PDA

View Full Version : NFL Two-Thousand Six (or MMVI)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Kidhuman
10-16-2006, 09:14 PM
You cant count preseason games as your starters do not play the whole game in football.

bobafrett
10-16-2006, 09:33 PM
Back to the Bears, i wont be able to catch much of the game, i dont get off of work until 10.

Don't worry, I was at work, and I left at half time with the Bears down 20 - 0
and they are being shown up on both sides of the ball. When I left, they only had two first downs in the entire half.

figrin bran
10-16-2006, 09:45 PM
You'd think it was Rex Grossman that was the rookie QB!

i'm not sure who i want to win...i hate Leinart with a passion and yet i need the Bears Defense to give up even more points so i can win a fantasy football game and i also need more field goals from Gould to win another game.

2-1B
10-16-2006, 09:47 PM
They're coming back now, Frett, they're only down 20-3...they're catching up ! lol lol lol

Lord Malakite
10-16-2006, 09:51 PM
You cant count preseason games as your starters do not play the whole game in football.
I can if I want to. Just because their starters aren't in there doesn't mean you can't count the game for a complete undefeated season. Makes it more interesting that way.:p

bobafrett
10-16-2006, 09:54 PM
They're coming back now, Frett, they're only down 20-3...they're catching up ! lol lol lol

I'm curled in the fetal position in front of my computer. I need a hug, and so does Rex. Maybe I could hug Rex when the return home. :love:

2-1B
10-16-2006, 10:25 PM
He left for Arizona as a Bear...but will return as a wounded Cub. :(

UKWildcat
10-16-2006, 10:29 PM
Man, Grossman has looked wretched tonight.

Wonder if this Arizona Def. touchdown will stand?

Edit: Nah, it's coming back.

2-1B
10-16-2006, 10:32 PM
I turned it off already, now watching Seinfeld on TBS before bedtime. :grin:

UKWildcat
10-16-2006, 10:46 PM
You might want to switch back Cae, Bears just got another Def. TD to make it a close one. The Cards are only up by 6 now. :eek:

JimJamBonds
10-16-2006, 10:47 PM
I turned it off already, now watching Seinfeld on TBS before bedtime. :grin:

You should have kept the game on C. that Bear D is keeping them in the game (after of course that Bear D. let Arizona get a lead). Thanks to that second D touchdown I'll win in one of my fantasy leagues. :pleased:

UKWildcat
10-16-2006, 10:51 PM
Hester strikes again!!!!! OMG!!!! :eek:

JimJamBonds
10-16-2006, 10:54 PM
Holy carp Batman!!!

UKWildcat
10-16-2006, 10:55 PM
No kidding JJB. I'm sure that Hester play really helped in your fantasy league.

Lets get Rackers in FG range. I could use a few more points in my league. :thumbsup:

2-1B
10-16-2006, 10:59 PM
I turned it back on before UrSlacker ripped the ball from Edge...so I've been following it since !

Looks like Rackers will get a shot.

JimJamBonds
10-16-2006, 11:03 PM
No kidding JJB. I'm sure that Hester play really helped in your fantasy league.

I was winning before that fumble and touchdown but I'll take it since Az is about to kick a field goal.

2-1B
10-16-2006, 11:03 PM
FG ? ? ? ? ? Really ? lol lol lol lol lol

JimJamBonds
10-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Thus I'll then be losing points so I'm happy for the extra cushion that td provided. :D

EDIT:

Nevermind.

UKWildcat
10-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Awwwwww man!!!!! lol

Kidhuman
10-16-2006, 11:06 PM
I cant believe they won.

2-1B
10-16-2006, 11:07 PM

I TOLD YOU SO ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Seriously though, I am delighted because Chicago was my 13 pointer this week...and as of yesterday I slid by two points to 2nd place in a pool I'm in, however my 13 trumps my friend's 9 on Chicago so now I'll be back in 1st.

Right where I belong. lol

kool-aid killer
10-16-2006, 11:10 PM
What a fourth quarter! I came home to see the score was 23-10 in favor of Arizona and then the magic began. Holy cow, that was probably one of the most exciting quarters ive ever seen (at least, from the viewpoint of a Bears fan) in any type of football. That final field goal attempt by Arizona had me sweating like no other, but it went wide and i about screamed my head off. Im proud of the defense, they were able to overcome 6 turnovers and a offense that took the day off to pull out the win. Grossman owes them guys a nice dinner when theyre back in Chicago. Im sleeping good tonight.

UKWildcat
10-16-2006, 11:10 PM
I cant believe they won.

You're not the only one. I dont' believe Rackers missed that last 40yd FG. He was the best Kicker in the league last year. Now he is just meh. I don't get it. :confused::whip:

JetsAndHeels
10-16-2006, 11:11 PM
A 40 yard FG, no winds, nothing and he misses.
Great win for the Bears, awful loss for the Cards.

pbarnard
10-16-2006, 11:15 PM
But that's why they're the Arizona Cardinals...

UKWildcat
10-16-2006, 11:15 PM
A 40 yard FG, no winds, nothing and he misses.

Yea, like I said "I don't get it"

One word to describe this game for both teams: Unbelievable

figrin bran
10-16-2006, 11:34 PM
unfrakinbelievable!

did you know that the new Cardinals stadium is built on top of a Native American burial site? (no, i don't actually know that...just making stuff up!)

sure it was easy last year for Rackers because all of those games were meaningless and they weren't in position to win any of them.

i can't believe i was pulling for Leinart (see all my previous negative posts about him and other trojans) to win...

Luuuuuuke
10-16-2006, 11:48 PM
Rackers just choked. Plain and simple. But so did Dennis Green. All those friggin conservative calls all game long. The Cardinals should have been up at least 28 points by halftime, but Green or the offensive coordinator insisted on running the ball on predictable downs, and even on some third downs.

It's like he didn't really, really have faith in Leinart. Let the guy throw on second down for chrissake! Especially when Edge is running for 1-2 yards literally every time he touches the ball.

I could not believe Green had James run on 3rd and 1 on that last drive. For God's sake, hold on to your gonads and do something different!!!! Throw a 4 yard pass or something, get closer to the goal line. Anything!!! This is the Cardinals, you just knew asking Rackers to make a 40 yard field goal was going to be too much to ask. Just because it's the Cardinals.

You could tell Leinart was a little ****ed during the post-game press conference about some of the playcalling. He said he wanted to pass on some of the downs when they ran.

UKWildcat
10-16-2006, 11:52 PM
You could tell Leinart was a little ****ed during the post-game press conference about some of the playcalling. He said he wanted to pass on some of the downs when they ran.

Did you see Green's post-game press conference? Man, he was hot. Dropping the F bomb and whatnot. Crazy stuff. I only saw a clip but would love to see the whole thing, although I have a feeling it didn't last very long with him leaving early and very ticked off.

Luuuuuuke
10-17-2006, 12:00 AM
Did you see Green's post-game press conference? Man, he was hot. Dropping the F bomb and whatnot. Crazy stuff. I only saw a clip but would love to see the whole thing, although I have a feeling it didn't last very long with him leaving early and very ticked off.

Green should be angry at himself too. Apparently Edgerrin James broke some bad record: the most carries with the least yards. Unbelievable. But Green kept running him into a rushing defense that EVERY SINGLE time was not giving much more than a yard.

On that last 3rd and 1 I was hoping they'd let Leinart pass, or even run a bootleg. Who'd expect that?

I'm not a Cards fan but I'm an L.A. college football fan so I'm following Leinart, Bush and Maurice Jones-Drew.

figrin bran
10-17-2006, 12:55 AM
Green should be angry at himself too. Apparently Edgerrin James broke some bad record: the most carries with the least yards. Unbelievable. But Green kept running him into a rushing defense that EVERY SINGLE time was not giving much more than a yard.

On that last 3rd and 1 I was hoping they'd let Leinart pass, or even run a bootleg. Who'd expect that?

I'm not a Cards fan but I'm an L.A. college football fan so I'm following Leinart, Bush and Maurice Jones-Drew.

:thumbsup: for Maurice Jones-Drew

boo for Leinart and $aint Reggie

let's see, Edge carried the ball a whooping 36 times for a measly 55 yards for an average of 1.5 yards. meanwhile, Anquan Boldin caught the ball 12 times for 136 yards. you'd think they could've run one of those Steve Smith WR screen plays on that 3rd and 1.

Jets&Heels, you want to know what's embarrassing? nearly allowing a Lions reject QB to lead his team to victory over your Jets!

JetsAndHeels
10-17-2006, 09:09 AM
Jets&Heels, you want to know what's embarrassing? nearly allowing a Lions reject QB to lead his team to victory over your Jets!

The jets play that damn prevent defense in the 4th quarter. It doesn't stop anything, I have no clue why coach Mangina wants to keep using it.
And a win is a win. thank you sir :)

Basically what Dennis Green did was pull a classic case of the Herm Edwards school of coaching. He got conservative, ran the same plays over and over again against a good defense, and then put the team in a position to lose and they did. Leinart was throwing pretty well all night, and they still resort to running Edge for like a yard or two a carry at most. Totally unacceptable. I wouldn't totally blame Rackers for that loss last night. The blame can go around, starting with Herm, I mean Dennis Green.

bobafrett
10-17-2006, 12:22 PM
I cant believe they won.

I can't believe it's not butter!

Really though, I am mad at myself for turning off the game after that interception by Grossman was returned for a touchdown, but then called back because the Cardinals player had his kneee hit the ground, and I missed the best quarter of the whole freaking game. The Bears should have lost this game. I turn the game back on just before Rackers attempted field goal, and I saw the score and just about messed my drawers. Then God must have pushed that ball to the left, because the game should have been the Bears first loss. The offense looked like garbage, and the defense was getting killed on the opening cardinals drive.

However, as a Bears fan, I am happy! And to my brother, Dan, up in the Northwoods of Wisconsin, you can BITE ME! Look at the scoreboard this morning my Packer fan brother of mine!

kool-aid killer
10-17-2006, 01:54 PM
I dont think its possible you two are biological brothers...

Frett, you got to stick with your team through the good and bad, and last night it looked bad for a while. But they prevailed and thats all that matters now. Im still on cloud 9.

bobafrett
10-17-2006, 03:32 PM
Green Fires Offensive Coordinator, Gives Job to Kruczek

http://sports.excite.com/news/10172006/v4697.html

Wow, firey little temper on that cardinals coach!

figrin bran
10-17-2006, 10:40 PM
J&H, you're totally right about arizona's final drive being the stuff of Herman Edwards.

ironically enough, didn't he have a press conference where he said "hello??? you play the game to WIN!"

IIRC, Green also did the same thing in the NFC Championship in 98 or 99?

JetsAndHeels
10-17-2006, 11:00 PM
J&H, you're totally right about arizona's final drive being the stuff of Herman Edwards.

ironically enough, didn't he have a press conference where he said "hello??? you play the game to WIN!"

Yes, that is probably Herm's most famous quote. That is true, you play to win...only problem is Herm never practices what he likes to preach.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-17-2006, 11:09 PM
Yeah, the Bears almost made me p*ss myself last night. I was getting PO'd , but kept repeating, "It's only the first half, only the first half." Needless to say, I was giddy when they won, although, neither team deserved it cos they both played like crap. hehehehehehe

figrin bran
10-17-2006, 11:24 PM
i really liked Coach Green's press conference last night

"The Bears are who we thought they were!...they are who we thought they were and we let them OFF THE HOOK!!!".

hopefully it attains the same level of fame as Mora's playoffs tirade and Allen Iverson's practice tirade. :D

scruffziller
10-18-2006, 09:22 AM
i really liked Coach Green's press conference last night

"The Bears are who we thought they were!...they are who we thought they were and we let them OFF THE HOOK!!!".

hopefully it attains the same level of fame as Mora's playoffs tirade and Allen Iverson's practice tirade. :D

Yea if you guys didn't see Green's hissy fit of pounding on the podium and cursing, go to www.NFL.com (http://www.NFL.com) and check it out. It will make you giggle.:D

JetsAndHeels
10-18-2006, 06:27 PM
(CBS 13 / AP) WASHINGTON A Web site is claiming that seven NFL football stadiums will be hit with radiological dirty bombs this weekend, but the government on Wednesday expressed doubts about the threat.

The threat, posted Oct. 12, was part of an ongoing Internet conversation titled "New Attack on America Be Afraid." It mentioned NFL stadiums in New York, Miami, Atlanta, Seattle, Houston, Oakland and Cleveland, where games are scheduled to be held this weekend.

The Homeland Security Department alerted authorities and stadium owners in those cities, as well as the NFL, of the Web message but said the threat was being viewed "with strong skepticism." Homeland Security spokesman Russ Knocke said there was no intelligence that indicated such an attack was imminent, and that the alert was "out of an abundance of caution."

"The department strongly encourages the public to continue to go about their plans, including attending events that involve large public gatherings such as football games," Knocke said.

The FBI also expressed doubt about the threat.

Darth Jax
10-18-2006, 07:39 PM
why target cleveland and houston - their home teams suck so much that the stadiums would be basically deserted.

2-1B
10-18-2006, 09:19 PM
I'll be seeking refuge in Oakland...should be safe there.

figrin bran
10-18-2006, 09:43 PM
Caesar, Oakland would be my last choice! the Raider Nation is an ultra loyal following and if they'll let people dressed as Skeletor and with spikey shoulder pauldrons into the stadium, imagine how easy it would be to sneak in explosives!

now another warning to be taken seriously - Marcus Vick has been called up from the Miami practice squad.

JetsAndHeels
10-18-2006, 09:56 PM
A dirty bomb out in oakland would be the most exciting thing for them so far this season. :D

2-1B
10-18-2006, 09:57 PM
Good point, I'd rather take my chances with the Terrorists than Raider Fans...

figrin bran
10-18-2006, 11:17 PM
i'm sure Raider Nation wouldn't mind if a bomb took out Al and the coaching staff

JimJamBonds
10-18-2006, 11:19 PM
Coaching staff? Yes.
Al? No way! lol

kool-aid killer
10-18-2006, 11:19 PM
My older brother is a die hard Raiders fan, he loathes Al Davis and co. Cant blame him, those guys really suck. But so do the Cardinals, so theyve got a good shot at getting a "W" this coming weekend.

figrin bran
10-19-2006, 12:42 AM
you see, JJB? the true Raider faithful are able to see that Al is trapped in a timewarp in the 70's and thus has been setting the franchise back for years.

back to the supposed threats, i'm sure that Chefs fans would glady sacrifice Arrowhead Stadium if it meant ridding themselves forever of the Herminator ;)

Darth Jax
10-19-2006, 07:24 AM
al's like a cockroach, he'd be the only survivor of such an attack.

JetsAndHeels
10-19-2006, 11:28 AM
The plot thickens!!

WASHINGTON - The FBI interviewed a Milwaukee resident Thursday believed to be responsible for posting on a Web site what officials think are phony threats about radiological dirty bomb attacks on NFL football stadiums this weekend.
The person, described only as a young adult, did not appear to have any ties to terrorist groups, according to a Washington law enforcement official who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation was ongoing.
In Milwaukee, FBI spokesman Richard K. Ruminski said the "individual has come forward and provided information about the posting of the threat against the NFL stadiums. The U.S. government still believes this threat is non-credible."
"As this is an ongoing matter, we will not provide any additional information at this time," Ruminski said in a statement.
The threats, which were posted on the Internet site a week ago, were not backed up by intelligence indicating such an attack might be imminent, according to the FBI and the Homeland Security Department.
Homeland Security on Wednesday alerted the NFL and authorities in New York, Miami, Atlanta, Seattle, Houston, Oakland and Cleveland, saying they were acting "out of an abundance of caution."
Homeland Security spokesman Russ Knocke on Wednesday said the threat was viewed "with strong skepticism." Still, the agency contacted the National Football League, local authorities and stadium owners. Also notified was the National Collegiate Athletic Association.
The online posting, dated Oct. 12, was part of an ongoing conversation titled "New Attack on America Be Afraid." It appeared on a Web site, "The Friend Society," that links to various online forums and off-color cartoons. The site's Internet provider declined to comment.
The message said trucks would deliver radiological bombs to stadiums in New York, Miami, Atlanta, Seattle, Houston, Oakland and Cleveland _ and that al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden would claim responsibility.
A dirty bomb would use conventional explosives to scatter radioactive material. Such a blast probably would not cause many deaths, experts say, but the fear of contamination could spark panic. Land and buildings hit with radioactive particles might be unusable for years.
Authorities traced the site's Internet provider to Voxel Dot Net Inc., which has support and engineering staff based in Troy, N.Y. A man who answered the phone at Voxel Wednesday declined to give his name, said he was unaware of the posted threat and refused further comment.
The author of the threats, posted at 9:31 p.m. EDT on Oct. 12, identified himself online as "javness."

figrin bran
10-19-2006, 10:07 PM
so in other words, i better cool it with my "bomb goes off in arrowhead stadium and takes out herman edwards" posts, right?

no need to come to my door, Feds.

2-1B
10-19-2006, 10:12 PM
Too late, I already reported your posts.

JetsAndHeels
10-19-2006, 10:36 PM
so in other words, i better cool it with my "bomb goes off in arrowhead stadium and takes out herman edwards" posts, right?

No, those are always welcome.

figrin bran
10-20-2006, 12:49 AM
Too late, I already reported your posts.

how many times have you been "banned" here? like you have a lot of credibility! :p

2-1B
10-20-2006, 05:32 AM
Many of the best police informants have a long rap sheet...

figrin bran
10-21-2006, 02:33 AM
after seeing/hearing it a few times more, i think Dennis Green's meltdown on monday night deserves all time classic status! if you'll notice, there's a Cardinals official off to the side and he looks thoroughly flummoxed and perplexed as to what he should do. it's priceless!

2-1B
10-21-2006, 12:00 PM
I rate it 2nd all time behind Jim Mora the Senior...I don't think that will ever be topped.

That's not a slight against Denny though, because he was magnificent in his own right. lol lol lol

pbarnard
10-21-2006, 12:54 PM
I rate it 2nd all time behind Jim Mora the Senior...I don't think that will ever be topped.

The "we played like diddly poop" or "Playoffs?!?!" one?

Course, there's always Herm "You play to win the game" Edwards (but you should also coach so you can win the game too)...

Kidhuman
10-21-2006, 01:56 PM
I dont know, gotta put Iverson in there for the "Practice" press conference.

JetsAndHeels
10-22-2006, 08:43 PM
Interesting day in the games this week

Matt Bryant (Tampa Bay) hits a 62 yard FG to beat Philly

Atlanta beats the Steelers in OT (despite a 3 td performance by Hines ward and we saw Big Ben taken off the field)

Houston, yes HOUSTON beats Jacksonville

Minnesota beats Seattle (Matt Hasselbeck has a knee injury)

Oh yeah, and the J-E-T-S beat Detroit (sorry Slick)

2-1B
10-22-2006, 08:49 PM
I am sitting on 4-8 right now. Sucks. :bored:

JetsAndHeels
10-22-2006, 08:51 PM
I am sitting on 4-8 right now. Sucks. :bored:

Dude, the Raiders won today. How crappy is that? I wanted an 0-16 season for them so bad.

figrin bran
10-22-2006, 09:10 PM
i told you guys that the Silver and Black would win a few games. The Raiders are not who you thought they were!!!! you wanna stick them on the bottom of the barrel, stick them on the bottom of the barrel but the raiders are not who you thought they are!

KH, ha ha! you lost that bet already!
and the thing about the Iverson practice press conference is that it takes too long. Dennis Green's is quick hitting, to the point and full of passion.

i wonder what he said after today's game? ;)

2-1B
10-22-2006, 09:13 PM
I would rather blow a 100 point lead to the Bears than lose to the Raiders.

figrin bran
10-22-2006, 09:20 PM
the funny thing about the raiders is that two weeks in a row now, out of desperation and these super bye weeks with like 10 teams off, i've started QB's going against them in fantasy matchups. and for two weeks in a row, i've gotten practically nothing from the QB spot. their pass defense led by this CB Asomugha is actually pretty good.

JetsAndHeels
10-22-2006, 09:26 PM
I would rather blow a 100 point lead to the Bears than lose to the Raiders.

Jets vs Browns next week. Its on.

2-1B
10-22-2006, 09:29 PM
Bring it on ! :D

Mad Slanted Powers
10-22-2006, 09:46 PM
Interesting day in the games this week

Matt Bryant (Tampa Bay) hits a 62 yard FG to beat Philly

Atlanta beats the Steelers in OT (despite a 3 td performance by Hines ward and we saw Big Ben taken off the field)

Houston, yes HOUSTON beats Jacksonville

Minnesota beats Seattle (Matt Hasselbeck has a knee injury)

Oh yeah, and the J-E-T-S beat Detroit (sorry Slick)

That last game is the only one of those that I picked correctly.

Houston knocked out four of us in the Survival league I'm in. Six of seven were still alive, but that took care of four of us, while Minnesota took care of another. The remaining person has the Giants on Monday.

Being a Seahawk fan, that was a bit disappointing.

I am sitting on 4-8 right now. Sucks. :bored:I'm at 6-6. No one else in the pick 'em league I'm in is any better this week. Picking GB, NYJ and Cincinnati made up for not picking Atlanta. Everyone else had the same picks as me in the other games.

Darth Jax
10-23-2006, 12:04 AM
prior to today's game bryant hadn't hit anything over 30 yds, what a great way to end the game with a 62 yarder. was a great day for ronde (i haven't announced i'm gonna retire at the end of the season) barber - 2 picks returned for td's. now if we could just erase those 1st 4 weeks of the season. and maybe, just maybe t.o. knew what he was talking about with mcnabb in the superbowl. he was definitely out of gas at the end of the game and puking on the field.

figrin bran
10-23-2006, 12:42 AM
McNabb pukes quite often in games and i don't feel it's any reflection on his abilities as a QB.

as for TO, remember he also said "we'd be undefeated with Brett Favre at quarterback" :rolleyes:

it just keeps getting worse for the Chargers...Merriman gets a 4 game suspension after testing postive for steroids

Kidhuman
10-23-2006, 06:11 AM
In my pick em league I changed to Cin over Carolina at the last minute

Darth Jax
10-23-2006, 07:58 PM
i've never really believed anything that TO has spouted off before. he obviously rubbed reid and mcnabb the wrong way, but maybe mcnabb wasn't up to 100% at the end of that game.

pbarnard
10-23-2006, 09:57 PM
i've never really believed anything that TO has spouted off before. he obviously rubbed reid and mcnabb the wrong way, but maybe mcnabb wasn't up to 100% at the end of that game.

And Garcia and Mariuci....and Parcells....The Packers could have a defense and still wouldn't be undefeated because of throwing to the other team results in losses when done often enough at that level.

figrin bran
10-23-2006, 10:40 PM
Hey Kurt Warner, you better save a place in the unemployment benefits line for Drew Bledsoe.

figrin bran
10-26-2006, 02:08 AM
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TSC/tsc046rebelhelm.jpg

Endor Rebel Soldier

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/nfl/players/2/5448.jpg

Ron Mexico/"Michael Vick"

does anyone else see a slight resemblance?

Kidhuman
10-26-2006, 12:58 PM
I see it. Damn funny.Maybe next they will make a Sgt. Slaughter figure. Vick my be the "Fridge Perry" figure of this line

JetsAndHeels
10-26-2006, 01:56 PM
And now, a public service announcement from Ron Mexico/Michael Vick:

http://www.vikingvan.com/mvickherp.jpg

2-1B
10-26-2006, 08:26 PM
Is that real ? It should be ! :confused:

Kidhuman
10-26-2006, 08:32 PM
J&H, what happend to the ones I made for you that night?

JetsAndHeels
10-26-2006, 09:16 PM
J&H, what happend to the ones I made for you that night?

I still have the one you made for me, where Vick in on his back...you put in some text for me:
"Even on gamedays Ron Mexico has time to check for warts"

Classic Stuff. :)

figrin bran
10-26-2006, 09:29 PM
I see it. Damn funny.Maybe next they will make a Sgt. Slaughter figure. Vick my be the "Fridge Perry" figure of this line

isobars&&&&&!!! every home should have a Mike Vick Endor Trooper figure!

i opened up that figure, noticed that the face figure itself doesn't look anything like the pic on the card and then realized there was something familiar about this face on the endor trooper. after racking my brains, i thought voila! it's ron mexico!!!

how about if we make one of these guys the second place prize for our fantasy league?

2-1B
10-26-2006, 09:32 PM
Warts ? :eek:

JetsAndHeels
10-26-2006, 09:34 PM
Warts ? :eek:

You don't know the Ron Mexico story??

2-1B
10-26-2006, 09:36 PM
I do, I was just shocked at the proposed PSA. :D

JetsAndHeels
10-26-2006, 09:37 PM
I do, I was just shocked at the proposed PSA. :D

It was a pic from a game, where he had been knocked over and was on his back. :)

2-1B
10-26-2006, 09:38 PM
I'd like a look at that if you don't mind.

(the pic, not the warts. lol lol lol )

JetsAndHeels
10-26-2006, 09:42 PM
Sorry, it was check for outbreaks, not warts..
here ya go

Kidhuman
10-26-2006, 10:15 PM
isobars&&&&&!!! every home should have a Mike Vick Endor Trooper figure!

i opened up that figure, noticed that the face figure itself doesn't look anything like the pic on the card and then realized there was something familiar about this face on the endor trooper. after racking my brains, i thought voila! it's ron mexico!!!

how about if we make one of these guys the second place prize for our fantasy league?

Hell, I dont care, I aint got a shot at either of them.

Sorry, it was check for outbreaks, not warts..
here ya go

Thats classic stuff right there.

Isobars&:beard:

JetsAndHeels
10-26-2006, 10:20 PM
KH, I found you a new avatar.

http://home.bak.rr.com/dwonderly/ron.jpg

Kidhuman
10-27-2006, 06:02 AM
I might go with that in a bit, but if anyone else wants to use it, feel free. Thanks Mojo

Isobars&:beard:

figrin bran
10-29-2006, 07:48 PM
it's sunday night and not one post in this thread???

obviously all of you are still reeling from Oakland's upset of Slothlisberger and the steelers. i told you Oakland can play D.

Reggie Wayne carried me to 3 fantasy league victories today! thanks Reggie!

pbarnard
10-29-2006, 08:53 PM
When will teams learn that you can't leave 20 seconds on the clock when playing the Colts?

figrin bran
10-29-2006, 09:41 PM
so who is totally sick of "this is our country...from the east coast to the west coast"

JetsAndHeels
10-29-2006, 09:44 PM
I want to make 2 points...

First of all the Jets played a horrible game today. The only bright spot was the Justin Miller kickoff return for a td. Without that play we are not even in the game at all. Having said that, let me repeat: the Jets played a horrible game today.

Second, the Jets were 100% robbed on the "non-td" ruling on the field. For any of you who did not see this, our TE Chris Baker caught a ball in the far right bottom corner of the end zone, near the pylon. He made a one-handed grab and then came down with it then was pushed out of bounds. The play was shown several times on tv and it was clear that it was a td.....however the officials said it was NOT a td. Being that this play happened with about 20 seconds left, if there was to be any review it would have to come from the booth. The replay staff did not even bother, and the referrees made a "judgement call" not to even bother. Coach Mangini used a timeout to try and get someone to look, but to no avail.

Yeah, im mad as hell about it, but the bottom line is if the Jets had played a solid game through 4 quarters it would not have come down to that one play.

JimJamBonds
10-29-2006, 09:45 PM
obviously all of you are still reeling from Oakland's upset of Slothlisberger and the steelers. i told you Oakland can play D.

But they can't play O. 92 yards!?!?!?! WOW!

figrin bran
10-29-2006, 10:04 PM
no the raiders sure can't play offense but what does that say about the steelers? :p

time to bring back that slothlisberger photo!

time to pull the plug on that "this is our country" commercial (mellancamp, i think?)

JetsAndHeels
10-29-2006, 10:12 PM
Andrew Walter completed only 5 passes today.....1 of those went to a Steelers defender for an int. However they come away with the win.
I can't think of any better proof for that saying "Any Given Sunday".

kool-aid killer
10-29-2006, 10:22 PM
I was upset that FOX in this area didnt show the Bears vs 49ers, but instead they went with the Seahawks and Chiefs. Da Bears ran them over, and thats about the nicest way it can be said.

I watched the first quarter of the Colts and Broncos game, but after that i kicked on the Playstation 2 instead, seemed like it would be much more entertaining instead.

Having no love for the Steelers, im glad to see them lose, to the Raiders no less. Big Ben hype? Burn, baby, burn.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-29-2006, 10:49 PM
I watched the first quarter of the Colts and Broncos game, but after that i kicked on the Playstation 2 instead, seemed like it would be much more entertaining instead.I had the game on but wasn't really paying attention. It seems to have been a good game though.

Seahawks got the breaks they needed to stay in the game, but couldn't quite do it. Seneca Wallace seems to have the talent and is more mobile than Hasselbeck. He just needs some more experience.

Kidhuman
10-29-2006, 10:51 PM
Big Ben killed himself by throwing 4 int's. Its the reason he rides my bench in Fantasy Ball.

Dallas and Romo with a huge win tonight, completely shutting down the Panthers.

JetsAndHeels
10-29-2006, 10:52 PM
I had the game on but wasn't really paying attention. It seems to have been a good game though.

It was a good game......back and forth between the teams and in the end it came down to mister clutch Adam Vinatieri and he delivered

figrin bran
10-30-2006, 12:28 AM
are you guys kidding? the horses vs. horseshoes game was a great game to watch. Peyton has really shown a killer instinct this season in that if you show an inability to cover any of his receivers, he'll keep exploiting that time and time again. today it was Wayne, last week i remember he kept looking in Harrison's direction.

if i were a steelers fan i'd be likening Cowher sending Slothlisberger out there a week after having a concussion to Coach Edwards trotting Pennington out there despite extensive shoulder damage. are you trying to kill the kid, Cowher? it's not like you don't have an adequate backup either.

J&H, sure you may laugh at andrew walter right now but by week 17, aaron brooks should be ready to torch the jets :p

lastly, what in the world got into Parcells kissing everyone in sight???

JetsAndHeels
10-30-2006, 05:38 AM
J&H, sure you may laugh at andrew walter right now but by week 17, aaron brooks should be ready to torch the jets :p

lastly, what in the world got into Parcells kissing everyone in sight???

FB, I wasn't saying it in a joking manner...I was pointing out that despite a horrible performance and a quarterback rating of probably 2 he still managed to come out as the winning qb.

And about Parcells and the kissing disease...all I know is he was last seen hanging out at the local bar with Joe Namath talking about some chick named Suzy Kolber :)

Rogue II
10-30-2006, 10:34 AM
It would have been pretty cool if the Panthers would have made that 65-yard field goal at the end of the first half. Too bad they didn't have a better breeze behind them.

Seahawks got the breaks they needed to stay in the game, but couldn't quite do it. Seneca Wallace seems to have the talent and is more mobile than Hasselbeck. He just needs some more experience.

And he didn't have Shaun Alexander in the backfield. 29 yards from the other 2 running backs didn't help Wallace much.

In their bye week, the Bills have changed around their offensive line. Now, opposing defenders will run by some different guys on their way to forcing Losman to fumble.

UKWildcat
10-30-2006, 09:08 PM
Brady has looked phenominal this first half. What'd they say? He put up more yards in the first half then Minn. usually gives up in an entire game? :eek:

figrin bran
10-30-2006, 09:39 PM
Hey Ocho Cinco, you were no match for the man who goes by El Siete and a whole slew of other names

http://home.bak.rr.com/dwonderly/ron.jpg

Viva El Siete! Viva Mexico!

figrin bran
11-05-2006, 04:29 PM
way to go Lions!
way to go Dolphins!

and thank you for finally scoring a TD for one of my fantasy teams Tiki Barber!

Kidhuman
11-05-2006, 04:45 PM
Awesome job by both teams today.

Rogue II
11-05-2006, 04:55 PM
Heck of an ending to the Cowboys/Redskins game.

2-1B
11-05-2006, 04:56 PM
The Cowboys and their boneheadedness hurt me in my picks today. Hilarious ending for the game, though !

kool-aid killer
11-05-2006, 05:41 PM
Bears played like crap today. But it happens, theyre still on track to get a postseason berth. I didnt get to watch this game, as it wasnt on television locally. But next weeks game is, so im real excited about that. Hopefully this is just a bump in the road, rather than a sign of whats to come from the final eight games.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-05-2006, 06:00 PM
I should have had the foresight to pick the Dolphins. They ended the Bears chance at a perfect season in 1985.

JetsAndHeels
11-05-2006, 06:38 PM
Whodey think they gonna beat the Bengals?
Apparently everybody, including the Ravens today.

Good job there Ocho Stinko...once again you lay big fat goose egg in my other fantasy league.

2-1B
11-05-2006, 06:40 PM
I predict the Bears will go 1-2 on their upcoming road trip, maybe even 0-3...it depends if the Jets decide to bring their professional team or the JV team that played in a handful of other games this year.

You know what, as much as I hate Denver, I hate Pittsburgh even more so it was enjoyable to watch the Steelers get nailed by the Donks. Nice fumble, Hines Ward !

JetsAndHeels
11-05-2006, 06:45 PM
it depends if the Jets decide to bring their professional team or the JV team that played in a handful of other games this year.

Oh I see how it is...you must be referring to the JV squad that was in Cleveland last week!! Yeah they stunk it up big time, but that call at the end was BS homey!!
And our JV squad has NOT been there in a handful of games ok...its been there the whole time so there na na na na na :)

2-1B
11-05-2006, 06:49 PM
I was not talking about the Cleveland game, believe me!

Speaking of Cleveland, how about P. Dawson with 6 FGs ? And now he got an XP off the Braylon TD...come on Phil, top the day off with a big onside kick ! ! !

JetsAndHeels
11-05-2006, 06:53 PM
I hate the bye week.....its fun to catch the games but still I feel out of sync because I don't go to the Jets bar and all...feels weird.

Hey, don't you guys hate it when people won't admit what is wrong with their team? I mean just because we expect improvement doesn't mean we have less passion for them!!
The reason I ask is because I got a 3 day suspension from a jets message board for a comment I made about Chad.

2-1B
11-05-2006, 07:00 PM
Really ? You didn't call him Jet-I Pricks by chance, did you ? ? ? Ooooh, Madden's on NBC already, I can't wait. He's already doting on Manning and Brady, comparing their approach to warmups. I can't wait ! ! !

JetsAndHeels
11-05-2006, 07:03 PM
No, that wasn't it Caesar (nice try though).

We were discussing whether or not Chad really is the answer at qb...alot of the "homers" deny the fact that his arm just is not that strong and he doesn't have all the necessary tools to be an elite NFL qb. Well I chimed in because I was getting annoyed...I made a post and at the end, saying Def Leppard's drummer had a stronger arm. Next thing I know I'm slapped with the 3 days.

2-1B
11-05-2006, 07:26 PM
Oh man, nicely stated ! I can't imagine how many days you would be suspended from a Def Leppard message board for that comment ! ! !

Seriously though, I agree with you that it's a harsh reaction to your comment, that bites.

Kidhuman
11-05-2006, 07:37 PM
Dude, that bites, I cant believe you got suspended for that.

pbarnard
11-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Really ? You didn't call him Jet-I Pricks by chance, did you ? ? ? Ooooh, Madden's on NBC already, I can't wait. He's already doting on Manning and Brady, comparing their approach to warmups. I can't wait ! ! !
Better tell Al to duck and cover, although who knows anymore. I see Belichek is going with the Rob Johnson headband, although anything is an improvement over his dirty cut up sweatshirt. The wife must've dressed him tonight.

figrin bran
11-05-2006, 08:24 PM
wow, good thing none of us post on Packers/Falcons/Madden fan club boards or else we'd get lifetime bans! :p

JetsAndHeels
11-05-2006, 10:07 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen....
well just gentlemen...

John Cougar Mellencamp would like you all to know one fact:
This is our country.

Thank you.

JimJamBonds
11-05-2006, 10:31 PM
...and thank you for finally scoring a TD for one of my fantasy teams Tiki Barber!

Same here!

figrin bran
11-05-2006, 11:24 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen....
well just gentlemen...

John Cougar Mellencamp would like you all to know one fact:
This is our country.

Thank you.

if i were a mod, i'd ban you for referencing that commercial!!!! :p

argh, i went on record last week as saying that i was really sick of it so imagine what the 20 times i saw it today might do.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-06-2006, 12:03 AM
We can force him to go by Johnny Cougar again.

Kidhuman
11-06-2006, 06:03 AM
That commercial is just grating my last nerves.

2-1B
11-06-2006, 08:18 PM
That commercial is nothing compared to numerous other ones I see all the time, beginning with NFL Network's "Where you at, Eighty Fiiiiiiiiiiiiive?" :dead:

JetsAndHeels
11-06-2006, 10:11 PM
I think this year's Raiders are perhaps the worst team in NFL history. They are just atrocious...Andrew Walter got sacked 7 times before the end of the first half. Three of those sacks came on consecutive plays.
Then there was the count that he messed up and his center snapped the ball to him while he was not lined up...caused the ball to go about 8 yards behind them.
Art Shell looks totally clueless. When I see him on the sidelines I see a poor soul who does not know where he is, what he is doing, or what is going on. For all the stupidity and bad decision I bash Herm about, at least he has some emotion. Shell looks like a friggin' zombie out there.
This team is a train wreck. They are easily in '76 Buccaneers and Oilers territory.

2-1B
11-06-2006, 10:52 PM
At least the Raiders have 1 more win already than Keyshawn and the 1-15 Jets. :crazed:

Shell does look like a zombie, I agree...he must be thinking, "WTF did I get myself into here?"

Mad Slanted Powers
11-07-2006, 12:09 AM
Man, I totally spaced and missed most of the game. I did manage to see Stevens get kneed in the groin. Ouch.

figrin bran
11-07-2006, 12:43 AM
art shell is just a puppet. the raiduhs are actually "coached" by al davis himself.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-07-2006, 01:31 AM
I was watching the highlights on Seattle's NBC affiliate and the sports announcer described the low blow on Stevens as being hit in the "no fly zone". That cracked me up.

2-1B
11-07-2006, 09:55 PM
I heard that shot on Stevens referred to as "The Raiders went for 2"

I don't advocate poor sportsmanship but I'm not a fan of that Stevens.

JetsAndHeels
11-07-2006, 10:01 PM
David Garrard will now be the starting qb for Jacksonville. I saw on the NFL network that Byron Leftwich could possibly be dealt during the offseason.

In KC Damon Huard may possibly still be the starter even after Trent Green is ready to come back. Herm won't give details because he has no clue about it but I say if the guy is winning games keep him in there.

figrin bran
11-07-2006, 10:15 PM
David Garrard will now be the starting qb for Jacksonville. I saw on the NFL network that Byron Leftwich could possibly be dealt during the offseason.

In KC Damon Huard may possibly still be the starter even after Trent Green is ready to come back. Herm won't give details because he has no clue about it but I say if the guy is winning games keep him in there.

sure but i thought that Herm doesn't care about winning games :p

JetsAndHeels
11-07-2006, 10:18 PM
I'm just saying what makes sense...not what Herm would necessarily do. :)

JimJamBonds
11-07-2006, 10:29 PM
Anybody else hear about the Raiders offensive cordinator? Apparently he has been out of football for something like 6-8 years and since that time he has been running a bed and breakfast!?!?!?!?!?! Due to this little fact apparently the scheme they are running is rather high schoolish.

JetsAndHeels
11-07-2006, 10:51 PM
JimJam, when I first heard about that I thought it was a joke. Colin Cowherd on espn radio referenced it several times and I took it as a shot at how bad they were. Come to find out its actually fact...but really who is surprised here? It's the 2006 version of the Raiders which is like I said earlier prob one of the worst teams in league history.

2-1B
11-07-2006, 10:54 PM
I just wish they were 0-8 :(

JetsAndHeels
11-07-2006, 11:04 PM
I just wish they were 0-8 :(

They are Caesar. The 2 wins they got were flukes. :)

Mad Slanted Powers
11-08-2006, 12:38 AM
According the the NFL Record and Fact Book, he last coached in the NFL with the Raiders in 1994. So, he was swept out with Shell the first time. Doesn't appear he coached college since then either. Tom Walsh is his name, no college or pro playing experience. The Raiders gig is his only pro coaching experience.

figrin bran
11-08-2006, 01:41 AM
tom walsh is also a puppet of al davis'.

but no matter, they will win another game this season as long as aaron brooks comes back to replace andrew "bledsoe in slow motion" walter. mark my words. and no, the raiders aren't my team.

pbarnard
11-08-2006, 12:04 PM
Could be worse...could be the Cardinals. Either way, the cancer starts at ownership, and the ineptness creeps to the coaches who just are using systems and methods that haven't adapted to the changes.

Case in point, Joe Montana and Steve Young both say the Atlanta Falcons are running "their" offense. This time, the difference is the option handoff is being run with a counter action from the shotgun as opposed to off tackle from under center. The other difference, one QB can run for 10 yards out of the pocket as opposed to hit the TE/posession receiver for 12 yards (and the other 2 have decidingly better completion %'s too). The same scheme can work from yesteryear if applied with the right personel, in the right situations. You don't do 7 step drops when there's 2 DEs who were pro-bowlers or considered all pros.

Slicker
11-08-2006, 01:55 PM
THIS JUST IN:

Slicker is the new coach of the Raiders.

Rogue II
11-08-2006, 02:20 PM
Did they finally catch wind of your dominance in Tecmo Bowl using Bo Jackson and the Raiders?

pbarnard
11-08-2006, 07:27 PM
THIS JUST IN:

Slicker is the new coach of the Raiders.

Because everybody else passed on it first.

figrin bran
11-08-2006, 09:54 PM
i meant to post this on sunday - Dennis Green was right after all!

the bears ARE who we thought they were!

you just cannot win on defense alone and the offense seems to struggle as Grossman struggles. ideally they should be a ball control offense but Grossman seems to want to take too many downfield chances and if he doesn't connect early and often, his confidence seems to get really shot.

Darth Jax
11-08-2006, 10:45 PM
the dolphins are kryptonite to the bears. i don't remember if it was posted already but it was the dolphins that ruined the 85 bears perfect season also.

JimJamBonds
11-10-2006, 08:49 AM
the dolphins are kryptonite to the bears. i don't remember if it was posted already but it was the dolphins that ruined the 85 bears perfect season also.

Good call there DJ!

Mad Slanted Powers
11-10-2006, 09:12 AM

Yes, I did post it already.

I should have had the foresight to pick the Dolphins. They ended the Bears chance at a perfect season in 1985.

kool-aid killer
11-12-2006, 09:01 PM
Im surprised theres no posts in this thread today. Da Bears and Giants are at the halftime mark now, with the Giants leading 13-10. Its been a poor showing for Da Bears offense, with the exception of their touchdown drive they havent been able to make any holes for Jones or Benson. Grossman looks like his confidence is shaky. The defense is playing well. Despite all that, theyre still in the game. Hopefully their offense decides they want to play in the second half.

Kidhuman
11-12-2006, 09:30 PM
J-E-T-S beating the Pats, the shoot out with Cincy and San Diego(finally got a good game from Palmer) and Pitt beating NO at the wire. The Bills hanging tough angainst Indy too.

figrin bran
11-12-2006, 10:01 PM
"so let the voice of freedom sing out through this land...this is OUR country!"

how about Cleveland beating the Mexico Falcons!

JetsAndHeels
11-12-2006, 10:40 PM
"The Pats are who we thought they were."

Big win by my boys today. It's a great day to be a Jets fan

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-12-2006, 10:57 PM
Bears scared the CRAP out of me tonight. Grossman needs to learn to NOT throw into coverage and hey, sometimes, just take the sack versus throwing it wildly into the hands of the other team. Still, they did pick up and improve on the second half and owned the Giants.

STill, my dad summed it up when he said something along the lines of, "Grossman scares the crap out of me every time he releases the ball." hehehehehehe :thumbsup:

kool-aid killer
11-12-2006, 11:05 PM
Dudes a rollercoaster. When hes a solid quarterback. But if he starts out cold you got to worry that hes going to get really nervous and start making more and more errors. Bears did an excellent job of turning it around after halftime and bossing the Giants around.

Now we'll see Da Bears be showered with praise by the media after only hours ago being considered overrated and whatnot because of a poor game against the Dolphins.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-12-2006, 11:05 PM
Seahawks escaped with a victory against the Rams again, so they essentially have a 3 game lead. Remaining schedule is somewhat favorable as well, with SFx2, Arizona, GB and TB. However, they also have Denver and San Diego on the schedule.

figrin bran
11-13-2006, 01:17 AM
"The Pats are who we thought they were."

Big win by my boys today. It's a great day to be a Jets fan

ha! way to knock those Pats off of their high horse! :thumbsup:

JMG, if you think Grossman is scary, well he's nothing compared to the QB that has been benched on my team. (initials DB). and if you were a Raider fan, Andrew Walter dropping back to "pass" would be the ultimate nightmare. if he even had a mediocre game today, they could've beaten those blasted broncos (i hate shanahan)

look out for Madden's Antonio Gates/Champ Bailey gush fest next sunday!

scruffziller
11-13-2006, 05:40 AM
It's a great day to be a Jets fan

Savor the victory cuz it won't last long......;)

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Darth Jax
11-13-2006, 07:21 AM
what's up with miami. they stink the first half of the season. then they beat the previously unbeaten bears and hold larry johnson in check. if they were even somewhat consistent they could be fulfilling all those preseason picks as a superbowl bound team.

kool-aid killer
11-13-2006, 10:46 AM
Some days it happens, other days it doesnt. The NFL season is a marathon, a team just has to be consistent to be a contender. The Dolphins lacked it at the beginning of the season, but these past two weeks they seem to have gotten an idea of what they want to do.

JetsAndHeels
11-13-2006, 11:08 AM
Savor the victory cuz it won't last long......;)

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

The Bears can be beaten.
Whether that happens this Sunday or not is yet to be seen.
Unlike last year and the previous ones with Herm Edwards at the helm, I now feel confident each week.

JimJamBonds
11-13-2006, 01:07 PM
The Bears can be beaten.

They will choke again in the playoffs like Manning.

pbarnard
11-13-2006, 01:55 PM
Ok, this just happened to **** me off while watching the games I was forced to view this week (Packers and Vikings...mediacroity breeds parity). So the color guy is Brian Baldinger, who during this broadcast made maden into a Nobel laureate!

Let's start with just the football things...
Claimed that good teams find ways to win and bad teams ways to lose over and over. Neither of these teams is either, so move on Baldie.
Fox decided that when they got the NFL in the 90s, that they'd mold all their color guys after Madden. Matt Millen, who should've never left the booth and conned the Ford Family, was Madden light. Than Bill Maas was Millen Light. Baldinger became Maas light. Now that Aikmen is the lead color guy, redo the model, lose the clones of the clones of the clones. Either go with all ex-Cowboys (Moose Johnson is at least tolerable) or ex-QBs because the defenisve lineman thing isn't working.
Kept marveling at the mechanics of Favre as textbook. I've never heard any one describe him as that. If anything, I believe the example is outside of winning (in the past), don't emmulate this man.
Kept talking on an on about the great running game of both teams. If I recall both teams rushed for under 100 yards on the day.Non Football things
Claimed Greenbay to Minneapolis was a short drive. Ummm, isn't it like 6+ hours? I know Milwaukee to the Twin Cities is ~5 hours. Short to me imiplies my *** won't go numb nor should I need to buy gas on the way.
Wished all those serving in Iraq and Afghanistan a happy vetran's day. Ummm, still active duty. They're not vetrans yet, (combat vetrans maybe, but anyways). And if they fall in combat, they're still not vetrans. They're fallen service men and they are paid tribute on Memorial day.
Kept commenting on guys with mustaches who looked like Minnesota's coach.Off of dumb-*** and on to other things...Bears coaches scheme to give them the best success. The only thing they could do more is to consistently get the same level performance from all phases of the game for 4 quarters. Football hyperbole, but still is a typical halmark of a superbowl team on a given year.

Indianapolis may be a team of destiny. They may go 16-0. They find a way to win, and if they have 30 seconds, and less than 100 yards to go with the ball, your chances of victory are only 25%.

Belichek has to get whatever it is out of his ***. Your boy didn't want to stick around and learn and decided to take the money and oppurtunity at being a head coach. Just because you don't like the owners and GM and passed on the job earlier, get over it. Even Mike Shanahan has mellowed somewhat with regards to Al Davis and the Raiders.

Ummm, Show me your lightinging BOLTS!!!! Could the AFC title game be Indy/SD and put up something like 1500 yards of offense, and score 115+ total points?

bobafrett
11-13-2006, 03:51 PM
I take it from what I have listened to on both the TV and the radio, that the Bears will be playing at that same exact stadium. I feel stupid for not knowing that the Jets and the Giants shared the same stadium.

I like seeing pictures of when the Bears played at Wrigley Field.

2-1B
11-13-2006, 06:18 PM
They will choke again in the playoffs like Manning.

What if it's the Bears and Colts in the Super Bowl ? I'd love to see that game, it would be a good matchup...not sure if I could accurately predict which team would do a better job of choking though. I mean, they're both so good at that. :grin:

I bet those teams would figure out a way to end a Super Bowl in a Tie. lol

JetsAndHeels
11-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Belichek has to get whatever it is out of his ***. Your boy didn't want to stick around and learn and decided to take the money and oppurtunity at being a head coach.

Belly is a scumbag, plain and simple. When Bill Parcells recommended him to coach the Jets, he took the job for one day and then retired...of course he did this after Leon Hess gave him a million dollars to do it. As soon as that money hit his bank account he hit the road.
Crennel and Weiss both left for better jobs, and now so has Mangini. The thing that ****es Belly off about Mangini coming to the Jets is that well its the Jets and also that its a divisional rival.

Like I said earlier, its a great weekend to be a Jets fan...the Pats lost a 2nd consecutive game and are on the ropes..Belly realizes he was out coached by his protege yesterday, and the AFC East is ripe for the taking.

figrin bran
11-13-2006, 09:51 PM
i'll be pulling for the Jets to win this sunday as well. (got Cotchery, Washington and Barlow on one of my fantasy teams. J&H would be proud of me)

JetsAndHeels
11-13-2006, 09:58 PM
Good choices FB.

Sounds identical to another team I have. :)

Darth Jax
11-13-2006, 11:02 PM
this thread has had countless posts about how madden can ruin a telecast, but has anyone actually sat and listened to the innane banter of kornheiser and theisman. i'm pretty sure the average preschooler could do a better job. since the bucs were playing (or more accurately they were just out on the field) i actually watched a monday nite game. no wonder espn sunday nite games got such horrible reviews (that and the totally lackluster teams they seemed to feature). give me a sunday nite game with madden and his doodlings all over the screen any week.

figrin bran
11-13-2006, 11:04 PM
Good choices FB.

Sounds identical to another team I have. :)

yes, well that particular team is 5-5 and unfortunately i have randy moss dragging me down weekly.

JetsAndHeels
11-13-2006, 11:14 PM
Darth Jax, I totally agree with you about the commentating on ESPN. Tirico is ok, but Theisman and Kornheiser do not belong in that booth. Kornheiser is great for his show PTI, but his style does not fit play-by-play. Theisman just blows hot air all over the place and after about 2 seconds its already old.

And hey FB, don't worry about being 5-5...At least its .500 and you don't have former bed and breakfast owners helping you coach. :)

figrin bran
11-13-2006, 11:35 PM
Darth Jax, what are you talking about? we love Madden on this thread!!! i don't have ESPN or else i'd definitely rip on Kornheiser and Theisman.

J&H, very true, very true! i'll bet any pee wee football league coach is more qualified than that bed and breakfast owner.

Darth Jax
11-14-2006, 08:55 AM
i don't have cable either so i went to the bar to see the game. that's a normal routine for me, cuz tampa is never the nationally televised game. this was the first game i'd heard kornheiser do. i was familiar with the lack of quality in theisman's work from his days with maguire (who was equally bad).

listening to madden is like talking with my grandparents. they try, but end up making the same observations and telling me the same stories everytime.

2-1B
11-14-2006, 07:37 PM
So many comments to make, I won't bother trying to quote them all exactly:

J&H I'm with you on Belichick, I've not been a fan of his since he cut my favorite childhood player from the Browns. :(

Jax, kudos on post 424, hilarious all around! I agree with you on Madden, I know I rip on him but I actually LIKE hearing his games. I find them comical. Theisman and Kornhole just irritate me.

Bring back Dennis Miller and Dan Fouts ! No, I am not kidding, I seriously loved both of them.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-14-2006, 07:58 PM
listening to madden is like talking with my grandparents. they try, but end up making the same observations and telling me the same stories everytime.There's really only so many stories to tell, and they probably told them all in the long pregame shows that they have now. Plus, the commentators sound pretty original compared to what the athletes say. It's always the same clichéd responses.

I guess I've not listened to Madden enough in recent years to really notice all this or have a problem with him. I've always enjoyed games with him as a commentator though. Then again, I also enjoyed listening to Howard Cosell, while my dad and an uncle couldn't stand him.

figrin bran
11-14-2006, 09:34 PM
it has happened! the moment we've been waiting all season for!

Vinny Testaverde decides that he has been sitting on the couch long enough and signs with New England Patriots

JetsAndHeels
11-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Vinny Testaverde..that's so hillarious.

From the couch to the Jets...to the couch...to the Patriots.

Where did they dig up that old fossil? :)

kool-aid killer
11-14-2006, 10:45 PM
They should have went with Doug Flutey instead.

2-1B
11-14-2006, 10:52 PM
I heard Steve Grogan and Tony Eason are still available ? J&H, maybe after the Pats are done with Eason your Jets will take him again. lol

Mad Slanted Powers
11-15-2006, 12:01 AM
Jim Plunkett started out with the Patriots. Maybe he's available.

figrin bran
11-15-2006, 12:29 AM
Vinny Testaverde..that's so hillarious.

From the couch to the Jets...to the couch...to the Patriots.

Where did they dig up that old fossil? :)

you forgot his 20 Int season with the Cowboys!

scruffziller
11-19-2006, 03:18 PM
The Bears can be beaten.

yea.....but you can say that of any team. Show me a team that has never lost a game and you got a point.:ermm:

kool-aid killer
11-19-2006, 03:50 PM
Game wasnt on any of the television channels i get, so i wasnt able to watch. But, im glad to see that Da Bears won 10-0. So far theyre 2-0 on this three game road trip, with the next match being against the Patriots. I think they can win that one, New England is good but not consistent right now.

Slicker
11-19-2006, 04:25 PM
McNabb tore his ACL and is done for the season.

I almost feel bad for those of you who had him on your fantasy teams but since I have Peyton I'm still good.

figrin bran
11-19-2006, 04:51 PM
when i saw that Philly/Tenn score, i immediately thought that something must've happened to mcnabb

JetsAndHeels
11-19-2006, 06:35 PM
yea.....but you can say that of any team. Show me a team that has never lost a game and you got a point.:ermm:

Umm, my point was simply that Miami proved they can be beaten.....
Having said that, congrats on your win today.

Slicker
11-19-2006, 06:38 PM
Well, the surviving members of the 1972 Dolphins are gonna party tonight.

figrin bran
11-19-2006, 08:19 PM
Great going Lions! couldn't even beat the Cardinals. you are who we thought you were ;)

JetsAndHeels
11-19-2006, 08:23 PM
Dear Eagles Fans:

I am sorry I couldn't make it through another game. It was all those damn Campbell's Chunky soup commercials and that crappy take an NFL player to school ad. Between that and the sports hernia, losing the super bowl 2 years ago and the madden curse in 2005, I have had enough.

Sincerely,
Donovan McNabb's ACL

pbarnard
11-19-2006, 08:28 PM
Great going Lions! couldn't even beat the Cardinals. you are who we thought you were ;)

Matt Millen realized that the Raiders were going to screw up the Draft by selecting a receiver before he could, because he's some how going to keep his job because the league won't contract Oakland argument will work on the cash strapped Ford family who can't afford to buy him out now that their Ford stock is worth the paper it's printed on.

kool-aid killer
11-19-2006, 10:43 PM
Chargers just finished up beating the Broncos. Coolest part of the game, either the Broncos losing or seeing their center get socked in the back of the head for going at a defensive line guy's knees when everyone else had stopped on the play in the last minute(s) of the game.

Happy day for KAK: Green Cheese Packers get destroyed, a Manning loses, and Vick gets exposed once again as the most overrated player in the league.

scruffziller
11-20-2006, 10:04 AM
Umm, my point was simply that Miami proved they can be beaten.....
Having said that, congrats on your win today.

Oh, I see, misunderstood you. Thnx. You guys were a worthy opponent.

figrin bran
11-20-2006, 11:12 AM
Happy day for KAK: Green Cheese Packers get destroyed, a Manning loses, and Vick gets exposed once again as the most overrated player in the league.

and you're only realizing this now??? take away vick's running ability and you have a QB that is worse than Joey Harrington, Aaron Brooks, maybe even Andrew Walter. heck, Vinny Testaverde at his age (50???) is better than Mr. Mexico right now.

kool-aid killer
11-20-2006, 12:14 PM
Oh no, ive known that. But if you listen to the talking heads on television, whenever hes got a good game they all speak about how Michael Vick is maturing and whatnot, and the following weeks hes proves them to be wrong. Yet the media still has a fascination with him.

Kidhuman
11-20-2006, 04:44 PM
Vick has been overrated since his days at VT. Trust me, a Blacksburg resident, they still talk about Vick like he is a God. I called the local radio sports station one day. The question they were asking is who is the most over rated player in pro sports. Of course I answered Vick. They were shocked.

figrin bran
11-24-2006, 02:22 AM
Joey Harrington isn't who we thought he was!!!!

Tony Romo for MVP!!!!

Darth Jax
11-24-2006, 09:13 AM
Romo played great.

And next week signals the start of another era in denver, the jake the snake experiment is over. we'll see how cutler does when he's handed the reins to a shaky running team and is expected to throw the ball.

2-1B
11-24-2006, 09:29 AM
I hope Cutler fails and Shanahan gets fired. I hate Denver.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-24-2006, 09:57 AM
I hope Cutler fails and Shanahan gets fired. I hate Denver.Stop your subtlety, Caesar! :o

I don't know how I feel about the third Thanksgiving game. If it's going to be a rotation (but I assume it may be limited to teams in the Pacific and Mountain zones), that might be fine. But Kansas City every year when I'm too tired to move and change the channel... ugh. Well, I don't even get the NFL Network (saw it at friend's home), so it could be a moot point anyway.

figrin bran
11-24-2006, 10:56 AM
I think the broncos will run the ball even more with Cutler in there. and of course, shanahan is going to continue his shananigans of using as many different running backs as he can - mike bell, tatum bell, damien nash.

i don't think i hate denver nearly as much as i hate rat shanahan

2-1B
11-24-2006, 11:50 AM
nice Jungle reference, I love it. :D

BC3, I'd much rather watch KC every year than I would Det or Dal...

JetsAndHeels
11-24-2006, 12:50 PM
Joey Harrington isn't who we thought he was!!!!

The Lions PA announcer was instructed to name the Miami squad by number only, except for the QB, one Joey Harrington. This was an attempt to get them to boo him even more. Pretty tough homecoming for Joey, but he played very well.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-24-2006, 06:27 PM
I get the NFL Network, but it's going to be moved into a tier that I don't have starting December 14. That's the same day the Seahawks will be playing, but I think they will make the game available on a local channel. The last Monday night game they played was on another channel besides ESPN, and I think Monday's game against Green Bay will be as well.

Yesterday was the first Thanksgiving that I can remember where I didn't watch any football at all. I didn't think to turn on the early game before I went to my parents house. We didn't have the TV on at all when we were there. I got home about the time the KC-Denver game was over.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-25-2006, 10:03 AM
nice Jungle reference, I love it. :D

BC3, I'd much rather watch KC every year than I would Det or Dal...Shouldn't that be Ranat Shanahan, on this SW site? :rolleyes:

Unless you're a fan of Dal or Det, how many people watch those games for the home teams? I more often am interested in their opponents. So then, by that logic, I guess I shouldn't care about KC as the host.

To drop another Jungle reference, the NFL Network deal? Thirty pieces of silver, and tramps like us [get stuck with what's there]. I'm out.

2-1B
11-25-2006, 10:06 AM
Rack him

Kidhuman
11-25-2006, 02:00 PM
He got my vote for best call of the day.

figrin bran
11-26-2006, 10:32 PM
nice way to salute the fans, Ron Mex

The Bears/Falcons/Giants/Steelers are who we thought they are

kool-aid killer
11-26-2006, 10:40 PM
Bears offense played poor throughout the game against New England. Even then, they were a drive down the field away from winning. With a little under two minutes left, Grossman didnt need to throw so far down the field. He could have worked the sidelines instead. Once it was picked, game over. Grossmans is losing fans real quick, his fumble in the red zone was costly too. The defense played well for the most part, and in my opinion held up their end of the game, forcing turnovers and whatnot. But the offense just wasnt there, and you know that when the biggest offensive plays come from penalties. Im still a believer in the team though, New England was just a bit luckier today.

JetsAndHeels
11-26-2006, 10:43 PM
nice way to salute the fans, Ron Mex

And he didn't even do it in the cool way, like Leon Washington. :)

figrin bran
11-27-2006, 12:25 AM
Bears offense played poor throughout the game against New England. Even then, they were a drive down the field away from winning. With a little under two minutes left, Grossman didnt need to throw so far down the field. He could have worked the sidelines instead. Once it was picked, game over. Grossmans is losing fans real quick, his fumble in the red zone was costly too. The defense played well for the most part, and in my opinion held up their end of the game, forcing turnovers and whatnot. But the offense just wasnt there, and you know that when the biggest offensive plays come from penalties. Im still a believer in the team though, New England was just a bit luckier today.

Well, from what we've seen of Grossman, he doesn't want to work the sidelines, he doesn't want to checkdown and dink and dunk, he wants to go deep to Berrian.

Caesar, you know what? at first i didn't know what you meant by "Jungle reference" and then i realized yes Jim Rome's Jungle! Ever since i finished school and started working full time i haven't listened except on rare weekdays off but "rat shanahan" still rolls off the tongue quite easily.

scruffziller
11-27-2006, 03:36 AM
Bears offense played poor throughout the game against New England. Even then, they were a drive down the field away from winning. With a little under two minutes left, Grossman didn't need to throw so far down the field. He could have worked the sidelines instead. Once it was picked, game over. Grossmans is losing fans real quick, his fumble in the red zone was costly too. The defense played well for the most part, and in my opinion held up their end of the game, forcing turnovers and whatnot. But the offense just wasn't there, and you know that when the biggest offensive plays come from penalties. I'm still a believer in the team though, New England was just a bit luckier today.

Yea....... It was a sad game to watch.:sad: They played real sloppy. They had a ton of opportunities to make some points but fell short through careless mistakes. It was a tough fight and they played hard but if they would have had their game sewn up then they would have won.

Not that it really mattered to the outcome of the game, but did anyone see the footage of one of the Pats trying to nudgekick the ball a few inches just before it was measured.:rolleyes: I don't think I have ever seen a team like the Pats play so dirty. Pass interference after pass interference after pass interference. It worked to our advantage but they just kept trying to get away with all they could.:rolleyes:

2-1B
11-27-2006, 07:06 PM
I don't think I have ever seen a team like the Pats play so dirty.

For Your Consideration, I present the Raiders of Oakland and Los Angeles. lol

figrin bran
11-27-2006, 09:19 PM
The Pats have been doing that grabbing receivers thing for years now...haven't you watched the AFC Championship games against the Colts?

and how about those Super Bowl Bronco teams with those cut blocking O Linemen and Bill Romanowski?

UKWildcat
11-27-2006, 10:05 PM
And he didn't even do it in the cool way, like Leon Washington. :)

What did L. Washington do?

JetsAndHeels
11-27-2006, 10:17 PM
On his Bowman Signs of the Future card, he is using his hands to make a "W" type gesture for his high school.
Instead it came out looking like he was flipping the bird on each hand.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20061115/capt.92d633d0e50d4e5aa48be49c067f59fa.jets_washing ton_card_football_ny172.jpg

UKWildcat
11-27-2006, 10:20 PM
Oh, LOL, I had never seen that before. Thanks JAH. :)

Slicker
11-27-2006, 10:29 PM
Is it just me or does he look like Ashy Larry?

scruffziller
11-28-2006, 08:44 AM
Is it just me or does he look like Ashy Larry?

If he was fatter.

figrin bran
11-28-2006, 11:09 AM
Rat Shanahan, you're crazy if you're turning your team over to a rookie QB at this point in the season.

JimJamBonds
11-28-2006, 11:22 AM
Rat Shanahan, you're crazy if you're turning your team over to a rookie QB at this point in the season.

What's with the Hateraide there Fig?!?! The Bronco's are sucking this year thats why Plummer is hitting the bench....... ohhhh wait they are 7-4 thats why its a dumb move!!!! Nevermind move along. :p

Rogue II
11-28-2006, 11:49 AM
One analyst said if your starting QB is going to play like a rookie, you might as well start the rookie. All the Broncos fans I know are happy about the switch. They all like how Cutler looked in the preseason, and Plummer's probably not going to be a Bronco next season anyway.

JimJamBonds
11-28-2006, 12:32 PM
One analyst said if your starting QB is going to play like a rookie, you might as well start the rookie.

I heard that as well.... was that on ESPN Radio?

Rogue II
11-28-2006, 12:48 PM
I think I was Sean Salsbury when I was watching ESPN News this weekend...only because I was desperate to see the Bills highlights.

figrin bran
11-28-2006, 10:35 PM
you want real "haterade"? here it is!

Is it time for $aint Reggie to be officially labeled a bust? his team is 7-4 and yet his contributions have been scant. 331 rushing yards and 1 td, 64 receptions for 431 yards, no TD's. 2 fumbles. that's not what you expect from the 2nd player drafted overall, now is it? now you could say that opposing teams are game planning to stop him and so he's just playing a decoy role. fine, but by this point in the season, the Saints have established themselves as a pass first team as evidenced by Brees' weekly 6000 yard passing days. by now opposing defenses should have adjusted to stop the pass and not focus so much on Bush.

you could also argue that he's sharing carries with McAllister and so naturally his production should suffer. as i argued before the season, Mr. Bush ain't an every down back and he needs to get the ball out in open space to do damage. so why hasn't it happened? why only 1 td to this point? could it be that NFL defenses are a quantum leap above Pac 10 defenses (as a fan of a pac 10 school, the answer is heck yeah) and so the open spaces that reggie was used to just aren't there or they close up with in a matter of seconds.

anyhow, here's good news for Raider Fan, the bed and breakfast owner has been replaced!

2-1B
11-28-2006, 10:40 PM
I'm not a Reggie Bush fan but I think it's too early to call him a bust...no way, not yet.

JetsAndHeels
11-28-2006, 11:11 PM
Reggie is going to have a good career, but I can name you a few rookie running backs better than him right now:

Lawrence Maroney
Maurice Jones-Drew
Joseph Addai
Leon Washington

I even think Deangelo Williams could be considered had he not suffered an injury earlier in the season.

I will say this about Reggie...going into this year's draft I did not think he had the body size for a successful NFL rb. His speed and running style made him what he was at USC, but as we are now witnessing this year in the NFL its a totally different game. Like I said, I think he will have a good career. I think he will play better the longer he is in the league and adjusts to the differences. I do NOT think he will be an every down back (I agree with you FB!!) but still when he is on the field defenses plan around him. Whether you like him or not, that is a good thing to have on your side if you want to run a successful offense.

2-1B
11-28-2006, 11:33 PM
J&H, don't forget about Lawrence Philips and Bam Morris, 2 more up and coming running backs.

JetsAndHeels
11-28-2006, 11:35 PM
J&H, don't forget about Lawrence Philips and Bam Morris, 2 more up and coming running backs.

Of course, plus that guy in Detroit..Brian Calhoun. I know that they have Kevin Jones but still when your main guy gets injured (as Jones has) you need someone solid to pick up the slack. Calhoun can do that, and if not in Detroit then somewhere else.

figrin bran
11-28-2006, 11:42 PM

Caesar, don't forget about Maurice Clarett. once he gets cleared of all charges, he's coming back with a vengeance.

J&H, i didn't want my bruin blood to bleed out or else i would've said Maurice Jones-Drew is wayyyy better than Bush. for heaven's sake, the Jaguars are using him and his 5' 7" self as their goal line back

JetsAndHeels
11-28-2006, 11:51 PM
J&H, i didn't want my bruin blood to bleed out or else i would've said Maurice Jones-Drew is wayyyy better than Bush. for heaven's sake, the Jaguars are using him and his 5' 7" self as their goal line back

I know how you feel about him. :)
As you can see, I mentioned him as a rb better than Bush. He is, and he deserves the mention.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-29-2006, 12:23 AM
I'd hardly call Bush a bust at this point either. Tied for 4th in the league in receptions, and he also has a punt return TD. The Saints were 3-13 last year, 7-4 so far this year. Many number one picks have faired far worse. He may not ever be the type of running back that you just hand-off to 20 or 30 times a game, but he doesn't have to do that to make an impact. Plus, having Deuce on the team who has been that steady type of back means that Bush doesn't have to try to fit into that role right away anyway.

figrin bran
11-29-2006, 12:44 AM
I know how you feel about him. :)
As you can see, I mentioned him as a rb better than Bush. He is, and he deserves the mention.

ha, well to be honest, i'm quite surprised by the success that he's having...if you would've asked me before the season, i would've told you he'd be a good 3rd down back. even though he's small, he's well built and has a low center of gravity and so he's tough to bring down but just like i said with $aint Reggie, it's one thing to do it against the teams of the Porous Pac 10, quite another to do it in the NFL.

or to put it another way, as a collector of bruin autographs (heck, i even have tommy maddox) i didn't think it was be this tough to collect his autos but i get outbid on ebay time and time again for his cards.

since no one's said this yet, Bye bye Vanderjagt and good riddance! you weren't worth the money anyhow and it seems like ever since you missed that kick against the steelers last year, you haven't been the same.

2-1B
11-29-2006, 06:07 AM
Agreed on Vandy, I dislike him more than I dislike Peyton Manning. :D

I'd hardly call Bush a bust at this point either. Tied for 4th in the league in receptions, and he also has a punt return TD. The Saints were 3-13 last year, 7-4 so far this year. Many number one picks have faired far worse. He may not ever be the type of running back that you just hand-off to 20 or 30 times a game, but he doesn't have to do that to make an impact. Plus, having Deuce on the team who has been that steady type of back means that Bush doesn't have to try to fit into that role right away anyway.

True, it's almost as if Reggie Bush is FX-7 to Deuce McAllister's...Deuce. lol lol lol

figrin bran
11-29-2006, 09:14 PM
Agreed on Vandy, I dislike him more than I dislike Peyton Manning. :D

True, it's almost as if Reggie Bush is FX-7 to Deuce McAllister's...Deuce. lol lol lol

ermmm....haha but i actually like FX-7 and that's an insult to him!

i'm surprised no one's talked about the juke move that Tom Brady put on Urlacher! that was almost nice as this juke that Chad Pennington pulled off for a TD run back in 2002 i believe. J&H would know ;)

Mad Slanted Powers
11-29-2006, 10:09 PM
I like to call him Urkel-hacker, which makes sense since Family Matters took place in Chicago if I remember correctly.

JetsAndHeels
11-29-2006, 10:40 PM
that was almost nice as this juke that Chad Pennington pulled off for a TD run back in 2002 i believe. J&H would know ;)

2002 against the bills

UKWildcat
11-30-2006, 08:07 PM
Bryant Gumbel is an awful commentator. He's messed up at least 5 times so far tonight. I'm seriously considering Muting my tv so I don't have to listen to him. Has anyone else noticed how often he messes up? or is it just me?

He needs to be replaced.

2-1B
11-30-2006, 08:46 PM
He's bad but Collinsworth is great.

UKWildcat
11-30-2006, 09:14 PM
He's bad but Collinsworth is great.

You mean Dracula?

pbarnard
11-30-2006, 09:49 PM
Bryant Gumbel is an awful commentator.

Means you have to be one of the 10 people with NFL Network, lucky bastard. Beyond that, if Gumbel is the commentator, than Collinsworth is the play by play? If so, yeah he'd need to be replaced. No matter what they can't be worse than Fox's Baldinger, Sarigussa, or any of their other Matt Millen is Madden Light, Bill Maas is Matt Millen Light, Baldinger etc are Maas-lights. Let's not even touch CBS' C and D teams, because well trying to make the Raiders v Texans watchable is only for those degenerate gamblers. Course, monkeys throwing feces would gather more discourse and interest in the game than anything after the top games on any network.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-30-2006, 09:59 PM
I've had the game on since halftime, but haven't really been paying attention. Gumbel just sounds kind of bland is all. I liked him years ago when he hosted the NBC pre-game show. Now, it just sounds like he is back on the Today show or something. Collinsworth is all right.

JetsAndHeels
11-30-2006, 10:34 PM
Gumble sucks. I put the tv on mute and spin some tunes.

Rogue II
11-30-2006, 10:34 PM
I put my comments on Bryant Gumbel in the wrong thread last week. He is horrible. He doesn't know formations and takes long pauses because he doesn't know the players. I didn't see the game tonight, but last week he said "so-and-so" is the lone back, but there was a full back and a halfback in the backfield.

JetsAndHeels
11-30-2006, 10:37 PM
Tonight he asked Collinsworth...Why do the fans cheer when their team challenges a ruling?
Well lets see...because in those instances (where the team feels the ref gave them a bad spot) a coach has to challenge if he thinks its a bad call.
What a moron.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-30-2006, 11:31 PM
Maybe they should try the experiment they did back in the early 80's. I think it was a game between the Dolphins and the Jets where they had no announcers at all.