PDA

View Full Version : NFL Two-Thousand Six (or MMVI)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Rogue II
12-01-2006, 10:37 AM
I heard the CFL tried that a year or so back and the TV ratings were higher than the games with the announcers.

scruffziller
12-02-2006, 08:50 PM
For Your Consideration, I present the Raiders of Oakland and Los Angeles. lol

I should add, now that I was told by my uncle who was attending the Bears games back in the 50s and 60s with my gramps; that the Raiders modeled their "techniques" after the Bears and that the Bears used to do the same stuff all the time.:D

Mad Slanted Powers
12-02-2006, 09:32 PM
I heard the CFL tried that a year or so back and the TV ratings were higher than the games with the announcers.

I guess they preferred silence to Don Whitman.

2-1B
12-03-2006, 01:31 PM
Congrats J&H, looks like the Jets are already en route to yet another win in GB against our Porkers.

kool-aid killer
12-03-2006, 07:05 PM
Da Bears beat the Viqueens today, 23-13. It was a close game until the third quarter, then the defense and special teams kicked it up a notch. Im disappointed in the offense, and moreso Grossman. Usually i toss blame on a line first, as they need to hold off the pass rush or create openings for the backs, but Grossmans been playing like an idiot these past two weeks. Way too many interceptions, hes lucky the defense is a monster and can make up for his errors, or else this squad wouldnt be much to talk about.

DarthQuack
12-03-2006, 07:27 PM
Yea...what a shocker, the Giants lose again.....I always have a problem when teams leave a minute or two left on the clock after tying a game up....so stupid.

2-1B
12-03-2006, 07:35 PM
Yea...what a shocker, the Giants lose again.....I always have a problem when teams leave a minute or two left on the clock after tying a game up....so stupid.

not a spocker ?

DarthQuack
12-03-2006, 07:37 PM
Someone give that man a rimshot!

2-1B
12-03-2006, 07:41 PM
Someone give that man a rimshot!

Give whom - Santa ? :confused:

lol lol lol

JetsAndHeels
12-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Congrats J&H, looks like the Jets are already en route to yet another win in GB against our Porkers.

And congrats on the Browns beating KC today. I love to see Herm lose!!

38-10, Jets over the Packers. This is one of the few Jet games I have been comfortable in..of course last week against Houston it was like that too.
I am now enjoying how it feels to have a competent coach and supporting staff in your corner. Mangini is a class act who has definately made a difference in the entire organization.
For anyone wanting on the Gang Green bandwagon, come on in...there's room. Just remember the seat occupied by yours truly has always been filled. :)

figrin bran
12-03-2006, 10:59 PM
i guess i was wrong about $aint Reggie, as painful as it is for me to admit. thanks for nothing 49ers!

i stand corrected about Grossman though.

so i learned that Champ Bailey is not just a cover corner but a complete corner because he plays the run. didn't we hear that just 2 weeks ago? :p

2-1B
12-03-2006, 11:01 PM
Hey figrin bran....

this is Our Country.

figrin bran
12-03-2006, 11:05 PM
dangit Caesar, if i were a mod, i'd ban you for that! :p

by now i've come to accept that it's going to come on every 3 minutes during football games but for heaven's sake, i see that blasted commercial during regular tv shows as well.

i like the new peyton manning commercial though. "just rub some dirt on it and you'll be okay...don't worry billy you still got the best arm in the neighborhood"

pbarnard
12-03-2006, 11:08 PM

38-10, Jets over the Packers. This is one of the few Jet games I have been comfortable in..of :)

Just in from tomorrow's owner's conference call, all victories against the Packers don't count ;)

JetsAndHeels
12-03-2006, 11:12 PM
Just in from tomorrow's owner's conference call, all victories against the Packers don't count ;)

Haha..then Brett's consecutive starts don't either. :)

figrin bran
12-04-2006, 02:17 AM
another thing i learned from tonight's broadcast:

"playing in the NFL is hard."

Darth Jax
12-04-2006, 08:15 AM
and the hardest of those positions to play is quarterback.

and how is it every week the game features a match-up of "two of the greatest minds in football?"

Mad Slanted Powers
12-04-2006, 09:59 AM
and the hardest of those positions to play is quarterback.

and how is it every week the game features a match-up of "two of the greatest minds in football?"
The new flex scheduling makes sure of it.

kool-aid killer
12-04-2006, 12:21 PM

38-10, Jets over the Packers. This is one of the few Jet games I have been comfortable in..of course last week against Houston it was like that too.
I am now enjoying how it feels to have a competent coach and supporting staff in your corner. Mangini is a class act who has definately made a difference in the entire organization.
For anyone wanting on the Gang Green bandwagon, come on in...there's room. Just remember the seat occupied by yours truly has always been filled. :)

I enjoyed seeing the score keep going up for the Jets while i was watching the Bears and Vikings game. It seemed like whenever i checked they had added to it. I thought, J&H has got to be happy with that game.

bobafrett
12-04-2006, 04:44 PM
Detroit looked like they were keeping the game close from what I could tell when they announced the scores on the radio while the Bears game was going on. Grossman had a 1.3 passer rating. Last Year coach Lovie pulled Ortman who had a much better passer rating and fewer interceptions. Now we just have to play for home field throughout the playoffs!

kool-aid killer
12-05-2006, 02:52 PM
Is pulling him really a viable option though? Maybe short term, but long term it still leaves Da Bears without a solid quarterback that they can build around. Either way, Grossman has got to start making better choices, i think hes the only question mark on both sides of the ball.

figrin bran
12-07-2006, 01:20 AM
the rap on grossman is that he has poor mechanics not to mention too much of a riverboat gambler mentality (just like brett) and gets really rattled when blitzed heavily. of course it doesn't help the passing plays are always targetting berrian or muhammed on deep patterns.

with a defense as dominant as theirs, you really only need a "caretaker" sort of QB in order to win

2-1B
12-07-2006, 07:43 PM
Go Browns tonight !

pbarnard
12-07-2006, 09:32 PM
the rap on grossman is that he has poor mechanics not to mention too much of a riverboat gambler mentality (just like brett) and gets really rattled when blitzed heavily. of course it doesn't help the passing plays are always targetting berrian or muhammed on deep patterns.

with a defense as dominant as theirs, you really only need a "caretaker" sort of QB in order to win

Not really. It's more a matter of he doesn't know how or won't read a defense. He makes no progressions, he locks onto a receiver which is obvious to anyone who sees 2 games of his. If he looks left initially, he throws right. It was really obvious on the clips shown today on NFL Tonight.

Vince Young has actually done better at reading defenses than Grossman and he was knocked by everyone at the draft for his inability to read a defense while the qb out of Oregon St who was drafted later on who ran the same offense could make reads.

Oh, back on announcer rants. I tried watching a fantasy show that featured my "favorite" fox color commentator, Brian Baldinger. If one followed his fantasy advice, you must be giving your money away to people a lot. Comparing his picks to those found online at Yahoo, NFL.com, nbcsports.com, and ESPN, he started people those sites said sit. He said to sit those who those sites said to start. Could some one revoke his football expert card now please?

2-1B
12-07-2006, 10:36 PM
not a big Baldy fan, eh pbarnard ? Can't say I blame ya. lol lol lol

Mad Slanted Powers
12-08-2006, 02:06 AM
not a big Baldy fan, eh MSP ? Can't say I blame ya. lol lol lolI think you might need your vision checked. :D I'm not sure if I remember what Baldinger sounds like, so I guess I'm not a fan either. He's probably one of the many new announcers that all sound the same to me.

pbarnard
12-08-2006, 02:00 PM
I think you might need your vision checked. :D I'm not sure if I remember what Baldinger sounds like, so I guess I'm not a fan either. He's probably one of the many new announcers that all sound the same to me.

No, he's a long time Fox guy. This stems from when they had Madden, Millen, and Maas as their top three teams. I've made the argument here that Millen is a madden light, maas is Millen light, etc. So Baldinger is the fourth generation clone and long time hanger on. I just wish Fox now would go with the total conversion to ex-Dallas White Cowboys from the 90s (as opposed to ESPN's ex Dallas Black Cowboys from the 90s). It's a pain I have to endure living pretty much in the middle between KC, Chicago, Minnesota, St. Louis (4-5 hours) and distantly Green Bay or Denver (about 6-8 hours). You get a lot of C and D team coverage and not the national or best games.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-08-2006, 07:49 PM
No, he's a long time Fox guy.Oh, I know he's probably been around a while, but to me he's still new because he's not Dick Enberg, Don Criqui, Marv Albert, John Madden or Al Michaels. Being a Seahawks fan, I grew up watching the NBC telecasts, Monday Night Football and the occasional CBS game, so those were the voices I was used to hearing. Once Fox began covering games, I didn't recognize a lot of the voices, though I may have known some of the names of former players. They just didn't have the distinct voices that I had enjoyed hearing as a kid.

pbarnard
12-08-2006, 10:23 PM
Oh, I know he's probably been around a while, but to me he's still new because he's not Dick Enberg, Don Criqui, Marv Albert, John Madden or Al Michaels. Being a Seahawks fan, I grew up watching the NBC telecasts, Monday Night Football and the occasional CBS game, so those were the voices I was used to hearing. Once Fox began covering games, I didn't recognize a lot of the voices, though I may have known some of the names of former players. They just didn't have the distinct voices that I had enjoyed hearing as a kid.

Fox, at least the first 3 years, was essentially a direct lift of all the CBS talent. Course, the Seahawks still weren't an NFC team yet.

I laughed when you said Don Criqui (or just about anyone from when NBC had the AFC). How can one call a game with Marino or Elway's um, jock strap contents, in their mouths. Remember, John Elway did not win a Superbowl, Terrel Davis and Mike Shanahan's strategy did. Anyone could've been handing off the ball there.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-09-2006, 03:34 AM
I laughed when you said Don Criqui (or just about anyone from when NBC had the AFC). How can one call a game with Marino or Elway's um, jock strap contents, in their mouths. Remember, John Elway did not win a Superbowl, Terrel Davis and Mike Shanahan's strategy did. Anyone could've been handing off the ball there.Not exactly sure what you are referring to there. I don't really remember the content of what they said. For me it's just the voices, and the memories and feelings of those times associated with them. That's why it's nice when I'm able to catch a game these days with Enberg or Criqui in the booth. There is a comfortable familiarity with them, and it seems there is more character to them. I can't even remember the names of the crew that call most of the games I've watched this year, and their voices don't have any distinguishing characteristics to make them stand out from the rest.

pbarnard
12-09-2006, 09:51 PM
Not exactly sure what you are referring to there. I don't really remember the content of what they said. For me it's just the voices, and the memories and feelings of those times associated with them. That's why it's nice when I'm able to catch a game these days with Enberg or Criqui in the booth. There is a comfortable familiarity with them, and it seems there is more character to them. I can't even remember the names of the crew that call most of the games I've watched this year, and their voices don't have any distinguishing characteristics to make them stand out from the rest.

I'm talking about how networks/announcers really fall in love with certain players because of their talent. In reality, what actually happened is that these superstars agents effectively used the networks and local fans who won't question anything the team does into believing theses guys helped their teams win. That's a flat lie. If they would've taken pay cuts in their prime, accepted a lesser roll for their talent, demanded that they have some sort of offensive balance they could've won sooner. John Elway was exposed in every superbowl he played in and only when it was an illegal blocking scheme and a running back was put in his place by a coach who wasn't intimidated by the media image that was Elway, did he win. At the time, both Marino and Elway played in the inferior less competitive conference where a superstar on an unbalanced team could serve up the lamb to the NFC east or San Fransisco power. There was no salary cap yet (so maybe taking a paycut was not necessary, but would've showed ownership they were serious about winning), and they could've stock piled talent. They didn't want it or didn't make it possible for their teams to sign it. It was the superstar quarterback with their jock in the mouth of the media who ran the team. It sounds very much like the NBA and what happens after they decided to take that power away? Parity. Ratings went up. The NFL surpassed baseball as the national pastime etc.

JetsAndHeels
12-09-2006, 10:32 PM
At the time, both Marino and Elway played in the inferior less competitive conference

Marino was a good quarterback, yes....However I will never forgive him for that fake spike bs he pulled on my team. Yeah he seemed slick doing it, but I've pretty much never liked the guy since then. Sure he was a divisional rival and we as jet fans are taught to hate them, but I always appreciated the talent he brought to his team (and yes I realize the Jets could have drafted him).

On another note, the Chiefs have not lost a home game in December in the past 2 seasons. Who is with me and says Herm finds a way to break that streak tomorrow?

2-1B
12-09-2006, 11:54 PM
I hope not, I put a few confidence points on KC tomorrow.

JetsAndHeels
12-09-2006, 11:59 PM
I hope not, I put a few confidence points on KC tomorrow.

That one could go either way. Either LJ lights it up or the Ravens D shuts em down.....I say its 50/50 but I have no faith in Herm as you know.

figrin bran
12-10-2006, 01:56 AM
Trent Green is going to pass for 4 TD's again! :p

2-1B
12-10-2006, 06:42 PM
Good call on Herm and the KC Queefs there J&H but if I may borrow a line from the old guy in the bar in Big Daddy..."god damn Jets." :mad:

Honestly, New England gets shut out by Miami so the Jets are in great position but what do they do, they go out and are currently losing 31-13 to the Buffalos...ridiculous.

Sorry, I'm just salty because I put double digit confidence points on the Jets and I needed them this week. :cry:

Mad Slanted Powers
12-10-2006, 08:28 PM
I used to be upset that the Seahawks got moved to the NFC, but now I am glad we are in this crappy division.

2-1B
12-10-2006, 08:39 PM
except for today, of course. lol lol lol

Mad Slanted Powers
12-10-2006, 08:45 PM
except for today, of course. lol lol lol

No, especially today. They can lose to the cellar-dwelling Cardinals and still have a three game lead in the division. Now they just have to beat San Francisco at home on Thursday to win the division. If they don't, they still only need one win or an SF loss.

figrin bran
12-10-2006, 09:45 PM
Maurice Jones-Drew for ROY!!!!! :thumbsup:

2-1B
12-10-2006, 09:58 PM
No, especially today. They can lose to the cellar-dwelling Cardinals and still have a three game lead in the division. Now they just have to beat San Francisco at home on Thursday to win the division. If they don't, they still only need one win or an SF loss.

but they lost to the Cardinals. The Cardinals. :crazed:

Good luck vs. the Nines, they got the best of the Hawks a few weeks back but I think it will be a different outcome on Thursday. :)

JetsAndHeels
12-10-2006, 10:23 PM
Honestly, New England gets shut out by Miami so the Jets are in great position but what do they do, they go out and are currently losing 31-13 to the Buffalos...ridiculous.

Sorry, I'm just salty because I put double digit confidence points on the Jets and I needed them this week. :cry:

I know, I know. Here they are on a roll and the Pats lay a big goose egg down in Miami...there was a golden opportunity and they let it slip by playing a crappy game. Kudos to the Bills as well.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-10-2006, 11:01 PM
but they lost to the Cardinals. The Cardinals. :crazed:

Good luck vs. the Nines, they got the best of the Hawks a few weeks back but I think it will be a different outcome on Thursday. :)

Historically, they've had trouble with the Cardinals. Historically, they've done well on the night games.

bobafrett
12-11-2006, 06:33 AM
The Bears have a Monday night game tonight. I'm hoping for a light crowd when the game starts tonight. I will be able to watch it on the three TV's in the Y.M.C.A.!

kool-aid killer
12-11-2006, 10:59 AM
I wont be able to see tonights game, i go back to working a full shift (10 hours) at my current job so i wont be getting out until 2am tomorrow. The Rams havent been great this season, but theyve got some good players so i expect this game to be ok. More than anything, i hope Grossman can settle down and start stringing some passes together. Maybe i can get one of my friends to record it for me.

Kidhuman
12-12-2006, 07:08 AM
Safe to say Rexs' head stays one for at least one more week.

figrin bran
12-13-2006, 02:41 AM
Mellancamp didn't land the Super Bowl halftime gig! why not, after all that's he's done this year?? you think of games during the 2006 season and then you think of all the commercial breaks where we were graced by his fine work.

Pink didn't even get the gig. come on now! :p

scruffziller
12-13-2006, 01:31 PM
Maurice Jones-Drew for ROY!!!!! :thumbsup:

No, Hester.

figrin bran
12-13-2006, 11:07 PM
as in Devin Hester? not to take anything away from him but he's just a special teams returner (and a pro bowl caliber one at that) and i'd rather see a premier position player win the award. heck, i'd rather $aint Reggie win it over Hester and if you've read this thread for any length of time, you'll know that i totally hate Mr. Bush with a passion.

but all this debating is moot since Jones-Drew is going to win it!

JetsAndHeels
12-13-2006, 11:22 PM
i'd rather $aint Reggie win it over Hester

Reggie won't be winning it. I can name you a few rookies this year who are better than him...

Vince Young
Maroney
Jones-Drew
Colston
Hester

UKWildcat
12-13-2006, 11:57 PM
I think Colston would have been a lock to win it had he not gotten injured and missed two weeks and had he continued his fantastic play during that time.

figrin bran
12-14-2006, 01:22 AM
Reggie won't be winning it. I can name you a few rookies this year who are better than him...

Vince Young
Maroney
Jones-Drew
Colston
Hester

i know he doesn't have a chance...i was just saying that for the sake of argument. and i agree with UKW that Colston would've been a lock had he not missed 2 games. and to think that he was what the 3rd to last pick???

however, if Vince Young keeps pulling off comeback victories the next 3 weeks, that would certainly swing a great deal of votes in his favor.

scruffziller
12-17-2006, 05:48 PM
WOOOOOO!!!! What a nail biter of a game!!!!
Grossman looks like he has his head back in tha game.

D-fence seems to be slipping up a bit but that could just mean these teams later in the season have been studying their science and acting in accordance. They better work on some new strategies in time for the POs. Then again having players injured didn't help either. Hope Tank is back in soon.

as in Devin Hester?

Oh I meant to type Fester. As in Uncle.:D

2-1B
12-17-2006, 07:18 PM
WTF is up with the Dolphins ? They shutout the Patriots last week but then turn around and lose by the same score to the Buffalos. What ? :confused:

Hey Caps and Slick and Rocketlad, I was at Lambeau Field today to watch your Motor City Kitties in action against the Packers...not a pretty game. From both sides, really.

kool-aid killer
12-17-2006, 07:28 PM
WOOOOOO!!!! What a nail biter of a game!!!!
Grossman looks like he has his head back in tha game.

D-fence seems to be slipping up a bit but that could just mean these teams later in the season have been studying their science and acting in accordance. They better work on some new strategies in time for the POs. Then again having players injured didn't help either. Hope Tank is back in soon.

Oh I meant to type Fester. As in Uncle.:D

I hear you. One minute it looks like theyll blow them out, and soon after its a close game. Grossman wasnt bad, but Hesters kickoff return fumble really turned the tide in Tampa Bays favor. Plus, the last couple of Tampa Bay touchdowns (after the fumble, Galloways TD catch and run, Hilliards TD catch and run) were fast scores, they didnt use up much clock at all on those drives. Once it went into overtime, the Bears had the better possessions and capped it off with a Robbie Gould game winning field goal kick. A win is a win.

The announcers said that Tank Johnson has said that he doesnt believe the Bears will keep him in light of his recent run ins with the law. If so its too bad, but hes got to realize that the choices you make off the field can affect your career.

JetsAndHeels
12-18-2006, 11:45 PM
This is the ONLY week that those annoying "is it Monday yet" commercials for MNF won't bother me. Six days until the Dolphins take on the JETS!!
We need a big Christmas win to keep the playoff hopes alive!!

IS IT MONDAY YET??
:)

figrin bran
12-19-2006, 01:27 AM
TO vs. Sean Taylor in a spitting contest. who wins? :p

so TO can mouth off all he wants but he can't take it when DHall trades verbal spars with him? :rolleyes:

2-1B
12-19-2006, 09:32 AM
TO is who we thought he was.

Slicker
12-19-2006, 10:27 AM
This is exactly why I never watch the news anymore. It is just too depressing.

JetsAndHeels
12-19-2006, 11:48 PM
Best. Picture. Ever.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2006/12/19/sports/19jets.1.600.jpg

bobafrett
12-19-2006, 11:50 PM
Best. Picture. Ever.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2006/12/19/sports/19jets.1.600.jpg

And the caption shall read "We're going to lose to the Chicago Bears, oh my!"

figrin bran
12-20-2006, 12:05 AM
naw, the caption reads "hey elmo, how fast can you run the 40?"

JetsAndHeels
12-20-2006, 12:14 AM
You both got it wrong.
Elmo says to the guys: "5 to see it, 10 to watch me play with it. The fish guys...the fish!!"

figrin bran
12-20-2006, 12:31 AM
come on admit it Heels, you know Mangini is thinking of adding Elmo into the running back rotation.

Rogue II
12-20-2006, 11:24 AM
I can't believe this. There is still a remote chance the Bills could make the playoffs.

At 7-7, the Bills trail the New York Jets, Cincinnati Bengals, Denver Broncos and Jacksonville Jaguars by only one game in the wild-card playoff race. The Tennessee Titans, Kansas City Chiefs and Pittsburgh Steelers also are 7-7, but the Bills are ahead of them with a better conference record.

If the Bills beat Tennessee on Sunday and then win at Baltimore, they would need the following scenarios to jump three of the four teams ahead of them:

• A Jets loss at Miami on Sunday: This would make the Bills and Jets 3-3 in the AFC East, but the Bills would finish with a better conference record. A Jets win and they edge the Bills with a better division mark.

• A Bengals loss at Denver on Sunday: Buffalo and Cincinnati are 1-4 versus common opponents and if the Bills win two and the Bengals split, they would both be 7-5 in the conference. The next tiebreaker would be strength of victory, which would favor Buffalo.

• The Jaguars lose one of their final two games: The Jags host New England on Sunday before visiting Kansas City. The Bills beat Jacksonville earlier this season, so they would win the head-to-head tiebreaker.

• Two Denver losses: If the Broncos split home games against Cincinnati and San Francisco they would match Buffalo's conference record but would be 2-3 versus common opponents compared to Buffalo's 1-4 record. If both teams finish 9-7, the Bills could only beat out the Broncos if Kansas City has the same record. The Chiefs would have a better division record than the Broncos but the Bills would top the Chiefs with a better conference mark.

What was not mentioned in the Bills' playoff scenario is that there also has to be peace in the Middle East, Jimmy Hoffa body needs to be located, and aliens land in my front yard.

Oh, and the caption for the picture should be: If the Bills can beat you guys, then surely this goldfish and I can take you.

JetsAndHeels
12-20-2006, 06:52 PM
come on admit it Heels, you know Mangini is thinking of adding Elmo into the running back rotation.

If elmo can get good yardage I say suit him up.

Tackle Me Elmo.

JetsAndHeels
12-21-2006, 02:50 PM
Get it folks? "Tackle Me Elmo"? instead of Tickle me Elmo its tackle..like in football.

Um, yeah.

Darth Jax
12-21-2006, 02:56 PM
instead of laughing, does elmo spit on you?

JetsAndHeels
12-21-2006, 03:16 PM
instead of laughing, does elmo spit on you?

That would be oscar the grouch version of TO

Darth Jax
12-21-2006, 03:30 PM
That would be oscar the grouch version of TO

special 3 pack offer with sean taylor and bill romanowski available only at FAO Schwartz

JetsAndHeels
12-21-2006, 03:32 PM
special 3 pack offer with sean taylor and bill romanowski available only at FAO Schwartz

And when you buy with your credit card you get the free limited edition Lawrence Taylor fibia and tibia breaker. Its the perfect way to injure people you dont like!!

2-1B
12-21-2006, 07:50 PM
jeez Mooch, ease up on the Favre waterworks ! lol lol lol

If Steve Mariucci is crying during this pregame about Bert Farve retiring, I can only imagine the death screams being expelled by John Madden at this moment...

figrin bran
12-24-2006, 10:25 PM
The Colts aren't who we thought they are! Losing to the Texans???? Ron Dayne goes for 153 and 2 TD's???

Maurice Jones-Drew had another stellar game (which definitely helped out my SSG team. what took you so long to get hurt, Fred Taylor?) but so did Vince Young and so the ROY race remains close.

JetsAndHeels
12-24-2006, 10:32 PM
The Colts have such a knack for doing well early on and in the regular season, only to choke in December and January. Its been like clockwork the past few seasons.

Man, the troubles for Cincinnatti just keep on coming. First all the off field problems with players and so forth, then today botching that extra point attempt that would have tied the game with Denver.

Oh, and is it Monday night yet?
Squish the fish, lets go J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!

Mad Slanted Powers
12-24-2006, 10:38 PM
Seahawks snatched another defeat from the jaws of victory, but still managed to clinch the division thanks to Arizona beating San Francisco. I think Deion Branch was trying to take some of the heat off of Jerramy Stevens by dropping all of those passes.

JimJamBonds
12-25-2006, 12:17 AM
Maurice Jones-Drew had another stellar game (which definitely helped out my SSG team...

Yeah and he hurt my chance of winning my work league's super bowl. :cry:

Tycho
12-25-2006, 12:24 AM
I don't watch a lot of sports, but my hometown San Diego Chargers just played an awesome, if scary 4th quarter and I was glad I got to see the last stretch of the game. That was a great touchdown pass of some 43 yards I think!

Pretty exciting last 4 minutes of a game! (I did see almost all the 4th Quarter though).

Anyway, Charger feaver has re-ignited around here but good!

JimJamBonds
12-25-2006, 12:34 AM
cough *bandwagon* cough

bobafrett
12-25-2006, 01:08 AM
Bears pulled another victory out, but I thought they were going to lose in the closing minute of the fourth quarter facing Detriot. At least I know we are in the playoffs, have a first round bye, and home field locked through the playoffs.

figrin bran
12-25-2006, 01:22 AM
what's Tycho doing in this thread? :p

Marc Bulger had an even better game than Jones-Drew, JJB! :D

Tycho
12-25-2006, 03:06 AM
I just remembered that sometimes football is enjoyable.

When do they use lightsabers and laserguns though? Doesn't the helmets slightly remind you of Optimus Prime's head?

figrin bran
12-25-2006, 03:23 AM
I just remembered that sometimes football is enjoyable.

When do they use lightsabers and laserguns though? Doesn't the helmets slightly remind you of Optimus Prime's head?

haha. on a day like today, your Chargers QB Phillip Rivers would have as good of an aim with a blaster as a stormtrooper :p

2-1B
12-25-2006, 10:19 AM
cough *bandwagon* cough

cough *pretty much* cough

Bel-Cam Jos
12-25-2006, 11:46 AM
The misery that has been 2006 Steelers football has finally been put out... of its? Hmm. We had a looooooooooooooong shot to make the playoffs (I believe it somehow involved the Chicago Cardinals and a drop-kick extra point...), but after gettin' whupped on by the dreaded TakeHisTeamForDaMoneys of Baltimore, I don't know if the playoffs (huh, PLAYoffs?!?) would have treated us too nicely. Great job showing pride and heart there, 'Boighers. Go out and maul you some Bengal tiggers next week.

JetsAndHeels
12-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Bel Cam, I will tell you just like I do my best friend who is a die hard steeler fan: no matter how dissappointed you are with this season, just remember you are still Super Bowl champs. Every year 32 teams strive to achieve that goal and until the new champion is crowned this february, Pittsburgh is reigning title holder.
I would gladly trade one of the many mediocre Jets seasons for a super bowl victory. :)

JetsAndHeels
12-25-2006, 01:32 PM
It is 1:30 pm here on the east coast and Espn has already begun Monday Night Football coverage. If I wasn't pumped enough for this game already, it's even more so now!!

Only about 6 and a half hours to kickoff...lets go

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!

kool-aid killer
12-25-2006, 01:40 PM
Bears pulled another victory out, but I thought they were going to lose in the closing minute of the fourth quarter facing Detriot. At least I know we are in the playoffs, have a first round bye, and home field locked through the playoffs.

How about Griese? He looked a lot more comfortable back there then Grossman has these past few games. Its nice to know that the backup is competent. The Lions played a heck of a game, they didnt look like a 2-13 team yesterday. Im hopeful that this next game against Green Bay no one is injured, id rather lose to the Packers than see a starter get knocked out for the playoffs.

JetsAndHeels
12-25-2006, 06:40 PM
Less than 2 hours from kickoff and I am a complete wreck.

I am so pumped and excited, yet so nervous. This game is HUGE. Jets win tonight, and next week they have the Raiders so things should be ok.

They lose tonight, they need some help but its still well within their reach.

JetsAndHeels
12-25-2006, 07:05 PM
I'm really trying to calm myself down here, so I decided to do a little research and a project. Here is some info for you Figrin Bran. This is about "St. Reggie" as you call him. I looked up his stats for each game this season.

Rushing
Week 1 - 67 yds.
Week 2 - 5 yds.
Week 3 - 53 yds.
Week 4 - 22 yds.
Week 5 - 23 yds.
Week 6 - 26 yds.
Week 7 -
Week 8 - 17 yds.
Week 9 - -5 yds.
Week 10 - 49 yds.
Week 11 - 51 yds.
Week 12 - 24 yds.
Week 13 - 37 yds.
Week 14 - 37 yds.
Week 15 - 14 yds.
Week 16 - 126 yds.

Receiving
Week 1 - 58 yds.
Week 2 - 68 yds.
Week 3 - 19 yds.
Week 4 - 48 yds.
Week 5 - 63 yds.
Week 6 - 35 yds.
Week 7 -
Week 8 - 5 yds.
Week 9 - 22 yds.
Week 10 - 40 yds.
Week 11 - 58 yds.
Week 12 - 21 yds.
Week 13 - 131 yds. (4 TD's by the way)
Week 14 - 125 yds.
Week 15 - 19 yds.
Week 16 - 23 yds

You probably know all this already..I just wanted to get some info and find a way to kill some time as I wait for the Jets game.

kool-aid killer
12-25-2006, 10:17 PM
I loved watching the Eagles dominate the Cowboys today. Im not a fan of Dallas at all. The cheerleaders can stay, but the 'boys need to disappear. Heres hoping they have a short postseason.

Good luck Heels, im rooting for the Jets. Im not watching the game, i cant stand watching more than one football game in a day anymore.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-25-2006, 10:46 PM
Bel Cam, I will tell you just like I do my best friend who is a die hard steeler fan: no matter how dissappointed you are with this season, just remember you are still Super Bowl champs. Every year 32 teams strive to achieve that goal and until the new champion is crowned this february, Pittsburgh is reigning title holder.
I would gladly trade one of the many mediocre Jets seasons for a super bowl victory. :)True, true. I'm not complaining (well, maybe I was a little bit :p ), but to be the defending champions and be so inconsistent has been rough to handle. The "one for the thumb" year was amazing and won't fall out of my memory anytime soon. They've been really good some games, and just dreadfully awful in others; that's the tough thing to take.

JetsAndHeels
12-26-2006, 12:01 AM
Merry Christmas everyone!! I have to say that the first 3 quarters of the JETS game tonight was very boring, but darn if it did not end perfectly!! My team is still in control of their destiny, and they gave me the perfect Christmas gift!!

I love you all, GOODNIGHT NOW!!

figrin bran
12-26-2006, 02:56 AM
Merry Christmas everyone!! I have to say that the first 3 quarters of the JETS game tonight was very boring, but darn if it did not end perfectly!! My team is still in control of their destiny, and they gave me the perfect Christmas gift!!

since i had the Dolphins D playing in our fantasy league, i was riveted to this game and cheered every time the Jets had to punt :p

who the heck is Cleo Lemon and why does he have a girl's name?

Saint Reggie's stats are even worse than i thought...

Tycho
12-26-2006, 03:55 AM
Why I'm on the San Diego Chargers' bandwagon:

link (http://www.dailymotion.com/flash/flvplayer.swf?rev=1166152697&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymotion.com%2Fget%2F13%2F 320x240%2Fflv%2F1441824.flv%3Fkey%3D93adbba1d59df0 5cc69e052ef5405174128e59c%26log%3D1%26log_blog_key %3D35k4S2yrKMw8r635e%26log_referer%3D&previewURL=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.dailymotion.com%2Fd yn%2Fpreview%2F320x240%2F1441824.jpg%3F20061225042 117&autoStart=0&playerURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymotion.com%2Fvideo %2Fxuwio_philip-rivers-leads-the-chargers-ba&estatEnabled=1&estatClient=players_dm&estatSection=blog)

Note to MODERATORS - if you can help clean this mess up, please make sure the link to the video still works. It's been a while since I could edit HTML obviously.

Edit: Fixed it for you Tycho

JimJamBonds
12-26-2006, 09:58 AM

I didn't bother looking at the video but I'm going to say it has something to do with the fact that the Chargers are winning? :D

figrin bran
12-26-2006, 11:11 AM

is it a video of the Chargers cheerleaders? :p

JimJamBonds
12-26-2006, 11:26 AM
is it a video of the Chargers cheerleaders? :p

Actually its a video of the false cheerleaders.

kool-aid killer
12-26-2006, 12:13 PM

I watched the last quarter of the game and i thought the final four-five minutes were awesome. Hard to imagine the game was 3-0 at the start of the fourth. That dude that ran 60 some yards off the screen pass made an awesome play to free himself. Nice. Once that happened i could picture J&H just hopping up and down in joy.

JimJamBonds
12-27-2006, 09:10 AM
So the Packer vs. Bear game is now the Sunday night game... anybody else think Madden will spend the entire broadcast talking about how great Favre is since this could be his last game ever?

This Our Country.

scruffziller
12-27-2006, 10:43 AM
talking about how great Favre is since this could be his last game ever?

And send Favre home crying.:D

figrin bran
12-27-2006, 11:33 AM
i don't think it's Brett's last game but of course it's going to be a 2 and a half hour gushfest from Madden. :p

JetsAndHeels
12-27-2006, 11:58 AM
That dude that ran 60 some yards off the screen pass made an awesome play to free himself. Nice. Once that happened i could picture J&H just hopping up and down in joy.

That is Leon Washington. If it wasn't for him in alot of that game there would have been no offense at all lol.
Yes I was jumping up and down...I was ecstatic...was the best Christmas gift I could have gotten to end the holiday. For the first time in a while, the Jets control their own destiny.

figrin bran
12-27-2006, 10:35 PM
J&H, i've heard/read lots of comparisons of Mr. Bowman Auto 2 finger salute to MJD so why does Mangini insist on being Shanahanesque in how he handles his RB's? it's like they just pull names out of a hat to determine who starts.

No one ever talks about him since his teammates always overshadow him by piling up arrests or making up stupid nicknames for themselves but i want to show some appreciation to Rudi Johnson for being a stalwart on my SSG team this year. it seems like he's good for at least 1,200 yards and 12 TD's every year. Thanks Rudi for getting the tough yards! :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
12-28-2006, 12:22 AM
i don't think it's Brett's last game but of course it's going to be a 2 and a half hour gushfest from Madden. :p

More like 3 hours!!! I came up with a drinking game for the Packer vs Bear game: everytime Madden says "Brett Favre" you take a drink/shot. You'll be hammered by the end of the first quarter!!!!!! lol

JetsAndHeels
12-28-2006, 01:43 PM
why does Mangini insist on being Shanahanesque in how he handles his RB's? it's like they just pull names out of a hat to determine who starts.

Because that is Mangini's style. Whoever is the best player for the position will be the one getting the most work. Starting the season it was Barlow, then Barlow and Washington, then Houston and Barlow and Washington, etc. He plugs in the players who contribute the most that week.
It is like that at all the positions. I think its great, and so far it is working very well.

figrin bran
12-28-2006, 10:05 PM
Well, the Wise Man says that if you've got 2 or 3 guys sharing the load at running back then you don't really have 1. ;)

JetsAndHeels
12-28-2006, 10:20 PM
Well, the Wise Man says that if you've got 2 or 3 guys sharing the load at running back then you don't really have 1. ;)

Having a "running back by committee" approach helps, because you get guys more rest during games and can have more competition for a roster spot.

Mangini did this with everybody, including Chad. During camp Chad had to compete with Patrick Ramsey for his job....everyone had to work hard to play.

figrin bran
12-28-2006, 10:27 PM
don't mind me J&H. i'm just annoyed because my fantasy team that has the Jets RB's is in last place with one more game to go (no playoffs in this league) and i never know when to use Leon Washington or not.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-29-2006, 12:31 AM
That's why I've never liked having a bench in fantasy leagues. Everyone on the roster should count. My first introduction to fantasy sports was reading the official 1983 Rotisserie Baseball book. That was the origin of fantasy sports as we know them today. The first time I actually got to participate in a fantasy league was in a football league a friend set up in high school, and it was frustrating to have to decide which players to use. All the leagues I'm in with people at work are set up that way too.

figrin bran
12-29-2006, 12:48 AM
MSP, i didn't mean that it was frustrating to decide on lineups but rather that it's frustrating when Mike Shanahan and Eric Mangini constantly switch their starters at RB. i actually like having a bench in fantasy football and i love the challenge of deciding which players have the better matchups.

scruffziller
12-29-2006, 07:39 AM
More like 3 hours!!! I came up with a drinking game for the Packer vs Bear game: everytime Madden says "Brett Favre" you take a drink/shot. You'll be hammered by the end of the first quarter!!!!!! lol

WHOAH!!! Perfect!!!! And it's New Years Eve no doubt!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup: :D

JetsAndHeels
12-29-2006, 12:42 PM
it's frustrating when Eric Mangini constantly switch their starters at RB.

He is the "Mangenius"!! Don't mess with success baby!!
Meanwhile, in KC, Herm Edwards had this to say about Mangini:

"I just don't get it...the guy never had one pre-season bbq or pig pickin' and they are in the middle of a playoff run."

figrin bran
12-29-2006, 10:22 PM
i'm going to call him Manahan due to his Shanahanesque tendencies. ;)

figrin bran
12-30-2006, 11:32 PM
Hey Tiki Barber, are you sure you want to retire?

Mad Slanted Powers
12-30-2006, 11:44 PM
Good thing I left him in the lineup in my Yahoo Salary Cap league. I'm too far behind to win the title, but nice to finish on a positive note.

JetsAndHeels
12-30-2006, 11:48 PM
Why are we focusing on Tiki and the Giants? I will take this opportunity to remind everyone that the NJ/NY area's best NFL team right now is in the AFC.

That's right folks, the J-E-T-S are going to continue this remarkable year and glide right into the playoffs!!

JimJamBonds
12-31-2006, 12:26 AM

Good thing I left him in the lineup in my Yahoo Salary Cap league. I'm too far behind to win the title, but nice to finish on a positive note.

Good thing he scored all those points THIS WEEK when I could have used him LAST WEEK in the Super Bowl.

figrin bran
12-31-2006, 03:00 AM
We are focusing on Tiki because I needed him to have a huge game to avoid being last place in a friend's fantasy league. and because i need to vent about all the TD's that Brandon Jacobs vultured away this season ;)

JetsAndHeels
12-31-2006, 10:46 AM
We are focusing on Tiki because I needed him to have a huge game to avoid being last place in a friend's fantasy league. and because i need to vent about all the TD's that Brandon Jacobs vultured away this season ;)

You're preaching to the choir...I had him in one of my leagues as well and had to endure the same frustration.

Kidhuman
12-31-2006, 01:37 PM
So did I, irked the hell out of me

JetsAndHeels
12-31-2006, 07:52 PM
Who's in the playoffs?

I said who is in the playoffs?

The J-E-T-S that's who!! :crazed:

Kidhuman
12-31-2006, 09:53 PM
One hell of a game in Denver today. The 49ers played a helluva game and knocked em out of the playoffs in OT. Gives the JETS the 5th seed instead of the 6th now.

JetsAndHeels
12-31-2006, 09:54 PM
Jets got New England next Sunday at 1pm.

Time to go up there and punch 'em square in the mouth again.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-31-2006, 11:37 PM
The Steelers, ur Spoliers, kept the Kitty Cats outta the playoffs. I hope Cowher decides on at least one more season; in my lifetime, I've only known 2 coaches in Pittsburgh, and I'd like to enjoy a minimum of another year.

I got out of the fantasy game a couple years back... I can enjoy football SOOOO much more now. Even if I still quick-calculate fantasy values whenever stats crawl across the sceen. :RotisserieGeek: Congrats to those who won, but I can identity more with those who "morally" were victorious, as my squad (the Womp Rats) was oh-for-five in attempts at playoffs. :(

bobafrett
12-31-2006, 11:58 PM
I just watched the Bears lose, and look pathetic on top of it. Then they asked Favre if he was looking to retire and he started getting all weepy. I was crying too, then getting mad at myself for I am a "Bears" fan, not a Packers man.

JetsAndHeels
01-01-2007, 12:06 AM
I just watched the Bears lose, and look pathetic on top of it.

That was a garbage game...Bears have all they need locked up for the playoffs.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-01-2007, 12:17 AM
Seahawks ended the regular season on a good note with a win, but lost a couple more cornerbacks. Hopefully whatever they get to replace them will be enough to keep Dallas in check.

figrin bran
01-01-2007, 02:13 AM
Who's in the playoffs?

I said who is in the playoffs?

The J-E-T-S that's who!! :crazed:

Herman Edwards is in the playoffs as well. :p

and Larry Johnson is going to absolutely punish the Colts.

JetsAndHeels
01-01-2007, 12:12 PM
and Larry Johnson is going to absolutely punish the Colts.

Very well could happen, but in the end I don't see Indy losing at home where they are 8-0.

Sad news out of Denver this morning:

Broncos cornerback shot and killed in drive-by
Posted 1/1/2007 8:07 AM ET E-mail | Save | Print |
DENVER (AP) — Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams was shot and killed in a drive-by shooting in downtown Denver early Monday morning, police said.

Team spokesman Jim Saccomano said police called him about 3 a.m. Mountain Time from the scene of the shooting and told him three people had been shot and that Williams had been killed.

Saccomano said he spoke with coach Mike Shanahan and others in the organization.

"Complete shock. We're speechless. It takes words away. A terrible tragedy," Saccomano said.

Hours before the shooting, the Broncos lost to San Francisco 26-23 in overtime, eliminating them from the playoff race.

JimJamBonds
01-01-2007, 01:19 PM
Bart Favre is a giant "kitty"!!! I said as much to the people I watched the game with and I said it again when I went out to a bar. Crying like a little girl wtf!?!?!?!?!

JetsAndHeels
01-01-2007, 01:28 PM
January 1 and two coaches have already gotten the axe.

Dennis Green is out of Arizona and Jim Mora Jr. is out of Atlanta.

scruffziller
01-01-2007, 06:12 PM
So why was Grossman wearing Griese's jersey?:tired::upset:
Oh well it looked like they wanted to let them win.:ermm::dis::Par:

kool-aid killer
01-01-2007, 07:12 PM
I just watched the Bears lose, and look pathetic on top of it. Then they asked Favre if he was looking to retire and he started getting all weepy. I was crying too, then getting mad at myself for I am a "Bears" fan, not a Packers man.

True. That game was disappointing. Sure, the Bears didnt need the win, but it wasnt pretty watching Grossman (and even Griese to a lesser extent) struggle againts an average NFL team. Grossmans going to be starting their playoff game, but if he struggles look to see Griese after halftime. I just cant believe how they played with no passion or desire. I dont care much for Favre, but i respect his talent. If it was his last game, im glad he went out winning.

2-1B
01-03-2007, 10:51 PM
Bart Favre is a giant "kitty"!!! I said as much to the people I watched the game with and I said it again when I went out to a bar. Crying like a little girl wtf!?!?!?!?!

WTF are you, THanks in A League of Their Own ? :confused:

figrin bran
01-04-2007, 12:04 PM
The Oakland Raiders are on the clock...

and frantically looking for a player to draft with the #1 pick other than Brady Quinn or JaMarcus Russell because those would be logical choices and the Raiders are nothing if not logical.

Meanwhile, Matt Millen is doing coin tosses again and again to decide if Georgia Tech's Calvin Johnson will be the pick or Dwayne Jarrett.

Rogue II
01-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Is there anyone named Napolean in this year's draft? I believe the Raiders automatically get him if there is.

There was a quote from Millen saying that he won't resign even though the Lions have the worst record in football since he took over as GM.

So, did Saban leave the Dolphins because he didn't want to deal with Ricky Williams when he returns next season?

Bel-Cam Jos
01-04-2007, 01:01 PM
The Oakland Raiders are on the clock...

and frantically looking for a player to draft with the #1 pick other than Brady Quinn or JaMarcus Russell because those would be logical choices and the Raiders are nothing if not logical.

Meanwhile, Matt Millen is doing coin tosses again and again to decide if Georgia Tech's Calvin Johnson will be the pick or Dwayne Jarrett.But what about Ted Ginn Jr., if he has a good BCS title game? And Bowe from LSU, he's a nice WR. That dude from Hawaii that had like 3,127.3 yds in the bowl game? C'mon, Matt's got a lot of tough choices to consider... :p

I think Oakland should trade their pick for a 1st and 2nd this year, plus a starting player (preferrably defensive). They have so many needs that the top pick won't be enough.

JetsAndHeels
01-04-2007, 03:13 PM
NEW YORK:New York Jets quarterback Chad Pennington has been named the N-F-L's Comeback Player of the Year by The Associated Press.
Pennington played all 16 games for the first time in his career after undergoing two rotator cuff surgeries over an eight-month span. He threw for a career-high three-thousand-352 yards and 17 touchdowns in leading the surprising Jets to a 10-and-6 and a berth in the A-F-C playoffs.

Pennington missed the final 13 games of last season after injuring his shoulder against Jacksonville. He helped the Jets reach the divisional playoffs the previous year before undergoing his first rotator cuff surgery.

New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees and Cincinnati signal-caller Carson Palmer also received consideration for the award.

Congratulations Chad!!

Kidhuman
01-04-2007, 04:39 PM
Lt Mvp..................

JetsAndHeels
01-04-2007, 05:33 PM
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaiBS_XFX9M&eurl=) guy does a great job of explaining Chad's arm strength, the Jets in the playoffs, and my favorite subject....trigonometry. :D

figrin bran
01-04-2007, 10:41 PM
But what about Ted Ginn Jr., if he has a good BCS title game? And Bowe from LSU, he's a nice WR. That dude from Hawaii that had like 3,127.3 yds in the bowl game? C'mon, Matt's got a lot of tough choices to consider... :p

I think Oakland should trade their pick for a 1st and 2nd this year, plus a starting player (preferrably defensive). They have so many needs that the top pick won't be enough.

Millen does indeed have a lot of tough choices to make. at least he probably has Martz's backing in going with WR's :p

Oakland really does not need defensive players...their record notwithstanding, the D was okay. #1 pass D, #25 rush D makes it the #3 overall. what they do need now is another puppet head coach now that Shell is gone. :p

scruffziller
01-05-2007, 08:33 AM
Damn you Tank Johnson!!!!! Quit committing crimes!!!!!!!!!:upset:

figrin bran
01-05-2007, 11:45 AM
how many rounds of ammo did they find in Tank Johnson's home again? Tank Johnson - Mercenary for Hire :p

awwww, Bill Cowher wants to "spend more time with his family". where have i heard that one before?

Bel-Cam Jos
01-05-2007, 12:32 PM
how many rounds of ammo did they find in Tank Johnson's home again? Tank Johnson - Mercenary for Hire :p

awwww, Bill Cowher wants to "spend more time with his family". where have i heard that one before?Well, he isn't "Bank" Johnson, to have boxes of money at home...

I am saddened that Cowher is leaving, for whatever the reasons. But, Steeler fans can't be disappointed: his record is stellar, he won it all once and got to the game twice, and most importantly, while coaches were being used up like Kleenex he lasted 15 years. May the Chin be with you, Bill! :mad: (not mad, but chin-serious! and why hasn't there been a Cowher action figure with Chin Spitting Action made?)

JetsAndHeels
01-05-2007, 11:06 PM
BCJ, if I see coach Cowher in Raleigh anytime I will make sure to tell him you said hello and thanks.

JetsAndHeels
01-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Once again Herm Edwards shows why he is the dumbest man in Western Civilization. LJ has like 30 yards for the game, Trent green can't throw worth crap, no first downs the whole first half, etc...yet Herm stays with the same offensive scheme, never puts in Damon Huard, then he just stands by all cavalier because he doesn't really care. I mean after all this is his best friend he is playing against, which he said afterwards to Dungy "you win this thing"....Herm didn't prepare them at all, and it was evident.

Now Chefs fans finally start to see the reality me and other Jets fans had to endure for 4 years:

http://www.chiefshuddle.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33982

figrin bran
01-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Herm didn't have much of a game plan but give credit to the much maligned Colts D for stepping up today.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-06-2007, 11:23 PM
Well, the Seahawks escaped by the narrowest of margins. They got all the breaks they didn't get in the Super Bowl last year. Now on to Chicago or Nawlins.

Slicker
01-07-2007, 12:03 AM
I am sooooo glad that that cocky pr**k Romo got brought down off his little cloud. He lost that game. Plain and simple.

JetsAndHeels
01-07-2007, 12:09 AM
At least T.O. has 25 million reasons to be alive...and come back next season.

UKWildcat
01-07-2007, 01:29 AM
I am sooooo glad that that cocky pr**k Romo got brought down off his little cloud. He lost that game. Plain and simple.

Amen Slicker! What the hell was he doing in there holding for that FG attempt anyways? :confused: lol :confused:

Mad Slanted Powers
01-07-2007, 01:34 AM
Amen Slicker! What the hell was he doing in there holding for that FG attempt anyways? :confused: lol :confused:
He's been holding all year apparently. Since he started out as the backup QB, that was his job. Backup QB's and punters tend to be the holders now. I believe the announcers said that Plummer was the only starter that was a holder, but he's not the starter anymore.

figrin bran
01-07-2007, 01:39 AM

he cost them the game thanks to that botched snap but without him, they wouldn't even have made it into the playoffs.

Slicker
01-07-2007, 12:24 PM
I'm not wanting to argue about a team I hate but that snap looked perfect. Romo caught it perfectly but when he went to put the ball down it fell out of his hands.

At least T.O. has 25 million reasons to be alive...and come back next season.So that comes out to about a million per dropped ball. :rolleyes:

UKWildcat
01-07-2007, 12:40 PM
He's been holding all year apparently. Since he started out as the backup QB, that was his job. Backup QB's and punters tend to be the holders now.

I understand that, but he is the Starting QB now. I think the only reason he should have been the holder is if they wanted to do some trickery, which they did, though it was unintentional. I actually thought Romo was going to rush the ball into the endzone until he was tackled from behind. Oh well, I am not a Dallas fan but I thought they would be a better/more exciting team to face in the playoffs instead of the Seahawks who are all injured.

Kidhuman
01-07-2007, 02:42 PM
Most teams have been using QB's as holders incase it gets botched, someone can launch the ball to someone.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-07-2007, 03:08 PM
I understand that, but he is the Starting QB now. I think they prefer to stick with the same person since they are already used to it. Announcers always seem to point out when there is a different snapper or holder and how that might affect things.

kool-aid killer
01-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Poor Jets&Heels, the Jets lost a close one to the Patriots. Dont let the score fool you, this game was closer than what it ended at. Its too bad the Jets couldnt get more out of their drives. Give credit to New Englands offensive line though, they gave Brady a lot of time to pick apart the Jets.

Kidhuman
01-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Jets shouldnt have blitzed so much, they night have held the Pats O more often

Mad Slanted Powers
01-07-2007, 08:57 PM
An 0-2 day for New York. I was kind of pulling for the Giants. Those road uniforms they have are one of my favorite uniforms. That's even one of my favorite outfits I wear to work - gray pants, white shirt, blue and red tie.

This means the Seahawks must return to Chicago, the site of a thrashing they received on national TV. I'm thinking they might actually have a better chance against Chicago than against New Orleans since Chicago's offense hasn't been as explosive as they were early in the season.

So, of the 16 possible Super Bowl combinations remaining, only NE vs Chicago and NE vs Philly have occurred before.

2-1B
01-07-2007, 09:18 PM
I don't know why it's so important to keep Romo as the holder, I mean they DID get a different kicker midseason when they sh**canned Vanderjackarse so what's the big deal? lol lol lol

I'm rooting for the Eagles to keep knocking people off. And the Chargers, too.

Philly / San Diego is my hope since it can't be Cleveland and Green Bay. :)

Mad Slanted Powers
01-07-2007, 10:16 PM
If the Seahawks don't make it, I'd like to see New Orleans or Indianapolis win. Maybe San Diego if they wear their throwback uniforms.

figrin bran
01-07-2007, 10:24 PM
I don't know why it's so important to keep Romo as the holder, I mean they DID get a different kicker midseason when they sh**canned Vanderjackarse so what's the big deal? lol lol lol

I'm rooting for the Eagles to keep knocking people off. And the Chargers, too.

Philly / San Diego is my hope since it can't be Cleveland and Green Bay. :)

Romo has been a holder since 2004. they probably don't have anyone that could do it better than him on the roster.

TO is due a $3 mil bonus in March which means he could get cut before then.

JetsAndHeels
01-07-2007, 10:49 PM
You know what guys, as dissappointed as I am with today's loss, there is still plenty to be optimistic about for the Jets.
First of all we now have a smart, x's and o's guy as our coach who knows how to get the most out of the talent on the roster. Mangini comes from that Belicheck system of utilizing the right personnel at the right positions. Already it has paid off on both offense and defense, as the Jets have been much better on both sides of the ball.
Another good sign is the fact that we are 25 mill under the salary cap. Only one player is a free agent this year and that will be taken care of quickly. We have the resources to help strengthen our defense (hopefully our secondary) and bring in some free agents to help improve the efficiency. Plus with another solid draft which I am sure we will have, things are going to be just fine.
The Jets are on the rise, and the GangGreen will be at full power again in the 2007 season. And dammit I am happy about it. :)

figrin bran
01-13-2007, 02:11 AM
The Chargers bandwagon makes its final stop this season this sunday :p

i'd like to see upsets in all 4 games this weekend but it's probably not going to happen.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-13-2007, 02:36 AM

i'd like to see upsets in all 4 games this weekend but it's probably not going to happen.As long as there is an upset in Chicago, I'll be happy.

Kidhuman
01-13-2007, 08:16 AM
Colts, Saints, Bears and Chargers will win this weekend.

bobafrett
01-13-2007, 08:18 AM

You stay on my "good" side KH. I need the Bears to win tomorrow to keep me happy. :D

Mad Slanted Powers
01-13-2007, 07:57 PM
Recalling that old SNL skit: "We are the kickers we kick ball." Indy beats Baltimore, all points on field goals. One underdog victory so far.

Kidhuman
01-13-2007, 10:30 PM
Colts/Ravens was a great defensive game. Loved it.

figrin bran
01-13-2007, 11:04 PM
I didn't feel like starting a new thread for it and i figure it would be mostly us football fans who care but Burger King is selling mini bobbleheads of The King right now! i bought one today and will probably get at least one more as a prize for next year's fantasy league.

there are 8 different ones...coach king, qb king, wr king, rb king, kicker king and so forth.

yessss!!!! $aint Reggie just fumbled!

Mad Slanted Powers
01-14-2007, 02:39 AM
yessss!!!! $aint Reggie just fumbled!He also took quite a hit on the first play from scrimmage. He did pretty well aside from that, such as on that touchdown run. If the Seahawks get past the Bears, I fear the combo of Deuce and Reggie.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-14-2007, 11:02 AM
So now it's apparently time for announcers to weigh in on the potential "stories" behind Super Bowl match-ups, so allow my to help them:

- San Diego Chargers vs. Drew Brees (and Jon Carney :confused: )
- A "new" SB with New England vs. New Orleans
- 2005 MVP Shawn Alexander vs. 2006 MVP LaDanian Tomlinsen
- Peyton Manning, Louisiana connections vs. Naw Luns
- rematch of SB XX (Bears, Patriots)
- potential first time SB winners New Orleans, San Diego
- horsies vs. cubbies (Colts, Bears)
- fake things vs. fake things (Chargers, Seahawks)

Have at it, talking guys! :p

Mad Slanted Powers
01-14-2007, 02:04 PM
- fake things vs. fake things (Chargers, Seahawks)The Chargers used to have a secondary logo of a horse (http://www.sportslogos.net/team.php?t=164), so I think that may be what Chargers initially referred to. I believe that "seahawk" is a nickname for the osprey (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osprey).

Bel-Cam Jos
01-14-2007, 05:11 PM
The Chargers used to have a secondary logo of a horse (http://www.sportslogos.net/team.php?t=164), so I think that may be what Chargers initially referred to. I believe that "seahawk" is a nickname for the osprey (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osprey).Like how the Oakland Athletics and Alabama Crimson Tide have elephants? Hey, you pick a weird mascot or a "concept," then you gotta stick with it; no fair bringin' in something else! :rolleyes:

kool-aid killer
01-14-2007, 05:27 PM
As long as there is an upset in Chicago, I'll be happy.

Bwahahahahahahaahahahaha!!!

Close, but no cigar. Had the Bears lost i would have rooted for the Seahawks. But the Bears pulled it out in the overtime. Im happy to see that they will play next week, but ive got some concerns. But i'll voice those later in the week. I wish i could be in Chicago right now, im sure it rocking.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-14-2007, 05:31 PM
Congrats to the Bears. It was a close, hard fought game. I'm on the Saints bandwagon though, so I will be rooting for them next week. They're the only one of the bunch that hasn't been to the Super Bowl. The Colts haven't been there since they moved to Indy.

Tycho
01-14-2007, 05:34 PM
- fake things vs. fake things (Chargers, Seahawks)

My hometown team here isn't a False Football Team!

BTW, San Diego could wind up playing Chicago, my birth town.

My uncle and my grandpa will be rooting for the Bears no doubt. But I'm a bandwagon Charger this season.

I live within walking distance of Qualcomm Stadium and I can hear the crowd, the music, and any fireworks (uh, that's on hold until they score).

Ooops. Games back on. TV's in the other room...

figrin bran
01-14-2007, 08:18 PM
Kaeding misses the kick!

We get Indy/NE once again! :thumbsup:

Tycho
01-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Kaeding misses the kick!

It was a longshot kick...:upset:

Grrrr.

I'll be rooting for Indy and then the Bears should they be in the Super Bowl.

Awww. Shucks!

figrin bran
01-14-2007, 08:31 PM
It was a longshot kick...:upset:

Grrrr.

longshot, but still very makeable for Kaeding.

i don't like the Bears nor do i like "America's Sympathy Team" so i don't know who i'd like to win the NFC...

kool-aid killer
01-14-2007, 10:13 PM
Its too bad the Chargers squandered a good preformance from Tomlinson today. They kept letting the Pats stick around, and then they take the lead with so little time left. Poor Marty, he just cant seem to get it done.

Bran, from henceforth you are dubbed "the Minister of the Hate Department" in this thread. May Tank Johnson never cross your path.

Go Bears!!!

Mad Slanted Powers
01-14-2007, 10:52 PM
I've actually kind of liked the Saints for a long time. In 1978 they were 7-9 and in 1979 they were 8-8, so I was kind of hoping they would finally break through in 1980. However, that was their dismal 1-15 season. They were 4-5 in the strike shortened 1982 season, and 1983, 1984 and 1986 brought 8-8, 7-9 and 7-9 seasons. The 1987 strike season brought them their first winning season at 12-3 but they got thumped in the playoffs by the Vikings. It was kind of weird because as a kid I was Vikings fan and here I was rooting against them. They were .500 or better through 1993, but that only brought three trips to the playoffs and zero wins there. They then had couple 7-9 seasons followed by even worse seasons through 1999. They made the playoffs in 2000 and got their first playoff victory, but then lost to the Vikings again and hadn't been back until this season.

Kidhuman
01-14-2007, 11:11 PM

3 of 4 aint bad.

Colts and the saints next weekend

figrin bran
01-15-2007, 01:24 AM
kool aid killer, honestly i didn't come up with that "america's sympathy team". :p

and you would be bitter too if your hometown lost not one but two NFL franchises. ;)

Mad Slanted Powers
01-15-2007, 01:37 AM
kool aid killer, honestly i didn't come up with that "america's sympathy team". :p

and you would be bitter too if your hometown lost not one but two NFL franchises. ;)Seattle has come close to losing all three of their major pro teams. Mariners were gonna go to Tampa, Seahawks were going to go to L.A., and now they are thinking of moving the Sonics to Oklahoma City.

JetsAndHeels
01-15-2007, 03:53 PM
All I gotta say is go Colts.

General_Grievous
01-15-2007, 04:41 PM
My predictions for next weekend? Colts beat the Saints, Bears beat the Pats. Colts vs. Bears for a very even-matched Super Bowl.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-15-2007, 07:34 PM
My predictions for next weekend? Colts beat the Saints, Bears beat the Pats. Colts vs. Bears for a very even-matched Super Bowl.
The Colts are playing the Pats and the Bears are playing the Saints. That can still get you the matchup you predicted though.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-15-2007, 07:46 PM
The Colts are playing the Pats and the Bears are playing the Saints. That can still get you the matchup you predicted though.That would be so cool if you could mix-n-match the matchups... like Ditka versus a hurricane named Hurricane Ditka.

bobafrett
01-15-2007, 08:22 PM
<----------"Da Bears"

I'm hoping for a Bears vs Patriots Superbowl. Then we can beat the Pats again, but it won't be so one sided this time around.

Tycho
01-15-2007, 09:38 PM
I'm all for The Bears - my birthtown team - and yup, after San Diego, I'd love to see the Patriots get trounced! But the sooner New England goes down, the better. So if Indy kicks their butt, then that'll do.

Right now it doesn't matter to me who the Bears play, so long as they WIN!

figrin bran
01-15-2007, 10:15 PM
the local LA media, being the false Charger fans that they are, have made a big deal about LT's comments regarding the Pats celebrations.

all i have to say to LT is that how convenient it is that you call them classless for mocking Shawn Steroidman's sack dance and yet when Steroidman makes merriment of the QB's that he's sacked, that isn't classless? i think it should be one of those proverbial NFL man laws that if you make a spectacle of yourself during games, you're free game for mockery i.e. Hines Ward and Steve Smith and everyone else mocking TO's bird flapping a few years back.

Come on Peyton, it's now or never!!! :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
01-16-2007, 12:56 AM

You mean Tycho? :D

figrin bran
01-16-2007, 01:18 AM
You mean Tycho? :D

i said "the chargers bandwagon" and not any specific person :D

2-1B
01-16-2007, 08:04 PM
Frett, I love ya but you are nuts if you think the Baby Bears can beat Foxboro.

Go Patriots ! :)

(sorry J&H but I dislike the other 3 teams more than the Pats so I'm rooting for the Dynasty)

General_Grievous
01-16-2007, 09:58 PM
The Colts are playing the Pats and the Bears are playing the Saints. That can still get you the matchup you predicted though.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I was a bit tired when I posted that.

JetsAndHeels
01-16-2007, 10:46 PM
sorry J&H but I dislike the other 3 teams more than the Pats so I'm rooting for the Dynasty

Its ok, I guess nobody is perfect. :)

kool-aid killer
01-17-2007, 12:38 PM
the local LA media, being the false Charger fans that they are, have made a big deal about LT's comments regarding the Pats celebrations.

all i have to say to LT is that how convenient it is that you call them classless for mocking Shawn Steroidman's sack dance and yet when Steroidman makes merriment of the QB's that he's sacked, that isn't classless? i think it should be one of those proverbial NFL man laws that if you make a spectacle of yourself during games, you're free game for mockery i.e. Hines Ward and Steve Smith and everyone else mocking TO's bird flapping a few years back.

Come on Peyton, it's now or never!!! :thumbsup:

The Giants had a "move" they did earlier in the year. They would act as if they shot a basketball. When teams started to bust them up during the midseason, the other opposing players would mock them by "shooting" also after they made plays against the Giants.

Baby Bears had a close game against the Patsies in Foxboro during the midseason. I think the Bears can take them if they meet up again.

Rogue II
01-18-2007, 04:37 PM
From the league that gave us "the Whizinator"...

The NFL proudly presents: Michael Vick's Water Bottle! (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-falcons-vickinvestigation&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Its a good thing they didn't trade Matt Schaub.

JetsAndHeels
01-18-2007, 04:51 PM
Its a good thing they didn't trade Matt Schaub.

Schaub is a very good qb. Anywhere else and I think he would be a starting player from day one this past season. He is a much better qb than vick, that is for sure. He is accurate and has a good arm, plus he is an upstanding guy and wouldn't pull this crap that Vick is.
I think its time the Falcons give him the starting job he deserves.

Rogue II
01-18-2007, 05:31 PM
I thought he was supposed to be pretty good. Early last season, other teams were trying to trade for him. The Falcons' GM must have expected an injury because of the way he runs (or a suspension) in Vick's future.

figrin bran
01-18-2007, 10:24 PM
i saw the headline earlier today "did star QB try to sneak pot onto plane?" and immediately thought of our friend Mr. Mexico.

bobafrett
01-21-2007, 05:49 PM
The Bears are 3 quarters into the game, and unless something goes really wrong, we are going to the SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-21-2007, 05:55 PM
The Bears are 3 quarters into the game, and unless something goes really wrong, we are going to the SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!

Quiet Bobara, don't jinx us! I'm pacing my apartment and yelling at the TV, good and bad. SO NERVOUS!!!

bobafrett
01-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Quiet Bobara, don't jinx us! I'm pacing my apartment and yelling at the TV, good and bad. SO NERVOUS!!!

With less than two minutes left in the game, I think we can safely say......It's going to be the BEARS in the big game!

The defense looked great out there today, and even Rex put up some highlights! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-21-2007, 06:19 PM
With less than two minutes left in the game, I think we can safely say......It's going to be the BEARS in the big game!

The defense looked great out there today, and even Rex put up some highlights! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :D

wwoooooooooooooo woooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Crazy game! I was getting nervous there in the third quarter, but Rex and the D stepped it up and took control of the game!!!

Now, if the Colts can wipe out the effin' Patriots (i just hate them so much) i'll be a happy camper.

I've been blaring the Super Bowl shuffle for about 15 minutes now. heheheheh :crazed:

bobafrett
01-21-2007, 06:24 PM
I have the shuffle on a 45 but no player to play it on.

GO BEARS!!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-21-2007, 06:34 PM
I have the shuffle on a 45 but no player to play it on.

GO BEARS!!!

dude, do a search on the myspace music for the Chicago Bears and it's on there! I still have our records back home.

and yes, recordS plural cos my folks bought many of those records. :thumbsup:

kool-aid killer
01-21-2007, 06:48 PM
Da Bears are in the Super Bowl!!! They had a little 10 minute stretch where they didnt play very good on offense or defense, but they turned it around and dominated the game. Im so proud of them. The journey isnt over, theres one game left, but ive got faith in them.

bobafrett
01-21-2007, 06:54 PM
My prediction is halfway true, I'm sticking with the Bears against the Patriots, though I think it might be easier against the Colts.

scruffziller
01-21-2007, 07:52 PM
My prediction is halfway true, I'm sticking with the Bears against the Patriots, though I think it might be easier against the Colts.

I'm saying Damn, if the Patties make it I would say the planets are lining up again.......lol GO BEARS!!!!

I am going to post my mp3 of The Superbowl shuffle on my Myspace.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-21-2007, 10:20 PM
I'm saying Damn, if the Patties make it I would say the planets are lining up again.......lol GO BEARS!!!!

I am going to post my mp3 of The Superbowl shuffle on my Myspace.

I'll be doing that on myspace here in a week or so.

and i'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Happy that the Colts beat the Patriots. I've always loathed Tom Brady and the unsportsman like attitudes of a lot of the Patriots along with their a-hole coach just makes me THAT much happier that the Colts beat'em. And was I seeing things or did Brady run off the field before he could shake hands with Manning or any of the colts? Whatta d-head. Should be a great Super Bowl! :thumbsup:

figrin bran
01-21-2007, 10:27 PM
Brady and Manning are pretty good friends so i'm sure he didn't just trot off the field into the locker room w/out shaking hands.

it was a great sight to see Belicheck grab his sweatshirt collar for the entire 4th quarter seemingly. what's the matter Bill, a little nervous? too much pressure for ya? :p

Kidhuman
01-21-2007, 10:28 PM
Damn what a game. F' Brady. He sucks. Lets go Colts. Manning deserves a ring as well as Marv and Wayne

bobafrett
01-21-2007, 10:35 PM
What a great game by the Colts. It should be a great Superbowl. I'm predicting a Bears win!

Kidhuman
01-21-2007, 10:36 PM
What a great game by the Colts. It should be a great Superbowl. I'm predicting a Bears win!

Go figure..... :rolleyes: ISOBAWS & :beard:

2-1B
01-22-2007, 12:22 AM
The only thing Manning "deserves" is forehead reduction surgery. :rolleyes:

I don't understand the deserve talk...if he deserves one, he'll get one. It is still a team sport, too.

JetsAndHeels
01-22-2007, 12:26 AM
Congrats to the Bears and Colts.

I will say that seeing Indy come back and defeat the Pats is just as good as a Jets win. Nobody despises this franchise more than me, and I love to see Belicheck mad. That interview he did after the game was priceless. I think he said a total of 10 words..what a friggin a hole...takes a million bucks from the late owner of the Jets to be the coach then leaves town the next day with the money. That team can go to hell as far as I am concerned.

JimJamBonds
01-22-2007, 12:55 AM
The only good thing with the Bears winning is we won't have to listen for the next two weeks about how the city of New Orleans has rallied around then team in the wake of Katrina.

I wonder what Old Orleans thinks about the Saints???

kool-aid killer
01-22-2007, 12:57 AM
I was glad that the Colts beat the Pats. Now the Bears know who they will face. Im confident that the Bears can win. Theyve got a better defense and better special teams. You see the punt/kickoff returns the Pats were getting against the Colts? I like Hesters chances to run on them. If the Bears offense can just get an average game from Grossman, they should be good. It all comes down to how good the offensive line plays. If theyre good, Grossman will have time to throw and the backs will have holes to run through. Im so excited, it would be great if they could win.

JetsAndHeels
01-22-2007, 01:10 AM
What do the Pats and Mama Cass have in common??

2-1B
01-22-2007, 01:19 AM
ill fitting cut off sweatshirts ? :confused:

JetsAndHeels
01-22-2007, 01:22 AM
Yes they have that in common Caesar, but I was thinking that this time the Colts were the ham sandwich. :)

figrin bran
01-22-2007, 01:28 AM
what's the matter with you Bears fans? none of you have come out to say "the Bears are who we thought they are!" :p

this is even more incredible than Peyton Manning finally beating NE in a playoff game - according to league sources, Mr. Ron Mexico was not carrying marijuana in that water bottle and is expected to be exonerated of all charges.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-22-2007, 03:04 AM
Yes they have that in common Caesar, but I was thinking that this time the Colts were the ham sandwich. :)
She wasn't killed by a ham sandwich! http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/mamacass.asp

scruffziller
01-22-2007, 07:35 AM
what's the matter with you Bears fans? none of you have come out to say "the Bears are who we thought they are!" :p

We are quite a bit more humble than that.;) We may be rabid fanatics and real critical of our team but I think a number of us try to set ourselves apart from the sports trash talkers. At least I do.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-22-2007, 08:41 AM
Brady and Manning are pretty good friends so i'm sure he didn't just trot off the field into the locker room w/out shaking hands.

I saw that on the highlights this morning. I was watching the celebration in between PC business, so I guess I had missed it.

The only good thing with the Bears winning is we won't have to listen for the next two weeks about how the city of New Orleans has rallied around then team in the wake of Katrina.

I wonder what Old Orleans thinks about the Saints???

Man, that seems like quite a rude thing to say. The city of New Orleans DID rally behind the Saints since the beginning of the season and while I'm a Bears fan, had the Saint made it to the Super Bowl and won, I would've found it to be a very emotional win after all the horror they went through. I would think that the city of New Orleans is very proud of their team's accomplishments. Why wouldn't they be?

We are quite a bit more humble than that.;) We may be rabid fanatics and real critical of our team but I think a number of us try to set ourselves apart from the sports trash talkers. At least I do.

I just hope with this win the Bears can finally earn some respect from critics. EVERYBODY had the Saints over the Bears, but they proved they can pull out wins on great teams. And as I told my pal, this wasn't just a "win" it was a 25 point win. It's gonna be great watching PTI and ATH tonight to see some "experts" eat their own words. :thumbsup:

Onwards to the Super Bowl! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Kidhuman
01-22-2007, 08:51 AM
The city of New Orleans DID rally behind the Saints since the beginning of the season and while I'm a Bears fan, had the Saint made it to the Super Bowl and won, I would've found it to be a very emotional win after all the horror they went through.

But the real question is would you have cried as St. Reggie ran into the End zone?
:p

I just hope with this win the Bears can finally earn some respect from critics. EVERYBODY had the Saints over the Bears, but they proved they can pull out wins on great teams. And as I told my pal, this wasn't just a "win" it was a 25 point win. It's gonna be great watching PTI and ATH tonight to see some "experts" eat their own words. :thumbsup:

Onwards to the Super Bowl! :love: :love: :love: :love:

The Bears success has ALOT to do with Grossman. which one will show up? The sloppy 1.3 or 0.0 QB rating one or the 1/2way decent one that showed up yesterday? The worse he is the longer the D stays on the field and tires out, which if they tire out, Marv, Wayne and crew will be down field qucikly.

figrin bran
01-22-2007, 11:37 AM
But the real question is would you have cried as St. Reggie ran into the End zone?
:p

That's a great nickname for Mr. Bush but i believe the proper spelling is $aint or $t. :p

UKWildcat
01-22-2007, 02:02 PM
Just saw where Parcells retired. Maybe now he can live a somewhat happy life as opposed to being sad and depressed on the sidelines.

Rogue II
01-22-2007, 05:24 PM
I was glad to see the Colts come back, but I thought Brady was going to make that last minute winning drive. Didn't expect him to toss an INT at the most critical part of the game like that.

I guess I'll pull for the Bears in the big game.

According to the Buffalo News, Willis McGahee in did an interview with Penthouse magazine and he suggested that the NFL should move the Bills to Toronto so he can have a better social life. It's not like he's fathered 3 kids with different mothers already. The writers in Buffalo seem to think it's time for the Bills to trade him and find a new RB. He has one year left on his contract and his agent is Drew Rosenhaus. The paper also said something about the Bills targeting Chicago's Lance Briggs if they don't resign him.

2-1B
01-22-2007, 06:55 PM
Man, that seems like quite a rude thing to say. The city of New Orleans DID rally behind the Saints since the beginning of the season and while I'm a Bears fan, had the Saint made it to the Super Bowl and won, I would've found it to be a very emotional win after all the horror they went through. I would think that the city of New Orleans is very proud of their team's accomplishments. Why wouldn't they be?

I don't think it's a matter of the horror they went through, it's more like the horror they are GOING through. Rebuilding that city appears to be a huge challenge with so many people still "displaced", escalating crime, etc, so I find myself agreeing with JimJam's opinion that it's annoying to hear about the Cinderella season of the Saints when that city has real problems to deal with that can't really be eased by a football game. If it gives people a few hours of escapism from their troubles then that is nice but it's only a fraction of what they have to deal with so I am also sick of hearing about it in such mystical terms. I don't think that's rude, it's just being realistic. :)

If my house was flooded out and my life was in shambles, personally I wouldn't care about the achievements of a pro sports team. If it soothes someone's pain for a bit then that's fine but some people make this out to be much more than it is (I saw Terry Bradshaw milking it yesterday lol ).

P.S. go Bears but only because I am not a Manning fan. :crazed: :crazed:

Mad Slanted Powers
01-22-2007, 07:51 PM
The only thing Manning "deserves" is forehead reduction surgery. :rolleyes:

I don't understand the deserve talk...if he deserves one, he'll get one. It is still a team sport, too.True, no one really deserves anything, you have to earn it. The thing is that so often you have players that retire as one of the all time greats at their position, but there is always that qualifier, "but he never won a championship." Dan Marino, Fran Tarkenton and Warren Moon have tons of all time records, but no Super Bowl victories (though Moon led Edmonton to 5 Grey Cup titles). If Michael Jordan had not been part of 6 titles, then maybe he would rate no higher than George Gervin. The fact that it is a team sport means that a lot of great players never get to win a championship. So, when you have a guy like Peyton Manning, who seems like a decent guy as well as being one of the best in the league, a lot of people will be pulling for the Colts because of that. An additional factor here is that his dad was also a pretty good quarterback, but played for losing teams his entire career. Plus, it makes for a good story. Someone rebounding from all of the past playoff disappointments to finally win a championship.

figrin bran
01-22-2007, 10:30 PM
Just saw where Parcells retired. Maybe now he can live a somewhat happy life as opposed to being sad and depressed on the sidelines.

I'll bet Parcells is just as surly around the house :p

I fear that Mr. Jones is really going to mess things up and Dallas will be lucky to get even a Dennis Green as coach. but he'll probably hire a puppet coach and keep TO :cry:

JetsAndHeels
01-22-2007, 10:51 PM
Parcells isn't done yet I am willing to bet. He said the same thing when he left the Jets in 99 and yet he came back. Give it maybe a season or so, you will see him involved in some type of football even if its not being a head coach.

Kidhuman
01-22-2007, 11:15 PM
Parcells will be raiders coach next year.

JetsAndHeels
01-22-2007, 11:20 PM

Oh Lord...no way man!! You think he had trouble with TO, imagine if he had to deal with that team out there and all the freaks that are involved!! Wow that would be the death of Billy for sure. :)

JimJamBonds
01-23-2007, 12:40 AM
Hey did anybody else notice when Fox showed a shot of the crowd after Reggie Bush's 88 yard scamper that a healthy amount of fans were giving the bird? You stay classy Chicago!

figrin bran
01-23-2007, 01:33 AM

heck no! the Arizona Cardinals will win the Super Bowl against the Texans before that happens.

Al Davis only hires puppet coaches and doesn't seem to like to allow his coaches too much input on personnel.

what's wrong with giving $aint Reggie the bird???? what do you think i've been doing for the past 3 years? :thumbsup:

edit: too late! Oakland has hired Lane Kiffin, U$C's offensive coordinator as their new puppet -err head coach. congratulations Lane, you made the right choice!

JetsAndHeels
01-23-2007, 09:50 AM

Raiders just hired Monte Kiffin's son, Kyle to be their next coach. Monte is an assistant on the Buccanneers. ESPNNEWS said it was a 5 year deal.

JimJamBonds
01-23-2007, 10:41 AM
ESPNNEWS said it was a 5 year deal.

Which means he will only last three years.

UKWildcat
01-23-2007, 11:46 AM
Monte is an assistant on the Buccanneers.

Defensive coordinator to be exact. :)

figrin bran
01-23-2007, 11:54 AM
Raiders just hired Monte Kiffin's son, Kyle to be their next coach. Monte is an assistant on the Buccanneers. ESPNNEWS said it was a 5 year deal.

Hey Lois :p , i already beat you to the story. and you got your facts wrong, the new raiders coach is Monte Kiffin's son but his name is Lane and as i mentioned, he is the U$C offensive coordinator. (which means i'm pleased to see him leave)

JetsAndHeels
01-23-2007, 05:30 PM
Hey Lois :p , i already beat you to the story. and you got your facts wrong, the new raiders coach is Monte Kiffin's son but his name is Lane and as i mentioned, he is the U$C offensive coordinator. (which means i'm pleased to see him leave)

Whatever!! Lane, Kyle, whatever...the guy is in for one heck of a job.

2-1B
01-23-2007, 08:43 PM
the Arizona Cardinals will win the Super Bowl against the Texans before that happens.

I hope that doesn't happen in my lifetime, I don't think I could bear it. lol

Then again, I did survive the Ravens and Giants so whatever. :D

JetsAndHeels
01-23-2007, 09:16 PM
Bobafrett, I noticed you have "going to Miami for the Super Bowl" as your location now. Are you really going or are you just putting that there in support of your team?

bobafrett
01-23-2007, 09:23 PM
Bobafrett, I noticed you have "going to Miami for the Super Bowl" as your location now. Are you really going or are you just putting that there in support of your team?

Come on now, I work at Wal-Mart, it would cost me a years wages to go to Miami during Superbowl weekend. I had Will Smiths "Going to Miami" playing in my head, since this radio show I listen to drills it into my skull. I wish I was going to Miami, but I will be watching the game at home. :cry:

GO BEARS!

JetsAndHeels
01-23-2007, 09:25 PM
Come on now, I work at Wal-Mart, it would cost me a years wages to go to Miami during Superbowl weekend. I had Will Smiths "Going to Miami" playing in my head, since this radio show I listen to drills it into my skull. I wish I was going to Miami, but I will be watching the game at home. :cry:

I had to ask, still you have alot to be excited about.

If the Jets were to get to the Superbowl I would find a way and do my damndest to get to that game. Hell I would put a kidney on ebay. :)

2-1B
01-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Why would Frett travel that far just to watch his team lose ? :D

I predict The Colts win in 6 games, 4-2, but I hope Da Bears can make a series out of it. :(

Good luck, Frett! :)