the effect coming from him.

Wouldn't Lex have heard Titan bust in and say, "Kal-El?" CPD again.

What was the bit about Lex watching Green Arrow on his screen? I didn't get that.

Lex is just frustrated because the Justice League members are foiling his plans everywhere. They were showing that only as a footnote.

Yes, Clark should use his heat vision in a fight. The fight was pretty good. Doesn't the word, "but" belong here to join your two sentences so they make more sense? :p

Starting the episode and then going back to show how we got there is a device that is becoming tired, partiuclarly given that the wedding episode jumped around also.

It's cool occasionally, but you're right: we've seen enough lately. For the wedding episode it was appropriate. Give it a rest for at least 7 shows now.

I'm with Tycho. Lois is Martha's Chief of Staff and running around in a red catsuit working for the Inquisitor? Pick a profession and stick with it!

I thought she quit or was replaced on Martha's staff. In any event, Kansas' state legislature must be really part-time or something. If she was a California State Legislator she'd be much bussier. I can't believe they haven't shown even a non-speaking extra as hired on to help with the farm now that Johnathon has died. I know Clark has superspeed, but appearances must be maintained. They're not (should not be) exactly poor any more now that she's a lawmaker. People in elected bodies vote themselves raises all the time. Maybe Martha wouldn't vote that way with the majority, but she'd receive the same pay along with the rest of them.

And as to having a 20-21 year old college drop-out as her Chief of Staff in the first place, it just would never happen in most of the real America. I know it's TV, but I've been involved with professional staffs from a major US City to United States Congress in my young life, and the Chief is usually a person with a Master's Degree or a major campaign financer / coordinator from another background (like a Union lobby for example) who is on the staff for nepotistic reasons. A baby, like Lois, would be relegated to answering the phones and getting coffee, possibly managing student interns. Like I said, I don't know how it works in Kansas though. Maybe they all take days off to watch tractor-pulls and go cow-tipping? :rolleyes:

I think Lex had the baby removed. I agree it is under observation somewhere. Good thinking. Seriously.

I think he worried the unknown nature of the baby could hurt Lana. However, I still think his motivations seem all over the place.
Somewhere in that twisted head of his, he probably does really care for her, but that concern is secondary to whatever his latest obsessive objective is. Lex is Lex and he can't avoid being what he becomes. But he is a great character! (Best on the show - as I'd watch a program about him even without the heroic last son of Krypton. I think it'd be called Mr. Soprano or something, but you know what I mean).

JediTricks
04-10-2007, 04:36 PM
I didn't think the person was a Kryptonian so much someone the Kryptonians branded and jailed in the Phantom Zone. At one point he called Clark "Kryptonian" and I don't think he would do that if he himself was Kryptonian. And how did Titan know Clark was Kal-El or who Kal-El was?It's been a few weeks, but I thought Clark said he was a n enhanced Kryptonian battle warrior. As for how he knew who Kal-El was, I can only guess he saw Clark's adventure in the Phantom Zone or was told about it, but yeah, sloppy. I think calling Clark "Kryptonian" like that was meant to separate Clark from all the other opponents there who were just meteor freaks - Titan finally got to fight a challenge, someone from his home planet.

And wouldn't people have seen Clark shoot the heat vision to destroy the link?Heat vision is invisible, like a laser, the flashy beams we see from Clark's eyes are for the audience's benefit.

What was the bit about Lex watching Green Arrow on his screen? I didn't get that.I wasn't sure of that either, kind of random, like they had this piece of footage and shoehorned it in to show Lex's empire under attack, or to remind us that Green Arrow was still out there.

Starting the episode and then going back to show how we got there is a device that is becoming tired, partiuclarly given that the wedding episode jumped around also.THAT is an excellent point! And here it was used with even less effect, a lot of nothing in that scene just to suggest Clark was getting outmatched - when in fact he wasn't.

Droid
04-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Heat vision is invisible, like a laser, the flashy beams we see from Clark's eyes are for the audience's benefit.

Is that in all Superman lore than no one can see it but the audience? Are you saying that's how it is in Smallville? I got the impression in the comics and Superman movies people could see it.

JetsAndHeels
04-10-2007, 05:35 PM
They did the same thing with his super speed...in the episode where Lana sees him use his powers in the wine cellar at Luthor Mansion. He speeds away, but from her point of view he just vanishes.

JediTricks
04-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Is that in all Superman lore than no one can see it but the audience? Are you saying that's how it is in Smallville? I got the impression in the comics and Superman movies people could see it.
The comics, movies, and TV have all at times varied on this, sometimes in-universe people can see it, other times it's invisible - originally it was invisible because it was part of his x-ray vision, and x-rays are invisible. On Smallville however, they've been consistent in that nobody can see it but us.

JetsAndHeels
04-19-2007, 05:49 PM
Don't forget tonight is a new episode. Linda Carter guest stars as Chloe's mother.

Tycho
04-19-2007, 08:00 PM
The original Wonder Woman? No wonder where Chloe gets it from!

figrin bran
04-19-2007, 11:02 PM
chloe/allison does look like she could be lynda's daughter...anyhow time for me to tune in as the episode is starting

Tycho
04-20-2007, 01:12 AM
It was a great show. I don't have much to add at the moment. The Lana pregnancy mystery is still puzzling me.

figrin bran
04-20-2007, 01:18 AM
wait a minute, i think we've seen chloe's mom before and she was blonde. while i don't mind them bringing in lynda carter to play moira, i do mind the producers trying to pull these sort of things over our eyes as if we've never watched most of the episodes.

how can lana be "pregnant" for 5 months was it and not realize that she hasn't changed physically in the least?

notwithstanding, i actually liked the episode. i'm going to sign up for that online game right now.

pbarnard
04-20-2007, 02:44 PM
how can lana be "pregnant" for 5 months was it and not realize that she hasn't changed physically in the least?

notwithstanding, i actually liked the episode. i'm going to sign up for that online game right now.

Physiologically, it wasn't that hard and the reason give is relatively plausible. Some birth control pills are hormones that essentially say the uterus is pregnant, don't ovulate. There is plenty of support for women who are pregnant and they don't show at all or change very little (like less than 20 lb weight gain total). Faking the sonogram, not that hard.

If Smallville was a better written show that made me want more, I'd be interested in the game (why I loved the Webepisodes of the BSG last summer/fall).

Finally didn't have an exam on Thursday night so the first episode I've seen in 4 weeks.

maatu
04-20-2007, 03:04 PM
i was wondering about the ultra sound. so lana baby is dead and lex was probably planning to bring in some mutated krypto freak baby. sorry to all babies didn't mean to offend. then lex is plan backfired. i think as clark matures he also gets stronger. so the battle with titan was just a little of what clark can do,because he doesn't truly understand his powers fully yet...

JediTricks
04-21-2007, 04:33 PM
I was frustrated by this episode, because first off the premise is pretty shaky - that's going to be a keystone element in Chloe's young life but this is the first we've heard of it? Hell, even the episode isn't consistent here, Moira and Chloe explain late in the ep that when Moira had herself committed, Chloe had badly injured her hands and they were covered in bandages, but at the beginning of the ep when we actually saw the scene they're talking about there were no bandages. (They did the same thing with Lex's cut over his eye, but that's just a nitpick.) And Chloe originally in the ep accepts that her mom has that control, but later it's a huge shock when she finds out the exact same thing.

Also, I felt like this episode had a strained premise to begin with, they got me past it by the middle, then it completely fell apart right after the middle and everything became about ridiculous contrivances and illogical decisions simply so they could add more character interactions.

And the mess they made of the Lana aspect was pretty sloppy, but the icing on that has to be when the doctor starts flipping out at her - that was ludicrous.

Plus, where was any payoff on Chloe's meteor powers???

I feel I have to say that the acting in this one was well below par from everybody, Lynda Carter possibly excepted (though it felt more like she was in a Lifetime movie of the week than Smallville).

I was a little disappointed that I was right about the baby thing being drugs (post 316: "Heck, if Lex hadn't cried at the end I would have suspected he just faked the whole pregnancy with drugs."), it lacked flair and seemed really flat and simple compared to the way they normally do this sort of twist - all the evil doctors were just lying, not covering something bigger up, big ****ing deal! So what was Lex weeping about in the previous ep, Lana's unhappiness, that's it?

wait a minute, i think we've seen chloe's mom before and she was blonde. while i don't mind them bringing in lynda carter to play moira, i do mind the producers trying to pull these sort of things over our eyes as if we've never watched most of the episodes.Not only are you right, they even show the blonde version at the beginning of the ep when they show "previously on Smallville" scenes.

how can lana be "pregnant" for 5 months was it and not realize that she hasn't changed physically in the least?Actually, the hormones would have changed her body physically some, and some women don't show until later in the pregnancy.

JetsAndHeels
04-21-2007, 10:59 PM
I feel I have to say that the acting in this one was well below par from everybody, Lynda Carter possibly excepted (though it felt more like she was in a Lifetime movie of the week than Smallville).

I thought Lynda did a pretty good job. Nothing outstanding, but she did what she had to as Chloe's mom. I just ignored the whole blonde/brown hair thing, since the show has overlooked things like this before as if we wouldn't know.
I did get a laugh out of her using her powers to make that meteor freak guy target Lex. :)

And about the Lifetime movie of the week thing, ever since this Lana/baby/Lex drama has started up its been feeling like that.

pbarnard
04-21-2007, 11:21 PM
You know, for the supposedly evil genius, why didn't Lex see the double cross coming by demanding that she give commands aloud instead of quiet?

JT, horomones would not always change the external appearance of the body. Yes, they'll change internal cell functions, but internal changes don't always lead to external. Horomones are just global signals that regulate homeostasis.

JetsAndHeels
04-21-2007, 11:24 PM
You know, for the supposedly evil genius, why didn't Lex see the double cross coming by demanding that she give commands aloud instead of quiet?

Because he is getting careless. Apparently covering up Lana's non-existent pregnancy and lying to her is distracting him.

pbarnard
04-22-2007, 11:50 AM
Because he is getting careless. Apparently covering up Lana's non-existent pregnancy and lying to her is distracting him.

Just making sure it wasn't the writers who forget characterization. :bandit:

JediTricks
04-22-2007, 09:09 PM
And about the Lifetime movie of the week thing, ever since this Lana/baby/Lex drama has started up its been feeling like that.I'd say it goes back to Lana's trip to France even.

You know, for the supposedly evil genius, why didn't Lex see the double cross coming by demanding that she give commands aloud instead of quiet? Lex is still new to this "evil genius" thing, up until now he's been far more nuanced about his evil, this week he's gone full tilt.

JT, horomones would not always change the external appearance of the body. Yes, they'll change internal cell functions, but internal changes don't always lead to external. Horomones are just global signals that regulate homeostasis.I believe there have been cases of full on false-pregnancy due to hormones, and many lesser symptoms as well such as lactation and even swelling the belly akin to a real pregnancy.

Droid
04-23-2007, 04:03 PM
I thought Lex had a dream though where he freaked out because there was a Phantom Zone type monster on the ultrasound. I still am confused by all this.

Don't you think the only doctors that could get to Lana or examine her for her pregnancy problems would be those that Lex had gotten to?

I thought it was neat when Clark retrieved the button. The quick back and forth shot was cool.

I find it odd that we are all supposed to accept that Chloe's mother has to be catatonic even though there is this drug. Oliver can't buy or steal some? Clark can't steal some? Clark can't ask Lionel? Martha can't ask Lionel? Chloe and Clark can't ask Lana to ask Lex? Martha can't use her State Senator contacts? There is no way to get this drug?

figrin bran
04-26-2007, 11:01 PM
J&H, where's your reminder that tonight is a new episode?

yer slipping dude! :p

Tycho
04-27-2007, 12:35 AM
It was a good show tonight and made me nostalgic for the days when Clark and Lex were friends, actually. The show always teased you with hope that Lex wouldn't go so completely evil. But boy are he and Lana in a loveless marriage!

The pregnancy and Lionnel Luthor are mysteries I am intrigued by and would like to see resolved (sooner than later, but some mystery is good).

Oh, I liked the sun re-energizing Clark. That was cool (when they got out of the tunnels).

figrin bran
04-27-2007, 01:02 AM
Lana playing Lex was awesome! :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
04-27-2007, 07:44 AM
J&H, where's your reminder that tonight is a new episode?

yer slipping dude! :p

Sorry man, I figured someone would pick up the slack for me. :)

Um, whats up with next week's episode? Looks like they are trying to rip off some 30's-40's gangster movie.

JediTricks
04-27-2007, 11:01 PM
Although this ep had a few painful contrivances (kryptonite everywhere, bomb timing), I thought most of it worked really well right up until the last 10 minutes when they were out of the tunnel and it was back to Lexana. Lana actually had some interesting - if perhaps well out of character - moments and Kristin didn't act totally awful for once. If they were going to finally give an inch on the "big picture" story, I would have liked them to take it a step further than they did with Lionel explaining himself to us. And Clark feeling like Lex might not be so bad was a forehead-slapper, that was too much for me. Still, far better than a lot of recent entries.

JetsAndHeels
04-27-2007, 11:07 PM
What I liked most about last night's episode was the scene where Clark is lying on the ground outside the tunnel....then you see from his point of view the sun, helping him regain his strength.

I know that was a very brief moment in the entire episode, but I loved it bc it felt like Superman. It represents him gaining his strength back, which I am not even sure we have seen at all in Smallville (the sun re-charging him).

Tycho
04-28-2007, 01:43 AM
What I liked most about last night's episode was the scene where Clark is lying on the ground outside the tunnel....then you see from his point of view the sun, helping him regain his strength.

I know that was a very brief moment in the entire episode, but I loved it bc it felt like Superman. It represents him gaining his strength back, which I am not even sure we have seen at all in Smallville (the sun re-charging him).

Yes. Totally in agreement with you there J&H! :thumbsup:

That was nicely done and a subtle nod to classic Superman fans.

Droid
04-29-2007, 02:38 PM
I like a mystery marinating, but I always worry with Smallville they'll move on to something else and never really explain it. (How Swan got the key a few seasons ago, etc.) So I hope we will find out what Lionel is up to.

It was a good episode. I thought it was a cheat when Clark was lying in the rubble with Kryptonite and then next time they show him he's just walking around. I think they are always back and forth on what Krytponite does to Clark. Sometimes one piece leaves him in a clump, sometimes it just makes him weak. In this one it just makes him human I guess.

I really was surprised Lex came back for Clark. They do a nice job of making you wrestle with labelling Lex. The shades of gray Lex spoke of. I thought Clark would get out and Lex would say he knew he Clark couldn't get out so he got out himself so he could send help back for Clark.

I always hate Lana when she is the Black Widow. I just don't buy it when her character suddenly becomes ruthless, cunning, and cold. She was going to let Lex die?

I thought only Lana knew that the chisel broke during the barn fight.

Once again, Lex doesn't notice that Clark didn't go get medical attention after the tunnel incident.

The conversations between Clark and Lex were awesome.

I liked Martha's comments to Clark about how his strength and weakness is hope. (Although I think his strength and weakness is how much he cares for others, but it was a neat comment.) Interesting to hear Martha say she doesn't trust Lionel.

You could forget Lex is evil when they do that episode, but if you watch all of the episodes and pay attention to the things he is done there is no shades of gray, Lex is pure evil.

Next week looks like self indulgent crap on the part of the writers. For instance, I really hated the 1950's episode with Jor-El on Earth from a while back.

JetsAndHeels
04-29-2007, 06:41 PM
Next week looks like self indulgent crap on the part of the writers. For instance, I really hated the 1950's episode with Jor-El on Earth from a while back.

Just about every Superman-related TV show that has aired has featured one of these "flashback, what if this happened in the 40's" episodes. This one reminds me of one from Lois and Clark, "That old gang of Mine", where the characters flash back to the time of Al Capone.

Yuck.

pbarnard
04-30-2007, 03:53 PM
They've thrown a bone to the movies, even the TV show, isn't it about time they do something with some one from L&C?

Droid
04-30-2007, 04:35 PM
They've thrown a bone to the movies, even the TV show, isn't it about time they do something with some one from L&C?

Yes, I have thought for some time that they should work Dean Cain into it somehow.

wampaslayr
05-02-2007, 11:59 AM
Forget Dean Cain. Find a role for Teri Hatcher. :love:

JediTricks
05-02-2007, 08:15 PM
She can play the role of an old dried up hag who enchants Clark with her meteor-infused skimpy outfits. ;) I actually dig Teri Hatcher, but she looks kinda harsh now after getting a little older and not eating - like a tan corpse with a face lift.

JetsAndHeels
05-02-2007, 10:17 PM
Dean needs to be on the show at some point. Lois and Clark was/is one of my favorite Superman shows. I would love to see him make an appearance before Smallville ends syndication.

pbarnard
05-02-2007, 11:06 PM
Dean needs to be on the show at some point. Lois and Clark was/is one of my favorite Superman shows. I would love to see him make an appearance before Smallville ends syndication.

Hope you mean production, because it still is considered in. Syndication, what you do after you have the magic 100 episodes of shows produced.

Couldn't they make Cain the clone of the scientist played originally by Reeve as a sort of wink wink to the past?

JetsAndHeels
05-02-2007, 11:27 PM
My bad pbarnard, I just meant I want to see Dean on the show before it ends. :)

JetsAndHeels
05-03-2007, 09:45 AM
Ok Figrin Bran, here is your new episode reminder!!

Tonight on the CW we have a new episode, entitled "Noir." Here is your official description from the CW:

After a secret meeting with Lionel (John Glover), Lana (Kristin Kreuk) is shot at the Daily Planet by a mysterious gunman.

Jimmy (Aaron Ashmore) is knocked out while studying photographs of the scene and dreams about a 1940s version of Smallville in which Lana is a femme fatale who orchestrated the murder of her tycoon husband Lex (Michael Rosenbaum), Clark (Tom Welling) works at the Daily Planet as a reporter and Lois (Erica Durance) is a sultry singer working at a bar owned by Lionel. Meanwhile, back in 2007, Clark discovers why Lana married Lex.

Allison Mack and Annette O'Toole also star. Brian Peterson & Kelly Souders wrote the episode directed by Jeannot Szwarc.

pbarnard
05-03-2007, 10:07 PM
Alright, beyond the writers being inconsistent between episodes, you'd think they could do it in the same episode (or was it make up or props).

Intro: Lana shot in left clavicle
Gurney: Paramedic applying pressure to right clavicle
Next time: Left
With sling: Right

Beyond that, anyone notice the slight voice inflections that Welling used ala Chris Reeve did?

Tycho
05-04-2007, 12:29 AM
I loved the episode tonight. The Yaris cartoon was pretty good, too. That's a creative campaign right there. Go A.C.!

Meanwhile, Jimmy had his best episode. Tom Welling did a great job playing Reeve's Kent, as well.

Allison was still quite the Lois Lane in her 1940's appearances even though she was still supposed to be Chloe. It still makes me wonder...

Anyway, was that really Erica singing? Nice voice.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Kind of a goofy episode, but I enjoyed watching it. I got a huge kick out of Lana being so protective of Jimmy and whatnot. That cracked me up. Plus, Clark wiping that coffee or whatever off Chloe's blouse had me laughing. I did also enjoy Clark leading the double life in his dream. good stuff. :thumbsup:

Tycho
05-04-2007, 08:07 PM
. Plus, Clark wiping that coffee or whatever off Chloe's blouse had me laughing.

I was going to say, that was a rather bold display for Smallville that they snuck in there. Chloe seemed to like it, too.

JediTricks
05-05-2007, 04:55 PM
I really didn't care for this episode, most of the time I found myself looking at other stuff in my living room rather than the TV because it was so boring and obvious and clearly outside the show's story arc. Chloe really felt in place, Clark did ok with it too, I was amazed at how bad Lionel's acting was here and Lex's acting felt downright bored, Lois did alright with the little she was given, but the show was set squarely on Lana and Jimmy's shoulders and I really really hated watching them pretend to be adults, it was downright painful - like watching the Lil Rascals put on a play about Al Capone. And in the "real world" parts, NOTHING important ended up happening and Lana getting shot seemed like it should be so big but it wasn't. Then Clark letting that reporter get shot was downright embarrassing. All in all, I could have gone without seeing this at all.

Droid
05-05-2007, 11:24 PM
I thought it was a really terrible episode. And then they drop something that is supposed to be huge into the episode in the end that got lost because they were so busy with the dream nonsense. Lionel is forcing Lana to get dirt for him on Lex? When did that happen?

And I don't like that they laid the groundwork for all that in a dream Jimmy was having.

Like JediTricks I ended up organizing some stuff in my house because it was unimportant to moving the plot forward.

As I said before I even saw it, it was self indulgent on the part of the writers. And was it in the actor who played Jimmy's contract that he would be the focus of an episode?

The episodes haven't done much for the overall story lately. Then watch, as per usual, they will shove way too much into the last fifteen minutes of the season that they could have spent episodes flushing out.

Droid
05-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Also:

Why does Lionel need Lana to take down Lex? He forced her to marry Lex. Why mess with the marriage? And why is he plotting to take down Lex? He already has dirt on Lex killing the guy under the church to take down Lex if he wanted to. And if he just wants information on what Lex is up to he never needed Lana for that before. Just last episode he shows up in that tunnel and somehow knows absoutely everything Lex is up to.

And how dumb is it that Chloe and Lana will do everything just because Lionel might pull some Kryptonite on Clark? Why is everyone so afraid of that? It is Clark's ONE weakness versus everyone else's countless weakness. If Lionel told Chloe, "Either you do what I say or I will run Jimmy over with my car, shoot Jimmy with a gun, cut Jimmy in half with a sword, infect Jimmy with a deadly virus..." would Chloe be Lionel's servant for the remainder of the show? This whole plot of Lionel as puppet master and everyone keeping the fact that Clark is in danger from him makes no sense at all.

Wouldn't it make more sense to warn Clark and to have Clark proceed with full information that Clark can't trust Lionel? If Clark is really in danger, maybe Chloe could tell the other Justice Leaguers so Clark could have some REAL help instead of Chloe and Lana! :rolleyes:

And what is this season about anyway? They have totally dropped the Phantom Zone thing. Is the big development of the season going to be just this muddled business with Lionel's motivations?

JediTricks
05-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Great points, and it's a real shame too.

I can only assume that Lionel is specifically after information about the Aries project which nobody but Lex's closest love could possibly get, and even that is rail thin.

That thing about Lana protecting Clark is awful awful awful from the premise and even worse in execution since there's no show of intent or threat behind it.

JetsAndHeels
05-10-2007, 01:16 PM
New Episode tonight folks!! It is entitled "Prototype", and here is the CW's official description:

"Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) has been secretly trying to turn Wes Keenan (guest star Tahmoh Penikett), a military man who supposedly died fighting in Afghanistan, into a 'super soldier' by injecting him with DNA pulled from the various meteor freaks he has captured. After a crooked senator (guest star Alan C. Peterson) threatens to expose his secret labs, Lex dispatches Wes to kill the senator, but Lois (Erica Durance) witnesses the attack and inadvertently becomes the super soldier's next target.

"Meanwhile, Clark (Tom Welling) tries to convince Lana (Kristin Kreuk) to leave Lex."

The episode was written by Steven S. DeKnight and directed by Mat Beck.

only 7 and a half hours to go!! yay!!

Tycho
05-10-2007, 02:08 PM
Sounds interesting.

When do you think Lex became capable of killing? He shot Nixon (the reporter) in the cliffhanger conclusion that started Season 2, but that was to protect Jonathon Kent (to a degree). But when was it that Lex became so casually capable of just ordering someone dead?

Droid
05-10-2007, 02:56 PM
Isn't there some episode that shows him killing someone in a club or after leaving a club when he was much younger?

And it is implied he killed his wife after being stuck on that island.

JetsAndHeels
05-10-2007, 04:02 PM
Isn't there some episode that shows him killing someone in a club or after leaving a club when he was much younger?

That is the episode "Zero" from season 1. He didn't kill the person, it was her fiancee who shot him after she caught him at the club with 2 other women. There was a struggle on the dance floor and the next thing you know he is shot dead, while she is standing there holding the gun.

And it is implied he killed his wife after being stuck on that island.

Yes, that is what I was going to say to answer Tycho's question. I think Lex has always been capable of killing, it just takes certain actions to push him over the edge. He had always been brought up to be tough, to be a survivor by Lionel. The tendencies of someone who could kill were always there, but only in specific events would Lex actually do it (and revenge on Dr. Helen Bryce was definately one of those events).

Tycho
05-11-2007, 12:08 AM
Smallville was totally awesome tonight. Made me want to (and probably will) watch all my Superman movies tonight (or start them) anyway. There was great things to do for Clark, Lex, and Lois.

I'm particularly intrigued by the Clark vs. Lex Luthor development finally reaching its apex (well that was sort of Superman Returns) but this was amazing.

Next week looks like it will be a cliffhanger season ender. Boy that felt like it went by fast to the series end, huh? Was this a shorter season?

Droid
05-11-2007, 10:28 AM
I was bored tonight. It felt like a place holder until they do everything next week in the finale.

I think it is interesting how lately they have the big fight with about twenty minutes left in the episode. Always feels anticlimatic.

I thought it was cute how they mentioned Ben Hubbard.

I still think Martha would avoid becoming more and more prominent as it shines a brighter light on Clark.

I am not sure exactly what Clark thinks his threat against Lionel is. What is he going to do? His ethics prevent him from physically hurting Lionel. He can't get in a battle of wills with Lionel. Lionel knows his secret. The only thing I think he can do to hurt Lionel is to try and end Lionel's "relationship" with Martha.

Wonder if Martha is leaving the show or won't be on much next year so they are sending her to Washington.

I thought the bedroom scene with Clark and Lana was pretty good.

Are we supposed to believe Lex really loves Lana or ever did? I don't think that he ever did. I think he was only interested in her to have what Clark had. I thought his threat against her after she was spying on him was very creepy, which I know they were going for.

It still doesn't make sense that Lana stays with Lex, but I guess that ends next week. Wonder if they will have her break up with Lex because it is the season finale or if they will actually explain why she no longer stays with him because she fears for Clark's life.

Watch them squeeze way too much in next week: I bet we find out Chloe's power, maybe see the Martian Manhunter again, find out more about Lionel's motivations, see Lex and Lana break up, see Clark and Lex have it out, and maybe see more Phantom Zoners.

Tycho
05-11-2007, 12:02 PM
There's enough of a story there that we don't need the Martian Manhunter. I liked the other members of the Justice League better myself. Hopefully we'll see their return in Season 7.

It would take all their efforts to bring down the super-soldiers that Lex has made with clones of Wes in 33.1.

I'm very interested in the other plot points that Droid referenced.

I don't know who Ben Hubbard was. But he might be the guy Clark suggested they "lease out the back-40 to." In Superman: The Movie, Clark mentions something like that to his mother as well (after Pa Kent dies).

I'm into watching my Superman movies again after last night's Smallville. (I only got so far as the first one as I went out last night and decided to watch it after I came home at 2 in the morning or something - love the scenes on Krypton, btw. Marlon Brando played a great Jor-El.)

I think Lex might have been infatuated with Lana. I think the last girl I ever saw him really love was Helen Bryce. I had hope for him then before she betrayed him.

Anyway, a Phantom Zoner now might be an interesting distraction - especially for a 2-parter. I'm tired of the Phantom Zoners being 1-episode resolutions.

BTW: notice how they allow Clark to kill now? He fried Wes! Clark wasn't doing those things before, but he's changed too. It'll almost be as if Smallville's version of Clark could be capable of killing Lex if it came down to it.

That's another reason I was watching the Superman movies. I realize that the Reeve films are not necessarily respected continuity, but one can explain a few things and suspend disbelief in other areas, correlating them in one's mind if they want to (I'm psychologically disturbed that way). But Clark tends to tolerate Lex long enough to learn what he's up to with the nuclear missles in S-1. We'll see where it goes from there. I think that in SR they are separated from one another for a good deal of the picture until Lex is kicking his butt on the Kryptonian island and from that point on, they're not getting along.

I'd expect Clark-Lex interaction in a Routhe-Spacey sequel would be very hostile on the part of both parties. They really hate each other now. It's cool because it's a journey down into Clark's own dark side.

JetsAndHeels
05-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Ben Hubbard-longtime friend of the Kents and fellow farmer in Smallville. He was in SR, just in a small, small appearance. You see him leaving in his pickup saying "bye Martha" right before the scene of her in the kitchen with the scrabble game on the table.
He is also in a deleted scene where him and Martha talk to Clark, and they tell him that they are getting engaged and selling the farm.

Tycho
05-11-2007, 12:49 PM
That's disturbing. The farm is rather a huge piece of Jonathon Kent nostalgia and it's sort of sad that it dies as then neither Martha nor Clark have an interest in keeping it. Woe is the legacy of Hyram Kent and his forefathers.

I suppose life has to go on and Jonathon knew Clark was destined for "far greater things."

Droid
05-11-2007, 01:50 PM
In Superman IV, Clark is planning to sell the farm now that Martha is dead, but is holding out to sell it to a farmer. In a cut scene, I believe he was going to give it to the family of the boy that wrote him asking that Superman rid the world of nuclear missles.

Tycho
05-11-2007, 02:33 PM
I don't remember if I saw Superman IV. Probably not. However, Jor-El told Clark that he is to not interfere in human affairs. He can help, but he is not to alter history. Thus I see it as a violation of his "Prime Directive" to rid the world of nuclear missles - not that he completely listens to Jor-El anyway.

Droid
05-11-2007, 03:34 PM
That alter human history thing never made a bit of sense to me. Jor-El tells him to be a beacon of hope and show them the way. That doesn't alter history?

He saved Air Force One in the first movie. That didn't alter human history?

All the times he saved people didn't alter human history? Going back in time to save Lois DOES alter history, but if he had just saved her in normal time that would have been OK?

Superman's appearance on Earth would alter human history in more ways than can be calculated.

Superman IV is terrible, Tycho. Just terrible.

JetsAndHeels
05-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Superman IV is terrible, Tycho. Just terrible.

Yep, couldn't agree more.

My advice to anyone when it comes to the Reeve films is not to watch anything past Superman 2.

Qui-Long Gone
05-14-2007, 10:53 AM
Yep, couldn't agree more.

My advice to anyone when it comes to the Reeve films is not to watch anything past Superman 2.

Mine is when it comes to the films in general, Singer's too, don't watch past Superman 2....

JetsAndHeels
05-15-2007, 10:56 PM
TV Guide, Variety and Hollywood Reporter are all reporting that The CW has greenlit a seventh season for "Smallville".

Look for an official announcement from The CW on Thursday.

Tycho
05-15-2007, 11:21 PM
Is this a surprise to anyone? Smallville is their most successful show I think.

However, Season 7 is supposed to be the last one.

Mike Rosenbaum's contract is up after year 7 and I think he wants to move on.

A spin-off would require Tom Welling (well might require him - but I'd hope for that since he's the best Clark Kent).

But there are things I doubt will happen:

- Lana will not die. Somehow she'll be involved or marginalized for Season 7.

- Lois and Clark will not get together. Lois falls for Superman. She thinks Clark is a geeky farmboy. Erica and Tom will possibly have more interaction however, as will Erica and Michael.

- Martha Kent will not die either. As she's seen still alive in Superman Returns, I don't think Smallville will rewrite that. She might lose her US Senate bid - to Lex Luthor actually. I can see that happening.

- Chloe might get killed.

- Lionnel might get killed. His Jor-El thingamajig might cause Lex to view him as betraying his own son for Clark's sake, and should he die, Lex will blame Clark for taking away both his wife and his father. Lex might even kill Lionnel, then feel bad about it.

All this being said, I'd like to see a series about the young Jor-El make it to TV if they are ever talking spin-off. It would be fresh and never done before - plus we could have scenes both on earth and on Krypton. That would be awesome. That's my number one choice to see happen when Smallville leaves the airways.

JetsAndHeels
05-15-2007, 11:35 PM
No Tycho, I am not surprised. Still I felt it was newsworthy so I posted it.

After word surfaced that Rosenbaum would leave after the 7th season, I figured 8 would be as far as it went, if not 7.

Having said that, I hope season 7 is better than season 6 has been.

Tycho
05-15-2007, 11:51 PM
Why would there be an 8th season?

The show started as a character study on 3 orphans (Clark, Lex, and Lana).

Lana is being wrapped up as far as I think they can take her.

Lex will not be on the show without Rosenbaum.

"Superman" has some mediocre enemies (Clark's challenges on Smallville have been far better with some of the meteor freaks (we've had a lightning striker, a sandman, a Mr. Freeze, various Phantom Zoners, a Poison Ivy-type, etc.) and Zod and Brainiac of course, but Lex seems almost at the top of the food chain.

Did you watch Star Trek, J&H? Three of their 5 series, the most successful if you want to call them that (OK, TNG and DS9 had the ratings), went 7 years. That seems to be the magic number. Why would Smallville continue past season 7 if the show were to undergo such a radical change as to lose Lex Luthor?

The only way I could see that is them bringing back James Marsters to have another full season of Brainiac, keeping Lois and Clark on of course.

Otherwise, a new radical departure from the Smallville format would morph the show into Justice League and they'd borrow villains from the other DC heroes' rogues' galleries.

JetsAndHeels
05-15-2007, 11:58 PM
Did you watch Star Trek, J&H? Three of their 5 series, the most successful if you want to call them that (OK, TNG and DS9 had the ratings), went 7 years. That seems to be the magic number. Why would Smallville continue past season 7 if the show were to undergo such a radical change as to lose Lex Luthor?

No, I did not watch Star Trek. The CW is no doubt getting ratings from the show still and they may try to find a way to let it go another year. That is all I am saying. Don't take it as the gospel or anything, I was just speculating.

Qui-Long Gone
05-16-2007, 12:28 AM
I've always hoped the show would transition into Metropolis or something like the Justice League....I agree the Smallville arc has run its circle....I mean the world is much larger than a farm and sooner or later Clark needs to become the Man in Super-man....

figrin bran
05-16-2007, 01:36 AM
Why would there be an 8th season?

Like QLG just said and i believe JT and others have said many a time, for season 8 they could do Clark in Metropolis. There is still a lot of Superman lore to cover and perhaps they could bring in Parasite, Metallo, maybe even Darkseid?

pbarnard
05-16-2007, 11:02 AM
This show suffers from what all shows that center on high school students at the beginning, how to keep them together after that as most people move on and drift apart? Going much father continues to add to the contrived plot formulas. The ST argument is pretty apt, but don't forget, the last season of Enterprise, and like another WB/CW show, 7th Heaven, were picked up each for one more season at a cheaper rate and different time slot. 7th Heaven went farther to shake up the cast and have people actually move on in terms of story.

Plus, when you could write a better episode when in the fourth grade English class, isn't it time for the professionals to stop and not go on?

Droid
05-16-2007, 02:29 PM
General Grievous posted this in the Superman Returns thread. It is really cool and there is some very good editing to show Tom Welling in the Superman suit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NIFvrV4VP4&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fsingerssupermansucks%2Eblogspot% 2Ecom%2F

Qui-Long Gone
05-16-2007, 03:27 PM
General Grievous posted this in the Superman Returns thread. It is really cool and there is some very good editing to show Tom Welling in the Superman suit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NIFvrV4VP4&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fsingerssupermansucks%2Eblogspot% 2Ecom%2F

'nough said...put Welling in the suit in Metropolis...

JetsAndHeels
05-16-2007, 05:26 PM
That was a pretty cool fan-made trailer and all, but I don't support the idea of Smallville going completely "Metropolis" and having Welling as Superman. The show is about Clark Kent's journey to Superman, not him actually being Superman. The show will end after next season, and I hope they wrap it up nicely and leave things as they should be before Clark finally embraces his destiny.

JetsAndHeels
05-17-2007, 12:38 AM
Ok folks, here is your final new episode reminder for the 6th season. Since it is now Thursday for us on the east coast, I will post the description of tonight's season finale:

"When Clark discovers Lionel threatened to kill him unless Lana married Lex, he goes after Lionel to silence him once and for all. Lana tells Lex she is leaving him, and Martian Manhunter makes a return appearance to help Clark stop Lex, who is trying to find the last wraith from the Phantom Zone in order to use its DNA to power his army of super soldiers.

"Meanwhile, Lois goes to Reeves Dam in search of information about Lex's secret lab and is brutally stabbed by a security guard. Chloe's secret power is revealed."

The episode is written by Todd Slavkin and Darren Swimmer and directed by James Marshall.

Tycho
05-17-2007, 04:03 AM
Are you sure you got this right?

"When Clark discovers Lionel threatened to marry him unless Lana eats Lex, he goes after Lionel to get him hitched with his mom once and for all. Lana tells Lex she is eating him, and Martian Manhunter makes a return appearance to help Lana marinate and cook Lex, who is trying to find the last wraith from the Phantom Zone in order to impregnate it with his DNA since he didn't have a child with Lana. The Energizer Bunny arrives to bring power to his army of super soldiers.

"Meanwhile, Lois goes to Reeves Dam in search of a new bikini from Victoria's Secret lab and is brutally hit upon by a security guard. Chloe's secret power is revealed as she is so desperate without Jimmy, she goes out on a date with the guard instead."

The episode is written by JetsAndHeels and misdirected by Tycho.

JetsAndHeels
05-17-2007, 03:21 PM
Are you sure you got this right?

Dude, I cannot even begin to come up with a comment for that.

Tycho
05-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Dude, I cannot even begin to come up with a comment for that.

LOL. I forgot I wrote that late last night. I just almost laughed so hard that my yogurt might have come out my nose!

I hope you thought it was just as funny. It's crazy what you can do to a paragraph to distort it by changing only a few words. The SSG Mad Libs strike back!

JetsAndHeels
05-18-2007, 12:13 AM
Well I thought the season 6 finale was pretty good. It seemed like there was just a whole lot going on for that one show, and the writers packed alot of info in there.
I liked the opening scene with the exorcism, Martian Manhunter, etc. It felt like I was watching Supernatural an hour early. lol
I want to believe Lana is really dead...but I have this feeling she isn't. I got to thinking perhaps she is framing Lex for her murder or something of that sort. Who knows.
Chloe's power is interesting, however there is just something about it I cannot put my finger on..is she now dead, or did she somehow use her life force to merge with Lois' so now they are both alive in one body? Also she has cried before, and in this season..I guess those tears didn't touch anyone or whatever.
I wanted to see Clark do some real damage to Lex when he confronted him about Lana's "death". Of course the Lex character lives on, but I just wanted some kind of beatdown on baldy.
The Clark/Bizarro fight was good, although brief. I am glad they didn't throw out the "to be continued" when they both started charging at each other there towards the end. Clark obviously is now still in the facility while Bizarro has flown on and can wreak havoc somewhere else.
Ok that's all I am going to post right now..I am sure I will think of more later. Time to watch the Supernatural season finale and figure out what is going on with that show now.

Tycho
05-18-2007, 12:49 AM
I too loved the exorcism opening to the show. That was so well done!

I thought it was a great episode. Before I never thought much of Martian Manhunter, but I really liked him in this episode.

Now to the details:

OK: Lana got into an SUV that blew up. Cloe got into a house that blew up for the cliffhanger in season 3 - 4. Her death was faked to put her in witness protection.
Lana Lang is a continuing character in the Superman legend for those that don't know. No, Smallville doesn't have to follow that, but it mostly does. Lana may not be dead.

Lois did die. They said someone would die. Lois died. Then Chloe brought her back to life. It's not a permanent change for the show, but it's also not false advertising. Lois died. We all saw that. Nothing said the death had to be permanent.

Lionnel might have died. Or he still could. It looks like he was knocked down or pinned down where he could drown if he doesn't regain consciousness. Geeze - what's with all the "L's"? Hehehe.

Chloe might be dead. She might have used her power to give up her life to restore Lois'. They can write it that way next season. Or she could just be unconscious.

Lionnel and Chloe are neither part of the Superman legend, but Chloe especially has become a popular character through Smallville.

So is someone permanently removed from the show? Or since Lois died for 5 minutes during the episode, did that qualify?

JetsAndHeels
05-18-2007, 01:02 AM
So is someone permanently removed from the show?

Here's hoping its actually Lana. Like I said before though, I have a bad feeling she's not dead.

figrin bran
05-18-2007, 01:28 AM
I too loved the exorcism opening to the show. That was so well done!

I thought it was a great episode. Before I never thought much of Martian Manhunter, but I really liked him in this episode.

Now to the details:

OK: Lana got into an SUV that blew up. Cloe got into a house that blew up for the cliffhanger in season 3 - 4. Her death was faked to put her in witness protection.
Lana Lang is a continuing character in the Superman legend for those that don't know. No, Smallville doesn't have to follow that, but it mostly does. Lana may not be dead.

I think Lana got into the white truck and not the SUV. Her telling off Lex was awesome - that and the scene before that in Clark's barn was probably some of the best acting Kristin has done on this show.

Martha Kent/Annette O'Toole is the one that won't appear next season. In CW's write up for season 7, all the cast members are listed except for her.

Tycho
05-18-2007, 05:39 AM
Is anyone added? Like Aaron Ashmore (Jimmy Olsen?)

So no one permanently died. (I'll have to qualify the word permanently - since Lois did die in the episode).

By the way, Chloe's grief at losing Lois was a great scene for Allison Mack's acting talent.

JetsAndHeels
05-18-2007, 09:17 AM
I think Lana got into the white truck and not the SUV.

I agree. I went back and re-watched it a few minutes ago and I definately think she is on that truck when her jeep explodes. This seems like a plan to orchestrate her death to Lex. This would coincide with her comment to Lex about how the only way he could keep her in the marriage was to kill her. This is her way of getting out.

pbarnard
05-18-2007, 10:08 AM
Yes, Lana got in the white truck. Old trick of Hollywood, plus one already pulled by Smallville. Empty Chloe coffin anyone? Of course, after 6 years, sort of anti-climatic Clark confession.

Do they need to list Annette O'Toole in the stars since she was always considered a guest star? More like a small question for S.A.G.

Of course, we got to meet Bizaro. That's one way to keep the guest list down is to have Welling play multiple parts.

Droid
05-18-2007, 11:30 AM
Could we have like 48 hours to speculate before we star revealing officially who will be in next season folks? At one time we agreed this would be a mildly spoiler free zone.

Anyway, yes, I thought it seemed like Martha was going to be out most of next season. Maybe she'll guest star some.

So did Lionel take the Kryptonite to stop Clark from killing Lex, but then decide to use it on evil Clark?

Did Martian Manhunter leave Earth? I thought he decided to wait to do that until he helped Clark. And wouldn't he be able to fly out and come back pretty quickly?

It is so stupid that the Manhunter worked for Jor-El. I love how everyone in the galaxy knew Jor-El. It seems like the Kryptonians were relatively closed off from the universe. Homebodies. If they were explorers it seems like some Kryptonians would have been living off world at the time of the explosion other than the criminals in the Zone. I kind of thought originally the ship that carried Clark was a prototype and that space travel wasn't really something the Kryptonians did often. Martian Manhunter, Kryptonian Sheriff. Give me a break.

I thought the scene where Lana confronted Lex was awesome, but stupid that she went back given how dangerous she knows Lex is.

So Clark again tells Lana his secret, without any mention of the fact that last time it got her killed. He couldn't live with that, changed history, and Jonathon got killed instead. Once they killed Jonathon Clark should have never decided to reveal his secret to her again. But they never acknowledge the past. Like that Lex already killed one wife. Or that we are supposed to keep debating how evil Lex is even though watching the show all the way through makes it clear Lex is really, really evil.

I thought Lana got in the truck that went by the second I saw it. I don't know if she is trying to frame Lex or if that is just a bonus that he got arrested.

The Bizarro stuff is another example of them taking something from Superman lore, shoving it into Smallville when it is too early for it, and then changing everything about it. Bizarro is NOT Superman's evil twin. He is Superman's opposite, and usually a joke. It is kind of how they messed up Mr. Mxyzptlk and Brainiac.

And how come no one ever uses some sense? Will Clark only become smart after his time training at the Fortress? Everyone warns Clark how much danger there is and he always on this show, just charges in, not worried about anything. No plan, no nothing. And wouldn't Lionel know how to combat the enemy given that he has "ALL JOR-EL'S KNOWLEDGE"? Everyone always accidentally helps the enemy like when Clark accidentally freed Zod.

Maybe Chloe's tears only work in "her darkest hour" or when she is cradling the dead or something. Interesting that neither Chloe or Lois will likely know what the power was. It appears Chloe is partially dead, but not completely dead. She'll probably be just fine after a chocolate covered pill.

This season felt like it went nowhere and next season will be "Season Six, part II", more catching Phantom Zoners.

JetsAndHeels
05-18-2007, 04:56 PM
There is a blog on myspace posted by the Church of the Last Son in which he talks about his misgivings with the heresy of Smallville. This guy read my mind; I replied with my own thoughts because he has basically all of the main reasons I get so frustrated with the show. Take a look, see what you think here (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=107090911&blogID=266030183&Mytoken=67BEDBB1-CCB6-4D54-BA6CBCFA3F5148D138767814).

Droid
05-18-2007, 05:33 PM
Couldn't agree more. I think the story of how Clark Kent became Superman is a very interesting one. His high school years. His college years. The years where he helped people anonymously. I would have liked them to tell that story.

But the writers would have had to deal with restrictions. No super villains. No other super heroes. No Lois. It should have been a more character driven show. They took one of their first mis-steps by having a Freak of the Week. Metropolis should not have been in the Midwest. While I prefer the stories that have Lex and Clark meeting as adults, I know that there is some comic book history that had them friends when younger that grew up to be enemies. So I can forgive that.

Smallville has many of the same problems that Star Trek: Enterprise and the prequels did. They went back to tell a story and then did not deal with the fact that it had to match with and lead into what followed, not re-write it on a whim.

The caves/Indian and witch plots were terrible and at the end of their respective seasons dropped. They never led to what we are watching now.

Lois, Jimmy, Perry, the Phantom Zone, Brainiac, Zod, Bizarro, Mr. Mxy., Green Arrow, Aquaman, Flash/Impulse, Green Arrow, Metropolis. They all should have come later.

Clark. Lana. Pete. Martha. Jonathon. Maybe Lex. That would have been a show worth watching.

I agree that Chloe was perfect. They missed the boat with how they sidelined her because everything has to be about Lana.

I have significant problems with Jor-El as God, controlling EVERYTHING from beyond the grave.

Can you imagine how they would water down Doomsday? I'm surprised they didn't just have Titan be named Doomsday.

I am really glad the show will likely end next year. One thing I would like to know though so how EVERYONE won't know Clark is Superman when Superman finally emerges. Lex would have to be an absolute idiot. (And by the way this Lex is evil, but not particularly smart. Which I guess is fair as Smallville's Clark is all muscle and no brain. He gets all his ideas from Chloe. Superman should be smart as well as strong.)

JetsAndHeels
05-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Droid, your points about Manhunter working for Jor-El are right on the money. I know the show totally ignores the real story and comic lore, but still this is something that bothers me to no end. Just like you mentioned with the cave, the witch angle, etc. none of this stuff adds up and in the end where we are today at the end of season 6 has really nothing to do with how those stories occupied our time during those weeks.
Back to Jor-El though...how many people are on his payroll anyway? You have Rya, Lion-El, Manhunter..who am I forgetting? I just don't like how his character is portrayed in this show. Where I really took notice of this was the episode in season 3 when he came to Smallville as the drifter during the 60's. He cheated on his wife with that Louise character, and all that other nonsense.
Okay I will stop now as I am ranting. Still I will say I support this show until the end...I have since day one. I just wish there were things that had been properly written and characters that had been properly dealt with.

JediTricks
05-19-2007, 12:51 AM
I didn't like this episode, everything felt really crassly presented, sloppy and heavy-handed, that stuff with Lana and the white truck driving by Lionel was the worst, but there was so much wrong here that I kinda shut-down after a while. Clark letting Lana in on the secret couldn't have been more badly handled, especially since Clark knows that when Lana's this close to Lex, Lex will accidentally destroy her for that secret. The only thing that really took me by surprise was Lois getting stabbed in the gut. Having the Martian Manhunter work for Jor-El was supremely stupid. And the way he's wounded, wtf? That line about being a "bizarre" version of Clark was embarrassingly forced, come ON, can't you guys try harder than that? And why would Bizarro be a phantom zone wraith, why would he take Clark's DNA but also make himself a copy of his clothes, and why bother with the rocky face at the end? Chloe's power really annoyed the crap out of me, but I knew she'd end up just drained, not dead - nobody in this town ever takes a damn pulse anymore! Plus, when did Chloe get so attached to Lois, she weeps over her and all but cries to the heavens, but they barely spoke in this season and it wasn't that close.

I think there were some interesting things going on here, but the script really let the plot down badly, some of it should have been in earlier episodes and some of it should have been done way differently.

So did Lionel take the Kryptonite to stop Clark from killing Lex, but then decide to use it on evil Clark?Seemed to me he brought it expressly to use on Bizarro - that worked out great to. :rolleyes:

I thought the scene where Lana confronted Lex was awesome, but stupid that she went back given how dangerous she knows Lex is.No kidding, that was totally ridiculous, just a ploy to get Lex to hit her.

So Clark again tells Lana his secret, without any mention of the fact that last time it got her killed. He couldn't live with that, changed history, and Jonathon got killed instead. Once they killed Jonathon Clark should have never decided to reveal his secret to her again. But they never acknowledge the past. Like that Lex already killed one wife. Or that we are supposed to keep debating how evil Lex is even though watching the show all the way through makes it clear Lex is really, really evil.EXCELLENT POINTS!!!

I thought Lana got in the truck that went by the second I saw it. I don't know if she is trying to frame Lex or if that is just a bonus that he got arrested.It firmly felt to me like the latter, she wouldn't use Clark that way, I can't believe that.

And how come no one ever uses some sense? Will Clark only become smart after his time training at the Fortress? Everyone warns Clark how much danger there is and he always on this show, just charges in, not worried about anything. No plan, no nothing. And wouldn't Lionel know how to combat the enemy given that he has "ALL JOR-EL'S KNOWLEDGE"? Everyone always accidentally helps the enemy like when Clark accidentally freed Zod.More excellent points!

This season felt like it went nowhere and next season will be "Season Six, part II", more catching Phantom Zoners.I totally agree on all points, and I suspect you're right about the Zoners too, they'll find some more escaped that they hadn't seen before.

There is a blog on myspace posted by the Church of the Last Son in which he talks about his misgivings with the heresy of Smallville. This guy read my mind; I replied with my own thoughts because he has basically all of the main reasons I get so frustrated with the show. Take a look, see what you think here (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=107090911&blogID=266030183&Mytoken=67BEDBB1-CCB6-4D54-BA6CBCFA3F5148D138767814).Sadly, not only are those excellent points, but there are one or two I hadn't considered. I guess part of the problem is that the producers and the CW want viewers who are like Tycho in their thinking - they don't give much thought to Superman and just want an action version of The OC - and it's fallen far off the Superman path now. They don't seem to care about moving characters forward in their lives, especially Clark, except when it is totally wrong for the show and the canon (Lana marrying Lex, Martha becoming a Senator). There's no balance between the drama and the action, no sense of a greater story at play anymore, and no maturity to the writing whatsoever - in some ways, Clark has become more immature as time has passed.

Metropolis should not have been in the Midwest.This is one I think they can get away with if they had put it near Chicago, but by leaving it in Kansas it becomes totally stupid - the Metropolis shipping harbor and docks for Kansas?!?

While I prefer the stories that have Lex and Clark meeting as adults, I know that there is some comic book history that had them friends when younger that grew up to be enemies. So I can forgive that.Only the horrors of Silver age Superboy, and those are pretty bad in the overall.

Droid
05-19-2007, 10:04 AM
I never thought about Bizarro having Clark's clothes! How would that happen? And why would Bizarro want them black? Is that the opposite of Clark's outfit?

I never thought about the fact that they have shipping on the docks in Metropolis, Kansas! Ha!

Tycho
05-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Here is a map of Kansas. (http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/namerica/usstates/ks.htm)

Maybe the Missouri River, the Arkansas River, or the Republican River is wide enough, that docks could look like a coastal port. The Missouri River is probably the widest and maybe near Kansas City, there could be a large port area (for a river anyway).

Since Topeka is the state capitol where Martha came home from working as a state senator at, I figure Smallville must be near the mid to eastern half of the state. Metropolis also. It was said that Metropolis was 3 hours away by car.

JetsAndHeels
05-19-2007, 05:29 PM
in some ways, Clark has become more immature as time has passed.

JediTricks, there are many problems with Smallville. I complain and I grumble about them, but this problem here that you said is to me THE unforgiveable sin when it comes to the story and how the show is being written.

JediTricks
05-19-2007, 05:50 PM
I never thought about Bizarro having Clark's clothes! How would that happen? And why would Bizarro want them black? Is that the opposite of Clark's outfit? In the comics, Bizarro's outfit was a darker interpretation of Superman's costume, basically purple versions of the red and blue, but the only opposite was the mangled backwards "S" shield on the chest (and cape, when included). But that Bizarro wasn't a twisted Kryptonian DNA-clone of Supes.

I never thought about the fact that they have shipping on the docks in Metropolis, Kansas! Ha!Yeah, me neither till that post. :D

Here is a map of Kansas. (http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/namerica/usstates/ks.htm)

Maybe the Missouri River, the Arkansas River, or the Republican River is wide enough, that docks could look like a coastal port. The Missouri River is probably the widest and maybe near Kansas City, there could be a large port area (for a river anyway).

Since Topeka is the state capitol where Martha came home from working as a state senator at, I figure Smallville must be near the mid to eastern half of the state. Metropolis also. It was said that Metropolis was 3 hours away by car.In Kansas City, the Missouri (which I believe has the largest shipping volume of the 3 you mentioned) is only about 2 blocks wide, and that's the largest city in Kansas that border the Missouri river. There certainly doesn't seem to be anything resembling a harbor or major dock operation there on the Google maps images. You can be an apologist all you want for the show, but we all know that they goofed here.

JediTricks, there are many problems with Smallville. I complain and I grumble about them, but this problem here that you said is to me THE unforgiveable sin when it comes to the story and how the show is being written.Oh, I'm sure! Backpeddling Clark is unfathomable, it makes no sense except to play into that teen soap theme, which is not the direction they should have been aiming for. It's shameful that they can look at this show now and not see that it's gone terribly wrong with the intention of making Clark a responsible adult who will one day become Superman.

figrin bran
05-19-2007, 08:56 PM
just to chime in and beat a dead horse, where would Clark be without Chloe? and how is it that he's just as dependent upon her, if not more, than in seasons past? everything he goes through gets filtered through her. i like chloe and appreciate that she plays that role for him but you'd think at some point, her qualities would rub off on him and he would start to make better decisions on his own.

JediTricks
05-20-2007, 08:51 PM
just to chime in and beat a dead horse, where would Clark be without Chloe? and how is it that he's just as dependent upon her, if not more, than in seasons past? everything he goes through gets filtered through her. i like chloe and appreciate that she plays that role for him but you'd think at some point, her qualities would rub off on him and he would start to make better decisions on his own.
Yeah, that's a good point, I guess he's so codependent that his reliance on her stunts his emotional growth, but that doesn't feel very accurate to the character.

JetsAndHeels
05-24-2007, 02:22 PM
It has just been announced that season 6 on dvd will be available September 18th, coinciding with the season 7 premiere that night on the CW network.

Some of the special features on this set include never-before-seen featurettes and deleted scenes. Also included will be the Oliver Queen episodes and the "Justice and Doom" animated comic.

If anyone wants more info The Superman Homepage (http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php) has more info and a pic of the cover.

Tycho
05-24-2007, 03:03 PM
Are there separate Oliver Queen episodes? Separate from the shows that aired? What are they cell phone download-shows?

JetsAndHeels
05-24-2007, 03:06 PM
They are the ones that were exclusively on sprint mobile phones. They will be all included on the dvd set according to the report I linked...And yes, there were separate episodes.

scruffziller
05-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Are there separate Oliver Queen episodes? Separate from the shows that aired? What are they cell phone download-shows?

How much you wanna bet that there is going to be a Green Arrow spinoff show.:rolleyes:

pbarnard
05-26-2007, 04:43 PM
How much you wanna bet that there is going to be a Green Arrow spinoff show.:rolleyes:

Well they tried it with the Aquaman character I believe. It was more crap-tacular than smallville if possible. So it's the problem of cloning, when you take something of the original, copy it, you lose a little. There's not much to lose here, so a single episode and cancellation isn't something worth risking for the CW.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-28-2007, 04:49 PM
It has just been announced that season 6 on dvd will be available September 18th, coinciding with the season 7 premiere that night on the CW network.

Some of the special features on this set include never-before-seen featurettes and deleted scenes. Also included will be the Oliver Queen episodes and the "Justice and Doom" animated comic.

If anyone wants more info The Superman Homepage (http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php) has more info and a pic of the cover.

Wha! Releasing the DVD on the same night as the premiere?!? That's shady; I wanted to have a quick season 6 marathon before jumping into season 7. Damn nabbit!

Anyway, I really enjoyed the finale: it was fast paced, had some good action and a few really good cliffhangers. I don't get how people can b*** and moan about continuity and all that crap: it's a different interpretation of the comics. If you want the comics, read the comics and don't watch the show, plain and simple.

I liked how Bizarro was created and I loved how the kryptonite just helped him out. How do you kill Bizarro anyway? I don't remember. The fight was pretty intense too.

Lana= not dead.

Chloe: seriously, I hope she's not canned as I loved her character since the beginning. I'm not buying that she's dead yet, but I do like how she was able to heal Lois. I guess we know what her powers are, eh?? Although, if she is dead, this does put a dent in Tycho's "Chloe is Lois" theory. Sorry Tycho. :p

Overall, very solid episode to cap off an uneven, decent season. Looking forward to season 7! :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
05-28-2007, 05:03 PM
Wha! Releasing the DVD on the same night as the premiere?!? That's shady; I wanted to have a quick season 6 marathon before jumping into season 7. Damn nabbit!

Just tune into CW on Thursdays at 8...they are airing past episodes every week. They started with "Zod" last week and this Thursday will be "Sneeze".

JetsAndHeels
05-30-2007, 07:33 PM
More details on the season 6 set:

Smallville - The Complete Sixth Season
Starring: Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum, Annette O'Toole, John Glover
Format: NTSC
Language: English
Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only)
Number of discs: 6
Studio: Warner Home Video
DVD Release Date: September 18, 2007
ASIN: B000N6SE4U

Special Features:

* Green Arrow: The History of the Emerald Archer: Since the early 1940s Oliver Queen aka Green Arrow has grown in popularity and respect. Once seen as the poor man's Batman, he later evolved into a nuanced character which has rivaled some of the best superheroes in the industry. This retrospective will feature the interviews of those living legends that were fortunate enough to have written or inked this character through the years. Traced will be the lineage from his opulent roots, to the new story line featured in Smallville.

* Smallville: The Ultimate Fans: Superman can rival any franchise, and this documentary is set on showing just how powerful the forces are behind the almost epic fandom associated with this title. DVD feature shows the results of an online search, which was conducted recently to locate the "Ultimate Smallville Fan." Even more detailed will be the legacy which this show is building upon daily both at conventions, and websites being hosted around the world. A global phenomenon, this featurette will examine the craze and justify for the fans why they should be proud to be associated with Kal-El (aka Superman).

* The Oliver Queen Chronicles: These animated mobisodes made their debut on the extra small screen of a cell phone. For the first time they can now become a part of the Smallville fan's library. Tracing the origin story of Green Arrow through animation, the end user is treated to a refreshing take on how Oliver Queen made his transformation to the Emerald Archer.

* The Making of The Oliver Queen Chronicles: A retrospective glimpse into what was involved from concept to completion with the Green Arrow mobisodes.

* Smallville Content Wraps: In between the sixth season's episodes, the audience was treated to a continuation of the story line through an animated series of comic books. This featurette compiles these original works by DC Comics.

* Deleted Scenes

Tycho
05-31-2007, 03:08 AM
I hope they have a blooper real, too. Michael Rosenbaum has me busting-up in those!

I also still love it when John Schneider turns to Anette O'Toole and says, "Martha, even though WE are alien lifeforms..." or whatever. He catches himself and just cracks up. That was funny!

scruffziller
06-01-2007, 04:49 PM
I hope they have a blooper real, too. Michael Rosenbaum has me busting-up in those!

I love Rosenbaum's portrayal of The Flash on Justice League. He does great comic relief.:thumbsup: Which proves his genius as an actor, people can't believe it's him even though it sounds like him. The contrast of characters between Lex and The Flash that he does is beyond reproach.

JetsAndHeels
06-11-2007, 10:40 PM
TV Guide's website has posted a pretty big spoiler concerning the season 7 premiere.

Spoiler (http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=3558)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-11-2007, 10:44 PM
TV Guide's website has posted a pretty big spoiler concerning the season 7 premiere.

Spoiler (http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=3558)

heheh beat me to it, J&H!! I was just about to post this.

I don't know how I feel about this; if this character only stays for a few episodes, i'll be happy, but I just hope they don't go overboard with it. This is probably going to be the last season, so I'd hope they'd have Clark do some traveling around the world with the Junior JLA and coming into his own. Hopefully this new character will teach Clark about how to use his powers a bit more and they can just have him do some more flying already!! He's already flown, just suck up this "no flying" rule and let Clark fly, dammit!!! Could easily go either way though. We'll have to wait and see. :thumbsup:

Tycho
06-11-2007, 10:49 PM
That is very cool JetsAndHeels!

SPOILER WARNING REGARDING POST BELOW:

I wonder if the same girl who played Kara in the earlier season is going to come back as her this time. The actress was popular with the CW in that they also used her in the unsold Aquaman pilot with Justin Hartley.

I wouldn't mind seeing her back even though that wasn't really Kara the first time.

I want my Smallville Season 6 DVDs already! You know, I can watch a DVD collection, but I don't like to tune into reruns. I can sort of explain that: seeing an episode too many times spoils it for me. But if I watch them all an equal amount of time - then that's OK.

Didn't we also discuss James Marsters coming back as Brainiac? He is awesome and I'd love to see him and Clark have another go-around!

JediTricks
06-11-2007, 10:50 PM
SPOILER REPLY

=== Seems like a desperate entry. Supergirl has never really expanded the Superman character IMO, and I can't imagine this will do anything else. ===

-spoiler text works this way:
text goes here for highlighting

figrin bran
06-11-2007, 10:55 PM
so i clicked on the spoiler...i was wondering if this would ever happen on the show

and scruff is right, Rosenbaum is awesome as the Flash on Justice League. if only the writing were better on Smallville, we'd know what a great range he possesses as an actor.

figrin bran
06-11-2007, 10:59 PM
Tycho, no it will not be her because she is on Friday Night Lights.

JetsAndHeels
06-11-2007, 11:02 PM
That actress is Adrienne Palicki. And like FB said, she is currently on Friday Night Lights, so chances are we will not see her.

She also starred in Supernatural.

Tycho
06-12-2007, 12:06 AM
PaLICKI - I could say all kinds of things, but you guys can already predict them :love: Hehehe.

JetsAndHeels
06-12-2007, 10:14 AM
Here (http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=3561) is a little more info on this for those that are interested.

Droid
06-12-2007, 12:33 PM
Spoiler discussion:

I am so mad about this. Kara has already been done on Smallville. Will they even acknowledge that? I am so sick of additional Kryptonians having survived Krypton, and they all know more than Clark. He is supposed to be the last Son of Krypton! I agree with other people's comments.

And her teaching Clark to fly is so stupid. Clark has flown in several episodes and just won't accept that he can.

Sound like they plan to end the show in a really stupid way. And guess what, she'll be around for at most as long as Green Arrow and then die so Clark is the only Kryptonian again.

I'm with JediTricks, Supergirl has never contributed anything to the larger story or themes.

JediTricks
06-12-2007, 06:28 PM
spoiler response:
==Kara on Smallville was dopey, knowledge downloaded into some girl, totally sucked. Then again, since they never explained why Jor-El was such a tool for most of the show, I guess it's good enough.

You make a really good point about every Kryptonian ever shown on this show knowing more than Clark, and it's incredibly annoying!

I get the feeling they're trying to appease the fanboy-lite guys, the ones who want to see it wrap up in a comic booky way but don't care too much about what comic books - these are the same people who were satisfied with Xmen 3 I suppose, but they're also the ones who drive studios to make Batman Forever and Batman & Robin-type films.==

JetsAndHeels
06-12-2007, 10:13 PM
Here (http://ifmagazine.com/new.asp?article=4569) is even more info on the news straight from Al Gough. There is some good info in this article, and there is another little bit of news in there as far as a guest appearance.

Droid
06-13-2007, 11:40 AM
More here:

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ask-Ausiello/default.aspx

Spoiler discussion:

This really makes me angry. So rather than giving Smallville a fitting tribute during its last year, having Clark seize his destiny, and be the last Kryptonian, they are hoping to keep the Smallville money train going by having a Supergirl spinoff once Smallville is gone.

If Jor-El was going to send Kryptonians to watch after Clark, why not just send himself and Lara and anyone else he liked too? Better yet, why use ships at all, why not just lead a group of Kryptonians through the cave as they showed in that terrible flashback episode that took place in the '50's?

I can not say enough how much I hate the idea of two Krpytonians. And if she would have a spinoff then that would be PERMANENTLY two Kryptonians. What is special about Superman in that instance? WHAT?

Expect this girl to be VERY attractive and for them to play up the sex angle like crazy as that will be the only way they think she could have her own show. Watch Tycho buy into this strategy. She'll probably turn up on Earth naked in the first episode she is shown. I predict they will write Supergirl about as well as they have Lana and that there won't be a spinoff, just a mucked up season of Smallville.

Neat Dean Cain will likely be on.

JediTricks
06-13-2007, 11:39 PM
Here (http://ifmagazine.com/new.asp?article=4569) is even more info on the news straight from Al Gough. There is some good info in this article, and there is another little bit of news in there as far as a guest appearance.
===What a load of rich, creamery butter! "Our interest in Supergirl stems from her recent resurgence in comics" You know why she had a resurgence? Because she sucked so bad that for a while she was ERASED FROM THE DC UNIVERSE!!!===

This really makes me angry. So rather than giving Smallville a fitting tribute during its last year, having Clark seize his destiny, and be the last Kryptonian, they are hoping to keep the Smallville money train going by having a Supergirl spinoff once Smallville is gone.===Yeah, WB is a soulless bastage and it's obviously far more important to them to ruin Superman again than accept that it's time to move on.

Your other points are solid too, sexified Smallville and Tycho will buy into it like he always does. :p

But hey, at least we're not repeating the past by having Supergirl intermingled with Jimmy Ols- whoops!===

Reminder for you all, spoiler text works this way:
text goes here for highlighting

JetsAndHeels
06-13-2007, 11:56 PM
JT, it's ok that I post links instead of spoiler text right?

JediTricks
06-14-2007, 01:25 AM
Yeah, if they click it they have to know they're getting into some sort of trouble. Plus, I dunno if the spoiler color code trick will work on links.

scruffziller
06-14-2007, 11:45 AM
and scruff is right, Rosenbaum is awesome as the Flash on Justice League. if only the writing were better on Smallville, we'd know what a great range he possesses as an actor. Thnx FB, I'm glad to know that my insight grabs some people's attention. :)

Tycho
06-14-2007, 11:48 AM
For the record, if Kara shows up naked and they cast her that hot, of course I'd be loving it. :love: That's just sexuality.

Would I watch a Supergirl spinoff show? Not likely. I'm also very opinionated about "women's lib" if you will, but that's for another discussion. I don't really want to watch a show with a primary female lead, nor do I really dig listening to women singers for that matter. Can you say "misogynistic tendancies?" That's the way I am.

So I'm not really buying into it.

Furthermore, Smallville has good characters already. Oliver Quinn was an interesting story arc twist for a while, and they did it early enough that he could have stayed on the show or recurr this seventh (final?) season. But bringing in someone new, right now, at the end, feels disrespectul to the cast.

It's like the final episode of Enterprise had to have Riker and Troi in it, as if the Enterprise crew couldn't film their own send-off. :mad:

Well, if it's good, I'll reserve the right to change my mind, but right now it's not what I'd do (Batman being the only exception I can think of).

scruffziller
06-14-2007, 12:01 PM
Would I watch a Supergirl spinoff show? Not likely. I'm also very opinionated about "women's lib" if you will, but that's for another discussion. I don't really want to watch a show with a primary female lead.

COUGH!!!!...... Birds of Prey :Ponder:

JetsAndHeels
06-14-2007, 01:43 PM
Thnx FB, I'm glad to know that my insight grabs some people's attention. :)

I agree with you too about the Flash....Rosenbaum did a great job.

Droid
06-14-2007, 02:49 PM
I think it's hilarious how we all keep using the spoiler text and Tycho keeps just saying what is going on without spoiler text.

JetsAndHeels
06-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Tycho keeps just saying what is going on without spoiler text.

You know why??

spoiler text

He's loco.

figrin bran
06-14-2007, 10:48 PM
J&H, i feel so ripped off having to highlight spoiler text just to read what we all know already! :p

JetsAndHeels
06-14-2007, 11:16 PM
J&H, i feel so ripped off having to highlight spoiler text just to read what we all know already! :p

Made ya look!! :)

Tycho
06-15-2007, 04:56 AM

That's why I didn't make the effort this time.

Scruffziller's right about me and Birds of Prey though. I think I was slipping when I was watching that. Please don't tell Tom Leykus on me.

JediTricks
06-18-2007, 10:32 PM
I guess from here on out we're just spoilerizing this thread.

COUGH!!!!...... Birds of Prey :Ponder:Ugh, is that a threat? A reminder how bad this spinoff will likely be? Man, that would totally bury Smallville's already shaky reputation.

It's like the final episode of Enterprise had to have Riker and Troi in it, as if the Enterprise crew couldn't film their own send-off. :mad:Well, it did make sense since Enterprise sucked and never could find its own feet in the Trek universe, in fact I'd say that awful cop-out finale was perfect for proving just how toxic the series really was.

figrin bran
07-12-2007, 02:47 AM
so i can't post a pic of supergirl or even say the actress' name?

JediTricks
07-13-2007, 10:52 PM
Just the opposite, go for it!

figrin bran
07-13-2007, 11:15 PM
okay but first i have to search for a pic...

in the meantime, i'll float out this teaser...she is canadian (so how many canadian actresses on this show does that make it? ). i had never heard of her previously but over on kryptonsite, quite a few people correctly guessed that she'd land the role. then again, there were people on that site hoping it would be kristen bell.

JetsAndHeels
07-14-2007, 06:20 PM
Her name is Laura Vandervoort.
Here (http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20045784,00.html)is a link to an article with her
pic.

Tycho
07-15-2007, 04:33 AM
OK! :love:

I would post a predictable response to JetsAndHeels' picture link. But since my response is so predictable, I think I'm being more creative by just alluding to it. :D

JediTricks
07-16-2007, 01:22 AM
first: worst name ever.

second: wow, could she BE any more generic? More pics: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0888882/photogallery
I'm getting tired of these weak-chinned waif-faced girls invading Hollywood, hopefully she'll have some talent to make up for her looking wrong for the character.

Tycho
07-16-2007, 01:42 AM
She kind of reminds me of Tara Reid.

Do you know that if you "Star Wars" Tara Reid's name, you can come up with:

Rei'Tard. :D

JetsAndHeels
07-16-2007, 10:47 PM
A couple of news items regarding the show....

The upcoming TV Guide's sci-fi preview has a Smallville cover with a small spoiler concerning Lois and Lex.

Also the TV squad website is reporting that Dean Cain is in fact in negotiations to appear in the 7th season, so it isn't just a rumor.

figrin bran
07-16-2007, 11:01 PM
leave it to JT to rip a girl's last name! ;)

JediTricks
07-17-2007, 01:46 AM
She kind of reminds me of Tara Reid.Exactly! Oh, you meant that as a positive somehow. :p

Do you know that if you "Star Wars" Tara Reid's name, you can come up with:

Rei'Tard. :DHaw! That was actually a pretty good one!

A couple of news items regarding the show....

The upcoming TV Guide's sci-fi preview has a Smallville cover with a small spoiler concerning Lois and Lex.

Also the TV squad website is reporting that Dean Cain is in fact in negotiations to appear in the 7th season, so it isn't just a rumor.Hmm, any additional 411 about that stuff?

leave it to JT to rip a girl's last name! ;)COME ON! VANDERVOOT! IT'S BEGGING TO BE MADE FUN OF, IT'S AWFUL, I COULD SPEND ALL DAY AND NIGHT RIPPING ON IT! Dude, her name sucks, admit it, you know you want to say it. I'm an American Hero damnit, I'm willing to say what you won't! :crazed: ;)

JetsAndHeels
07-17-2007, 04:02 PM
Hmm, any additional 411 about that stuff?

Yes, here is some info from TV Guide that I found on kryptonsite. IT HAS SPOILERS

Here are some highlights:

The Season 7 premiere airs on September 27, and features the introduction of "another strange visitor from the planet Krypton": Clark's 19 year old cousin, Kara.
Kara's spaceship was stuck in suspended animation for 18 years and the dam burst in the Season 6 finale woke her.
Watching over Kara is "another step in Clark's journey," creator Al Gough told TV Guide. "He's no longer in child mode. He's given responsibility over someone else."
Kara has strength, speed, and X-ray vision... plus she can fly.
"He's got to keep her out of trouble and make sure she doesn't use the abilities for the wrong reason," Gough says.
Also in danger in Season 7? Lois. "They're still far from their romantic destiny, but you'll sense that they care for each other," Gough says. He says that Lois will become more of "the Lois Lane we know from the Superman mythology" as she continues to develop as a reporter, landing at the Daily Planet.
The new character of Grant Gabriel, Lois's Daily Planet editor, will have more than a professional interest in Lois.
Armed with the Planet's journalistic credibility, expect Lois to take on the Luthors. "This of course puts her in various stages of danger, much to Clark's chagrin," Gough says. "After all, hell hath no fury like a bald billionaire scorned."
The Justice League may show up again, but Gough says that it will not be happening in the first eight or nine episodes of the season, and that they will most likely show up individually, rather than as a group. "And hopefully we can introduce some new members," Gough says.

Tycho
07-17-2007, 07:51 PM
I really like it when they have the Justice League members on the show.

Green Arrow and AC are really cool.

It's CLARK that is cool with Impulse / Flash - whoever they decide he is.

Qui-Long Gone
07-17-2007, 08:59 PM
I like the idea of Clark becoming more man than boy...and I'm fine if he never does the costume...afterall even with Singer's last run I still can't take that costume seriously in live action (love it in the comics and cartoons)....

More Justice League...

figrin bran
07-17-2007, 10:29 PM
I really like it when they have the Justice League members on the show.

Green Arrow and AC are really cool.

It's CLARK that is cool with Impulse / Flash - whoever they decide he is.

Are you kidding? AC's got too much of the surfer dude vibe going on which makes him kind of dweebish. Cyborg/Victor Stone is the one that's cool!

New Justice League members eh... Even if Kara were to appear in those episodes, they still need a bit more female representation. Maybe Zatanna? that way they could work in the whole Supes' vulnerability to magic angle. And hopefully we'll see Kyle Rayner or Hal Jordan.

Droid
07-18-2007, 09:09 AM
I think this will be the worst season of Smallville to date, even worse than the witch season. I really think the Supergirl angle will ruin how special Clark is supposed to be and will just be terrible.

I also think having a young hearthrob character running the Daily Planet is incredibly stupid.

I wish it had ended last season.

Tycho
07-18-2007, 01:32 PM
I don't wish that it ended last season, but I agree with Droid's points.

JediTricks
07-18-2007, 04:32 PM
I wish it had ended 2 seasons ago.

Droid
07-18-2007, 05:40 PM
I wish it had ended 2 seasons ago.

It really got bad when they did that witch business, but having Clark go back in time to save Lana and instead killing Jonathon was really the point at which I stopped liking the show very much. And having Clark be changed by that experience so that, oh I don't know, he would not tell Lana his secret again, would have been nice.

Droid
07-18-2007, 05:42 PM
It really got bad when they did that witch business, but having Clark go back in time to save Lana and instead killing Jonathon was really the point at which I stopped liking the show very much. And having Clark be changed by that experience so that, oh I don't know, he would not tell Lana his secret again, would have been nice.

But then again, I hated all of that cave stuff and could not stand that Jor -El went back in time using the cave.

I didn't like when they brought in Lex's long lost brother for one episode never to be mentioned again, undermined the Julian business.

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure I enjoyed the pilot.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-21-2007, 04:15 PM
Promo shot for you there, kids. http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6036

And I hope that they haven't killed Chloe off as I found her FAAAAAAAAAR more tolerable and enjoyable than Lana. Still kinda iffy on how this season could go. My hope are that Supergirl here kind of fine tunes Clarks abilities and we end the season (and probably series) with Clark officially heading to Metropolis and starting his Superman life. We'll see though. :thumbsup:

Tycho
07-21-2007, 04:48 PM
Oooh! HOT! HOT! HOT! :love::love::love:

I used to try to get my last ex-girlfriend to dress up as Supergirl. She kind of had that same look going. It's been a while since I've been into blondes (absense makes the heart grow fonder I guess), but I'm going to get to see Laura at Comic Con in exactly 1 week and 4 hours from now! :love::love::love:

To be followed by Sara Silverman, too!

I'm one of those guys that "plot" doesn't necessarily have to come into the picture sometimes. They could just focus on an actress for the hour and I would have thought it was awesome.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-21-2007, 05:49 PM
I'm one of those guys that "plot" doesn't necessarily have to come into the picture sometimes. They could just focus on an actress for the hour and I would have thought it was awesome.

and that Tycho is why I think you're a......ah, nevermind. Not the right place for it. :p

figrin bran
07-21-2007, 07:59 PM
Promo shot for you there, kids. http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6036

And I hope that they haven't killed Chloe off as I found her FAAAAAAAAAR more tolerable and enjoyable than Lana. Still kinda iffy on how this season could go. My hope are that Supergirl here kind of fine tunes Clarks abilities and we end the season (and probably series) with Clark officially heading to Metropolis and starting his Superman life. We'll see though. :thumbsup:

I think most of us that post in this thread like Chloe more than Lana

I couldn't help but laugh when i saw the photo of Laura V. because she's going to be wearing that outfit in every episode. The colors might change like the top might be red one week but that's about it.

Tycho
07-21-2007, 08:45 PM
and that Tycho is why I think you're a......MAN OF GREAT TASTE AND SOPHISTOCATION. :p

Why thank you, JMG. It comes with my genius designation. :pleased:

JetsAndHeels
07-22-2007, 08:37 AM

No wonder you've enjoyed the last 2-3 seasons.

Rocketboy
07-22-2007, 10:06 AM
She looks hungry.

JediTricks
07-23-2007, 01:45 AM

Bye bye, last shred of dignity left in the series.

figrin bran
07-25-2007, 11:17 PM
There are no pics of it yet but DC Direct will be making another wave of Smallville figures

Clark
Green Arrow
Aquaman
Impulse
Cyborg
Bizzarro

JetsAndHeels
07-25-2007, 11:40 PM
I'll take one of each. Thanks for the info FB.

figrin bran
07-25-2007, 11:54 PM
I think i'd like a set as well!

Heels, I know this isn't really the thread for it but I just wanted to give you a heads up on the Legion happy meal promotion at McDonald's that starts on August 3. I'll have to look for the pics again but they look pretty sweet! There's 8 of them, including Supes and Brainy and they come in this nice looking clamshell sort of case with great artwork on it as well as a collector card. I can't tell how big the figures are but my guess would be around the size of the smaller McD's TMNT figures with the action features.

JetsAndHeels
07-26-2007, 12:27 AM
Heels, I know this isn't really the thread for it but I just wanted to give you a heads up on the Legion happy meal promotion at McDonald's that starts on August 3. I'll have to look for the pics again but they look pretty sweet! There's 8 of them, including Supes and Brainy and they come in this nice looking clamshell sort of case with great artwork on it as well as a collector card. I can't tell how big the figures are but my guess would be around the size of the smaller McD's TMNT figures with the action features.

Sounds great...I am looking forward to getting these.
I actually have a friend who works at a Mickey D's in another town who got me the entire TMNT display and the toys. He may be able to help me out on this one too.

figrin bran
07-26-2007, 01:02 AM
J&H, you think your friend might be able to help me with a set as well? Even though I live only 4 blocks away from a McD's, I still wasn't able to finish the TMNT set. Depending on what scale the toys are, I might be able to use some as custom fodder to go with my JLU figures.

JetsAndHeels
07-26-2007, 01:00 PM
J&H, you think your friend might be able to help me with a set as well? Even though I live only 4 blocks away from a McD's, I still wasn't able to finish the TMNT set. Depending on what scale the toys are, I might be able to use some as custom fodder to go with my JLU figures.

Sure, I'll see what I can do.

Tycho
07-29-2007, 01:20 AM
There are no pics of it yet but DC Direct will be making another wave of Smallville figures

They showed the unpainted prototypes in the Smallville panel at Comic Con.

The panel guests included Martain Manhunter (he was very cool), Supergirl, Lois, Green Arrow, the executive producers. Mike Rosenbaum wasn't there due to a big back surgery operation.

The panel was pretty fun. I sat with JediTricks who has his own (less positive) take on it.

figrin bran
07-29-2007, 01:35 AM
They showed the unpainted prototypes in the Smallville panel at Comic Con.

The panel guests included Martain Manhunter (he was very cool), Supergirl, Lois, Green Arrow, the executive producers. Mike Rosenbaum wasn't there due to a big back surgery operation.

The panel was pretty fun. I sat with JediTricks who has his own (less positive) take on it.

That seems to always be the case with you two, doesn't it? :p

JetsAndHeels
07-30-2007, 04:07 PM
New info on Dean Cain's role in the upcoming season 7 of Smallville:

Dean will be appearing in the seventh season's fourth episode, "Cure," playing a doctor who we think is named Curtis Knox.

The possibly-villainous Dr. Knox has a special talent - he can "cure" someone from being a "meteor freak," forever changing their lives and rehabilitating them. This news, of course, is of special interest to Chloe. But Dr. Knox may have yet another secret which may mean his deeds aren't necessarily that good.

Dr. Knox is working for or with Lex Luthor, so expect some scenes between Dean and Michael Rosenbaum. He might also tie into the over-arcing Level 33.1 story.

JetsAndHeels
08-01-2007, 12:19 AM
Here (http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=3729) are some pics of erica durance, justin hartley, and supergirl herself Laura Vandervoort from the San Diego comic con. Enjoy.

figrin bran
08-01-2007, 01:05 AM
Laura V. kind of looks like the JLU animated Supergirl custom I made

my supergirl custom figure (http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s161/brnder/e692f59a.jpg)

JetsAndHeels
08-01-2007, 10:38 PM
FB, very nice figure. And on that note, some info regarding Helen Slater's possible cameo on Smallville.

Supergirl Helen Slater may return to 'Smallville'

BY JOSEPH DIONISIO

Nearly a quarter-century after soaring the galaxy as the big screen Supergirl, Helen Slater isn't too interested in flying beyond her ZIP code. This supermom's kryptonite is being on a movie set thousands of miles away from her little girl.

"Since I'm raising a kid, I'm hoping to go back to the [TV] series world in L.A.," said the Massapequa-born actress, who lives in Los Angeles with husband Rob Watzke and daughter Hannah, 11. Slater tells Newsday that "'Smallville's' producers are looking to bring me back, as Supergirl's aunt."

The popular CW show recently launched a successful search for the newest version of the great American heroine. So who will play her? A Canadian, actually. A CW spokesman says the part will go to Toronto native Laura Vandervoort, who was 60 days old when "Supergirl" hit theaters in 1984.

Although Slater earned favorable reviews for her work as Supergirl - Superman's cousin, Kara Zor-El - critics savaged the film, prompting the cancellation of two sequels. She believes that mimicking the Man of Steel simply created a Woman of Steal.

"The character was just a female replica of Superman, so [it] never made a viable story," Slater says. "It didn't really tap into what Supergirl was experiencing. Hopefully 'Smallville' gets it right."

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Slater tells Newsday that "'Smallville's' producers are looking to bring me back, as Supergirl's aunt."

If this happens, it better be via flashback or memory crystal or something cos i don't want yet ANOTHER survivor of Krypton showing up on the show.

JediTricks
08-05-2007, 08:16 PM
That seems to always be the case with you two, doesn't it? :p
Well, it helped that it was a really LAME panel that said almost nothing and was truncated by 20 minutes or so. Of course, Tycho just likes being in the presence of Smallville anything, despite a lack of Kristin Kreuk news. They had a couple minutes of spoiler video after like 10 minutes of rehashing what we had already seen, that was a massive waste of time. Then the spoiler video for next season was too quick and Kara was ditzy and blonde-cliched, and it just felt like a real snore. The best parts of the panel were the energy from Phil "Martian Manhunter" Morris (awesome fanboy turned cool dude), occasional flashes of interesting from Erica Durance (I like her more when she's not Lois it turns out, she's fiesty without being 1-dimensional) and Justin "Green Arrow" Hartley. But ultimately there just wasn't much to cling to.

The funniest part of the dichotomy between me and Tycho in that room was that when Smallville was over, we stuck around for the Sarah Silverman Program panel which I loved and he didn't care for. :D

Tycho
08-09-2007, 02:56 PM
The rumor on my Smallville forum is that Supergirl has been slated for a TV series of her own - a spinoff from Smallville that begins after SV sn 7.

Right now, I just don't feel down for watching a Supergirl show. What do you think?

JediTricks
08-09-2007, 04:46 PM
I thought that rumor was posted here like a month ago or more.

JetsAndHeels
08-09-2007, 05:33 PM
This bit of news from supermanhomepage pretty much tells it all concerning any supergirl spinoff:

UPDATE: We've received official word from Al Gough, co-creator of "Smallville", regarding this story. Al says, "No plans at this moment, but it is not out of the realm of possibilities, let's see how the character is received in the show first." So it seems either The Advertiser or Laura's grandfather jumped the gun.

Droid
08-09-2007, 05:36 PM
Well I hope she is not well received at all. I hope they kill her within several episodes because they can see it just isn't working and undermines Superman as the only non-criminal Kryptonian who survived Krypton's destruction!

figrin bran
08-10-2007, 02:41 AM
The rumor on my Smallville forum is that Supergirl has been slated for a TV series of her own - a spinoff from Smallville that begins after SV sn 7.

Right now, I just don't feel down for watching a Supergirl show. What do you think?

If I watched Birds of Prey, I'll watch this as well.

Heels, I've bookmarked that Supes homepage now. A "Smash Lana" video game? gotta love it! :p

Tycho
08-10-2007, 02:57 AM
I watched Birds of Prey when it was on, too. But I preferred that the characters were more closely based on reality, rather than extreme leaps of fantasy.

I used Wikipedia and did my research on two Supes villains I just DON'T want to see:

Darkseid and Doomsday.

More alien stuff and not-quite human, handled (with Doomsday) as the most undefeatable enemy.

He was genetically engineered from the remains of every death his Kryptonian creator could imagine so that every time he'd come back, he'd be more invulnerable. Hmmm. Actually, it kind of sounds intriguing, but an enemy you can't use very often. Clark would have to use his head to trap Doomsday and not kill him - as if he died, he'd only come back stronger. Of course, Clark doesn't know that yet.

With Darkseid, he's an alien "prince" with god-like powers. Star Trek fans might relate to Clark vs. Q almost, except there's nothing jovial about Darkseid. I also think it's hard to make him fit into a more realistic format, but I guess it could be done. We saw Martian Manhunter (whom I sort of am getting used to) shoot laser beams out of his eyes on Smallville (this is a little bit further fetched than Clark's invisible (to everyone else) heat vision - though I know Clark is supposed to develop laser beam eyes as well.

But Darkseid having god-like powers? I guess you almost have to have villains like that to challenge a guy like Superman (the future Superman).

Now comes the question whether I'll accept that in a Bryan Singer movie. I don't know. It depends on how it is done. I guess I lived with the AllSpark. :rolleyes:

JetsAndHeels
08-10-2007, 11:55 AM
Heels, I've bookmarked that Supes homepage now. A "Smash Lana" video game? gotta love it! :p

Oh yeah..that site is the best when it comes to Supes info IMO.
Enjoy.

figrin bran
08-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Why is that exact same post by Tycho also in the Superman Returns thread????

and what sort of Superman fan has to go to wikipedia to find out about Darkseid and Doomsday???

The Smash Lana game was really fun btw :p A version for the Wii would be even better!

JetsAndHeels
08-10-2007, 12:26 PM
and what sort of Superman fan has to go to wikipedia to find out about Darkseid and Doomsday???

The kind that thinks Smallville is a good incarnation of the Superman story.

Tycho
08-10-2007, 01:33 PM
I'm a Smallville fan and that got me interested in Superman again.

I am not really a Superman fan, but I own and enjoy the first two Reeves films and SR. I'm also looking forward to whatever Bryan Singer does next with the franchise. Kevin Spacey as Lex is awesome (as is Mike Rosenbaum).

My posts in the two threads are a lot of copy-pasting, but they are not identical. I edited and changed a lot in them because the points they make are slightly different.

JediTricks
08-10-2007, 05:11 PM
If I watched Birds of Prey, I'll watch this as well.Don't you feel the least bit cheap for saying that though? :p BoP was really bad, I hated it, but I did watch every episode hoping it'd not suck.

I watched Birds of Prey when it was on, too. But I preferred that the characters were more closely based on reality, rather than extreme leaps of fantasy.Transformers, Star Wars, Smallville... hmm, not sure what you're getting at there. ;)

I used Wikipedia and did my research on two Supes villains I just DON'T want to see:

Darkseid and Doomsday.

More alien stuff and not-quite human, handled (with Doomsday) as the most undefeatable enemy.Doomsday has his place in Supes lore, Superman needed that guy to take him down a peg. But then they went back to that well and ruined it. Plus, I'm not even sure if I wanted them to explain him - he was just trouble, that was good enough for me.

As for Darkseid, I never ever liked him or any of Kirby's New Gods, all of that is taken to far extremes that don't fit Supes very well at all. I know *some folks* here will take me to task on that one, but it's true none the less.