PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing Race: Season 10

UKWildcat
09-08-2006, 02:00 AM
Might as well get a thread started since it starts in a little over a week.

Here are the contestants (http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race10/).

Who do ya like?

The Season Premiere is Sunday, Sept 17th @ 8:30 PM ET.

I'm very much looking forward to this season! :thumbsup:

Banthaholic
09-08-2006, 03:06 AM
I can't wait, this is one of the the good shows. Plus Phil is so much better than Julie Chen :)

I'll have to look at the cast now and pick out the hotties.

UKWildcat
09-08-2006, 03:15 AM
I can't wait, this is one of the the good shows. Plus Phil is so much better than Julie Chen :)

Amen brother!!!

I'll have to look at the cast now and pick out the hotties.

That won't be too hard... *cough* Dustin & Kandice *cough**cough*Kellie & Jamie *cough* ;) :D

OC47150
09-11-2006, 11:25 AM
Banthaholic and UK, you're team #2! My little tribute to Phil.

Really looking forward to TAR. An interesting collection of teams.

An observation that's not meant to be offensive: I admire the two Muslem gentlemen for saying true to their religious beliefs, but I think they're appearance and dress may hinder them in some places. I know the Hippies had a time of it last season because of their appearance.

OC47150
09-18-2006, 08:34 AM
Wow, a new twist for AR!! I like it!! :thumbsup:

Overall, a good choice of teams. I think this will be a good edition. No one team to really dislike...yet. :razz:

I told my Mom, wouldn't it be neat, for once, if the teams went west instead of east first. That's a nice change, too.

I really would've liked to seen Bilal and Sa'eed gone further and saw how their religion worked into game play. They seemed like nice guys.

I don't know if I could've got my fat butt up the Great Wall, either.

pegger
09-18-2006, 09:06 PM
It was an awesome 1st episode - really ups the ante - can't be last on ANY of the parts of the race.

oh - and I was AT that part of the Great Wall too!!!!

I felt sad to see the Muslim guys and the Indian couple go....both went out due to tough breaks....

No one on the show I hate yet tho....

I'm glad they went West too for a change.

OC47150
09-19-2006, 08:25 AM
Look at it this way: the Indian couple and the Muslems get a free around-the-world vacation for the next month. :thumbsup: Can't beat that.

When it was announced that Rob and Kim were a dating couple, my mother and I looked at each other and said 'they're not going to make it.' Everyone knows the dating couple's don't last on this show. It's a true test of a relationship.

dindae
09-19-2006, 02:55 PM
I was surprised at two teams being let go on the first race, although I didn't see it as a major twist. I was hoping that Bilal and Sa'eed would have gotten farther just to get a non war related image of Muslims on TV, but the ethnic diversity went away so quickly they could change the name to "The Master Race". Right now I'm leaning towards the Peter & Sarah and Duke & Lauren as being the teams I will root for.

UKWildcat
09-20-2006, 11:46 PM
I just got through watching the Premiere and thought it was great. I love the twist(s) as well.

I pretty much like everyone except for Tom and Jerry (its Terry, I know).

I kinda like Peter and Sarah although I don't like how they use her disability to get ahead. The plane thing didn't really bother me at first, but when they hailed the cab and pointed to her leg and said "emergency", I was really agitated. They say they are strong and as good as anyone else (and they are) but then they use her disability to get ahead. Seems hypocritical to me. I do tip my hat to Sarah though for being as strong and competitive as she is and only having one leg; it is truly amazing. It will be interesting to see how much more they use her leg/disability to get ahead and to see how it frustrates and makes the other teams mad (like the Single Moms).

Right now I'm pulling for Kellie and Jamie, Rob and Booberly, I mean Kimberly, :D and Erwin and Godwin.

Gotta love David and Mary. I hope they stick around for a while b/c they seem to be the comic relief of this season. lol

Overall they have a pretty good group. Very diverse too... :yes:

OC47150
09-25-2006, 09:48 AM
* Rob and Kim. Those crazy kids don't stand a chance, do they?

* Mom and I are hoping the Kentucky couple will stay around for a while, just for the entertainment value. The things that come out of their mouths!

* Hey cheerleaders, how about a cheer?!?

* You have to wonder how long were the cheerleaders tried shooting the arrows. My sister said, look the field's on fire. You'd think one little flame would jump over to the target and catch it on fire.

pegger
09-25-2006, 10:37 AM
Why any dating couple goes on this show is beyond me. I wouldn't even take my wife on this show - I KNOW we'd end up divorced after the first episode!!!!

Cheerleaders made a big mistake - by turning around, and that's what cost them the game. I like how in this game 1 mistake and you are out.

I hope the hicks stick around too. They are gut retching funny...

OC47150
09-25-2006, 10:51 AM
Quote of the week: "We've never met gay people before. They're nice!"

The only person I could to AR with is my brother. I could cuss him, hit him, slap him and at the end of the day he'd still be my brother.

dindae
09-25-2006, 11:01 AM
The Kentucky couple are definately interesting to keep around. It was definately a week of potential meltdowns. I love it when the show grabs the 3rd world junk-mobiles and waits for them to break down. I was shocked to see how far the Kentucky team drove that jeep into the mud. The best part of teams bicker is when one is telling the other how to do the challenge when they have no idea what they are talking about.

OC47150
10-02-2006, 09:44 AM
I think the highlight of this episode was visiting the Hanoi Hilton. Very moving experience.

After last week, I thought Duke and Lauren had a chance of winning. Guess I'm wrong.

pegger
10-02-2006, 10:37 AM
I think the highlight of this episode was visiting the Hanoi Hilton. Very moving experience.

After last week, I thought Duke and Lauren had a chance of winning. Guess I'm wrong.

I was actaully SHCOKED that only 2 teams stopped to pass a minute of silence there. I give both the gay guys (OK - Terry) and the brothers credit for doing that, they have class. the other teams don't.

I wasn't surpirsed to see Duke and Lauren go - they were making TOO many mistakes - although the gay guys REALLY messed up - going 2nd to last.....

I'm very impressed in how well the coal miner and wife are doing! That was hilarious at the detour - I'm a coal miner!!! We're doing the coal!

OC47150
10-02-2006, 04:40 PM
Pardon the pun, the Duke's biggest mistake was getting taken for a ride by the Vietnamese woman. Even though the museum didn't open until the morning, he was taken.

dindae
10-02-2006, 05:14 PM
I can only imagine how long Lauren with keep those mistakes to throw back in his face. On the exit interviews she didn't say one word. The Kentucky team is starting to grow on me some, although with her ankle I don't expect them to make it to the end. I was rooting for Duke and Lauren I guess I will start pulling for Peter & Sara.

OC47150
10-02-2006, 05:23 PM
The ankle is going to slow Mary down.

CBS did green-light another season of AR. It's scheduled to air in the spring.

UKWildcat
10-02-2006, 11:59 PM
I thought last night was a pretty good episode. I would have much rather seen Tom and Jerry get kicked off though; I can not stand them.

The Kentuckians are awesome. I hope they stick around for a while.

OC47150
10-09-2006, 09:44 AM
* Here's the quote of the week from Amazing Race: you're pulling a freakin' boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* I will miss Tom and Terry. They brought a lot of humor to the show, especially last night. Sprawled out in the chairs on the junk like it was a Caribbean cruise was funny.

*My mom and I haven't laughed so much as the teams tried to row their boats.

* Rob and Kim. Still doomed. It's written in the stars. Rob's definitely a Type A personality. THE alpha male.

* Sarah and Peter. The jury's out but I think she'd better cut and run while she can.

* The beauty queens haven't behaved any differently than other teams in the past. I think a couple of the current teams have it out against them because they are beauty queens.

dindae
10-09-2006, 11:18 AM
Can't say I'm surprise at Tom and Terry leaving nor can I say they will be missed much for me. Rob and Kim seem to be able to have thier arguements and then let things go said in the heat of the moment so I don't know. Sarah and Peter are probably in a worse spot relationship wise. I don't think Sarah's mind's eye picture of Peter matches reality. The beauty queens are making enemies when they shouldn't. There is no reason to cut lines before you get to the first roadblock. You will at most save five minutes which is nothing to make up that early in the race. Now at the end I can see it because it is every team for itself but right now it's just dumb.

UKWildcat
10-11-2006, 03:26 AM
* Rob and Kim. Still doomed. It's written in the stars. Rob's definitely a Type A personality. THE alpha male.

I think so too, even though they are sitting in first place.

I was absolutely thrilled to see Tom and Jerry go. They were obnoxious and had to go IMO.

I'm not a big fan of team Sarah and Peter. I don't think they are right for each other either. I don't mind Sarah but that Peter is just horrible, a real tool he is. I was absolutely dumbfounded when she did the roadblock considering how much she struggled with that wall during the first leg. :confused:!!!! But then I remembered what a pansy Peter was.

Glad the Kentuckians are still around. I'm pulling for them to win this thing. :D I know, I know... they don't have a chance. lol

Pretty good ep. although I'm totally hating the new time slot. Since football is on, amongst other things, I have to record TAR and watch it days later. I just got around to watching it tonight. :neutral:

OC47150
10-11-2006, 08:36 AM
I'm not crazy about the time slot, either. It's on at the same time as the Simpsons!!:upset:

I watch the show with my mom. She and dad go out on Sunday nights. If they're not home by 8, I tape AR and we watch it at 9.

dindae
10-12-2006, 09:02 AM
I was absolutely dumbfounded when she did the roadblock considering how much she struggled with that wall during the first leg. :confused:!!!! But then I remembered what a pansy Peter was.

I saw this differently. My girlfriend who has cystic fibrosis will often do things to prove that she can. Unless I want to cause big problems I will not try to stop her. Now my girlfriend did say the Sarah was stupid for doing this stunt instead of Peter, but I think it was probably Sarah's choice or at least not entirely Peter's.

OC47150
10-16-2006, 09:50 AM
We were hoping that last night's episode would be a non-elimination round for Mary and David's sake. I think they have a lot of support behind them.

dindae
10-16-2006, 11:15 AM
Yeah I was glad it was non elimination for them. Peter is really becoming an ***. The Barbies are funny. They keep getting offended by others playing the game the way they are. They will get no love from any team. I like the change they made to the non eliminations. It is definately more of a penalty. Before if you were a cute girl or made friends you didn't really lose that much. It even had the potential to make you faster since it meant you no longer had bags to weigh you down. The Cho Brothers cracked me up with the fake cell phone but that could have really backfired on them.

OC47150
10-16-2006, 11:36 AM
Now if the fast forward is offered at all in the next round, David and Mary should go for it.

Still, if they get lucky and get ahead of a team or two, I think they'll be okay.

UKWildcat
10-19-2006, 12:50 PM
I just got around to watching last weeks ep. and I too was glad it was a non-elimination leg. I would have hated to see Dave and Mary go. I am really pulling for them. Hopefully they'll come in first next week, although I think that is unlikely; but we shall see. I just hope they don't get eliminated next week. :nerv: Good episode and I like the new rule change. :thumbsup:

Peter is really becoming an ***.

Amen brother!

OC47150
10-23-2006, 01:55 PM
Win or lose, the Cho brothers are winners for what they did for Mary and David. That took a lot of guts. It could've backfired, too, but it didn't.

Not sorry that Peter was eliminated, but am for Sarah. Liked her. A real go-getter.

But did you notice that when Peter and Sarah were in Kuwait, they had a California handicap sticker with them? Smart to remember to pack that accessory!

The tide of fortune has turned on the beauty queens. They're not everyone's favorite any more.

dindae
10-24-2006, 10:19 AM
Yeah I'm rooting for the Cho Brothers now. I like the male models too but I would be surprised if they won. They seem to make a bunch of bad choices on tasks and sooner or later it will bite them.

OC47150
10-30-2006, 03:41 PM
David and Mary must be the luckiest team to ever appear on AR. Twice they could've gotten eliminated and have been saved!

Next week's twist will be interesting. I hope the Barbies and the Bama women have to work together.

dindae
10-30-2006, 05:33 PM
Yeah Kentucky is definately stumbling through the race. I think that Kentucky will end up with the Barbies. I was surprised that having an accident was so easy to resolve especially in a foreign country. I think I waited longer for a cop to show up when I was in downtown Nashville and someone rearended me then they did for the whole accident.

UKWildcat
10-30-2006, 09:51 PM
I missed last nights episode b/c my dvr didn't record it for whatever reason. I read where the Kentuckians weren't eliminated b/c of another non-elim. leg. You are right OC, can't get any luckier than they have. Did I miss anything else important?

Thanks.

dindae
10-31-2006, 09:42 AM
No not really just the "sixpack" (Chos, Bama, and KY) are going to stick together until they destroy themselves. None of them seem to be strong players but they decide to wait on each other to compound the issue.

UKWildcat
10-31-2006, 11:35 PM
Ok, cool. Thanks dindae.

I really like the Cho's and they are one of the teams that I wouldn't mind seeing win. But... if they don't break away from Bama and KY then they won't have a chance to win. Bama and KY are just too slow. I do like how they help eachother out though. Even if the Chos don't win, I will still applaud them for letting KY take that Fastforward. :yes: :thumbsup:

So how did the teams finish this past week? If you all remember? I know Ky was last. :( Btw, do they still have to finish first in order to not get eliminated or get that 30 min. penalty?

dindae
11-01-2006, 09:57 AM
The ranking was
1 Barbies
2 Nagging couple
3 Male models
4 Cho Bros
5 Bama
6 Ky

The have the same penalty for non elimination round. The sad thing is that the choice of challenges was the key. Everyone but the Barbies chose you to search through large salt piles for salt shakers with a clue. I couldn't believe that many people chose that option. Sure you can get lucky but you can also really shoot yourself.

UKWildcat
11-01-2006, 10:31 PM
The Barbies coming in first? Wow! I can't stand them anymore and they actually have a serious shot at winning this thing, and would be the first Girl-Girl team to do so, correct?

I can see Bama and Ky getting kicked off the next couple of weeks, which should make for a more fast paced and more exciting show that any of the remaining teams could win. There could be a very good back-stretch to this season! :yes::thumbsup:

I will be sad to see KY go though. :(

dindae
11-02-2006, 09:31 AM
The Barbies coming in first? Wow! I can't stand them anymore and they actually have a serious shot at winning this thing, and would be the first Girl-Girl team to do so, correct?

Yeah they would be the first.

OC47150
11-06-2006, 08:52 AM
It really broke my heart that David and Mary lost. They will be missed.

For a second, I thought Kim wasn't going to be able to eat the cow lips and she and Rob were going to have to do the challenges.

The family is rooting for the Cho brothers. It's more than a game to them; it's an adventure.

dindae
11-06-2006, 09:29 AM
There was really no way for David and Mary to be saved this week unless they were first. The half hour penalty was pretty huge. I would say that the whole show only took 3 hours at most after the plane ride.

UKWildcat
11-10-2006, 02:23 AM
Well, I was very sad to hear that Dave and Mary got booted off TAR. I actually didn't get to see the episode, the new time slot is absolutely killing me!

Here is some good news concerning Dave and Mary; Rosie seriously hooked them up on The View. No, I don't watch the View, my mom told me about this. lol Seriously... Anyways... Evidentally, Dave and Mary were Rosies favorite on the show so she really hooked them up when they were kicked off. Rosie had a 3 Bedroom, 2.5 bath, House built for them - Goodbye trailer! Awesome eh? She also gave them a brand new Ford Explorer and an all expense paid trip to somewhere (I forgot). Of course Dave and Mary were thrilled but they said they wouldn't accept the trip unless the Cho brothers could go as well... so... Rosie hooked the Cho's up with the trip as well. Pretty sweet eh? I still fell bad that they got kicked off the show, but I was glad to see them get severely hooked up by Rosie! Very cool! :yes: :thumbsup:

OC47150
11-10-2006, 08:47 AM
That says a lot about Rosie. Regardless of what you might think of her, she is a good person.

Thanks for sharing that, UK. I hadn't heard that.

dindae
11-10-2006, 12:56 PM
Well that was cool of her but I guess that doesn't bode well for the Chos winning. Oh well.

OC47150
11-10-2006, 01:31 PM
Here's an article about what David and Mary got from the View.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/ousted-race-couple-dave-and-mary-conley-showered-with-view-gifts-4407.php

OC47150
11-15-2006, 01:53 PM
When it was five till the hour, I knew it was going to be a 'continue racing' episode.

Even though I've never skiied, I would've had to try the ski challenge.

Keeping my fingers crossed that Rob and Kim will be eliminated next. Don't really care for them.

dindae
11-15-2006, 02:00 PM
I'm hoping Bama goes home. They are hanging around the Cho's neck like a noose. I'm glad to hear them say their alliance is over. I just hope it isn't too late for them to come to that realization.

pegger
11-20-2006, 10:15 AM
Well Cho's - that's what you get for being nice. I do have to say they seem like stand up guys tho.

OC47150
11-20-2006, 10:29 AM
The Cho family can be proud of the boys. They ran a good race.

But if it were me, I'd ditched the Bama girls a long time ago. They didn't contribute much to the group.

OC47150
11-28-2006, 08:56 AM
The BQs didn't have their A game on this week. They made costly, stupid little mistakes.

I predict the final sprint to the finish line will come down to BQs and the model, unless they really screw up next week.

Rob and Kim have the worst luck with vehicles.

FYI -- the next edition of AR started filming last week. It's an all-star edition. Rob and Amber (yuck) are confirmed as to be participating, as well as David and Mary.

dindae
11-28-2006, 10:16 AM
Well I don't think I could have asked for more this episode. I knew that it was a non elimination leg since the last three seasons have had a non elimination when the teams got down to 4. I'm glad the Blondes came in last mainly because I want the ex-drug addicts to win and they are the biggest competition. I was impressed by Bama and thought it was hyterical that everyone was shocked at how well they did. I'm sorry that the Cho's got sent home last week but seeing how many times they had to ask for directions it explains why they were part of the Six pack.

OC47150
12-04-2006, 11:10 AM
* Boy, what about the Bama moms!! In second place and the first all-female team in the final three.

* It doesn't bother me to see the Beauty Queens/Barbies gone. Yes, they were good players but their attitudes changed somewhere along the way. Mom said the BQ with darker blonde hair reminded her of Allison from Big Brother.

* I thought it was funny that Rob and one of the Bama moms were enjoying throwing tomatoes back a little too much. Rob acted like a baseball player: pulling back and releasing hard.

* Here's my prediction for next week: The first hour will be in Europe somwhere, then to Canada and end in New York. The cabs looked like NYC to me.

dindae
12-04-2006, 12:12 PM
Yeah I'm glad Phil gave credit to the Bama moms since he always seemed to mention it to the BQ but not to Bama. I was surprised that both teams found the clues so easily in the tomatoes after the salt shakers episode. I don't think I would have wasted time throwing tomatoes back since it was such it didn't seem to phase the people throwing the tomatoes. It will be interesting to see what happens next week since each team has proven they can screw things up at the drop of a hat.

pegger
12-04-2006, 01:37 PM
The models should win it. I can't think of a critical error that they have made...also following the BQs was a FANTASTIC move, in terms of make sure they eliminated them.

dindae
12-04-2006, 02:10 PM
They have made too many huge mistake but they have gotten lost a few times and chosen the wrong tasks. None of which were devastating errors but they did come in next to last a few weeks. I'm hoping they win and with the competetion they have I'm pretty confident they will but all it could take is missing a turn in the US or getting a bad cab and you're out a million dollars.

OC47150
12-04-2006, 02:29 PM
Ah, that final cab ride. How many teams have lost because they picked a bad cabbie? :shocked:

UKWildcat
12-04-2006, 10:58 PM
I've given up on this show this season. The new time slot has absolutely killed it for me. I hope the past few eps have been good... When is the finale?

OC47150
12-05-2006, 08:57 AM
Sunday.

Yeah, the new time slot isn't the best. When football runs over, at least I get to see the Simpsons. :thumbsup:

OC47150
12-11-2006, 08:25 AM
I can live with James and Tyler winning. Actually, I could live with any of the final three. Good teams.

Bama was doomed when they missed the Paris to New York flight. No way to make up three hours. Figure the cab took them from the airport to the mat.

I was wondering if the early train would doom James and Tyler and Bama, too.

I liked the one-hour finale format. It was fast-paced. Didn't seem stretched out like it has been in the past.

And it's always good to see all the teams at the winner's mat, too. You kinda forget about some of them.

pegger
12-11-2006, 09:03 AM
The one hour format was great. It kept the game very fast paced.

Once Bama missed the flight - I was SO happy! They were the only team I didn't want to win.

As I told my mother-in-law - It's all about Karma. They ditched their alliance...and karma bit them in the rear.

The ending was pretty tense too. I wasn't sure if the boys would win it.

This was a great season. Can't wait till the next one!

dindae
12-11-2006, 10:23 AM
I wasn't thrilled about the 1 hour format. After a two hour last week this seemed less significant. The challenges also seemed really easy. Perhaps it was just that no one made any mistakes so there was nothing for the editing team to work with. The only really turning point in the show was the plane ride which was nothing the teams could control. I'm happy that James and Tyler won. While they weren't my favorites, they were definately my favorites at the end. I sometimes wonder about the teams that get sent home the first week and how they feel about being on the mat at the end.